2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Scheduling confirmation is available via the Vehicle Visibility report which your Dealer can access 24/7. The sales representative may not be aware of that or have access so talk to the sales manager. If the sales manager tells you he/she doesn't know, they're either too lazy or incompetent. 

Maybe all of the above. From talking with a couple other people that ordered cars there, I’m pretty sure that’s just how they operate. If I was a dealer, I’d rather my customer be able to track this information themself rather than having to call the dealership and tying up the staff. I wish Ford would let the consumer get their information input to the COVP, but at least so far Ford customer service has come through for me. Sometimes I’m too patient for my own good.

When I ordered my 17, my sales guy (fleet sales) updated me often.  He is no longer at the dealership and it's obvious the guy I'm working with now isn't up to par.  Since our last spat about pricing I'm just keeping quiet since it seems I can track progress online good enough.  You'd think the fleet guys would have access to the VVR and I'm sure they do but are just lazy.  I'm all for buying direct from the manufacturer if that is ever possible. Don't need the middle man.  

2 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

On the home stretch. A few weeks ago I got scheduled for 8/8, praying I make it through Thursday. Still concerned with shipping times as I learned long beds have the same issues DRWs have, in that truckers don't like to take them because they take up extra room. In my opinion, these truckers shouldn't really have a choice. Trucks should get picked up in the order that they were brought to the trainyard depending on the location they are going to. 

Not really true about the long wheelbase trucks. More important is that the carrier drivers do NOT decide what vehicles to load for delivery. The transport company's dispatch department makes that decision based on specialized software programs that configure the combination of vehicles that will fill and fit the particular carrier. DRW's are the most restricted because they can only be loaded at the last trailer positions.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, River Wild said:

When I ordered my 17, my sales guy (fleet sales) updated me often.  He is no longer at the dealership and it's obvious the guy I'm working with now isn't up to par.  Since our last spat about pricing I'm just keeping quiet since it seems I can track progress online good enough.  You'd think the fleet guys would have access to the VVR and I'm sure they do but are just lazy.  I'm all for buying direct from the manufacturer if that is ever possible. Don't need the middle man.  

The fleet departments have the same access to Vehicle Visibility as the sales department. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

On the home stretch. A few weeks ago I got scheduled for 8/8, praying I make it through Thursday. Still concerned with shipping times as I learned long beds have the same issues DRWs have, in that truckers don't like to take them because they take up extra room. In my opinion, these truckers shouldn't really have a choice. Trucks should get picked up in the order that they were brought to the trainyard depending on the location they are going to. 

This to me makes no sense!  Eventually they all need to ship.   Since when do the truckers have a say in what there load is?

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not really true about the long wheelbase trucks. More important is that the carrier drivers do NOT decide what vehicles to load for delivery. The transport company's dispatch department makes that decision based on specialized software programs that configure the combination of vehicles that will fill and fit the particular carrier. DRW's are the most restricted because they can only be loaded at the last trailer positions.  

I gotcha, thank you for the insight. That is how I understood it originally. Maybe I misunderstood my dealer or maybe he just was not completely right. The way he told me I understood as the companies will choose not to take these trucks because they take up more room and the carriers carry less cars and that means less money. Good to know the long wheelbase trucks are maybe not as restricted!!! 

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

This to me makes no sense!  Eventually they all need to ship.   Since when do the truckers have a say in what there load is?

I was incorrect in my understanding, Ice explained above, although still frustrating that DRW trucks are restricted more. Feel bad for all the people with duals. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

I was incorrect in my understanding, Ice explained above, although still frustrating that DRW trucks are restricted more. Feel bad for all the people with duals. 

It's simply a matter of the DRW's being too wide to load anywhere but in the last trailer positions. Loads are configured to deliver the maximum number of vehicles headed to the same general location, although this varies depending on the ramp location and the Ford vehicles that are handled at that particular ramp. On average, dealerships receive vehicles from 4-6 different ramps with each ramp receiving vehicles from specific Ford plants. Most of the time, loads are sent out with all Ford vehicles but there are times when loads may include a mix of vehicles from other OEM's in order to fill the load with vehicles going to the same area. 

• Like 2

New Question?

I called Ford customer service #
She told me the order number on build sheet is inaccurate?

She said this happens? 
was curious if someone els out there experienced this?

I was trying to check my order through customer ford customer service because dealership going to voicemail. 
thx

Todd

I still good to wait just want to check in every few months. I ordered Feb 18th 2022

Edited by gotodd12

Has anyone had their trucks go into production the week before it was supposed to?  My last email showed production the week 8/8.  I just checked the tracking page and it is now showing in production but my window sticker is saying not available.  Is this just a glitch? Here is a screenshot. I feel like it’s a glitch since no date is listed under production.

80D00CC3-55AC-46B5-B560-C3365AA8AA5E.png

Edited by colecoop56

Argh!  Got an email this morning at 2:22 am that I have been bumped again.  My truck was scheduled for a Saturday build this week.  I think Saturday dates are synonymous with "we didn't get it done this week".  This is my second production bump with a few weeks between bumps.  I thought that I had made it this time but the lesson learned is that a bump can happen up to the day of build so folks, don't get your hopes up.  At least the email was polite and reassured me that my order was received in the thermometer status graph.

14 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

Has anyone had their trucks go into production the week before it was supposed to?  My last email showed production the week 8/8.  I just checked the tracking page and it is now showing in production but my window sticker is saying not available.  Is this just a glitch? Here is a screenshot. I feel like it’s a glitch since no date is listed under production.

When mine was serialised, the production date was the day it was built. It showed being "In Production" about 9-days before that, which was the date it was sent to the plant. The Window Sticker was available the following day.

17 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

This is odd, I was also scheduled for 8/8 in the email, however mine does not show in production as yours does. 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:37 PM, atlgtr04 said:

Ordered an F250 Platinum SRW on 11/29/21. I am a priority 2, with no VIN, and no communication from Ford corp outside of confirmation email. My dealer has done some digging, and Ford claims it is not getting schedule dues to LED headlights and the axle for the 10k towing package. 

My build is scheduled for the week of 8/22 clean and I have the LED headlights.

So, my truck has been sitting at the rail yard, an hour and a half from my dealership, for three weeks now. It is waiting for for the transport company to deliver. Of course I've been tracking and watching the whole time and I have come up with the following:

United Road has the contract to deliver my truck. As soon as the truck was built, United Road assigned a load number and made it visible. I have looked at other loads United Road has delivered to my dealership, and every vehicle on the truck has the same load number, telling me the number is not vehicle specific. This tells me United Road schedules loads long before the vehicles reach the final rail yard. I can only assume, if one of the vehicles, assigned the same load number is delayed getting to the final rail yard, the whole load is delayed. Several other trucks have been delivered from the rail yard since mine has arrived and some built after mine.

I have no idea if this is the case, just my best deductive reasoning.

20 minutes ago, pdough said:

So, my truck has been sitting at the rail yard, an hour and a half from my dealership, for three weeks now. It is waiting for for the transport company to deliver. Of course I've been tracking and watching the whole time and I have come up with the following:

United Road has the contract to deliver my truck. As soon as the truck was built, United Road assigned a load number and made it visible. I have looked at other loads United Road has delivered to my dealership, and every vehicle on the truck has the same load number, telling me the number is not vehicle specific. This tells me United Road schedules loads long before the vehicles reach the final rail yard. I can only assume, if one of the vehicles, assigned the same load number is delayed getting to the final rail yard, the whole load is delayed. Several other trucks have been delivered from the rail yard since mine has arrived and some built after mine.

Nothing happens until after the vehicle arrives at the destination ramp and the vehicle is transferred to the transport company (United Road). Vehicles are not assigned to a carrier load until the vehicle has been selected by United Road's dispatch department at the ramp. The load number references the trip number and carrier, not the individual vehicles that are loaded onto the carrier. 

31 minutes ago, pdough said:

I wish someone would/could come up with a valid reason as to why mine still sits at KTP, assuming that's where it really is. We really don't know where it is, other than it's not at the dealer, or in my driveway. 125 days now since built and no information other than rail delay. That's a crock of ?! There is absolutely no reason as to why it hasn't been delivered after nearly 5 months now. Supply chain issues my ass. If that's the case, then there should be ZERO trucks leaving KTP daily. But as we all know, they leave daily. Yes, I'm a little salty over the whole process, but who wouldn't be at this point?

Getting close to my anniversary 

ford sent 2 emails so far

1 confirmation 

1 -6 months in that it’s taking longer then anticipated 

I wish ford would just tell yes or no 

They will build my truck

if they do build it it will be last years model 

3 hours ago, F450 said:

Getting close to my anniversary 

ford sent 2 emails so far

1 confirmation 

1 -6 months in that it’s taking longer then anticipated 

I wish ford would just tell yes or no 

They will build my truck

if they do build it it will be last years model 

They will be building 2022 models into December 2022.  Orders open for 2023 models mid October with production likely January 2023