2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

45 minutes ago, mhubbardva said:

It's rare ice-capades is silenced. He called me out, I proved enough info to support my claim and there is no excuse for the poor response I am getting from Ford. Hard to defend poor customer service. 

So all you came here to do is bitch about it.  Mission accomplished.  Move on.

1 hour ago, mhubbardva said:

It's rare ice-capades is silenced. He called me out, I proved enough info to support my claim and there is no excuse for the poor response I am getting from Ford. Hard to defend poor customer service. 

There are plenty of people here who’ve had disappointing experiences with Ford, with their dealer, or both. But the primary purpose of this thread is to share (or seek) information that might help others gain clarity about what is obviously a difficult and exasperating process (for reasons that have been oft documented here). 

I won’t speak for ice-capades, but I noticed they did try to provide some perspective. But venting (without any apparent desire for outside perspective that might challenge your pre-existing perspective) about your distinct issues isn’t really all that helpful to others, and it’s not all that interesting—given that many here have their own frustrations and disappointments. 

I won’t invite you to leave or go buy a Chevy, but I am curious: what, exactly, are you looking for from this group? 

1 hour ago, pjgreen said:

There are plenty of people here who’ve had disappointing experiences with Ford, with their dealer, or both. But the primary purpose of this thread is to share (or seek) information that might help others gain clarity about what is obviously a difficult and exasperating process (for reasons that have been oft documented here). 

I won’t speak for ice-capades, but I noticed they did try to provide some perspective. But venting (without any apparent desire for outside perspective that might challenge your pre-existing perspective) about your distinct issues isn’t really all that helpful to others, and it’s not all that interesting—given that many here have their own frustrations and disappointments. 

I won’t invite you to leave or go buy a Chevy, but I am curious: what, exactly, are you looking for from this group? 

Please do not feed the trolls.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DNICE said:

F250 XLT SC 6.2 built 6-16, shipped 6-17. Asked my salesman for my rail car number yesterday and he said he doesn’t know what a VVR is..He’s been selling for 30 years. He’s a decent guy, I blame the dealer and their training. I called FoMo customer service and Rosemary couldn’t provide a railcar number because…..she said it has already been received at the Portland rail destination 50 miles away from my dealer.

It’s sad that the customer can…and has to access more info than the dealer can or will provide. What are they going to do when Ford goes to order only system. Only the informative dealers will survive…as it should be.

I enjoy seeing your updates. It's like looking into my future. I'm glad you truck made It to Portland and hope my isn't to far behind. My experience has been about the same with getting updates form the dealership. I can only assume we have the same salesman. I'm stressed out they are not going to hold up their end of the deal when my truck comes in. You'll Have to let me know how the sales process goes for you.

42 minutes ago, pdough said:

I enjoy seeing your updates. It's like looking into my future. I'm glad you truck made It to Portland and hope my isn't to far behind. My experience has been about the same with getting updates form the dealership. I can only assume we have the same salesman. I'm stressed out they are not going to hold up their end of the deal when my truck comes in. You'll Have to let me know how the sales process goes for you.

The salesman has stressed several times to me that I’m price protected. Here’s to hoping I’m able to close the deal soon…and you as well. 

4 hours ago, mhubbardva said:

Yawn!!!! Long past time to move on.

Bye - hope you enjoy your Chevy. I may have waited 8 months, but my F-450 KRU is brilliant. Well worth the wait.

3 hours ago, DNICE said:

The salesman has stressed several times to me that I’m price protected. Here’s to hoping I’m able to close the deal soon…and you as well. 

Yep, same song and dance here, but still worried they will try to pull something. My salesman told me a story, complaining about the forums causing problems for dealers. I assume he was talking about you when he said "I had this one customer insisting I change his order to priority 10." God how I love small worlds! I look forward to hearing how long it takes your truck to get from Portland to McMin.

16 hours ago, CamS said:

Hi all, long time lurker. Ordered a 6.7 Tremor W2B in December of 21. Still no build date, but received this info from the dealer a couple weeks back. Any help decoding what the OBKCY line item hold is? 

Thanks

image.png

Unfortunately, there's no WBDO Glossary or anything with a reference to the OBKCY code and trying to search for anything at the FMCDealer.com portal is always an effort in futility. It's just something related to the "Material Availability" notation. WBDO error notices like this are related to commodity or plant restraints similar to the notes available in the AM Scheduling Preview Report.  

• Like 1

I apologize if this has been asked and I missed it in my scan of this post, does anyone have a rough idea on the average time it takes to build a super duty?  I looked at the vehicle tracker on 6/23 and it said "In production", I scrolled down to view the window sticker and it wasn't available yet.  I checked on 6/27 and am now able to view the window sticker, however since then I get the same "In production" message.  Does it really take that long or is there an issue with the tracking system not updating?  Oh and last night I received an email stating it'd been 45 days since my last update and my build date/week was supposed to be 6/27 but with supply chain issues things will probably change and they apologize for it.  It seems odd to me it'd go into production before all the parts were available to build it but the way things seem to be going I'm not all that surprised LOL

Not sure if it makes much difference but I ordered an F-350 6.2L SRW Lariat with minimal extras,... cab lights, center mounted back up camera and heated steering wheel is all I added.  Fifth wheel package and spray in bed liner had to be omitted when I placed my order back in February.

Edited by JSA

12 hours ago, pjgreen said:

If you look at my original post I laid out my situation and asked the question. Ford, knowing my situation that this ordeal has been going on since January 2021, would move my "hot", "Priority 1", "Expedited" order would move my order out for the third time because of supply issues then drop a truck with the same options in place of mine. I keep getting from Ford, "we have no idea how that happened". All I got was should of, could of, didn't handle it right comments. Then Ice-capades stepped in and stated that most of what I posted could not be true. In fact it is all true. 

I am still trying to find someone in the Ford management are who can follow up and get this to the finish line. I have the RAV department wanting my F150 lemon back now but Ford can't seem to get my replacement vehicle delivered. Again, in Feb,March if I was not told by Ford and the dealer this should take 12 weeks I would not be so frustrated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhubbardva said:

If you look at my original post I laid out my situation and asked the question. Ford, knowing my situation that this ordeal has been going on since January 2021, would move my "hot", "Priority 1", "Expedited" order would move my order out for the third time because of supply issues then drop a truck with the same options in place of mine. I keep getting from Ford, "we have no idea how that happened". All I got was should of, could of, didn't handle it right comments. Then Ice-capades stepped in and stated that most of what I posted could not be true. In fact it is all true. 

I am still trying to find someone in the Ford management are who can follow up and get this to the finish line. I have the RAV department wanting my F150 lemon back now but Ford can't seem to get my replacement vehicle delivered. Again, in Feb,March if I was not told by Ford and the dealer this should take 12 weeks I would not be so frustrated.

There is nobody here that works for Ford management that can help you.  This forum is private and not affiliated with Ford Motor Company.  The moderators do not work for Ford.  Therefore there is nothing anybody here can help you with. There are literally thousands of people in the same situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There is nobody here that works for Ford management that can help you.  This forum is private and not affiliated with Ford Motor Company.  The moderators do not work for Ford.  Therefore there is nothing anybody here can help you with. There are literally thousands of people in the same situation.

Well put akirby. Some days I wonder if the Mods job would be easier if a disclaimer similar to your statement was at the top of the site page, so people would stop having some mis-guided notion that this site is a pipeline into the Glass House.

HRG

49 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well put akirby. Some days I wonder if the Mods job would be easier if a disclaimer similar to your statement was at the top of the site page, so people would stop having some mis-guided notion that this site is a pipeline into the Glass House.

HRG

They won’t read it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, F450 said:

317 days no schedule

wish ford and dealers where better trained ?? 

2 hours ago, Drag n' Fly said:

I’m right there with you F450, I’m at 299 and I’m still waiting for a vin and a schedule. F350 Lariat CCSB w/ everything on it. Misery loves company. 

I'm right smack in the middle of you two at 308 days.

31 minutes ago, rubriv said:

Does anyone know how to track the shipment if the window sticker says "CONVOY"?  I've seen a lot of posts on tracking when it's rail but not convoy.

It's very misleading with Window Stickers that show "Convoy" as the shipping method. The vast majority of vehicles are shipped by rail directly from the plant and arrive at the final rail destination (Ramp). The vehicles are then transferred to a transport company that then assigns the vehicle and a driver to a car carrier for delivery to the dealership. In some cases, vehicles may be moved from the rail ramp at the plant to another ramp in the area to then be loaded onto a rail car.

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility Report which includes the complete order history and all scheduling, production and shipping status updates through final delivery to the dealership. The report will include the rail carrier and rail car number which can be used for tracking purposes.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's very misleading with Window Stickers that show "Convoy" as the shipping method. The vast majority of vehicles are shipped by rail directly from the plant and arrive at the final rail destination (Ramp). The vehicles are then transferred to a transport company that then assigns the vehicle and a driver to a car carrier for delivery to the dealership. In some cases, vehicles may be moved from the rail ramp at the plant to another ramp in the area to then be loaded onto a rail car.

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility Report which includes the complete order history and all scheduling, production and shipping status updates through final delivery to the dealership. The report will include the rail carrier and rail car number which can be used for tracking purposes.  

Thank you!

12 hours ago, pdough said:

Yep, same song and dance here, but still worried they will try to pull something. My salesman told me a story, complaining about the forums causing problems for dealers. I assume he was talking about you when he said "I had this one customer insisting I change his order to priority 10." God how I love small worlds! I look forward to hearing how long it takes your truck to get from Portland to McMin.

He has always been kind to me. When I discussed priority levels, he didn’t seem to understand that the dealer has the ability to move from priority 19 to a lower number. He had to talk to his sales manager. Perhaps they are embarrassed that we common (forum) folk seemed to be more informed than the salesmen are. I told them to please not move me up in front of anyone else that was ahead of me. But after four months I requested that they move me to priority 10. They said that Ford would automatically move it back to 19. I asked them to test that theory, which they did. It stayed at 10 and about three weeks later it was scheduled for production. I’m sorry if he thinks I’m being a pain in his backside, but sometimes we have to advocate for ourselves. I’m not a “make waves” kind of guy. Here’s hoping that everything works out for both of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DNICE said:

He has always been kind to me. When I discussed priority levels, he didn’t seem to understand that the dealer has the ability to move from priority 19 to a lower number. He had to talk to his sales manager. Perhaps they are embarrassed that we common (forum) folk seemed to be more informed than the salesmen are. I told them to please not move me up in front of anyone else that was ahead of me. But after four months I requested that they move me to priority 10. They said that Ford would automatically move it back to 19. I asked them to test that theory, which they did. It stayed at 10 and about three weeks later it was scheduled for production. I’m sorry if he thinks I’m being a pain in his backside, but sometimes we have to advocate for ourselves. I’m not a “make waves” kind of guy. Here’s hoping that everything works out for both of us.

Salespeople at most dealers are never involved in the details of the ordering process.  That’s done by the sales mgr and some of them are too lazy to properly manage their order S was never a big deal when 95% of sales were stock.  Hopefully this is a wake up call to those lazy and/or incompetent dealers.

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Thanks for the help. There are not literally thousands in the same situation. If so Ford has way more lemon vehicles that I thought. I have a lemon Ford has bought back and wants back but I have nothing and can find nothing to drive until they get my replacement vehicle.