2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

42 minutes ago, akirby said:

The seat delete has been discussed in detail - go back a few pages or do a search.  

X plan would save about $3k give or take but the dealer has to agree to accept it - it’s 100% voluntary.

10-4 Ill check it out, and sounds good, that's kinda what I had figured, he did say they usually accepts the X-plan. Been very pleased with this dealer. Do you happen to have any input on how accurate the build dates have been recently? I can take a look I just haven't been on in awhile and I wasn't sure if you might have an immediate opinion on it? Thank you sir!

40 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Hey everyone! Been awhile since I've been on here been pretty quiet from Ford, and without the amazing Cyberdman, I've been sitting in radio silence hoping for good news for the past few months. Sometime early last week I got an email from my salesperson that stated Ford was showing the Multi-Contour Seats as a high commodity option. For those of you that may not know, those are the massaging seats, very cool option and one I was excited to have. I told my salesperson to leave it on there and I would continue to wait even if it took longer. A couple days after that communication with my salesperson, Thursday evening, I got the email that I was scheduled for build on July 25th! Now, although I was on cloud 9, I was a little bit skeptical, because I had not removed the multi-contour seats and they had just said those would not be scheduled. Friday morning, I called my salesperson to confirm if the truck was scheduled with the massage seats and he noted that he never took them off (which I do believe) but was surprised to see that Ford had automatically removed the option themselves. I was originally extremely frustrated, as my understanding was that removing the seats was an option and would just cause you to wait longer, however it seems to me like Ford is no longer doing the multi-contour for the rest of the 22MY orders. In addition, I am only getting a $300 credit? That seems extremely low, that option MUST cost more than $300. I am going to attempt to negotiate to get a little bit more out of my dealer when the truck arrives, but I think that a $300 credit for an option that I think is a key part of the higher trim levels is a little bit of a slap in the face. Especially considering these wait times (I ordered Feb 9 which I know isn't as long as some but still). In hindsight, I have become less frustrated with not having them as I have heard from people that the normal seats are actually more comfortable just to sit in, and that people don't use the massaging feature all that often. I am still frustrated with how the whole thing was handled on Ford's end, not with my direct salesperson, but the higher person handling these things. Just seems like it could have been better. In any case, I am still very much excited to get my hands on this thing, my guess is that if it is built July 25th, I figure a month for shipping, and I have it by end of August. I'm curious if the build dates are still getting bumped back like they were 4 months ago, or if peoples original build dates are starting to be more accurate? Also found out the company that I have started with has X-plan, does anyone know what kind of discounts can be expected with this? My salesperson wasn't too sure, and I understand it likely varies from company to company, just trying to find a ball-park estimate. Thank you!

Hi Alex. X-Plan and X-Plan Partner Company pricing is based off Dealer Invoice price (see below), and does not vary from company to company.

Here is the basic X-Plan pricing breakdown:

Ford Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*
Lincoln Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*

*The Administration Fee is $275. Then, the Dealer can also add a "Documentation Fee" of up to $100.

And here is the X-Plan Partner website, which contains an Overview, X-Plan rules, FAQ's etc: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#faq26

And as akirby stated, Dealership acceptance of X-Plan sales is strictly voluntary, so be sure to ask your chosen Dealership if they will accept an X-Plan sale for your order.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

As I write this post, I am still scheduled for production the week of 27 June, next week.  (However, I still dread a late email pushing me back, again.)  I understand that the window sticker should be viewable between 1 to 7 days prior to production, but my window sticker still has not populated.  I am leaving for international business travel tomorrow and will be gone for 4 weeks.  If the truck gets built and delivery beats my expectation, it could arrive before I return. My dealer says they will not sell my truck out from under me if they have to hold it for some time until my return.  Needless to say, I’m getting a little anxious something will not go well. What timeframe are others seeing as far as window sticker availability?

20 minutes ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

As I write this post, I am still scheduled for production the week of 27 June, next week.  (However, I still dread a late email pushing me back, again.)  I understand that the window sticker should be viewable between 1 to 7 days prior to production, but my window sticker still has not populated.  I am leaving for international business travel tomorrow and will be gone for 4 weeks.  If the truck gets built and delivery beats my expectation, it could arrive before I return. My dealer says they will not sell my truck out from under me if they have to hold it for some time until my return.  Needless to say, I’m getting a little anxious something will not go well. What timeframe are others seeing as far as window sticker availability?

My last 2 trucks the sticker hasnt been viewable until it was IN production 

• Like 1

I received my built email this morning for 06/21/2022, with a delivery estimate of 07/15/2022, to 07/21/2022. Timeline as follows:

01/24/2022, Ordered F250 SCSB XL STX FX4 7.3 3.55 Antimatter Blue

01/25/2022, Confirmation Email Received Verified Priority 10 (Unscheduled Clean)

03/19/2022, Delay Email Received

05/08/2022, Moved to Priority 02 (Unscheduled Clean)

05/12/2022, Scheduled for Production week of 06/20/2022.

06/14/2022, In Production on Tracker, Window Sticker available

06/20/2022, In Production Date Appears on Tracker

06/22/2022, Built email received at 02:41 AM stating truck completed 06/21/2022.

Edited by Danover321
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

I am leaving for international business travel tomorrow and will be gone for 4 weeks.  If the truck gets built and delivery beats my expectation, it could arrive before I return.

I would bet you have nothing to worry about there.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, akirby said:

You mean they didn’t take your deposit then sell the vehicle to someone else, then offer you a replacement at a discount then try to add $1400 in worthless add ons like nitrogen and glass etching and paint protection like Angela Krause Lincoln In Alpharetta?

They sure didnt. At least not yet. We did get pricing from Angela Krause when we started out but didn't get a good feeling from them.  I hate that happened to you. What a bummer. 

59 minutes ago, colecoop56 said:

They sure didnt. At least not yet. We did get pricing from Angela Krause when we started out but didn't get a good feeling from them.  I hate that happened to you. What a bummer. 

I just said I’m not paying for any of that crap and they took it off.  Ended up paying $4k below MSRP and got what we wanted, so in the end no harm no foul.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danover321 said:

I received my built email this morning for 06/21/2022, with a delivery estimate of 07/15/2022, to 07/21/2022. Timeline as follows:

01/24/2022, Ordered F250 SCSB XL STX FX4 7.3 3.55 Antimatter Blue

01/25/2022, Confirmation Email Received Verified Priority 10 (Unscheduled Clean)

03/19/2022, Delay Email Received

05/08/2022, Moved to Priority 02 (Unscheduled Clean)

05/12/2022, Scheduled for Production week of 06/20/2022.

06/14/2022, In Production on Tracker, Window Sticker available

06/20/2022, In Production Date Appears on Tracker

06/22/2022, Built email 02:41 AM

Very helpful to this this timeline.  I'm in the middle of a similar situation.  I am scheduled for 6/27/22 but this morning (today is 6/22/22) my status went to "In Production" and I am able to view my window sticker.  The In Production date does not appear on Tracker yet though so I assume that will happen next week on 6/27.

16 hours ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

I am also scheduled for the week of the 27th. My window sticker became available this morning.  This is my first scheduled week and I have not been bumped back, yet.

42 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I am also scheduled for the week of the 27th. Can I look for my window sticker someplace or is it in an email only?

I fear the dread pushed back email as well. 

With your VIN and order number, you can get the window sticker from the Ford tracking site. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

Edited by pdough
Typo

44 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I am also scheduled for the week of the 27th. Can I look for my window sticker someplace or is it in an email only?

I fear the dread pushed back email as well. 

My window sticker showed up here about a day before it showed up on the order tracker page.  Try putting your VIN at the end and see what happens.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=YOURVINHERE

2 hours ago, rubriv said:

Very helpful to this this timeline.  I'm in the middle of a similar situation.  I am scheduled for 6/27/22 but this morning (today is 6/22/22) my status went to "In Production" and I am able to view my window sticker.  The In Production date does not appear on Tracker yet though so I assume that will happen next week on 6/27.

The actual production day for your schedule week is available via the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR). Your In-Production date will appear on the tracker the day your truck moves from paint to the trim line.  Typically, a truck takes approximately 3 days to move from body shop, paint, trim, chassis, and final inside the plant.   

Edited by Danover321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danover321 said:

The actual production day for your schedule week is available via the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR). Your In-Production date will appear on the tracker the day your truck moves from paint to the trim line.  Typically, a truck takes approximately 3 days to move from body shop, paint, trim, chassis, and final inside the plant.   

Cool, thx for the info!

Dealer just called with an update on my hold issue.  It is the PM sensor.  It was built within the timeframe that it will only operate at 35mph and is being held until July 15 before earliest possible release.  It’s BS but at least now I know.  That will put it in “shipping” status over 2 months.  What a deal

1 hour ago, Boss Hog said:

Dealer just called with an update on my hold issue.  It is the PM sensor.  It was built within the timeframe that it will only operate at 35mph and is being held until July 15 before earliest possible release.  It’s BS but at least now I know.  That will put it in “shipping” status over 2 months.  What a deal

What was your production date?

1 hour ago, Boss Hog said:

Isn’t that just a software update? They built the truck with the PM sensor, but programmed the computer for a sensor-less truck. Wonder why it’s taking so long. That’s weird. 

2 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

I’m guessing that’s my issue as well. Built 5/5 based on the modules. Dealer still saying rail delay but I seem to be sending him more info than he can get, lol. 

53 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

Isn’t that just a software update? They built the truck with the PM sensor, but programmed the computer for a sensor-less truck. Wonder why it’s taking so long. That’s weird. 

You would think they’d have the old software saved somewhere in case something like this happened. Bulletin says fix will be provided by 7/15.  Good thing my PCO expires on 7/5 so they can try to screw me out of it. 

658B858D-8827-4194-B7BF-D08FE9255140.thumb.jpeg.b1afffcdd28ccbf276a4ba78d40fc5f1.jpeg

• Sad 1