2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

39 minutes ago, Wyo82 said:

Thanks!   Unfortunately, my sales manager is quite useless.  Over the course of 3 weeks I have sent 6 emails and 8 phone calls to my sales manager, never heard a peep until I emailed the dealership owner directly.  Emailed the owner, had an email back from the sales manager an hour later!  

Hopefully the sales manager will now be more responsive, knowing that you'll contact the Dealer Principal if necessary. At some point he/she will realize that it's easier to provide you with the information you require. I would make sure that you have a signed sales agreement with vehicle specifications, pricing agreement, etc. to avoid issues later on. I would also recommend addressing the Ford's automatic price protection sooner, rather than later, as there are dealership's that will plead ignorance, claim it doesn't exist, can't be sure that Ford will pay it or will make you pay the price increase and wait to get reimbursed. Ford's price protection for retail orders has been in effect for decades and is included in every price increase notification that Ford announces. 

If you're not aware, your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes your complete order history and every scheduling, production and shipping status update through final delivery to the dealership.  

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

I sincerely hope Ford figures out which 2022MY Super Duty orders they will not be able to build before the 2023MY order bank opens up so those customers have a chance to be first in line.   I'm not sure it is easy to explain what i mean.    IIRC the 2023MY order bank opens mid October.  If Ford can't build my 2022MY SD I would like to know before the 20223My order bank opens up.  I don't want to find out in November or December that I have to place a 2023MY and now I'm behind a bunch of orders that were already put in. 

They have announced plans to do exactly that for other vehicles - schedule the carryover orders first.  But we won’t know for sure  until closer to job 1.

• Like 1

Picked up my 2022 F-350, CC, SB, Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White, 6.7L today! 

Here is my order timeline. It took almost a year but I can't claim to have waited that entire time ( I took over an abandoned order ). 

Order Confirmed 08/27/21

In Production 05/18/22

Built 05/18/22

Shipped 07/15/22

Arrived at Blue Island 07/18/22

Arrived at Spokane 08/02/22

Arrived at Dealership 08/12/22

Ready for Pickup 08/12/22

Received by me 08/13/22

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Today marks 137 days since built and still hasn't shipped. Tomorrow starts my 5th delivery week. Don't think it's gonna make it. 

Look at the upside at least yours is built. You could be like me coming up on 8 months and nothing but conformation. And then when ever I get scheduled and built I’m going to have to still wait for shipping.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, faulconer said:

Picked up my 2022 F-350, CC, SB, Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White, 6.7L today! 

Here is my order timeline. It took almost a year but I can't claim to have waited that entire time ( I took over an abandoned order ). 

Order Confirmed 08/27/21

In Production 05/18/22

Built 05/18/22

Shipped 07/15/22

Arrived at Blue Island 07/18/22

Arrived at Spokane 08/02/22

Arrived at Dealership 08/12/22

Ready for Pickup 08/12/22

Received by me 08/13/22

How much of a markup was it?

10 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

How much of a markup was it?

I paid about $2,500 over MSRP. I also took over another order (at MSRP) but it does not have a VIN yet. This was, by far, my cheapest option for getting a 22 in time to do some camping this year. 

IMG_1172.thumb.jpg.2ccf37685c702b2e4b4ba6367dae9e48.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

Edited by faulconer
Edited to add some pics.
  • Like 1

Year’s ago, you could special order a BMW, take delivery in Germany and visit the area.  Once done, BMW would ship it to your local dealer and it was done!

If my truck was sitting in a storage lot in Kentucky, I’d have no issue taking a flight there and making a road trip out of it to pick it up. Give me a tour of the factory, put me in a hotel for a night, and feed me a good steak!

Take off the $1800 destination fee and we are set!!! I’ll run it by my local dealer for a final inspection when I get back to the area!!!

• Like 1

I had similar thoughts when my Transit Connect spent a month on the dock in Spain waiting for a ship... I was shopping for some body parts to restore a British car, and shipping costs were a deal killer. Would have loved to load up my Transit Connect with parts at British prices then let Ford ship the whole lot to my local dealer. 

6 hours ago, DjMatrok said:

Year’s ago, you could special order a BMW, take delivery in Germany and visit the area.  Once done, BMW would ship it to your local dealer and it was done!

If my truck was sitting in a storage lot in Kentucky, I’d have no issue taking a flight there and making a road trip out of it to pick it up. Give me a tour of the factory, put me in a hotel for a night, and feed me a good steak!

Take off the $1800 destination fee and we are set!!! I’ll run it by my local dealer for a final inspection when I get back to the area!!!

You can still do that. You pick it up at BMW Welt (world) which is a huge museum in Munich. You pick it up at the end of the tour as you come down the giant escalators to the lobby and the car is on display and someone is there to go over every feature with you, then you drive out of the building and enjoy Europe. Porsche. MB, even Volvo does it. Volvo has it where you do a factory tour and you get to actually watch your car being built and you pick it up at factory. I had a fried pick his up in the early 2000s. I had a fried pick his M5 in Munich even though we were station in Germany. 

My truck has been sitting in KY for two months. I would love to take the trip since I am only 8 hours away to get my truck. 

55 minutes ago, J4thclass said:

You can still do that. You pick it up at BMW Welt (world) which is a huge museum in Munich. You pick it up at the end of the tour as you come down the giant escalators to the lobby and the car is on display and someone is there to go over every feature with you, then you drive out of the building and enjoy Europe. Porsche. MB, even Volvo does it. Volvo has it where you do a factory tour and you get to actually watch your car being built and you pick it up at factory. I had a fried pick his up in the early 2000s. I had a fried pick his M5 in Munich even though we were station in Germany. 

My truck has been sitting in KY for two months. I would love to take the trip since I am only 8 hours away to get my truck. 

So if your truck is completely built and just sitting in KY, is there any way for us to drive/fly out there and pick it up ourselves? I am sure the dealers don't like that idea, but was wondering if it is technically possible. 

29 minutes ago, traynoral said:

So if your truck is completely built and just sitting in KY, is there any way for us to drive/fly out there and pick it up ourselves? I am sure the dealers don't like that idea, but was wondering if it is technically possible. 

No.  

20 minutes ago, traynoral said:

Why is that? Even if you sign and take ownership of the truck beforehand?

Liability and contracts.  Dealers can’t even pick up vehicles from the local rail yard.  There are processes and procedures and contracts with the transport companies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monoman said:

All things that can change over time.   

Unless next morning when we woke up, the world is no longer running with greed and non-sense, then maybe just many we can bypass all these wait, and delay and pick it up directly. 

think about it’s almost $2k for the delivery fee and you think the rail company will get that go? 

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Liability and contracts.  Dealers can’t even pick up vehicles from the local rail yard.  There are processes and procedures and contracts with the transport companies.

You would think if there was a contract...they would have to hold up their end as well?

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 3:59 PM, bulldog5454 said:

Got this email from Ford a few minutes ago.  That certainly makes things better.

Dear xxxxx,

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Today, we wanted to give you an update on the status of your Super Duty F-250 Platinum order.

Unfortunately, continued supply chain issues are slowing things down. We’re working diligently to try and reduce these delays.

Now here’s our promise to you. We know that waiting for delivery of your Ford is far less fun than actually driving it. So, we commit to updating you as soon as we can, at least once every 45 days regarding your vehicle’s production schedule status. No matter what.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Well today is day #46 since I received this email.  And I'm being nice and not counting July 1st when I received it, otherwise it would be day 47.  Nothing from Ford, nothing from my dealer.  It would take one of their summer IT interns 10 minutes to write a bot that would send these emails and they can't even do that.   I bought my first Ford (71 Mustang) a month after I turned 16.  I've owned 2 Explorers and 4 F150s since then.  But I'm tired of waiting and not getting any younger.  I'm going to see what options are available from the dreaded competitors.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bulldog5454 said:

Well today is day #46 since I received this email.  And I'm being nice and not counting July 1st when I received it, otherwise it would be day 47.  Nothing from Ford, nothing from my dealer.  It would take one of their summer IT interns 10 minutes to write a bot that would send these emails and they can't even do that.   I bought my first Ford (71 Mustang) a month after I turned 16.  I've owned 2 Explorers and 4 F150s since then.  But I'm tired of waiting and not getting any younger.  I'm going to see what options are available from the dreaded competitors.

Have you talked to your Dealer or are you just relying on Ford e-mail communications? Does your Dealer know what you expect from them in regard to updates on your order status? Do you know what your Priority Code is? Do you know how many unscheduled retail orders are ahead of you at the dealership? If you haven't heard from your Dealer, let them know what you expect and make them do their job! Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes your complete order history along with scheduling, production and shipping updates as they become available. In addition, your Dealer has access to other resources that provide information on commodity and plant restraints and other factors that may be affecting the scheduling of your order. Don't rely on a sales representative to have answers to the information you require as most are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available. Talk directly to the sales manager or the manager responsible for managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank).