2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, bulldog5454 said:

Well today is day #46 since I received this email.  And I'm being nice and not counting July 1st when I received it, otherwise it would be day 47.  Nothing from Ford, nothing from my dealer.  It would take one of their summer IT interns 10 minutes to write a bot that would send these emails and they can't even do that.   I bought my first Ford (71 Mustang) a month after I turned 16.  I've owned 2 Explorers and 4 F150s since then.  But I'm tired of waiting and not getting any younger.  I'm going to see what options are available from the dreaded competitors.

i got an email like this saying same thing March 18.  Will get update every 45 days. As of today it’s been 115 days.   Ford can’t even keep there promise to send simple email updates!   CS is pathetic!  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Have you talked to your Dealer or are you just relying on Ford e-mail communications? Does your Dealer know what you expect from them in regard to updates on your order status? Do you know what your Priority Code is? Do you know how many unscheduled retail orders are ahead of you at the dealership? If you haven't heard from your Dealer, let them know what you expect and make them do their job! Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes your complete order history along with scheduling, production and shipping updates as they become available. In addition, your Dealer has access to other resources that provide information on commodity and plant restraints and other factors that may be affecting the scheduling of your order. Don't rely on a sales representative to have answers to the information you require as most are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available. Talk directly to the sales manager or the manager responsible for managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank).

I’m  sure he is stating Ford (not dealer) would keep him updated.  At

least that’s what I got out of my email in March.
  I’ve contacted Ford Marketing, my dealer salesperson and  manager many times.   Truthfully I don’t think I would know anything if I did t call. 

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

I’m  sure he is stating Ford (not dealer) would keep him updated.  At

least that’s what I got out of my email in March.
  I’ve contacted Ford Marketing, my dealer salesperson and  manager many times.   Truthfully I don’t think I would know anything if I did t call. 

Ditto.  I got this same email on the same day.

Based on recent history, I really didn't expect them to meet their communication commitment but it would have been nice.

I'm starting to watch for the announcements that the remaining 22 orders are to be confirmed with your dealer so that they can put you at the head of the line for a 23.

....at least I'm hoping for that!!!

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Have you talked to your Dealer or are you just relying on Ford e-mail communications? Does your Dealer know what you expect from them in regard to updates on your order status? Do you know what your Priority Code is? Do you know how many unscheduled retail orders are ahead of you at the dealership? If you haven't heard from your Dealer, let them know what you expect and make them do their job! Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes your complete order history along with scheduling, production and shipping updates as they become available. In addition, your Dealer has access to other resources that provide information on commodity and plant restraints and other factors that may be affecting the scheduling of your order. Don't rely on a sales representative to have answers to the information you require as most are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available. Talk directly to the sales manager or the manager responsible for managing their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank).

I've called my dealer.   But Ford said they would update every 45 days, "No Matter What".  That was their commitment, as they state in the email.  My dealer says the priority priority codes don't matter, that if they had everything to build my truck they would.  .  They won't tell me how many people are in front of me.  The dealer has never called me, I've called them at least 10 times.  It's ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, bulldog5454 said:

I've called my dealer.   But Ford said they would update every 45 days, "No Matter What".  That was their commitment, as they state in the email.  My dealer says the priority priority codes don't matter, that if they had everything to build my truck they would.  .  They won't tell me how many people are in front of me.  The dealer has never called me, I've called them at least 10 times.  It's ridiculous.

And sorry, I'm just venting.  Not yelling at anyone on this board.  Most of you have much more patience than I do.

44 minutes ago, bulldog5454 said:

Unfortunately, you're getting complete and utter BS from your Dealer. Priority codes are a critical factor in determining the order in which retail orders are scheduled but that means managing the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) which evidently your Dealer can't be bothered with. And refusing to return phone calls from customers requiring information on their factory ordered vehicles is totally unacceptable. If this is your experience so far, imagine how satisfying the service will be after you take delivery. I'd be making a lot of noise about the lack of communication, information, etc. and contacting the Dealer Principal directly, filing complaints with Ford, etc. It takes time and effort to manage the USOB properly and to keep customers informed but the rewards are satisfied, loyal customers that will refer other potential customers. Dealers just reinforce the bad reputation that they've created for themselves and make it that much more difficult for the rest.  

9 hours ago, Glenn in AZ said:

Ditto.  I got this same email on the same day.

Based on recent history, I really didn't expect them to meet their communication commitment but it would have been nice.

I'm starting to watch for the announcements that the remaining 22 orders are to be confirmed with your dealer so that they can put you at the head of the line for a 23.

....at least I'm hoping for that!!!

I got the same email, but I’m not mad at Ford for not sending me another email full of platitudes.  
As much as I want my KRU, it doesn’t matter whether or not it’s built as a 22 or a 23. I’m just waiting patiently for a build date or priority (hopefully) order placement for a 2023MY. 

Basis Ice-Capades post, I’ve emailed my sales manager and asked about priority code, orders ahead of me, and commodity / plant constraints. I’m curious to see his reply. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

I got the same email, but I’m not mad at Ford for not sending me another email full of platitudes.  
As much as I want my KRU, it doesn’t matter whether or not it’s built as a 22 or a 23. I’m just waiting patiently for a build date or priority (hopefully) order placement for a 2023MY. 

Basis Ice-Capades post, I’ve emailed my sales manager and asked about priority code, orders ahead of me, and commodity / plant constraints. I’m curious to see his reply. 

Yes, that would be interesting indeed.  If we all did that and posted the answers we got, I would bet that we would have a good laugh.

My time is up.  Six months and two days order date to dealership.  Unfortunately, I had to go another direction a couple months ago.  22 F-250 7.3L CCSB Lariat Ultimate, chrome package, LED's is here now and will likely be available tomorrow.  Dealer is staying real close to sticker.  I can provide details offline if anyone wants this truck.  In Minnesota.

Edited by gmerz

I finally gave in.  

Ordered F450 Platinum on 4/28/21

After 16 months and much thought and agony, I decided to drop AS to give my truck a chance to get built. 

Dropped AS on 8/16

8/17 got 01

8/18 got VIN and build date

None the less, I’m super excited!! 

Kind of ? 

• Like 2

Many thanks to this forum, moderators and participants .  Picked up my F250 on Tuesday from a large dealership in Idaho, I live in Montana.  Dealership honored the price agreement on my signed order sheet without question which included  PCO ($2K), Dealer discount ($500) and Price protection (PL245) from my 12-15-2021 order. 

Did not purchase extended warranty and mentioned "Flood Ford".  Dealership lowest offer for extended warranty was still $2,200 more than Flood Ford for a Premium plan, 7.3 gas engine, 7 year 100,000 miles option.

F250, CC, SB, 7.3 Lariat Ultimate, BAP (Kept bedliner)

• Like 1

Wow I thought I was taking long

8/26/21

i gave up at this point and was expecting to have to go and ordering 23 which I would not if they don’t price match

but at 819am this morning they emailed that my truck is scheduled for production and gave vin

week under 1 year anniversary.

it also was a f450 platinum 

with all the extras 

never took off anything because dealer never called me

Not to exited because by the time I get it,23s will be in production 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, F450 said:

Wow I thought I was taking long

8/26/21

i gave up at this point and was expecting to have to go and ordering 23 which I would not if they don’t price match

but at 819am this morning they emailed that my truck is scheduled for production and gave vin

week under 1 year anniversary.

it also was a f450 platinum 

with all the extras 

never took off anything because dealer never called me

Not to exited because by the time I get it,23s will be in production 

Congratulations on getting your truck scheduled. I also got the scheduling email this morning I’m  scheduled for The week of September 12th.?I’m only coming up on 8 months not as long as you. I really didn’t want a 23 from what I’ve seen the front ends are a ugly.

Edited by King ranch 62
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jfinn said:

I finally gave in.  

Ordered F450 Platinum on 4/28/21

After 16 months and much thought and agony, I decided to drop AS to give my truck a chance to get built. 

Dropped AS on 8/16

8/17 got 01

8/18 got VIN and build date

None the less, I’m super excited!! 

Kind of ? 

Congratulations ???? 

• Like 1

Ordered 12/6/2021 CCSW KR 6.7 Ultimate Pkg, Spoke to the sales manager yesterday concerning the constraints on my order. Currently- sun roof, LED headlights,

5W PP and engine are effecting my build. Was hoping for an email this morning but no joy. Dropped spray in bed liner and hard tonneau cover in Feb.

Congratulation to all who got their email this morning. Truly jealous!!!!  

3 hours ago, Nutz said:

Ordered 12/6/2021 CCSW KR 6.7 Ultimate Pkg, Spoke to the sales manager yesterday concerning the constraints on my order. Currently- sun roof, LED headlights,

5W PP and engine are effecting my build. Was hoping for an email this morning but no joy. Dropped spray in bed liner and hard tonneau cover in Feb.

Congratulation to all who got their email this morning. Truly jealous!!!!  

Hang in there.?