2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, F450 said:

Confirmed order date should have some kind of parts priority when you have waiting 11 months plus 

Not a very fair system for people who ordered trucks with lots of options 

Retail orders default to priority 19. It’s up to the dealer to upgrade to priority 10. It’s also up to the dealer to advocate for your order with the zone manager and pursue priority 02, which may get you scheduled ahead of other dealers in addition to the waiting list at your own store. 

21 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Retail orders default to priority 19. It’s up to the dealer to upgrade to priority 10. It’s also up to the dealer to advocate for your order with the zone manager and pursue priority 02, which may get you scheduled ahead of other dealers in addition to the waiting list at your own store. 

Just realize that each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), including priority codes and allocation, is independent from any other Dealer's. 

11 hours ago, Truss57 said:

“MULTI CONTOUR SEAT DELETE”

Anyone have any idea what this means?   It’s on my Window sticker. 

Thanks!

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

2 hours ago, F450 said:

Priority 10 since start 

done all that with them talking to zone/regional

still no schedule

What did they say when you asked why you aren’t at priority 02?

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Just realize that each Dealer's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), including priority codes and allocation, is independent from any other Dealer's. 

Right on all counts. Priority 02 theoretically puts you ahead of 10-19 at nearby dealers, does it not?

Edited by le engineer

25 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No. Priority codes only function within that dealership's order bank. 

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s the point of involving a zone manager to reach priority 02 if the dealer can effectively do the same thing by putting you at 10 and making the rest of their USOB 11/higher?

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s the point of involving a zone manager to reach priority 02 if the dealer can effectively do the same thing by putting you at 10 and making the rest of their USOB 11/higher?

Basically because of the higher level of consideration for scheduling at Ford, including attempts to circumvent commodity and/or plant restraints when possible. It's all a lot more complex in today's market with all the commodity restraints, supply chain issues, etc. plus the tremendous volume of retail customer orders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drag n' Fly said:

Any news regarding whether unscheduled 22’s will become 23’s or will those of us with unscheduled 22’s have to just start over?

I wouldn't expect to hear anything from Ford until closer to the 2023MY USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opening. 

41 minutes ago, 2504now said:

Is this year really that many more retail customer orders?  If so, maybe based on lack of dealer stock?

From Ford's June 2022 sales report via Ford Media...

The number of retail sales coming from previously placed orders continues at its record pace of about 50 percent in June. 

If ford make me start over for a 23 after waiting 12 months plus the wait for 23 to come out 

F…. Ford 

they better give some price protection and more incentives to keep me from taking my money somewhere else

?

• Like 4

I Agree, If Ford Doesn’t honor customers that already have made an order. I think they will significantly do damage to their brand  Name and loose future customers. I ordered 6.7 February 18. Dropped by my dealership not long ago. And the response I got was Oh no you’re not going to see this truck this year. My wife is very interested in a lightning.  The dealership saying give us a hundred bucks will putt you in line. But not now. Not from this dealership! But I get it! Plenty more behind me. Just trying to plan for next year?

Edited by gotodd12
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

They did it for Maverick orders so I’d say there’s a good chance they’ll do it for SD too.

Fingers crossed!  I just hope they let me keep my $3k PCO on top of priority in line and maybe an additional $$$ incentive.  If the '22 I've had on order since 9/3/21 does get built, I'll likely order a '23 ASAP and sell the '22 for a profit when the '23 shows up.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Fingers crossed!  I just hope they let me keep my $3k PCO on top of priority in line and maybe an additional $$$ incentive.  If the '22 I've had on order since 9/3/21 does get built, I'll likely order a '23 ASAP and sell the '22 for a profit when the '23 shows up.

They're definitely giving a PCO to make up for the price difference but I don’t know what they’ll do for previous PCOs.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

They're definitely giving a PCO to make up for the price difference but I don’t know what they’ll do for previous PCOs.  Fingers crossed.

That's two of us.  Now, if I could get a bunch more people to cross their fingers for me! ? 

On 7/20/2022 at 4:18 PM, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

Truck was scheduled for production the week of 27 June. My dealer said it actually started 23 June. Apparently it didn’t make it out before the summer break/ shutdown. Tracker still shows it’s still in production and when I stopped by the dealer today, they said it still shows in production with no holds.  Anyone else have a similar experience?  

Unrelated question (sorry for asking here, not getting any answers on other threads), does anyone know what type or part number for the door panel clips? I need to remove door panels to install Jimmi Jammers but want to have some spare clips on hand before I start. 

Logged onto the tracker this morning, and it shows the truck was built 21 July, but haven’t received an email yet. Hopefully others got a nugget of good news recently. Happy Friday!

56FFB784-5200-4EC2-A3C1-7E4D78249B8D.jpeg

FYI... Posted earlier this morning in the Ford Retail Price Increases forum. 

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective July 22, 2022
Trucks
Super Duty

• Increase all series prices $1,000 MSRP

You can expect at least 1-2 additional price increases before production "Balance Out".

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

36 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Trucks
Super Duty

You can expect at least 1-2 additional price increases before production "Balance Out".

Which means the base price of a '23 is going to be $8-10k more than an early '22 due to all the increases since the '22 first came out.  Lovely!

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Trucks
Super Duty

I'm confused, how do you have a price increase when you can't order the vehicle at this time?

Edited by Robin Hood

2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Which means the base price of a '23 is going to be $8-10k more than an early '22 due to all the increases since the '22 first came out.  Lovely!

Where do you get your numbers. I ordered a early 22 Lariat and a late 22 Lariat and the price difference was $2500.