2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I'm with you 100% and not surprised at what you're saying.  Was just referring to the other gentlemen who said he reached out to the regional rep.  That's what was surprising.  Maybe he had unique access to someone. 

Edited by danmeservey
Sorry, disregard. Quote not included properly. Operator error I'm sure.

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Stupid. There's no need or excuse to use duplicate order numbers. Orders can be differentiated by using alpha-numeric order numbers with a letter designation for the sales representative followed by different 3-digit numbers to identify individual orders. 

Our dealership used a spreadsheet that listed every retail and fleet order listed by order date, order number, customer name, sales representative, year and model, deposit amount and order status. The spreadsheet was updated daily as part of a management report showing all pending deals reviewed in a weekday morning (Monday - Friday) management meeting with all department heads at 9:00am. 

The order numbers were coded as follows.

• Retail = R001, R002, R003, etc.
  • Fleet = F001, F002, F003, etc.
    • H001, H002, H003, etc. (Fleet = Town of Hamden)
    • Y001, Y003, Y003, etc. (Yale University)
    • N001, N002, N003, etc. (Town of North Haven)

This made it very easy to identify the different order types and customers in the different Ford reports and the order numbers used were consecutive and never reused. Stock orders used only a 4-digit order number (1234) that could also be coded if necessary.   

My order # is the day and month I ordered my truck. 4 digits

On 6/24/2022 at 6:13 AM, ice-capades said:

Contact information for the Ford Zone Manager is never released. Issues and/or questions are submitted by the Dealer through phone or e-mail communications to the Ford Zone Manager or other regional office personnel, but in 35 years, I can't remember a time when a Ford representative had direct contact with a customer. Ford is very good at insulating its staff, to the point that Dealers often have to submit requests for assistance on a matter via online forms because no phone contact is allowed or available. 

The sales manager provided the regional representative contact information to me. I was inquiring what I might be able to do on my end to expedite my order and he suggested the regional rep may be able to help so he gave me his email.  I’ve been in touch with him on 2-3 occasions and he’s been very good to work with. 

Edited by Hammer Time

On 6/24/2022 at 7:28 AM, CGDonovan said:

No dealer I've ever purchased from would provide a firm trade-in value for a deal that was 6 months out.  The trade could have another 30,000 miles on it in that time frame.  I'm not overly concerned about the trade value, there are plenty of options for direct sale if the trade isn't great.

My dealer offered me $38,500 for my '17 F150 and said if you keep the miles near what it was at the time, the trade in offer would be honored. I don't daily the truck so it only has about 36-37K on it and since ordering the F250 I've put a couple hundred on it tops. Hopefully their true to their word.

He also said if I want to sell it to someone else they are fine with that too. In the end it's just dollars to them. 

Of course this was after a long talk about the business and my Father as he knew my Father and that my family owned a Ford dealership for 35+ years. I keep nda know how the business works.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjm73 said:

My dealer offered me $38,500 for my '17 F150 and said if you keep the miles near what it was at the time, the trade in offer would be honored. I don't daily the truck so it only has about 36-37K on it and since ordering the F250 I've put a couple hundred on it tops. Hopefully their true to their word.

He also said if I want to sell it to someone else they are fine with that too. In the end it's just dollars to them. 

Of course this was after a long talk about the business and my Father as he knew my Father and that my family owned a Ford dealership for 35+ years. I keep nda know how the business works.  

The past 2 trucks Ive had I always rushed to trade or sell because I thought the prices were going to drop out. Nothing has dropped in 2 years in fact theyve only increased in value. As long as the shortage stays. the prices will be the same.

• Like 1

Just picked up my F450 (See previous post) per some other questions, I dealt with Groves Ford in Cape Girardeau Missouri. Took eight months. They price protected me even with the price increase. Offered me $41k for a Chevy 1500 LTZ, as long as I kept mileage under 40k. I was at 35k. Managed it and they kept their word. All I can say was a long wait, tested my patience but dealership was awesome. Wife's Bronco next.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KonevTremor said:

How does one get a PCO? 

No one but Ford really knows the magic formula to get a PCO.  You have to get on Ford's radar as a potential buyer that is 'on the fence' and needs a little incentive.  Previous to getting mine I spent a lot of time in the online builder building trucks and saving them.  I received a PCO a week after I placed my order.  I also currently have a 7 year old F150.  Being a current Ford owner that's online building new trucks, maybe that did it.  All that said, I haven't heard on here that anyone has received PCOs lately.  The Superduty order bank is closed, the balance of the MY22 production is already sold and there is very little dealer inventory so they may not see the need to send out any more incentives.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:16 PM, King ranch 62 said:

You lucky bastard ??????at this point I would be happy just to get a scheduled email. 6 months and counting?

May I ask when you ordered, what dealership and where that is?   

Just had it out with my dealer as I’m 14 months out as of the 28th of this month on my F450 Platinum.

They told me I was priority 1-0, I asked if that was a 10, because I was a 2 and he said no a 1-0 is the highest level of priority. 

They told me they just aren’t building Higher level truck 

2 hours ago, Jfinn said:

May I ask when you ordered, what dealership and where that is?   

Just had it out with my dealer as I’m 14 months out as of the 28th of this month on my F450 Platinum.

They told me I was priority 1-0, I asked if that was a 10, because I was a 2 and he said no a 1-0 is the highest level of priority. 

They told me they just aren’t building Higher level truck 

WOW!  You have patients!  I’d be irate.  

I am almost 8 months out.  Called my dealers Gm and asked where I’m at as far as priority and I’m line as far as their dealership.  
I was priority 2 until I dropped 5WP.   Now I’m priority 11??‍♂️!    He said they should move it back to a 2 but I changed that over a month ago.    As far where I’m n line I’m at he just told me there are 3 duallys total including mine.   So who knows.   Your wait time really is really inexcusable.  I would be on the phone to whoever I could about this.   

Well I feel really lucky compared to some of the stories on here. We ordered a F350 Lariat with ultimate package, Black appearance, 5th wheel prep and a few more things on it. It was delivered to the dealer on June 11th. It's been sitting there since, with a do not sell on it due to Particulate matter sensor recall.  Apparently my truck has the sensor and the new software for a truck without it. I just received an update from the dealer that more trucks are affected by this, with a fix in early July. I know I asked a few pages back but does any have a realistic timeline for repair? The reason I'm asking is because we were hitting the road second week of July and was hoping to be in the new truck.  Thanks for the help

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 3.17.32 PM.png

Edited by 908mike

Long time observer, first time post. I have found this forum invaluable so wanted to share to  hopefully help other members with one additional data point. Order date: 2/28/22 (F350)

built: 5/10 (fast considering some of the wait times I’ve seen from other posts)

shipped/arrived at port by rail: 5/16 (according to ford marketing)

status since has been “delay/plant hold”. Delivery eta Moved from 5/26 to 6/17 to 7/16 and now the latest 7/20. I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t ship to dealer until software update for particulate sensor is available to dealers…just speculation but welcome others thoughts 

11 hours ago, Beefer 2176 said:

Just picked up my F450 (See previous post) per some other questions, I dealt with Groves Ford in Cape Girardeau Missouri. Took eight months. They price protected me even with the price increase. Offered me $41k for a Chevy 1500 LTZ, as long as I kept mileage under 40k. I was at 35k. Managed it and they kept their word. All I can say was a long wait, tested my patience but dealership was awesome. Wife's Bronco next.

Did they price protect you on the spot? Im being told that Ford will send me a check for the difference after the purchase paperwork is filed with Ford.

Not only did my dealer honor the price (both out the door and trade in) that was agreed on (eight months prior) when we made the deal, they found a personal discount code, $3000, that I did not know about and Ford did not send me an email for. Also did not have any deletions. Recieved a 2022 F450, fully loaded with massaging seats, adaptive cruise etc. Was extremely lucky, someone looking out for me. Can not say enough good about the dealer, Groves Ford, Cape Girardeau,  Missouri.

34 minutes ago, jhaber said:

Did they price protect you on the spot? Im being told that Ford will send me a check for the difference after the purchase paperwork is filed with Ford.

Wait... What? Price protection means you pay what you intended to pay when you ordered. Don't give the dealer more money because MSRP went up, hoping them to cut you a check for the delta. That sounds shady. If you're protected, make sure you bring the original order/pricing with you and pay that. I see no tangible reason for a dealer to charge you more only to give you some back. They'd lose money on that after factoring in labor for accounting... 

18 minutes ago, Beefer 2176 said:

Not only did my dealer honor the price (both out the door and trade in) that was agreed on (eight months prior) when we made the deal, they found a personal discount code, $3000, that I did not know about and Ford did not send me an email for. Also did not have any deletions. Recieved a 2022 F450, fully loaded with massaging seats, adaptive cruise etc. Was extremely lucky, someone looking out for me. Can not say enough good about the dealer, Groves Ford, Cape Girardeau,  Missouri.

How it should be! Crouse in Taneytown, MD played no games with me either and helped navigate all applicable discounts, including CPO, xplan, student discount, etc. 

Imagine if all dealers did the right thing. 

11 hours ago, jhaber said:

Ford price protection goes through the dealer.  No matter what the sticker price is the dealer's invoice price is locked in at order time.  Dealers honoring price protection normally charge you based on their original invoice while they wait for Ford to refund them difference.   Apparently some dealers will not (or cannot) "float" the difference and will send you a check after they get their check from Ford.  My advice is to push back.

I would not agree to them sending me a check unless it is in writing.   

44 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Ford price protection goes through the dealer.  No matter what the sticker price is the dealer's invoice price is locked in at order time.  Dealers honoring price protection normally charge you based on their original invoice while they wait for Ford to refund them difference.   Apparently some dealers will not (or cannot) "float" the difference and will send you a check after they get their check from Ford.  My advice is to push back.

I would not agree to them sending me a check unless it is in writing.   

thats what i thought. i have it "written" on my deal sheet so will see what happens i guess

30 minutes ago, KR450 said:

Was going to call ford cust care today because it is my 8 month anniversary from order date 

Got email at 3:42am saying it was built and delivery week 07/11 estimated!

Now the ship waiting process 

Baby steps 

is that your first email since ordering?

46 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

I just compared my window sticker MSRP to the printout from the day I ordered my truck and it's over $2000 higher. I know pricing went up but shouldn't it be what it was at time of order? 

This has been discussed at least a dozen times.  The window sticker and invoice always shows the current price.  The dealer has to apply for price protection back to the order date.