2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

11 hours ago, No-Communication548 said:

Is there some issue with shipping going on at the moment? The truck I ordered was built 3 weeks ago but the tracker still shows that it hasn't shipped yet.

11 weeks since built. Delay after delay after delay....you get the point. Waiting for the next shipping bump email any day now.

Well just checked the tracking site and my truck finally shows in production and the Build Sticker has even been posted! Crazy to think that its actually happening! Now it will be interesting to see how long it takes to ship to WA!!!! One step closer

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

Well just checked the tracking site and my truck finally shows in production and the Build Sticker has even been posted! Crazy to think that its actually happening! Now it will be interesting to see how long it takes to ship to WA!!!! One step closer

Where are you at in Wa.?   I’m in Central WA.  Wenatchee area.  Pat Armstrong Ford is my dealer. 

1 hour ago, DaveMows said:

Mine took right at 30 days to get to Spokane. The rail car had issues which delayed it 5-6 days. My other build which a cancelled is going via convoy to Kirkland Ford. It’s being built this week. 

1 hour ago, DaveMows said:

To give you a perspective on how long the delivery takes, well mine was shipped on 4/29/22, and it just arrived to the Dealer in Chico, Ca yesterday 6/13/22.

44 minutes ago, 1972Mach1 said:

Mine took right at 30 days to get to Spokane. The rail car had issues which delayed it 5-6 days. My other build which a cancelled is going via convoy to Kirkland Ford. It’s being built this week. 

It shows its being shipped via Convoy also.

22 hours ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... my dealership has the following retail 2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab order showing on this morning's AM Preview Scheduling Report to be scheduled Thursday for production the week of July 18th. Attached are the WBDO Preview showing the vehicle specifications, the Vehicle Visibility Report showing the original order date (02/10/2022) and the AM Preview Scheduling Report.

WBDO Preview_Retail #R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-06-14_Redacted.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_R510_2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab_2022-02-10.jpg

AMPreviewReport_2022-06-14_2022MY_2022 Super Duty_R510_Redacted.jpg

Chaps my Ass seeing this.  Ordered 0n 1/31 Same Vehicle but have since removed a lot of items this truck is being built with. F350 Super Cab DRW Star White.  The only item I kept was 5th wheel prep.  I would like someone at Ford explain to me how someone in the queue with a less appointed build gets bumped.  I like others on here are severely frustrated on how this is all being handled.  Sorry for the vent but I can't seem to get answers from anyone.

Edited by CGrabb
miss spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, kfford said:

I understand that Ford feels the dealers should be doing all the things discussed but fact is that many are not and it is mind boggling to think the answer from Ford is “ talk to your dealer”.   I have personally talked to sales manager and both owners on many occasions since placing my order in Nov.   There should be other methods to get attention placed on these old orders like having zone manager or other Ford employee review them and determining that all is in place or that there is some other issue

This may sound weird, but.....

We are not buying our truck from Ford. We are buying our truck, built by Ford, from the independent dealer. The dealer is not Ford. They are a separate business licensed by Ford to sell Fords. 

This is not different from the commercial hardware world I work in. If you buy a Yale or Best or Kwikset lock from someone and have a problem with the order or the lock, you don't call the manufacturer, you call where you bought it. It is their job as the distributor to handle all the issues and questions. Some do this well some...not so well.

Dealerships are basically contracted to act as the public interface between Ford and the consumer. Ford makes it. The dealer buys it. The dealer resells it. The consumer buys it. This is the distribution business model. Increasingly it seems people don't know about or understand it.

Ford does not and cannot tell a dealer how to operate their business. They can apply some leverage if they have to, but at the end of the day, Ford is not actually selling you that truck. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, CGrabb said:

Chaps my Ass seeing this.  Ordered 0n 1/31 Same Vehicle but have since removed a lot of items this truck is being built with. F350 Super Cab DRW Star White.  The only item I kept was 5th wheel prep.  I would like someone at Ford explain to me how someone in the queue with a less appointed build gets bumped.  I like others on here are severely frustrated on how this is all being handled.  Sorry for the vent but I can't seem to get answers from anyone.

Somewhere in this thread are some of the criteria that goes into production scheduling. I know it doesn’t ease the pain any.

28 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

This may sound weird, but.....

We are not buying our truck from Ford. We are buying our truck, built by Ford, from the independent dealer. The dealer is not Ford. They are a separate business licensed by Ford to sell Fords. 

This is not different from the commercial hardware world I work in. If you buy a Yale or Best or Kwikset lock from someone and have a problem with the order or the lock, you don't call the manufacturer, you call where you bought it. It is their job as the distributor to handle all the issues and questions. Some do this well some...not so well.

Dealerships are basically contracted to act as the public interface between Ford and the consumer. Ford makes it. The dealer buys it. The dealer resells it. The consumer buys it. This is the distribution business model. Increasingly it seems people don't know about or understand it.

Ford does not and cannot tell a dealer how to operate their business. They can apply some leverage if they have to, but at the end of the day, Ford is not actually selling you that truck. 

Here’s a link to an article that also explains this relationship. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.carprousa.com/blog/understanding-car-dealers-vs.-automakers%3Fhs_amp%3Dtrue

Also remember the dealer controls the priority not Ford and that this system was created for 99% stock orders.

They tried to do it differently with Bronco - you reserve online and that determines your place in the build queue and dealer allocation and priority are not involved.  But parts availability put a monkey wrench in that plan along with uneven dealer sales.

Ford needs dealers so it’s a fine line they have to walk, but I expect going forward we’ll see more of a first in first out order system where the price is fixed and you just pick your local dealer to do the delivery and paperwork.  

What you have today are dealers with high prices and low order volume and some like Grainger with high volume and dirt cheap pricing.  This model should even it out so that dealers have a more even distribution of sales since pricing is the same.  So the low volume dealer gets more sales at a slightly lower avg price (no ADMs) and the lowball dealers get fewer sales but far more profit per sale.  Theoretically everyone should be happy, but we know that won’t be the case.

1 hour ago, CGrabb said:

Looks like that was a Priority 2 order. That can explain some of the speed.

Edited by lcseds
Spelling
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

Yeah I’ve talked to everyone but the owner at this point and all I get is we don’t know. Hopefully it’ll get built. Claiming the covp program didn’t exist when I ordered. Which unknown is bs. I’m calling the owner tomorrow. 

Well talked with owner and manager today. All I got was sorry and delete three things and pay $3,000 more for a truck with $2,000 less options. Super fantastic!!! Not an idiot.  It gonna eliminate and pay more. ??

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s quite obvious.

I think what he means is, historically is this a good or bad thing? I.e. it’s “good” because it is delayed because they are scheduling more vehicles than had initially anticipated or for more productions week than initially anticipated?

Or bad for whatever other reason. Or “no idea!” Is always a valid answer. Apologies for grasping at anything. After 6 months and no movement whatsoever, some of us will understandably start to get antsy. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

I think what he means is, historically is this a good or bad thing? I.e. it’s “good” because it is delayed because they are scheduling more vehicles than had initially anticipated or for more productions week than initially anticipated?

Or bad for whatever other reason. Or “no idea!” Is always a valid answer. Apologies for grasping at anything. After 6 months and no movement whatsoever, some of us will understandably start to get antsy. 

It means the scheduling was delayed a few hours.  Nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hahnsolo said:

I get that it is postponed until 4pm. I ask the question as why they would postpone the scheduling that’s all. 

Problems with the scheduling system.

Problems interfacing with suppliers computer system.

A shipping container fell off a ship in the middle of the ocean.

A supplier's building caught fire.

Joe lost his password and can't access it to find out why the failed job isn't working.

Seriously, there are 1000's of reasons it could be delayed, and none of us here have a clue.  Geez.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Problems with the scheduling system.

Problems interfacing with suppliers computer system.

A shipping container fell off a ship in the middle of the ocean.

A supplier's building caught fire.

Joe lost his password and can't access it to find out why the failed job isn't working.

Seriously, there are 1000's of reasons it could be delayed, and none of us here have a clue.  Geez.

Alright! I guess I’ll stop asking questions here. Everyone is here to seek information and help and ask questions but thanks for the sarcastic help guys. Wish everyone the best of luck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hahnsolo said:

Alright! I guess I’ll stop asking questions here. Everyone is here to seek information and help and ask questions but thanks for the sarcastic help guys. Wish everyone the best of luck. 

Sorry but too many people overreact to every little bit of news.

• Like 2