2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

24 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

This seems like an insanely fast turnaround for shipping, that's awesome!! Shipped to you in 4 days?! Where are you located in relation to the plant if you don't mind me asking? I got scheduled for the 25th, now bumped to Aug 8th, I'm assuming a month for shipping. I am in Virginia and I can only assume my truck will be built in Kentucky. 

Alex, I noticed from your tagline that you ordered the same truck as I did, pretty much.

Same color KR, ordered 1/28, in production and built both show 6/20, shipped 6/23.  Shows expected delivery 21-26 July. Got the rail car number TTGX702858 (union Pacific) but the status hasn't changed (loaded and released) since then.

The fact that your order was bumped until 8/28 is simply impossible to understand:(:(

23 minutes ago, dotsson said:

Alex, I noticed from your tagline that you ordered the same truck as I did, pretty much.

Same color KR, ordered 1/28, in production and built both show 6/20, shipped 6/23.  Shows expected delivery 21-26 July. Got the rail car number TTGX702858 (union Pacific) but the status hasn't changed (loaded and released) since then.

The fact that your order was bumped until 8/28 is simply impossible to understand:(:(

So that seems about right shipping wise as to what I was expecting as they gave you about a month. Hopefully that is accurate! and I was actually only bumped to the 8th, which is exactly two weeks from the first date I got. My best guess is that the Kentucky plant shut down for two weeks and I think that would account for that backup. Frustrating, but at least its bumped for a "real" reason as the plant isn't operating. I'd much rather be bumped and know that then be bumped for something I wouldn't know such as a product hold! Hopefully this date will stick though and maybe I'll have it end of August or early September. Can't wait to see yours come in, be sure to tag me when you get some pictures! If you didn't get the massage seats I'd be curious to know what you think about the regular seats. I've heard that the non-massaging seats are actually much more comfortable to just sit in. 

44 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

So that seems about right shipping wise as to what I was expecting as they gave you about a month. Hopefully that is accurate! and I was actually only bumped to the 8th, which is exactly two weeks from the first date I got. My best guess is that the Kentucky plant shut down for two weeks and I think that would account for that backup. Frustrating, but at least its bumped for a "real" reason as the plant isn't operating. I'd much rather be bumped and know that then be bumped for something I wouldn't know such as a product hold! Hopefully this date will stick though and maybe I'll have it end of August or early September. Can't wait to see yours come in, be sure to tag me when you get some pictures! If you didn't get the massage seats I'd be curious to know what you think about the regular seats. I've heard that the non-massaging seats are actually much more comfortable to just sit in. 

Will do for sure, with posting photos.  As to the massage feature, my 2016 and 2019 (still driving it) neither one had massaging seats, and I have no complaints whatsoever.  My wife had a F150 with that feature, and was never used, other than a novelty.

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

This seems like an insanely fast turnaround for shipping, that's awesome!! Shipped to you in 4 days?! Where are you located in relation to the plant if you don't mind me asking? I got scheduled for the 25th, now bumped to Aug 8th, I'm assuming a month for shipping. I am in Virginia and I can only assume my truck will be built in Kentucky. 

It’s around 300 miles from KTP to the closest point in Michigan

I'm glad I didn't order the diesel. I'm in the middle of a Western New York to OBX camping trip using my Father's 78,000 mile 2000 F350 dually diesel supercab and I can tell you I won't miss diesel on bit when my 7.3 gasser arrives. I don't think the diesel gets much if any better fuel economy towing as my last truck got (5.4 3V). It got about 8. The dually, high 9's maybe. I expect the 7.3 gasser to deliver the same-ish. 

Don't get me wrong, the dually tows amazing. So stable. The 7.3 diesel doesn't car about my travel trailer being behind it. But it's a noisy, rattling, smelly thing. I'm sure the 6.7 is unbelievable and paired with the 10 speed is amazing, but the break even for that upcharge will never happen under my ownership. Between that and pumping diesel from pumps that somehow are always filthy when I do find them and def....well...that can be a thing for someone else. 

If you are a diesel guy more power to ya. Just not for me. 

55 minutes ago, Forddaddy said:

Does anyone know if shipping continues for built trucks during the 2 week shutdown? As in those which were built before the shutdown and were ready to ship, not the ones that were already in transit. 

Not usually. The 2-week summer shutdown is often used to perform plant maintenance that couldn't be done at other times. It's possible that Ford may be shipping vehicles from certain plants due to the backlog, but Ford doesn't provide that information to Dealers. The only way to tell would be by looking at the Vehicle Visibility Report for a specific vehicle.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Not usually. The 2-week summer shutdown is often used to perform plant maintenance that couldn't be done at other times. It's possible that Ford may be shipping vehicles from certain plants due to the backlog, but Ford doesn't provide that information to Dealers. The only way to tell would be by looking at the Vehicle Visibility Report for a specific vehicle.  

I was scheduled with a build date of 6/27 (last week) and my truck went into production on July 1st (Thursday of last week) just before the shut-down.  This morning at 2:24am I received the "Built" email.  Tracker also updated to "Built" status and has a date of July 5th.  I talked to my dealer and they did confirm from the VVR that it was built last week but was sent off site to get the moon roof installed and also the 5th wheel prep.  I guess I should expect to not have any movement until the week of July 18th?  I hope sooner if Ford decides to do some shipping while the plant is down but setting my expectations.  I will let this thread know if I hear anything on shipping before the 18th.

image.thumb.png.7d9b3cfc85831fc33d60bc6d9c4db544.png

Can anyone make reasonable sense to my situation. First, I am currently driving a 2021 F150 that Ford is on the process of reacquiring. It's a real lemon.  March1  Ford entered an order for a F250 to replace this F150. Quoted 12 weeks. I have been in touch with the regional Ford rep, Executive team and RAV team. For some reason it took forever to be previewed and selected. Ford Rep had to move it to Priority 1. 

Since is has been scheduled the production was pushed back several weeks. When talking to Ford the problem was a couple parts were not available.

Here is the question. Today a customer I talked to has basically the same truck ordered 3/30/22. Their truck was scheduled for my original week. If they weren't going to have the parts for mine how are they going to build his several weeks before mine? Why would Ford do that?

There could be several reasons I’ve discovered having read this forum for 6 months:

1. His was scheduled before yours and parts are allocated until they run short. 
2. People get their production bumped very often…some as many as ten times or more because of commodity restraints. 
3. There are no scheduling time guarantees. 
4. You may not be the highest priority on their list. 
5. Your truck may not be EXACTLY the same as his with one or two different options that fall into parts shortages.

In other words, no one knows except the scheduler at the factory and as we’ve all been told, “you’ll see it when it gets there,”

Edited by DNICE

9 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

Can anyone make reasonable sense to my situation. First, I am currently driving a 2021 F150 that Ford is on the process of reacquiring. It's a real lemon.  March1  Ford entered an order for a F250 to replace this F150. Quoted 12 weeks. I have been in touch with the regional Ford rep, Executive team and RAV team. For some reason it took forever to be previewed and selected. Ford Rep had to move it to Priority 1. 

The order would have been placed by your Dealer, not Ford. After the order was submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) the Dealer should have immediately notified the RAV office so that the order could immediately be reprioritized at 01 for expedited scheduling. Reprioritizing the order could have been done within hours of the order being submitted.

53 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The order would have been placed by your Dealer, not Ford. After the order was submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) the Dealer should have immediately notified the RAV office so that the order could immediately be reprioritized at 01 for expedited scheduling. Reprioritizing the order could have been done within hours of the order being submitted.

The RAV department told me they had Expedited the order and prioritized it. The Ford regional rep told me that wasn't the case. They never did. After weeks of going back and forth the regional rep petitioned Dearborn to get it moved and they did. The RAV department has been like dealing with Larry, Curly and Moe. I have never seen a group that  double talks and lies like they do. My biggest question is how Ford can move my order out and back several weeks and then drop another truck lust like mine in the same slot? I have been driving Ford's my entire life purchasing more than 50 F15o trucks but tonight I am going to look at replacing mine with a Denali.

I am tired of being bent over by Ford.

1 hour ago, mhubbardva said:

The RAV department told me they had Expedited the order and prioritized it. The Ford regional rep told me that wasn't the case. They never did. After weeks of going back and forth the regional rep petitioned Dearborn to get it moved and they did. The RAV department has been like dealing with Larry, Curly and Moe. I have never seen a group that  double talks and lies like they do. My biggest question is how Ford can move my order out and back several weeks and then drop another truck lust like mine in the same slot? I have been driving Ford's my entire life purchasing more than 50 F15o trucks but tonight I am going to look at replacing mine with a Denali.

No excuse for the poor performance on Ford's part but have to wonder how closely your Dealer was monitoring the situation and how long it took them to take action with the RAV department and the Ford regional office to correct the priority code situation. The Vehicle Visibility Report gets updated immediately upon any changes and includes a wealth of information that many Dealers aren't aware of.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

On 7/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, Big Jon said:

Looking for ANY insight as to why my built truck has not shipped yet. I'm at 98 days today after being built and released from the factory, clean, no holds etc. VVR shows only rail delay. Ford Customer Service has no idea, Dealer has no idea. On my 4th bump now. Next ''scheduled delivery week'' is 7/12-7/18. It should have already shipped to make those dates, which it hasnt. Looking for the 5th bump email any day now. It's always 30 days at a time. Seriously having doubts it will arrive this yr. 

I'm at 50 days awaiting shipment (rail delay). They just moved my ETA to 7/28. 

19 hours ago, rubriv said:

I was scheduled with a build date of 6/27 (last week) and my truck went into production on July 1st (Thursday of last week) just before the shut-down.  This morning at 2:24am I received the "Built" email.  Tracker also updated to "Built" status and has a date of July 5th.  I talked to my dealer and they did confirm from the VVR that it was built last week but was sent off site to get the moon roof installed and also the 5th wheel prep.  I guess I should expect to not have any movement until the week of July 18th?  I hope sooner if Ford decides to do some shipping while the plant is down but setting my expectations.  I will let this thread know if I hear anything on shipping before the 18th.

To answer the original question, the answer is YES, looks like Ford will continue to ship completed builds during the 2 week shutdown.  I got my shipped email this morning at 2:24am.  They say it's on it's way but the email didn't provide any kind of tracking information like rail car, etc.  The estimated delivery date is Aug 7th - Aug 13th.

Edited by rubriv

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

No excuse for the poor performance on Ford's part but have to wonder how closely your Dealer was monitoring the situation and how long it took them to take action with the RAV department and the Ford regional office to correct the priority code situation. The Vehicle Visibility Report gets updated immediately upon any changes and includes a wealth of information that many Dealers aren't aware of.  

I am on my 4th RAV person who is a "team lead". Neither the dealership owner nor I could get the first person to respond to emails or phone calls. That went on for more than 2 weeks. I finally reached out to Ford's board of directors who promptly had someone step in and get involved. That's when the Ford regional rep had to get involved. After that it seems like things started moving but it has been 1 step forward 2 steps back. Now it seems everyone in the ford organization including the plants are on vacation for 2 weeks. No one will respond to emails or phone calls.

I am done begging them to sell me a 80K truck. I only buy about 6 vehicles a year and I guess Ford doesn't value that. Probably going to be driving my first Chevy by tomorrow evening. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:12 PM, pdough said:

I received the "Your F350 has shipped" email at 04:30 on 07/04/2022 (central time). Maybe there is hope they will be shipping through the shutdown.

You can contact customer service. Ask for a rail car number . Mine showed shipped on 6/29 . Customer service gave me a rail car # and update that it was in St Louis on 7/2 . Called the rail service a day later gave them the car # and it showed to be in Mesquite Tx yard empty.  Now the wait begins to get convoy to deliver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhubbardva said:

I am on my 4th RAV person who is a "team lead". Neither the dealership owner nor I could get the first person to respond to emails or phone calls. That went on for more than 2 weeks. I finally reached out to Ford's board of directors who promptly had someone step in and get involved. That's when the Ford regional rep had to get involved. After that it seems like things started moving but it has been 1 step forward 2 steps back. Now it seems everyone in the ford organization including the plants are on vacation for 2 weeks. No one will respond to emails or phone calls.

I am done begging them to sell me a 80K truck. I only buy about 6 vehicles a year and I guess Ford doesn't value that. Probably going to be driving my first Chevy by tomorrow evening. 

Sorry, too much of what you've posted just doesn't seem right. Reached out to Ford Board of Directors? Yeah, right. Then Ford Zone Manager got involved? Yeah, right. No reply to e-mail messages or phone calls? There's usually a reason why. Enjoy your Chevy!

• Like 2

Hi all, long time lurker. Ordered a 6.7 Tremor W2B in December of 21. Still no build date, but received this info from the dealer a couple weeks back. Any help decoding what the OBKCY line item hold is? 

Thanks

image.png

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry, too much of what you've posted just doesn't seem right. Reached out to Ford Board of Directors? Yeah, right. Then Ford Zone Manager got involved? Yeah, right. No reply to e-mail messages or phone calls? There's usually a reason why. Enjoy your Chevy!

You can doubt me all you want. I have no reason to post information that is not true.   

Ford Motor Company
Washington Regional Manager
Parts, Service and Sales Operations
Email, name and cell number removed for privacy 

This is who responds when you contact the Ford Board. I have a list of email addresses.

She responds within a day or two.

Karen Jones

Executive Representative

Ford Motor Company

Executive Liaison -CCGO

Probably because I had to file a complaint with the state lemon law to get them to respond. Once the state ruled in my favor Ford responded.

Funny thing is after weeks in the service department with 9 issues including a broken axle bolt that they claimed to have trouble duplicating there are now TSB's or recalls for all the issues.

I love Ford and  wish them well, I am just tired of all the disorganization. 

My latest communication (Friday) says my build has been moved to w/o 8/8.

I got a call a few minutes ago and they said my truck has been given a build day of 7/27. 

Who knows what to believe. 

2 hours ago, CamS said:

Hi all, long time lurker. Ordered a 6.7 Tremor W2B in December of 21. Still no build date, but received this info from the dealer a couple weeks back. Any help decoding what the OBKCY line item hold is? 

Thanks

image.png

OK...now I'm interested...

My salesperson has shown me this screen before for my order but has not shown me the stuff in the upper left.  How did your salesman get this to show up?

I think I'm going to make a trip to my dealer very soon once I have this info!

F250 XLT SC 6.2 built 6-16, shipped 6-17. Asked my salesman for my rail car number yesterday and he said he doesn’t know what a VVR is..He’s been selling for 30 years. He’s a decent guy, I blame the dealer and their training. I called FoMo customer service and Rosemary couldn’t provide a railcar number because…..she said it has already been received at the Portland rail destination 50 miles away from my dealer.

It’s sad that the customer can…and has to access more info than the dealer can or will provide. What are they going to do when Ford goes to order only system. Only the informative dealers will survive…as it should be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

Then just go. No need to temper tantrum online about it. If you don't feel valued as a customer, just take your business elsewhere. Viva la free market. 

Edited by tjm73

9 hours ago, faulconer said:

I'm at 50 days awaiting shipment (rail delay). They just moved my ETA to 7/28. 

101 days today now. Contacted Ford chat last night, still hasn't shipped, still no railcar information. So, it sits, somewhere. Don't think it's going to make the 7/12-718 dates. Absolutely ridiculous!  

5 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

You can doubt me all you want. I have no reason to post information that is not true.   

Ford Motor Company
Washington Regional Manager
Parts, Service and Sales Operations
Email, name and cell number removed for privacy 

This is who responds when you contact the Ford Board. I have a list of email addresses.

She responds within a day or two.

Karen Jones

Executive Representative

Ford Motor Company

Executive Liaison -CCGO

Probably because I had to file a complaint with the state lemon law to get them to respond. Once the state ruled in my favor Ford responded.

Funny thing is after weeks in the service department with 9 issues including a broken axle bolt that they claimed to have trouble duplicating there are now TSB's or recalls for all the issues.

I love Ford and  wish them well, I am just tired of all the disorganization. 

My latest communication (Friday) says my build has been moved to w/o 8/8.

I got a call a few minutes ago and they said my truck has been given a build day of 7/27. 

Who knows what to believe. 

It's rare ice-capades is silenced. He called me out, I proved enough info to support my claim and there is no excuse for the poor response I am getting from Ford. Hard to defend poor customer service.