2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I'm confused, how do you have a price increase when you can't order the vehicle at this time?

The price increases will apply to all vehicles invoiced after the effective date, excluding vehicles covered by Ford's price protection (Retail, Fleet). In particular, the price increases will apply to all Dealer Stock and Demo units. The price increases only apply to vehicles when they're produced and invoiced. The new prices provide a reference for all vehicle specifications, even though retail order types may no longer be available. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

Where do you get your numbers. I ordered a early 22 Lariat and a late 22 Lariat and the price difference was $2500.

I didn't do the exact calculations, but I've seen several of these increases (on top of $2500) so far, I'm thinking the total was around $4k?? Plus this $1k, and if there are a couple more like ice suggests, that's another $2k for a total of $7k.  Add in a $1k price increase going to the '23, that makes $8k.

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... Posted earlier this morning in the Ford Retail Price Increases forum. 

RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective July 22, 2022
Trucks
Super Duty

• Increase all series prices $1,000 MSRP

You can expect at least 1-2 additional price increases before production "Balance Out".

Edited 3 hours ago by ice-capades

WOW!!

I just added up all the Price Increases since I Ordered my MY 22 F-350 Platinum

Order Placed on 10/25/2021 - Price Level 240

as of Today, 07/22/2022 - Price Level 270

Increase of $4935

I'm still "Unscheduled Clean" still without a VIN or Build Date ( Called Ford Customer Service 800-334-4375)

39 Weeks (270 Days/ 9 Months) since Order Placed and Confirmed by Ford.

Looking like I will not be getting built anytime soon, maybe rolling over to a 23MY?

On 7/20/2022 at 7:51 AM, KonevTremor said:

Yet another slap. Ordered my truck 1/7/22 in Montana. A friend in New Jersey orders the exact same truck PLUS the winch on 3/14/22. Mine is "scheduled" for 8/1/22, his arrived in his hands last week. 

IMG_20220720_071035.jpg

Really, I ordered 11-29-21 and im not even scheduled

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

It's kind of funny to hear people say they won't be built for a 2022 when Ford plans to build these trucks for 5 more months.

Makes me wonder how many they have left to build and how many parts they have to build those that are left. Funny or not, they haven’t exactly been pumping them out this year.  

On 7/22/2022 at 6:33 AM, akirby said:

They're definitely giving a PCO to make up for the price difference but I don’t know what they’ll do for previous PCOs.  Fingers crossed.

First time poster, but long time "waiter". Sorry if you've gone over this before, but I haven't seen it asked. I'm quickly losing confidence that my order will be scheduled for MY22. Do know how Ford might handle a PCO when my order has a price level of 240 and the the latest is 270? Do they typically cover all of the price increases from the original order or just the latest MY22 level to the first MY23 level?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 hours ago, KevinLK said:

First time poster, but long time "waiter". Sorry if you've gone over this before, but I haven't seen it asked. I'm quickly losing confidence that my order will be scheduled for MY22. Do know how Ford might handle a PCO when my order has a price level of 240 and the the latest is 270? Do they typically cover all of the price increases from the original order or just the latest MY22 level to the first MY23 level?

Thanks,

Kevin

I don’t know the answer to your question but if Ford wants to keep customers happy and coming back I would certainly hope they have some sort of plan to address this.  I’m certainly not waiting another 7.5 months for a 23.  When I ordered  at beginning of Dec 21 my trade was worth more,  Ford MSRP was less and interest rates were better.  The longer I wait the more it’s going to cost.   

2 hours ago, KevinLK said:

I haven’t seen the price increases discussed but they told Maverick buyers they would get a PCO to make up for the price difference - but they weren’t specific as to which old price, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I haven’t seen the price increases discussed but they told Maverick buyers they would get a PCO to make up for the price difference - but they weren’t specific as to which old price, 

Just being technical, but have they confirmed that the "special private offer discount" (Ford's wording, from an email sent to order holders...) is intended to act as price protection?  For all we know, that could be a flat $500-1000 regardless of your build.  I haven't seen anything that provides insight into whether it's price protection or just "we're sorry, here's a bit of a discount toward full 2023 pricing", let alone the amounts.  Probably won't know for a week or two at soonest.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/this-is-the-e-mail-coming-at-3pm-today-6-29-to-unscheduled-order-holders.17098/

54 minutes ago, j2sys said:

Just being technical, but have they confirmed that the "special private offer discount" (Ford's wording, from an email sent to order holders...) is intended to act as price protection?  For all we know, that could be a flat $500-1000 regardless of your build.  I haven't seen anything that provides insight into whether it's price protection or just "we're sorry, here's a bit of a discount toward full 2023 pricing", let alone the amounts.  Probably won't know for a week or two at soonest.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/this-is-the-e-mail-coming-at-3pm-today-6-29-to-unscheduled-order-holders.17098/

Nobody knows yet.

30 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

Last email I got was in March from Ford about how long order is taking.  What email are you talking about?

That's for Maverick order holders regarding the likelihood that their MY 2022 orders would not get built.

I guess I got lucky on my build.  F350 platinum SRW.  Expected delivery date to dealer is August 10th.   Why some ship right away and others don’t is a bit of a mystery.  Now the question is will I be price protected?  Base price increased 4K.  Meeting with the dealer tomorrow to go over this topic.  Will report back on what I find out.
7F3E5A1A-7BC0-4E43-A591-95C0D1122695.thumb.png.fb80949abbef2aa3e30e5a1509dfd790.png