2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, alheinze said:

Hi all!  I am a long time GM owner and have ordered my first Ford.  

I ordered a F-250 King Ranch on 1/19/2022.  As of last week, my dealer said that I am listed as "Priority 2" and have been for a little over a month.  I check in with them every month now, and I think they are getting sick of me a bit.

I have a side bet with a sales person at another dealership for $100.  He doesn't think I will see my truck this year.  

What's the deal?  As a first time Ford buyer, this is extremely painful!

It's not just Ford. The entire industry is dealing with microchip shortages, supply change issues, commodity and plant restraints and transportation issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EJS1463 said:

Placed my order 12/31/21 for F250 KRU 6.7 Tremor package.  Last week I had a long discussion with the floor manager about my order and not hearing anything from Ford except confirmation on 1/1/22 and one email sorry for the delays.  He basically told me that with the 6.7 and the Tremor package the hold up was the high towing package that has to be added and the wheels on the Tremor package.  He said if I was willing to remove the Tremor package I would probably get built this year, otherwise it wasn't going to get built.  At this point of knowing when the next scheduling is and all of the issues with shipping why would I want to remove everything that I wanted to get a truck that is going to be a year old when I get it?  He did say that if I waited and it rolled to a 23 that it would be moved to the front on the line.  Have been a "Priority 2" since the first week of March.  At this point I am figure that it is not going to happen this year and that it will be a 23........the price protection is something that he is still trying to look into.  He thought that there would be a charge for the newer year model but Ford would make it right some way.  

It's still too early to know how Ford is going to handle any unscheduled 2022MY Super Duty orders. However, Ford published notices the other day for F-150 Lightning and Transit customers transitioning to 2023MY vehicles using "Private Offers" to compensate qualified customers. Otherwise, there's no information yet about price protection for F-150 Lightning and Transit orders that will transition to 2023MY retail orders. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, F450 said:

2 months ago salesmen said priority 10

i was shocked when manager ran it again and it was priority 2

I think he was shocked(25 years at dealer?)

Especially when he said he can not get regional ford rep to change it

A manager with 25 years' experience at the dealership saying that he can't get the Ford Zone Manager to re-prioritize a retail order is either lazy or incompetent. The Dealer could also have contacted the Regional Scheduler directly to make the change.  

Edited by ice-capades
Revised

31 minutes ago, F450 said:

Yes 

i know there are constraints 

but how ford and dealers handle it with me is what makes it a terrible experience 

There are information resources available that a lot of Dealers are either unaware of, or too lazy and/or incompetent to utilize. It takes a lot of time to monitor and properly manage the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and unfortunately, many dealerships don't have someone qualified and committed to do it. Too many just pass the blame to Ford or just tell the customer whatever they want to avoid actually supplying the facts to answer customer inquiries accurately.  

33 minutes ago, F450 said:

Yes 

i know there are constraints 

but how ford and dealers handle it with me is what makes it a terrible experience 

The dealer should be telling you where you are in their order queue and making sure when it’s your turn that you’re either at priority 10 or 2 if it’s an old order.  The dealer knows all the published commodity items that might be affecting your order.  All of that is on the dealer and Ford isn’t involved in those decisions.  If your dealer is t doing that you should use a different dealer.

From Ford’s standpoint - they truly do not know when an unscheduled order will be scheduled because they don’t know what’s going to happen with supply chain day to day much less month to month.  And they don’t know how your dealer will change their priorities.  So the only thing Ford can communicate is no change still waiting.  If you just want to hear that once a month to give you a warm and fuzzy that’s fine but they can’t give you any other actual info until it’s selected for scheduling.  They can’t tell you what they don’t know.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's not just Ford. The entire industry is dealing with microchip shortages, supply change issues, commodity and plant restraints and transportation issues. 

I have been ordering Ram 4500 Chasis Cabs for work trucks.  I know they are simpler trucks, but even now they have been coming in less than 4 months after order usually.  

20 minutes ago, alheinze said:

I have been ordering Ram 4500 Chasis Cabs for work trucks.  I know they are simpler trucks, but even now they have been coming in less than 4 months after order usually.  

Different suppliers and probably much less demand for those vs. Fords.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Different suppliers and probably much less demand for those vs. Fords.

Seems dumb, but its a lot easier to get the Rams than it is the Fords.  So many Ford F-450's get snatched up by municipalities or larger companies.  I just don't want a Ram for my personal vehicle.  

21 minutes ago, alheinze said:

Seems dumb, but its a lot easier to get the Rams than it is the Fords.  So many Ford F-450's get snatched up by municipalities or larger companies.  I just don't want a Ram for my personal vehicle.  

Thats like the old saying nobody ever goes there because it’s too crowded.

• Like 2

Warm and fuzzy feeling better then 

2 emails from ford and trying to get info from dealer

after a year they could keep in contact better ( ford and dealer)

have had better experience from other manufacturers that I ordered cars

Ordertrack.app shows the same for me but just received telephone call from dealership my truck is arriving on Monday.  Truck has already arrived by rail in Salt lake City and will then be transported by car-hauler to Idaho, Sunday night or early Monday AM.  Ford Vehicle Order Tracker just updated to "Final Preparation".

If timeline holds true this delivery will be 2 days earlier than Ford projected.  Order placed 12-10-2021.

Broke down and contacted dealer.  VVR says mine is in Blue Island IL, Burlington Northern/Santa Fe train.  Probably get to Portland end of month and to dealer mid/end Sept. My guy says he's seen them sit at the railyard for as long as 3 weeks or as little as 3-4 days.  

On 8/9/2022 at 3:43 PM, DNICE said:

Finally!! Congrats on a great truck. Did they treat you right?

Over-all they did. There was one small hiccup, but it was immediately corrected when I caught it. I'm happy and have a Ranger on order for my wife. It just got scheduled yesterday. Finally!

2 hours ago, River Wild said:

Broke down and contacted dealer.  VVR says mine is in Blue Island IL, Burlington Northern/Santa Fe train.  Probably get to Portland end of month and to dealer mid/end Sept. My guy says he's seen them sit at the railyard for as long as 3 weeks or as little as 3-4 days.  

Mine took 8 days from build day to arrival in Portland. It then sat at the rail yard for 3 weeks before it made the last 40 miles to the dealership.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, UT_Grandpa said:

Got my official bump email to the week of August 15th from Ford today after my dealer said I have a build date of August 16th.  I am hoping I have dodged the Saturday no build jinx.

Yep, it is official now.  Once I got off a Saturday build date and scheduled for a Tuesday date my truck in now in production with a green window sticker available.  A few modules are available, I suspect more will show up as soon as it moves down the assembly line.  It is scheduled for the correct state (UT) and has a "D" grade for Greenhouse Gas Rating but a B+ on the Smog Rating.

I didn't have any priority changes since the order was placed.  As some have said earlier, maybe they are building a batch of Lariat Ultimate trucks right now.  You can take a look at my signature line to see the progress and I know it is slower than some and faster than most but hang in there.  There really isn't anything to do if the order was properly made and accepted.  The 2023 trucks are likely not to be delivered before March-May 2023 if you ordered one.  Good luck to all.

Chip shortages are hurting used trucks also.  I have a friend that has a F-150 and the ECM died on his truck.  After trying a couple from a junkyard that didn't work, they ordered a new one for him.  It has been more than 6 months waiting for a new ECM replacement.  So I hope, the new trucks don't have a failure on a constrained part or our new trucks will become dealer lot fodder or a garage queen waiting for parts.

Quick question - I called my dealer today and dropped the heated steering wheel/rain sensing wipers that the dealer added when I ordered in March ( when I said I wanted heated/ventilated seats). Salesman told me no problem, just print and sign this new build sheet and it will be taken care of.  Only issue is, total price has gone up by a little over $2,000.   I haven’t printed nor signed the new order, because I’m afraid they will use that total as my “new” price.  Any suggestions on what to do?  I realize it is reflecting the price increase for the base truck itself and the tremor package, but it’s also $2k.   Please help me out if you can.  
22 F250 CrewCab Lariat Value Tremor with BAP

Edited by Wyo82

7 hours ago, Wyo82 said:

Quick question - I called my dealer today and dropped the heated steering wheel/rain sensing wipers that the dealer added when I ordered in March ( when I said I wanted heated/ventilated seats). Salesman told me no problem, just print and sign this new build sheet and it will be taken care of.  Only issue is, total price has gone up by a little over $2,000.   I haven’t printed nor signed the new order, because I’m afraid they will use that total as my “new” price.  Any suggestions on what to do?  I realize it is reflecting the price increase for the base truck itself and the tremor package, but it’s also $2k.   Please help me out if you can.  
22 F250 CrewCab Lariat Value Tremor with BAP

Retail orders are price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. This information has been posted countless times! Questions regarding price protection should be addressed directly to the sales manager. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders are price protected to the prices in effect on the original order date. This information has been posted countless times! Questions regarding price protection should be addressed directly to the sales manager. 

Thanks!   Unfortunately, my sales manager is quite useless.  Over the course of 3 weeks I have sent 6 emails and 8 phone calls to my sales manager, never heard a peep until I emailed the dealership owner directly.  Emailed the owner, had an email back from the sales manager an hour later!  

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

It's still too early to know how Ford is going to handle any unscheduled 2022MY Super Duty orders. However, Ford published notices the other day for F-150 Lightning and Transit customers transitioning to 2023MY vehicles using "Private Offers" to compensate qualified customers. Otherwise, there's no information yet about price protection for F-150 Lightning and Transit orders that will transition to 2023MY retail orders. 

I sincerely hope Ford figures out which 2022MY Super Duty orders they will not be able to build before the 2023MY order bank opens up so those customers have a chance to be first in line.   I'm not sure it is easy to explain what i mean.    IIRC the 2023MY order bank opens mid October.  If Ford can't build my 2022MY SD I would like to know before the 20223My order bank opens up.  I don't want to find out in November or December that I have to place a 2023MY and now I'm behind a bunch of orders that were already put in.