2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, Jfinn said:

Wow, Ford is unbelievable, so many trucks unbuilt and they shut down for 2 weeks!!!  

With that 2 week shutdown I’ll be at 15 months on my F450 Platinum order !!!!!!!!!!

Dealer says it has nothing to do with them and it’s all about Ford?  

Apparently Ford doesn’t  care about fulfilling all the unbuilt orders out there. 

I kinda thought along those line in respect to shutting down for two weeks.   Its union.  I’m sure fords hands are tied. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

I kinda thought along those line in respect to shutting down for two weeks.   Its union.  I’m sure fords hands are tied. 

Wish I could pull the trigger on a Ram 1 ton limited!! 

Only 5 months out according to dealer!  

Price in obnoxious, just over $105,000

2 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

This is when they do major maintenance and upgrades to the plant that can’t be done while it’s running. It’s got nothing to do with it being a union represented facility. These outages are planned way ahead of time and contractors have to be lined up.

Edited by elltee
Addition
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, elltee said:

This is when they do major maintenance and upgrades to the plant that can’t be done while it’s running. It’s got nothing to do with it being a union represented facility. These outages are planned way ahead of time and contractors have to be lined up.

Seems like major maintenance and upgrades would be performed when the plant retools for a new model year.  

As a former Ford employee of the Kansas City Assembly Plant, I can tell you every plant in the US has shut down the first two weeks of July since the 1982 contract; however, there have been exceptions over the years to the exact weeks plants shut down.  The shut down is for plant maintenance, but most importantly for vacation shutdown, as Ford does not practice a calendar leave program for non seniority employees.

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Dealer BS! All retail orders are automatically "Hot" listed for expedited delivery. That's exactly why retail orders are signified by the green Window Stickers and the "Special Order" tag. It's also possible that the vehicle is on a "Plant Hold" at the ramp which would be noted on the Vehicle Visibility Report.  

Did not know that on hot alert so I will let them know that I do now. All I’ve been told is it’s location is Mesquite, Tx, the shipper has it in possession and is delayed, Plant hold-stop ship due to the April 25-May 10 build period with PM Sensor calibration with a July 15 earliest release  

Edited by Boss Hog

On 7/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, Hammerdog said:

Ordered 3/30. 6/29 dealer said your truck is here. Picking up next week, carbonized grey, 7.3 Lariat, Sport appearance, moonroof, tow assist and a few other goodies. I bought it from a small town dealer. I will post pictures when I get it.

It almost seems like there pretty much building lariat’s lately.?

1 hour ago, pdough said:

I received the "Your F350 has shipped" email at 04:30 on 07/04/2022 (central time). Maybe there is hope they will be shipping through the shutdown.

The e-mail may not reflect the actual vehicle status. Your Dealer can confirm the latest reported status and vehicle location via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The e-mail may not reflect the actual vehicle status. Your Dealer can confirm the latest reported status and vehicle location via the Vehicle Visibility Report. 

I can attest to this.  My vehicle shows “Built”  on 6/29 on the tracker.  The VVR and the rail tracking show it was shipped on 6/26 (3 days earlier than it was even built according to the tracker).  

• Like 1

Looking for ANY insight as to why my built truck has not shipped yet. I'm at 98 days today after being built and released from the factory, clean, no holds etc. VVR shows only rail delay. Ford Customer Service has no idea, Dealer has no idea. On my 4th bump now. Next ''scheduled delivery week'' is 7/12-7/18. It should have already shipped to make those dates, which it hasnt. Looking for the 5th bump email any day now. It's always 30 days at a time. Seriously having doubts it will arrive this yr. 

While ford will deny it, rail delay seems to be the preferred way to tag trucks being held for something. Mine is currently on a stop shop for the 4/25-5/10 emissions issue with the 6.7 and vvr is showing it as rail delay. Tracker shows built with no checkmark and my eta to dealer is on the third guess. 

Edited by Malaney

On 7/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, tjm73 said:

I got the email this morning that my truck has been built!! Now the delivery wait begins .

SnapMarkup_20222301_082358.png

I got the email Friday AM that my truck shipped. WOOT WOOT!!!

Hope any delays are minimal in any. 

2 hours ago, Malaney said:

While ford will deny it, rail delay seems to be the preferred way to tag trucks being held for something. Mine is currently on a stop shop for the 4/25-5/10 emissions issue with the 6.7 and vvr is showing it as rail delay. Tracker shows built with no checkmark and my eta to dealer is on the third guess. 

What's the emissions issue with the 6.7?

While I would 100% agree with the statement of rail delay being their way of holding trucks for parts,programming etc, I'm not so sure that's the case with mine. I only say this because I had a plant employee reach out to me in early March about my build as to why it was in production so long. Turns out it was due to the wiper motor shortage. It was completed on 3/28, "shipped,released for shipping" on 3/29. I was sent two screenshots of the plants internal VVR that showed it was in fact released with no holds. Unfortunately my contact can't track the truck once it has been released to the shipper. Apparently the truck is lost at Shelbyville. Dealer VVR just says rail delay due to equipment failure etc. Anyone's guess at this point as to what the real reason is. I just need it to ship. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

What's the emissions issue with the 6.7?

As posted in the 2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information forum on 05/07/2022.

2022MY Super Duty - Product Change - Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of a product offering change on Super Duty

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford is implementing a change on all Super Duty trucks with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine. Beginning May 6, 2022, all Super Duty trucks built at Kentucky Truck Plant equipped with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine, including retail, fleet and stock orders will be produced without the Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor in the exhaust system. Beginning June 10, 2022, all Super Duty trucks built at Ohio Assembly Plant equipped with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine, including retail, fleet and stock orders will be produced without the Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor in the exhaust system.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The PM Sensor is used for On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) purposes only to detect and report changes in the emissions control performance and does not impact the emission level of the vehicle. Customers will be able to operate the vehicle normally without the PM Sensor. Super Duty trucks built without a PM sensor are certified for sale in the United States, including states that adhere to the California emissions standards, with a condition that a sensor be installed at no charge at a later date.

REPAIR PROCESS
Parts are projected to be available in Fall 2023; however, due to the uncertainty surrounding global supply constraints, this timing could be extended. Ford Motor Company will contact affected customers once the PM sensor becomes available, and installation will be completed at the customer’s local dealer at no additional cost to the customer.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a Super Duty built at Kentucky Truck Plant with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine built on or after May 6, 2022 must sign a PM Sensor customer acknowledgement form. Customers purchasing a Super Duty built at Ohio Assembly Plant with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine built on or after June 10, 2022 must sign a PM Sensor customer acknowledgement form.

• Like 1

As posted previously...

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

As posted in the 2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information forum on 05/07/2022.

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford is implementing a change on all Super Duty trucks with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine. Beginning May 6, 2022, all Super Duty trucks built at Kentucky Truck Plant equipped with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine, including retail, fleet and stock orders will be produced without the Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor in the exhaust system. Beginning June 10, 2022, all Super Duty trucks built at Ohio Assembly Plant equipped with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine, including retail, fleet and stock orders will be produced without the Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor in the exhaust system.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The PM Sensor is used for On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) purposes only to detect and report changes in the emissions control performance and does not impact the emission level of the vehicle. Customers will be able to operate the vehicle normally without the PM Sensor. Super Duty trucks built without a PM sensor are certified for sale in the United States, including states that adhere to the California emissions standards, with a condition that a sensor be installed at no charge at a later date.

REPAIR PROCESS
Parts are projected to be available in Fall 2023; however, due to the uncertainty surrounding global supply constraints, this timing could be extended. Ford Motor Company will contact affected customers once the PM sensor becomes available, and installation will be completed at the customer’s local dealer at no additional cost to the customer.

Customers purchasing a Super Duty built at Kentucky Truck Plant with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine built on or after May 6, 2022 must sign a PM Sensor customer acknowledgement form. Customers purchasing a Super Duty built at Ohio Assembly Plant with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke Diesel Engine built on or after June 10, 2022 must sign a PM Sensor customer acknowledgement form.

This is not an issue, putting the sensor in and programming it to not have the sensor is an issue. 

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

As posted previously...

Ford_Vehicle Visibility Delivery Status for Delays_2022-03-07_Delivery Milestones.jpg

Like I said, while ford may deny it………

Seem hard for even you Ice to deny the fact that a bunch of trucks with the PM sensor emissions issue are being held in various states of shipping and all  that I have made contact with show rail delay. Others have verified there is a stop ship on these trucks. Hard to explain a rail delay when trucks are being built and delivered to the same rail yard I’m headed to with no delay. 

36 minutes ago, Malaney said:

Like I said, while ford may deny it………

Seem hard for even you Ice to deny the fact that a bunch of trucks with the PM sensor emissions issue are being held in various states of shipping and all  that I have made contact with show rail delay. Others have verified there is a stop ship on these trucks. Hard to explain a rail delay when trucks are being built and delivered to the same rail yard I’m headed to with no delay. 

There are Super Duty's that have been shipped and are sitting at final rail ramps for a "Plant Hold". I'm not denying anything. I'm just reporting the information that I have access to that Ford has released. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

REPAIR PROCESS

When I picked up my truck on 14 June, I had to sign the form mentioned in this post.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2022 at 10:48 AM, posh said:

Don’t trust the emails and status. Mine was scheduled week of 20th of June. Built on 27th, and arrived at my dealer in Michigan on 30th. Picked it up on July 1st, and drove to Montana. Sweet ride!

This seems like an insanely fast turnaround for shipping, that's awesome!! Shipped to you in 4 days?! Where are you located in relation to the plant if you don't mind me asking? I got scheduled for the 25th, now bumped to Aug 8th, I'm assuming a month for shipping. I am in Virginia and I can only assume my truck will be built in Kentucky.