2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 7/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, Big Jon said:

2 months in shipping delays is childs play.? I'm at 110 days today. ?

My brother in law ordered his the week of thanksgiving, not sure what all he got for options all I know is it’s a F250 6.7 Lariat with painted bumpers and black rims lol.  His was built 6/21 and he got the shipped email on 7/9 so it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for it to show up.  He ordered from a different dealer than I did but they’re only 20ish miles apart so both of ours will come the same route except for the final leg of the journey, now if mine would just get off the in production status………..?

I will add that the last time I talked to my salesman he said if mine wasn’t in by the time we go on our camping trip that he’d pull something off the lot for me to use for the weekend, he said it probably wouldn’t be the newest one on the lot but it’d be a 3/4 ton or 1 ton so I will say that’s one nice thing about small town dealerships at least the experiences I’ve had with them over the years!

10 hours ago, pdough said:

Hot dang! Congratulations! I hope it's everything you hoped for. There wasn't by chance a two tone black one, was there? ?

Didn’t see the two-tone black…sorry.

Sounds like the price protection isn’t going to be a problem. We settle up tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

My truck has a build day scheduled for August 5.  I went online and built the same truck knowing it could not be built but the Carbonized Grey is now only available as a two tone paint with black on the bottom.  Wonder what I will get?  The newly configured truck is about $8k higher.  Also, my email about being scheduled to be built had all kinds of Tremor discounts even though it isn't a Tremor but rather a Lariat Ultimate.  I have seen others with this quirk but when they were able to see the window sticker it was OK.

Ordered a Renegade bed cover before I am getting the truck.  They have a backlog of 4-5 months right now.  Made in the USA and strong enough to set 2000# on top of the cover.  I am hoping to get the bed covered before the snow starts to fly.  Getting excited, only had the build date pushed back once and nothing in the past two weeks.  Two weeks and counting (I hope)

12 hours ago, pdough said:

Hot dang! Congratulations! I hope it's everything you hoped for. There wasn't by chance a two tone black one, was there? ?

They just called me in to sign papers. They honored original pricing and treated me with respect. Only a Spray-in bed liner to go.

• Like 2

Been off the grid for a week camping in the middle of nowhere.  Got an email from Ford that I've been pushed back to the week of 8/1 form 7/25.  I expected this and probably will see this a couple more times.  Have received nothing from my dealer (not surprised).  

1 hour ago, River Wild said:

Been off the grid for a week camping in the middle of nowhere.  Got an email from Ford that I've been pushed back to the week of 8/1 form 7/25.  I expected this and probably will see this a couple more times.  Have received nothing from my dealer (not surprised).  

I was pushed from 7/12 to 7/27.  Waiting for next e-mail with update.  I have not heard anything from my dealer either.  

Well, today was the last day of 4th delivery attempt week. Didn't make it as usual. 113 days now, Still on rail delay(clean,no holds) as of an hr ago. I feel certain Ford will need an additional 30 days to ensure my complete satisfaction. Just waiting on the email now...??

Window Sticker (WS) became available today for build date on Monday, July 25.  No changes made to original order and WS correctly reflects build sheet.

F-250 CC SRW 7.3 Carbonized Grey, Lariat, Lariat Ultimate, BAP, 3.55, Upfitter, Rain-sensing (heated steering wheel), FX4

Ordered 12-15-21 (No Email confirmation from Ford)

Build email 6-23-22 (First Email from Ford) 

Stated build date 7-25-22

Ordered through a larger dealer out of state, assuming vehicle would be built a little quicker.  Don't know if my plan will have worked  but haven't minded (too much) waiting for a vehicle that I'd like vs. settling for what's available on dealer lots.  Knowing the signed build sheet is "price protected" (PL245) and WS MSRP reflects pricing at time of build has been very helpful "intel".  Thanks to the forum and participants!!

Since this is my first purchase as an out of state buyer (I don't have a sales tax in my state), what can I expect in the way of registration fees?  I know I there won't be a sales tax for the purchase, but do other states charge a temporary registration fee at the time of purchase? 

Would appreciate any information on how "out of state" vehicle registration is handled.  My paperwork for the order indicates $100 and the dealership is in Idaho.

Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, AFJ said:

Since this is my first purchase as an out of state buyer (I don't have a sales tax in my state), what can I expect in the way of registration fees?  I know I there won't be a sales tax for the purchase, but do other states charge a temporary registration fee at the time of purchase? 

Would appreciate any information on how "out of state" vehicle registration is handled.  My paperwork for the order indicates $100 and the dealership is in Idaho.

You should talk to your Dealer regarding their process and fees for handling out-of-state vehicle registrations. For registrations in adjacent states, most dealerships will just send someone to the State DMV to register the vehicle. In cases where distance is a factor, most dealerships will utilize a registration service that will receive the necessary documents via FedEx, etc. and send the final registration back via FedEx, etc. with the service charging a fee in addition to the registration costs. 

TJM73,

Yes, brief conversation regarding out of state registration fees at the time the truck was ordered.  Salesman stated at least 1/3 of their sales are with customers from out of state.  The listed $100 registration seemed very low for Montana and as an adjoining state to the dealership (as Ice-capades indicated); I'm sure there is an established procedure.  The listed fee could be the dealerships estimated cost for FedEx. 

My preference and purpose in asking this question here is to learn most answers before asking a salesman or dealership employee and definitely prior to making a purchase.  Thanks for the info and opportunity (here) to be an informed consumer. ??

39 minutes ago, AFJ said:

TJM73,

Yes, brief conversation regarding out of state registration fees at the time the truck was ordered.  Salesman stated at least 1/3 of their sales are with customers from out of state.  The listed $100 registration seemed very low for Montana and as an adjoining state to the dealership (as Ice-capades indicated); I'm sure there is an established procedure.  The listed fee could be the dealerships estimated cost for FedEx. 

My preference and purpose in asking this question here is to learn most answers before asking a salesman or dealership employee and definitely prior to making a purchase.  Thanks for the info and opportunity (here) to be an informed consumer. ??

Montana registration will run you about $1k for a new super duty

2 hours ago, AFJ said:

TJM73,

I live in the flathead. I think the fee for registration will very from county to county.  Flathead county's website has a calculator. It estimated mine as $313.58. It use to depend on vehicle value but they standardized it several years ago. Back then it was a lot more. Check with you DMV they will take the guess work out of it.  

4 hours ago, AFJ said:

Window Sticker (WS) became available today for build date on Monday, July 25.  No changes made to original order and WS correctly reflects build sheet.

F-250 CC SRW 7.3 Carbonized Grey, Lariat, Lariat Ultimate, BAP, 3.55, Upfitter, Rain-sensing (heated steering wheel), FX4

Ordered 12-15-21 (No Email confirmation from Ford)

Build email 6-23-22 (First Email from Ford) 

Stated build date 7-25-22

Ordered through a larger dealer out of state, assuming vehicle would be built a little quicker.  Don't know if my plan will have worked  but haven't minded (too much) waiting for a vehicle that I'd like vs. settling for what's available on dealer lots.  Knowing the signed build sheet is "price protected" (PL245) and WS MSRP reflects pricing at time of build has been very helpful "intel".  Thanks to the forum and participants!!

Thanks for the help.

I live in Illinois and purchased in Kentucky dealer took care of all paperwork but my wonderful state drug there feet like they do withveverythong so i was forced to go to dmv to get a temp plate until new plate came.. At time of purchase Kentucky dealercdid give me a 30 day temp plate. No extra fees and they were great about staying on Illinois dmv to get my permanent plates and registration. 

A few years back I bought a jeep in Colorado and I'm from OR.  Told dealer nothing was needed other than the temp permit.  When I got home I did the paperwork and went to the DMV and paid for lic, title, and reg.   

If you're financing with a bank, they will do the DMV paper shuffle.  At least my CU will.  

Edited by River Wild

Got my truck!! Seems pretty awesome so far. No hassle. No BS at Van Bortal Ford in Fairport, NY. Honored the trade in offer from January and no funny business with pricing. Straight shooters. Was a good experience. 

PXL_20220719_214224532.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Got my truck!! Seems pretty awesome so far. No hassle. No BS at Van Bortal Ford in Fairport, NY. Honored the trade in offer from January and no funny business with pricing. Straight shooters. Was a good experience. 

PXL_20220719_214224532.jpg

Nice truck. Enjoy the ride!