2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Dealer called this morning and truck was delivered.  Ordered 1/21/22, built 5/9/22 with no delays.  Went into shipping status 5/10/22 with 3 delays.  Lariat Ultimate, BAP w/ liner, SRW 6.7L.  Headed south tomorrow afternoon to take delivery Saturday morning.  

2 hours ago, Phill DaBank said:

When I spoke to the sales manger because I wasn’t getting enough answers from the salesman, he said I should call the salesman with whom  I placed my order. 

Tell him no I’m talking to you the salesman doesn’t have the answers I’m looking for. Or he is a lazy p.o.s. Stand your ground make him do his job.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:58 AM, NH_Bulldog said:

How did you place an order 2 1/2 weeks into the future?

Well the dealer from my original order placed 6/24/21 called me today to say my truck was in and asked if I was still interested in it even though I emailed them months ago and said no when my second order was scheduled for production.  The difference between the two orders is amazing insofar as the delay and how a more loaded truck came in so much faster.  I joked with the salesman and said thanks and that they would not have any issue selling it and he agreed.  I'll have to see what the price is they list it for considering I was getting X plan pricing. 

10 hours ago, MSetters said:

My apologies to those that have waited longer than me, which is just about everyone. I ordered and confirmed 3/30.  Scheduled today for 8/22.  Antimatter Blue, F250, 6.7L, CCSB, Lariat ultimate package, BAP, Tremor package with up fitter switches and clearance lights.  I think some of the details were off on the email but will just have to see when I get the window sticker.  It said something about multi contour seat delete, king ranch, value package, ultimate package etc.  Kind of all over the place, but I am just happy to be scheduled.

My Lariat ultimate package  said the same thing about the multi contour seat delete, even though MC is not an option with the Lariat ultimate. When I got the window sticker there was no mention of it. It also says Tremor package discount for several items, and I did not get the Tremor package. When the window sticker became available, it was spot on with what I ordered. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

Dealer called this morning and truck was delivered.  Ordered 1/21/22, built 5/9/22 with no delays.  Went into shipping status 5/10/22 with 3 delays.  Lariat Ultimate, BAP w/ liner, SRW 6.7L.  Headed south tomorrow afternoon to take delivery Saturday morning.  

WOW,.....2 months sitting in shipping!!!  LOL I'm sorry but that's nuts!.....not that I should talk, mine has been "In production" since June 23rd so that's probably why nobody else's are getting built, mine is holding up the line! ?

Edited by JSA
Poor keyboard skills

19 hours ago, MSetters said:

My apologies to those that have waited longer than me, which is just about everyone. I ordered and confirmed 3/30.  Scheduled today for 8/22.  Antimatter Blue, F250, 6.7L, CCSB, Lariat ultimate package, BAP, Tremor package with up fitter switches and clearance lights.  I think some of the details were off on the email but will just have to see when I get the window sticker.  It said something about multi contour seat delete, king ranch, value package, ultimate package etc.  Kind of all over the place, but I am just happy to be scheduled.

This gives me a lot of hope for my build. It sounds like you and I ordered identical trucks on the exact same day. I do a monthly check-in with the sales guy and spoke with him yesterday and he mentioned that my build didn’t have a vin or build date yet, but was previewing this week so hopefully I’ll get the “build” email soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JSA said:

WOW,.....2 months sitting in shipping!!!  LOL I'm sorry but that's nuts!.....not that I should talk, mine has been "In production" since June 23rd so that's probably why nobody else's are getting built, mine is holding up the line! ?

2 months in shipping delays is childs play.? I'm at 110 days today. ?

35 minutes ago, faulconer said:

My Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB sat in awaiting shipping for 55 days. I just got the update that it has finally shipped and is on the way. I was beginning to worry that they had lost it (maybe they did for a while!).

Convinced mine is M.I.A or damaged, delivered to another dealer, something! I can understand a week, a month etc....but I'm at 110 days today. As of yesterday, still awaiting shipping per the dealers VVR. Makes zero sense! 

30 minutes ago, Big Jon said:

Convinced mine is M.I.A or damaged, delivered to another dealer, something! I can understand a week, a month etc....but I'm at 110 days today. As of yesterday, still awaiting shipping per the dealers VVR. Makes zero sense! 

Yeah, that is ridiculous.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Ford marketing yesterday. They agreed that my delay (much shorter than yours) and the lack of communication was not acceptable. The rep said she could not do anything about it but that she would pass on my concerns to her management.

The marketing department (800-392-3673) does not seem to have any direct access to any other part of the company. I don't think my call to them had anything to do with my status changing later that day but who knows? 

40 minutes ago, faulconer said:

Yeah, that is ridiculous.

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Ford marketing yesterday. They agreed that my delay (much shorter than yours) and the lack of communication was not acceptable. The rep said she could not do anything about it but that she would pass on my concerns to her management.

The marketing department (800-392-3673) does not seem to have any direct access to any other part of the company. I don't think my call to them had anything to do with my status changing later that day but who knows? 

I've called and complained so much I'm probably on a watch list by now. It never goes beyond "we're sorry,wish I/we could do more, but there is no one else to contact". It's a total shit show at best!

Edited by Big Jon

1 hour ago, bradlnm said:

This gives me a lot of hope for my build. It sounds like you and I ordered identical trucks on the exact same day. I do a monthly check-in with the sales guy and spoke with him yesterday and he mentioned that my build didn’t have a vin or build date yet, but was previewing this week so hopefully I’ll get the “build” email soon.

If your order was previewing on yesterday's AM Preview Scheduling Report, there's a very good chance that your order was scheduled yesterday. Talk to your Dealer and have them check the Vehicle Visibility Report for confirmation of your order status. 

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

If your vehicle is still "Awaiting Shipping" it's probably due to either a plant hold or microchip hold. If it's a microchip hold, it'll be noted on the Vehicle Visibility Report. It's extremely rare for vehicles to be delivered to the wrong dealership and if the vehicle was damaged in transit that information would also be available in Ford's Vehicle Visibility Report.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

53 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If your order was previewing on yesterday's AM Preview Scheduling Report, there's a very good chance that your order was scheduled yesterday. Talk to your Dealer and have them check the Vehicle Visibility Report for confirmation of your order status. 

Man that would be awesome if so. I’ll have to reach back out to them and see if they can send me a screen shot of the VVR.

2 hours ago, bradlnm said:

Good luck with the scheduling.  My salesman emailed me a couple weeks ago thinking I might get scheduled then but I didn't. I figured I must have been next in line at my dealership. Of the two or three closest to me it is the smallest in terms of sales from what I can see, but I bought my 2013 Mustang from them so went back there again. I'm less than 100 miles from the plant and delivery has been about a week after build so the end of the line is hopefully quickly approaching.  We are camping Labor Day weekend so an early arrival would be nice, but if not I will have it for our trip in October.

Just got the call. My truck is at the dealership. Monday it'll go out for spray in bed liner and then the "4x4" stickers on the bed will be removed. Hate those tacky looking stickers. Pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday night looks like 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If your vehicle is still "Awaiting Shipping" it's probably due to either a plant hold or microchip hold. If it's a microchip hold, it'll be noted on the Vehicle Visibility Report. It's extremely rare for vehicles to be delivered to the wrong dealership and if the vehicle was damaged in transit that information would also be available in Ford's Vehicle Visibility Report.

Let me start by adding a few dates to the timeline. 

12/30 ordered and confirmed before leaving dealer 

1/13 VIN issued with 3/7/22 build week.

3/7/22 plant is closed due to parts shortages if I remember correctly. 

3/16/22 starts production

3/28/22 ends production and build completed. Delay in production was due to wiper motor shortage. I had a plant employee reach out to me for the VIN. He verified per the plant internal VVR that indeed it was on hold due to the wiper motor shortage. A screenshot of the internal VVR was sent to me as well. When the truck was completed on 3/28/22 another VVR was sent to me showing that all "concerns" were closed and unit was released for shipping. Time stamps were on 3/29/22 at 0159 completed. 2nd time stamp was 3/29/22 0210 that truck was shipped. Tracker reflected the 3/28/22 built date. Received the email from Ford saying truck was built, expect to see at dealer etc, in approximately 2 weeks. 

After 12 days of waiting for it to arrive, I received the first shipping pushback email stating 30 more days until delivery. That pushed it out until May,then June, now July. 30 days every bump every time. My delivery week for July ends on the 18th, so next Monday. We reached out to the dealer yesterday and was sent a screenshot of his VVR. Still shows awaiting shipping, rail carrier delay with no railcar number. That's all they've ever said is rail carrier delay. I have contacted Ford Customer Service and they supply the same information as well. I'm at a loss as to why shipping is taking so long. We've emailed any and all Ford Corporate email addresses we can find. We've only had one response,  and that was she couldn't help, contact my dealer. My frustration level is thru the roof now. What was supposed to be a happy and joyful time of receiving a new truck that I ordered to my specifications, has now been replaced with regret for waiting 6 plus months WITHOUT a truck. I did find a 21 MY Tremor that is as close to what I've ordered, but it's not what I ordered. Could I live with it? I most certainly I can, and probably will at this point. My BIGGEST concern now is that the truck has been sitting, somewhere, uncovered, exposed to the elements for quite some time now. Another issue that comes to mind is rodent damage. I know I haven't waited as long as some on here, but damn, when you get so close to the end of the race you can see the finish line, only for you to never gain any ground to actually cross that finish line. 

Edited by Big Jon
Spelling

Received email yesterday that truck is scheduled for production.

Ordered 4/1/2022 F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CC, LB, 4X4, 3.55, LEDs, sunroof, 22's, power running boards 5th wheel prep, bedliner

Scheduled yesterday to build August 22nd.

My dealer is a small local dealer. I never called email or asked...just sitting back and waiting.

12 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Received email yesterday that truck is scheduled for production.

Ordered 4/1/2022 F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CC, LB, 4X4, 3.55, LEDs, sunroof, 22's, power running boards 5th wheel prep, bedliner

Scheduled yesterday to build August 22nd.

My dealer is a small local dealer. I never called email or asked...just sitting back and waiting.

Congratulations to you, the whole thing is sad. I ordered a king ranch ultimate f350 CC/LB/SRW antimatter blue/stone grey on 1/13/22 dropped the fifth wheel prep,spray in bed liner and wheel well liners in February haven’t heard a thing?. I don’t get it. Everyone says be patient but for those of us that aren’t scheduled yet our time is running out in December if not before, then we will have to start the whole process over with a 23?!!!!!

7 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Congratulations to you, the whole thing is sad. I ordered a king ranch ultimate f350 CC/LB/SRW antimatter blue/stone grey on 1/13/22 dropped the fifth wheel prep,spray in bed liner and wheel well liners in February haven’t heard a thing?. I don’t get it. Everyone says be patient but for those of us that aren’t scheduled yet our time is running out in December if not before, then we will have to start the whole process over with a 23?!!!!!

A KR will have a lot of commodities that a Lariat won't.

Yes, it is very unfortunate for those waiting and especially in need of a truck. I actually ordered the last day and kept the 5th wheel prep and bed-liner, hoping to get bumped to a 2023?‍♀️. I figured I would let everyone else get in front of me.

I do think the dealers play a big role in how they manage their orders, then of course commodities are such an issue with all orders. I ordered with a 3.55 rear end and since most are 3.31, maybe this made a difference and since everyone was canceling the bed-liner and 5th wheel prep it was bound to have supply availability again.You just never know with such complicated processes with so many moving parts.

21 hours ago, MSetters said:

Good luck with the scheduling.  My salesman emailed me a couple weeks ago thinking I might get scheduled then but I didn't. I figured I must have been next in line at my dealership. Of the two or three closest to me it is the smallest in terms of sales from what I can see, but I bought my 2013 Mustang from them so went back there again. I'm less than 100 miles from the plant and delivery has been about a week after build so the end of the line is hopefully quickly approaching.  We are camping Labor Day weekend so an early arrival would be nice, but if not I will have it for our trip in October.

Pretty similar situation for me as well. I ordered from a relatively smaller dealer who is about 30 minutes away as opposed to the large, high volume dealer who is 5 minutes away simply because I received no push back on X plan from the smaller dealer and the large one was hesitant to commit to it. We actually ordered the truck because we were planning on picking up a travel trailer but when I started doing research and saw what the build times were like I went out and found a 2019 f250 to give me something to pull the camper and hold me over until the new one is built. I guess once I get scheduled I’ll start thinking about transit. I’m about 275 miles from KTP but directly down I-65 so hopefully transit won’t be bad.

Truck showed up at the dealer today:

F250 SC XLT 6.2L

Ordered 1/21 Confirmed 1/24

Built 6/16

Shipped 6/17

Arrived at dealer 7/16, one week shy of 6 months order to delivery.

6A99BC2A-EACC-4542-8462-D0FDBAFA0FD6.jpeg

Edited by DNICE
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

A KR will have a lot of commodities that a Lariat won't.

Yes, it is very unfortunate for those waiting and especially in need of a truck. I actually ordered the last day and kept the 5th wheel prep and bed-liner, hoping to get bumped to a 2023?‍♀️. I figured I would let everyone else get in front of me.

I do think the dealers play a big role in how they manage their orders, then of course commodities are such an issue with all orders. I ordered with a 3.55 rear end and since most are 3.31, maybe this made a difference and since everyone was canceling the bed-liner and 5th wheel prep it was bound to have supply availability again.You just never know with such complicated processes with so many moving parts.

I see quite a few platinum’s being built also and they are a step above the king ranch. I’ve been a priority 2 since the beginning of April and I have been # 1 in line at my dealer for a couple months now. When I ordered my truck they told me 3 to 5 months which I new might be wishful thinking but I sold my sold my truck just in case. In retrospect I should’ve held on to it a little longer. And now that time is running out on the 22s I’m wondering if it will get built. I really don’t want to have to get a 23 the front of those things are a bit fugly.

On 7/14/2022 at 11:23 PM, pdough said:

My Lariat ultimate package  said the same thing about the multi contour seat delete, even though MC is not an option with the Lariat ultimate. When I got the window sticker there was no mention of it. It also says Tremor package discount for several items, and I did not get the Tremor package. When the window sticker became available, it was spot on with what I ordered. 

Check my last post…?

• Like 1