2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 6/12/2022 at 8:30 AM, King ranch 62 said:

Is there anyone out there who ordered a super duty through Keller ford in Hanford California? If so have you gotten any information about your build date? I’ve been # 1 and priority 2 on the waiting list for a couple months now, king ranch ultimate took off fifth wheel prep and spray in bed liner and front and rear wheel well liners in February and still nothing. I was told that they “Keller ford” didn’t get in any super duties last month and nothing is scheduled for June or July yet. Allocation issue? Hell the salesman manager says he’s never heard of the multi contour seats issue and I just talked to him on Friday. I most likely won’t be buying anymore vehicles from them. ?‍♂️

Sure seems our stories match in many ways but I ordered same truck through small dealer in southwest Louisiana.  Took off same items and my dealer’s sales manager is telling me they have not heard about issues with MC seats.   Have been priority 2 and first in dealers line since early April.   ???

This past Friday I completed all the paperwork to finalize the purchase of my new F350 and I was taken aback by a policy ( I guess I can call it that) that is in place when you remove items from your order (AS, 5WP). I ordered a F350 Lariat Ultimate package LED's and a dually, my order also included AS and 5WP, my agreed upon sales price was $77,100. After my order, at the recommendation of the GM at my dealer, I dropped AS ($910) and 5WP ($455) from my order. When I went in to finalize my purchase, my salesman brought out the contract and I see the sales price is still $77,100. I then ask him, "shouldn't the sales price be less as I dropped AS and 5WP from my order but I see that I am still getting charged for it?" The sales manager calls the Ford rep and I am giving a $127.00 discount from Ford. I asked the sales manager that my sales price includes $1,365 for options that I didn't get and Ford is only giving me $127.00 credit? He laughed and said that is Ford's doing not his. I said, so basically, Ford is still charging me  $1,238 for nothing. So if my original order had not included AS and 5WP, my truck would have cost $1,365 less, but because I ordered those options and Ford, at the time,  couldn't produce it that way so  I remove those items from my order. Yet Ford still makes money on those items even though they provide nothing to the customer. What a racket these automakers have going on.  BTW, I had to purchase the 5WP kit for 720.00 and pay to have it installed for 500.00 even though there is a line item in my invoice for the factory 5WP kit that I am still paying for.

37 minutes ago, No-Communication548 said:

Is there some issue with shipping going on at the moment? The truck I ordered was built 3 weeks ago but the tracker still shows that it hasn't shipped yet.

There have been shipping problems for the last 20 years or so.  It’s worse since the pandemic.

40 minutes ago, No-Communication548 said:

Is there some issue with shipping going on at the moment? The truck I ordered was built 3 weeks ago but the tracker still shows that it hasn't shipped yet.

Mines still sitting there, modules live on 5/5. 

34 minutes ago, rlp450 said:

This past Friday I completed all the paperwork to finalize the purchase of my new F350 and I was taken aback by a policy ( I guess I can call it that) that is in place when you remove items from your order (AS, 5WP). I ordered a F350 Lariat Ultimate package LED's and a dually, my order also included AS and 5WP, my agreed upon sales price was $77,100. After my order, at the recommendation of the GM at my dealer, I dropped AS ($910) and 5WP ($455) from my order. When I went in to finalize my purchase, my salesman brought out the contract and I see the sales price is still $77,100. I then ask him, "shouldn't the sales price be less as I dropped AS and 5WP from my order but I see that I am still getting charged for it?" The sales manager calls the Ford rep and I am giving a $127.00 discount from Ford. I asked the sales manager that my sales price includes $1,365 for options that I didn't get and Ford is only giving me $127.00 credit? He laughed and said that is Ford's doing not his. I said, so basically, Ford is still charging me  $1,238 for nothing. So if my original order had not included AS and 5WP, my truck would have cost $1,365 less, but because I ordered those options and Ford, at the time,  couldn't produce it that way so  I remove those items from my order. Yet Ford still makes money on those items even though they provide nothing to the customer. What a racket these automakers have going on.  BTW, I had to purchase the 5WP kit for 720.00 and pay to have it installed for 500.00 even though there is a line item in my invoice for the factory 5WP kit that I am still paying for.

Sounds like a dealer issue to me. Prob not honoring price protection and charging you the price level for when you made changes. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rlp450 said:

Your dealer is a lying piece of crap.  There is no other way to describe it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Every time I hear, "Ford is doing this." or "That's what we've been dealing with from Ford lately." I call BS.  I've heard the same crap from my dealer.  The dealer is screwing you.  

One thing I've also heard is that some dealers have changed the way commission works.  Since the volume of sales is lower, some dealers are now paying commission on the gross sale. If true, it would "make sense" as to why they want to sell it at a higher price so the dealer and sales person gets more $$$.  I think the change is ok, but if you have an agreed upon price don't throw Ford under the bus so you can lie your way to a few more bucks.  

13 hours ago, JeffSpencer said:

Private Cash Offer

Thanks. I wasn't figuring out the acronym.

I'd love to get a PCO in about 8-12 months from now. I'll be in the market for a replacement for my daily driver and the Maverick is a strong contender, as is the sonn to be released redesigned Ranger.

2 hours ago, jreddman said:

F350 Tremor 6.7 ordered 11-29, verified 11-30, crickets since. This may the wrong area to ask but does anyone know if they are scheduling SD this week

Yes, for the week of 7/18.  For future reference ice-capades posts the weekely scheduling info, usually on Friday, under the Production and Sales sub forum.

Edited by PineNut
Spelling
  • Like 2

FYI... my dealership has the following retail 2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab order showing on this morning's AM Preview Scheduling Report to be scheduled Thursday for production the week of July 18th. Attached are the WBDO Preview showing the vehicle specifications, the Vehicle Visibility Report showing the original order date (02/10/2022) and the AM Preview Scheduling Report.

WBDO Preview_Retail #R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-06-14_Redacted.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-02-10.jpg

AMPreviewReport_2022-06-14_2022MY_2022 Super Duty_R510_Redacted.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

2 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Thanks. I wasn't figuring out the acronym.

I'd love to get a PCO in about 8-12 months from now. I'll be in the market for a replacement for my daily driver and the Maverick is a strong contender, as is the sonn to be released redesigned Ranger.

That's assuming the PCO program still exists then! Ford does extensive market research and depending on the how long it takes for the commodity and supply chain issues to improve, Ford will adjust, reduce or eliminate any incentives that are deemed necessary to meet production and/or profit objectives.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kfford said:

Sure seems our stories match in many ways but I ordered same truck through small dealer in southwest Louisiana.  Took off same items and my dealer’s sales manager is telling me they have not heard about issues with MC seats.   Have been priority 2 and first in dealers line since early April.   ???

Looks like we’re in the same boat.? 

3 hours ago, rlp450 said:

It’s sad really!!!?

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... my dealership has the following retail 2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab order showing on this morning's AM Preview Scheduling Report to be scheduled Thursday for production the week of July 18th. Attached are the WBDO Preview showing the vehicle specifications, the Vehicle Visibility Report showing the original order date (02/10/2022) and the AM Preview Scheduling Report.

WBDO Preview_Retail #R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-06-14_Redacted.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-02-10.jpg

AMPreviewReport_2022-06-14_2022MY_2022 Super Duty_R510_Redacted.jpg

This is great info Ice…….but why is it always a lariat trim level. Is that all ford can build now a days. F450 on order since January and I don’t have half the options this truck has.  

1 hour ago, Hahnsolo said:

This is great info Ice…….but why is it always a lariat trim level. Is that all ford can build now a days. F450 on order since January and I don’t have half the options this truck has.  

With prices as they are nowadays and the features that many Super Duty customers require, it's often a better deal to spend a little more to upgrade to a Lariat trim and take advantage of the additional features. The F-450's have always had a longer OTD (Order to Delivery) timeframe compared to the F-350's and made worse the past year due to commodity, plant and supplier constraints specific to the F-450's.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

With prices as they are nowadays and the features that many Super Duty customers require, it's often a better deal to spend a little more to upgrade to a Lariat trim and take advantage of the additional features. The F-450's have always had a longer OTD (Order to Delivery) timeframe compared to the F-350's and made worse the past year due to commodity, plant and supplier constraints specific to the F-450's.  

Have you heard what the part constraints are on the F450? I have a platinum on order but I did not get a moon roof or adaptive steering or bedliner. Only extras are upfitter switches, floor mats and star white paint. 

According to the Long McArthur pod cast last week, There are not a lot of constraints on Lariats.  What were supposedly issues, I have none of them on mine (6.7, 6.2, Moon roof).  I'm thinking if I don't get picked for scheduling in the next couple of weeks, it's a dealer thing.  

On 6/12/2022 at 9:03 PM, ice-capades said:

Without going back through all the Ford notices, this is a matter that should have been addressed with the Dealer long ago. If the deadline was missed, the Dealer should have immediately contacted their Ford Zone Manager for assistance. There's no excuse for the Dealer not getting the order COVP verified long ago. 

Yeah I’ve talked to everyone but the owner at this point and all I get is we don’t know. Hopefully it’ll get built. Claiming the covp program didn’t exist when I ordered. Which unknown is bs. I’m calling the owner tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Hahnsolo said:

Have you heard what the part constraints are on the F450? I have a platinum on order but I did not get a moon roof or adaptive steering or bedliner. Only extras are upfitter switches, floor mats and star white paint. 

These were the scheduling notes going back to November 2021.

2022 SUPER DUTY

No Availability:

• Active Steering (60A) optional on Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum; standard on Limited
  • 19.5" Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) Std on all F450 series, incld STX Pkg (17S)
  • Fifth Wheel - fleetmaster (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Spray in bedliner (85S)
  • Strobe Light (91S, 91G)
  • DRW Boxes (Body Codes ending in C, D, G, H) all F350 DRW/F450 series
  • Lariat Sport Appearance Package (17K) optional on SRW
  • NARROW CHASSIS*
    • *Narrow Chassis applies to any Super Duty body code that ends in E, F, G, H, K, L

Best Availability:

• F250 and F350 SRW without any options listed above
Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, Rockfj40 said:

Yeah I’ve talked to everyone but the owner at this point and all I get is we don’t know. Hopefully it’ll get built. Claiming the covp program didn’t exist when I ordered. Which unknown is bs. I’m calling the owner tomorrow. 

The COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) was announced on June 8, 2021. Attached is a copy of the announcement to Dealers. 

Ford_EFC09208_Ford Customer Order Verification for Priority Scheduling_Redacted.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) was announced on June 8, 2021. Attached is a copy of the announcement to Dealers. 

Ford_EFC09208_Ford Customer Order Verification for Priority Scheduling_Redacted.pdf

I understand that Ford feels the dealers should be doing all the things discussed but fact is that many are not and it is mind boggling to think the answer from Ford is “ talk to your dealer”.   I have personally talked to sales manager and both owners on many occasions since placing my order in Nov.   There should be other methods to get attention placed on these old orders like having zone manager or other Ford employee review them and determining that all is in place or that there is some other issue