2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

15 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I went to my dealer today and found out I have a huge constraint he doesn’t have any allocation for last month, this month and probably next. I picked the wrong dealer should’ve went with a large volume dealer or at least did my homework and researched allocations.

As has been discussed many times on this forum, if your dealer submitted your order correctly as a retail order, the dealer receives incremental allocations. Provided your dealer has submitted your order correctly, they don't require any allocations for your truck to be scheduled. Lack of allocations is not a constraint.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, jreddman said:

F350 Tremor 6.7 ordered 11-29, verified 11-30, crickets since. This may the wrong area to ask but does anyone know if they are scheduling SD this week

F250 KRU, 6.7, Tremor.   Ordered 11/15.  After months of production start push outs, I checked today and it shows as in production.   I even got a window sticker!

The window sticker shows the $310 credit for the MCS.  

I'm putting the over/under at the truck hitting my dealership in NH at September 15th.  

1 hour ago, F450 said:

Iam Betting no truck before 1 year anniversary from confirmed order

?

That would be absolutely pathetic on Fords part considering how fast (or at least less than 6months)others are getting trucks.  

I hope your wrong.  

I got scheduled for 7/25 as well.  Surprised to say the least although it seemed like a lot of lariats were being built.  My Sept/Oct guesstament wasn't too far off.  I'm still in no hurry and expect to be delayed which is no big deal for me.  We'll see if I hear anything from my dealer...   

4 hours ago, Nutz said:

No scheduled emails for me, ordered 12/6/2021. I am #1 in my dealers list as of last week. Patiently waiting…. It has not stopped me from shopping however. UT_Grandpa, take a look at https://renegadecovers.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

for a hard tonneau cover. So far it is number one on my list.

That is the cover I am looking at.  A good friend of mine got his installed a month or so ago and loves it.  The picture with a man on a horse/mule is his nephew.  A bit pricey but very well made.  As I said in my earlier post, I didn't expect a truck schedule until August but it popped two months early.  I did another only build and the paint color I ordered only shows up as a two tome now.  Not sure what I will get.

I have a bed rug on my 1999 Dodge Ram Cummins long bed and I have really loved it.  It is a bit less expensive than a spray on line but would not hold up to a load of gravel like a spray liner.  The nice thing about the bed rug is that is has a foam backing and is a lot easier on the knees.  Good luck on your wait, for sure you will get a build date before December 21 when they shutoff building 2022s.

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

As has been discussed many times on this forum, if your dealer submitted your order correctly as a retail order, the dealer receives incremental allocations. Provided your dealer has submitted your order correctly, they don't require any allocations for your truck to be scheduled. Lack of allocations is not a constraint.

Spot on. I'm amazed at how many people still refuse to believe this simple reality. Well said. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blackhawk23 said:

I have pretty much lost faith. Ordered 12/23. 350, Lariat ultimate, BAP, 5WP. So half of the options you have, nothing. Supposedly priority 2 as well. I am about to raise hell at my dealership.

Post hell raised: salesman called me and said he talked to their GM and they reached out to the regional rep to get in touch with me and to be on the lookout for a call. They also confirmed I am priority code 2. We will see if they are blowing smoke. I wouldn’t imagine they’d tell me to BOLO for a call that was never to come. Seems counter productive. 

• Like 1

It’s hard to imagine a more confusing process than Ford’s decision to go all “retail order” without the dealers having an input regarding the process. Ford says “talk to your dealer” while my dealer says “it’s up to Ford, there’s nothing I can do”! To me it sounds like a poorly planned policy implementation regardless of extenuating circumstances like Covid, supply chain issues, etc. 

Order: 9/13/21

Confirm: 9/14/21

Now in “Production Scheduling” for the last three weeks. I can almost smell that new truck smell. 

F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate with everything but BAP & AS. 

20 minutes ago, Drag n' Fly said:

It’s hard to imagine a more confusing process than Ford’s decision to go all “retail order” without the dealers having an input regarding the process. Ford says “talk to your dealer” while my dealer says “it’s up to Ford, there’s nothing I can do”! To me it sounds like a poorly planned policy implementation regardless of extenuating circumstances like Covid, supply chain issues, etc. 

Now in “Production Scheduling” for the last three weeks. I can almost smell that new truck smell. 

You tell dealer what you want, the dealer places an order for that spec truck, Ford builds it and sends it to the dealer. What you and the dealer decide on for the price is between you and the dealer. You are the dealers customer and the dealer is Fords customer. How is that confusing?

The problem as it currently stands, Ford is not able to build the amount of trucks on order because of parts constraints. Dealers with 100 trucks ahead of yours has nothing to do with plant capacity or dealer allocation. Ford has the capacity to build 8500 trucks a week IF there is not a pandemic forcing shut downs, and IF they can source the parts. If parts were available, dealer order banks would remain close to zero and trucks would be getting delivered in 6-8 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Without supply chain issues orders would be built within 6-8 weeks.  They’ve already done this with Mach-E and Bronco.  They need improvements on the process but the basics are already in place.  

• Like 1

Well I've reached the 10 month point since my order was confirmed for my F350 limited.

Received the "certain options can lengthen the time" email on March 18th. Never heard anything form my dealer on the seat issue.

Went into the dealer once and got the run around from a sales person when I requested to talk with the GM to get details on allocation, etc...

I won't be ordering from them again that's for sure.

1 hour ago, sosptuba said:

Well I've reached the 10 month point since my order was confirmed for my F350 limited.

Received the "certain options can lengthen the time" email on March 18th. Never heard anything form my dealer on the seat issue.

Went into the dealer once and got the run around from a sales person when I requested to talk with the GM to get details on allocation, etc...

I won't be ordering from them again that's for sure.

Unfortunately, there are very few Dealers that are pro-active when it comes to anticipating a retail order customer's needs or requirements when it comes to communication, updates, etc. Traditionally, retail orders comprised only a very small part of a Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and the OTD (Order to Delivery) time averaged 6-8 weeks. The Dealer would submit the order and have little if any contact with the customer until the vehicle arrived at the dealership. And the average customer would rarely contact the dealership for updates. 

I never accepted that business model and often met with customers to answer any questions that had regarding vehicle specifications and offer suggestions. For 35 years, I managed my dealership's USOB and submitted every Stock, Retail and Fleet order. Every customer knew that they were welcome to contact me at any time should they have questions, etc. And every morning, I prepared a Vehicle Visibility report for every Retail and Fleet order that was distributed to every sales representative, sales manager, general manager and business manager so that they all had the latest status information for every retail and fleet order.

Since the initial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the market has changed dramatically, and retail orders now comprise 50% or more of a Dealer's USOB. In addition, there's the tremendous impact of commodity constraints, supplier issues, plant constraints, transportation delays, etc. Unfortunately, very few dealerships have qualified staff to properly manage their USOB's, bother to take the time or are simply incompetent. It starts with proper assignment of priority codes, attaching the customer's e-mail address to the order and registering the order with the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) so that the order qualifies for priority scheduling and incremental allocation. The Dealer needs to continuously monitor order priority codes and adjust them when necessary or appropriate, and request that the Ford regional office assign 01 or 02 priority codes when appropriate. 

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which provides that latest order status, the complete order history, and every scheduling, production and transportation status update through delivery to the dealership. In addition, the AM Preview Scheduling Report provides information on orders selected to be scheduled and commodity restraint information for orders not selected for scheduling that week. Representatives at Ford's Central Field Scheduling offices also send out e-mails with commodity restraint information each week. 

The whole process is more complex and time consuming in today's market conditions but it's the Dealer's responsibility to manage their business ethically and professionally in providing accurate, truthful and timely information to provide customers with the service that will ensure their customers' satisfaction.

Ford's been making changes on option and feature availability on a lot of models and when they do so, the notices are prominently posted on the FMCDealer.com portal site. As such, there's no excuse for a Dealer pleading ignorance.

Many dealerships are operating with fewer sales representatives these days and most of these representatives are not familiar with the retail order process and are not aware of, or have access to, the resources that are available. Retail order customers should never hesitate to contact the sales manager directly and let them know what information they require and expect. Ford's e-mail notifications to customers are not always sent out on a timely basis and may not contain the most recent or accurate information. 

Retail customers should have complete documentation for their order, including vehicle specifications and pricing and have a Buyer's Order, signed by both parties, specifying the complete terms. In addition, the customer should know what their priority code is, how many order are ahead of them at the dealership, etc. Too many Dealers tell customers what they think they want to hear, plead ignorance, or simply lie. Don't accept excuses, incomplete or inaccurate information!    

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Your 2022 SuperDuty F-350 Platinum has been "Built" and is currently awaiting shipment.

timeline-awaiting-shipment.jpg

Built

Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.

Ford Accessories 
  • Order Confirmed 10/12/2021, Step 1 of 5 , Completed

Order Confirmed10/12/2021  

• In Production 06/17/2022, Step 2 of 5 , Completed

In Production06/17/2022  

• Built 06/17/2022, Step 3 of 5 , In Progress

Built06/17/2022  

• Shipped Step 4 of 5

Shipped 

• Final Preparation TBD, Step 5 of 5

Final Preparation 

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 10/12/2021
Order Number 7576

Good Morning, 
8 months and 5 days from order. Looks like I should have by the end of July. I have not seen a platinum dually built in awhile. Maybe this will give others some hope. 

Edited by BIGBLKDRW
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, yorid said:

Were you able to keep the Multi Contour seats?

No, I had my fingers crossed but they deleted them. I seemingly got everything else that is on the list of issues. After 10 bumps in production date, I feel pretty luck that this one stuck. I have been conditioned to cringe every time i see an email from ford.  

3 hours ago, BIGBLKDRW said:

Your 2022 SuperDuty F-350 Platinum has been "Built" and is currently awaiting shipment.

Built

Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week.

A few days to a week??  Who are they trying to kid??

congrats on your build.  May you soon experience that new truck smell !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGBLKDRW said:

Built

Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.

Ford Accessories 
  • Order Confirmed 10/12/2021, Step 1 of 5 , Completed

Order Confirmed10/12/2021  

• In Production 06/17/2022, Step 2 of 5 , Completed

In Production06/17/2022  

• Built 06/17/2022, Step 3 of 5 , In Progress

Built06/17/2022  

• Shipped Step 4 of 5

Shipped 

• Final Preparation TBD, Step 5 of 5

Final Preparation 

Vehicle Details

Ordered On 10/12/2021
Order Number 7576

Good Morning, 
8 months and 5 days from order. Looks like I should have by the end of July. I have not seen a platinum dually built in awhile. Maybe this will give others some hope. 

"I have not seen a platinum dually built in awhile."

Ford is saving the best ones for last. 

5 hours ago, Mister Bill said:

"I have not seen a platinum dually built in awhile."

Ford is saving the best ones for last. 

The new ones going into production are being built within a day or so because they no longer have to wait on the multi contour seat modules.  Those of us with platinums built in May are still waiting for that coveted built email.  

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:29 PM, LabCrazy said:

F250 KRU, 6.7, Tremor.   Ordered 11/15.  After months of production start push outs, I checked today and it shows as in production.   I even got a window sticker!

The window sticker shows the $310 credit for the MCS.  

I'm putting the over/under at the truck hitting my dealership in NH at September 15th.  

You’ll have it quicker than that!  Mine was 13 days from built to arrival at dealer (10 days from shipped to delivered).  Good luck and congratulations on your soon to be new truck!

Edited by NH_Bulldog