2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

I saw they were scheduling two weeks of builds and got all giddy when an email showed up today from Ford. It was the cookie cutter “sorry supply chain is a mess” email. Grrrrr.  

Lariat Ultimate F-250 6.7

- No AS, 5WP, bed liner, etc

Ordered 3/8/22

Unscheduled clean

Bumped to priority 02 sometime in July ish

The wait continues! Congratulations to those who received their happy email today.

Does anyone know what it would take to bump from priority 02 to priority 01?  I assume it’s mainly for the poor souls who ordered a year ago or had a truck totaled in transit. I know I’m hardly the oldest order in the queue right now. 

Edited by le engineer

Hey guys keep holding out hope. I check in here a couple times a week just to see what's going on. I finally got my build date yesterday and couldn't believe it (9/19/22). I ordered mine on 11/12/2021 and have patiently waited while deleting options. Luckily I have a truck (that will be going for sale once the build is done)

Ordered

F250 KRU Star white

Deleted

Bed Liner

Adaptive Steering

5th Wheel package

sunroof 

Massage Seats (they suck anyway IMO)

Soon to be for sale 

2017 F350 DRW Platinum in star white

Has basically everything you can put on it

74,000 miles

I got my build week estimate of 8/22/22 through Ford Customer Service. On 8/18, I called again and was told it was in "Production". I checked the Ford Order Tracking site and it was updated, but no window sticker. This morning, still no window sticker. But when I used the Ordertrack App, I was able to print the window sticker. So as of right now, it looks like I'm one of the fortunate ones as far as the timeline the dealer gave me of 6-8 months (at least for build, who knows how long to ship) when I ordered 3/7/22. My build is a Rapid Red F350 Lariat Ultimate CCLB 6.7 3.55 locking differential chrome package, quad beam headlights, 5wp, moonroof and a few other things. I've gotten all my info through Ford Customer Service. I haven't even heard from the dealer. Evidently they prefer not to participate in the COVP. So don't lose hope (I know that rings hollow with those of you that have been waiting so much longer). Hopefully pics will be coming soon.

For those interested in vehicles scheduled, built, shipped and delivered with a variety of commodity restraints.

2022 F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab, 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Diesel, Lariat Trim, etc. 

• 02/10/2022 - Order Submitted
  • 06/16/2022 - Scheduled (Priority Code 02)
  • 08/01/2022 - Produced
  • 08/02/2022 - Released
  • 08/11/2022 - Arrived @ Ramp 8F
  • 08/17/2022 - Shipped Convoy
  • 08/18/2022 - Delivered

1FT8X3DT0NEF01159_WS.pdf

1FT8X3DT0NEF01159_WS.jpg

1FT8X3DT0NEF01159_Vehicle Visibility_Full History.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 4

On 8/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, scubaB said:

Finally got my scheduled email today for 9/26 production.  Ordered 2/4/22

F-350 LWB

KRU Star White

I’m sure I’ll get bumped but this was the first communication I’ve had from Ford since March.

Welcome to the forum.

I waited almost 9 months for my F-450 and never did receive any communications directly from Ford. Since I purchased the truck from my local dealer, it is their job to provide customer service and keep me informed of progress. Your dealer has all the information available, make them provide updates. My dealer provided weekly updates.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, F450 said:

Wow I thought I was taking long

8/26/21

i gave up at this point and was expecting to have to go and ordering 23 which I would not if they don’t price match

but at 819am this morning they emailed that my truck is scheduled for production and gave vin

week under 1 year anniversary.

it also was a f450 platinum 

with all the extras 

never took off anything because dealer never called me

Not to exited because by the time I get it,23s will be in production 

Hopefully, you will have it delivered sooner. To give you some hope, mine was delivered to the dealer (Metro Vancouver BC) less than 6 weeks after I got scheduled and received the VIN. 

367 days ago I received an order confirmation via email

367 days later I received the following email:

As promised, we want to update you on the status of your Super Duty F-350 Limited order. We are still experiencing delays due to the supply chain challenges that Ford and our industry are facing at this time.

Please understand that while getting your vehicle into production is taking longer than usual, we are doing all we can to minimize the delays.

There’s nothing we want more than to deliver your new Super Duty F-350 Limited. We are fully committed to keeping you updated on your vehicle’s status, and will let you know as more information becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience, and truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

I know Ice-capades has provided many suggestions but frankly I give up. I hate the dealer I ordered from and frankly I'm just done...*waves white flag*

• Angry 1

Well, after a long and arduous wait, (ordered and confirmed 2/7/2022) I’ve finally received the email from Ford that my truck is scheduled to be built the week of Sept. 26th. No word from my dealer yet. What I’m wondering is given my close proximity to Louisville (150 miles) if it will not hit a rail car and go straight to a truck convoy? 

‘22 250 CC SB FX4 lariat ultimate 6.7, 3.55 w/ locker, star white, HD Payload, ultimate camera pkg, adaptive cruise, power running boards, LED headlights, sup. Heat, rain-sensing wipers, cab lights, upfitter sw.

I’d like to thank everyone on this forum including ice-capades for all the insight. Fingers crossed she gets built on time!

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Read the latest information in the 2022MY F-Series Super Duty Production Information forum. 

I see it is for trucks built after 9/5. I have two KRU that have been in production since 8/2 and 8/4. The modules populated last weekend but now both status on the VVR say in production sent off site. Do you think it could possibly to hold them to install the multi contour seats or is that wishful thinking? Or is it more likely that we are just stuck waiting on another chip or part? Both of our window stickers showed the multi contour seat deletes originally but now our window stickers have not been visible on the tracking this whole week. 

57 minutes ago, colecoop56 said:

I see it is for trucks built after 9/5. I have two KRU that have been in production since 8/2 and 8/4. The modules populated last weekend but now both status on the VVR say in production sent off site. Do you think it could possibly to hold them to install the multi contour seats or is that wishful thinking? Or is it more likely that we are just stuck waiting on another chip or part? Both of our window stickers showed the multi contour seat deletes originally but now our window stickers have not been visible on the tracking this whole week. 

There are additional posts, related to the Multi-Contour Seats matter, in the same thread with specific production information for earlier production weeks. 

30 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

There are additional posts, related to the Multi-Contour Seats matter, in the same thread with specific production information for earlier production weeks. 

I gotcha. That figures. Just wanted to check. Is it weird to be in production for 18 days? And now I know it’s sitting offsite with status as still in production.  Did not have any constraint items. 

1 hour ago, colecoop56 said:

I gotcha. That figures. Just wanted to check. Is it weird to be in production for 18 days? And now I know it’s sitting offsite with status as still in production.  Did not have any constraint items. 

It could be a reporting error but not likely if the information you have is from Vehicle Visibility which is very accurate. More likely is that there's a chip, a component or other work that needs to be done before the vehicle can be released. There are also a couple of recent New Vehicle Delivery Hold items that could be a factor.

Alert_2022-08-02_22S09-S4_2022MY Super Duty_Delivery Hold_Windshield Glass Reattachment.jpg

Alert_2022-08-10_22S09-S4_2022MY Super Duty_Delivery Hold_Underbody Insulator.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

It could be a reporting error but not likely if the information you have is from Vehicle Visibility which is very accurate. More likely is that there's a chip, a component or other work that needs to be done before the vehicle can be released. There are also a couple of recent New Vehicle Delivery Hold items that could be a factor.

Alert_2022-08-02_22S09-S4_2022MY Super Duty_Delivery Hold_Windshield Glass Reattachment.jpg

Alert_2022-08-10_22S09-S4_2022MY Super Duty_Delivery Hold_Underbody Insulator.jpg

Thank you for this information.

6 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

I am 24 days in production with a VVR status of sent offsite. Did you have wheel well liners or the spray in bedliner? I believe both are done at GFX. So I am kinda in the same boat. Was told any day now the bedliner should be installed and it should be released for delivery. Who knows.

34 minutes ago, Blackhawk23 said:

I am 24 days in production with a VVR status of sent offsite. Did you have wheel well liners or the spray in bedliner? I believe both are done at GFX. So I am kinda in the same boat. Was told any day now the bedliner should be installed and it should be released for delivery. Who knows.

I did not have a bedliner but I did have rear wheel liners. Maybe that’s the cause ?‍♂️

Has anybody that has taken delivery of their truck that was suppose to get the MC seats but did not get any discounts from dealer besides the 300 dollar credit from ford? I am to pick up my truck soon and will be fighting tooth and nail for more then just that 300 bucks with no work around or say so. 

I also got scheduled on Thursday for Sept. 26.  Ordered 1/29/22.  250 CCSB 6.7 Platinum with extras like clearance lights, bed step, moon roof, console vault.  Advised not to order AS.  

Lifelong F150 owner moving up to Super Duty and 5th wheel camping.  Ordered a camper before the truck not having a clue about how bad things were at the time or how much worse they were about get.  

Joined this forum - learned a lot.  Dropped 5 prep and bed liner back when it was all the rage.

Shortly after learning camper was ready soon,  took the opportunity to buy an Anti Blue XLT ult. F350 CCLB 6.7 that someone ordered and passed on.  Paid MSRP minus 2500 customer loyalty.  Figured why not?  The way things are, buying a brand new XLT to drive and pull with while I wait for the Platinum - with the intention of trading/selling the XLT with a few thousand miles on it for a potential profit actually makes financial sense.  Took the wife a little longer than me to wrap her head around that!  I then put 5 prep back on the order.

Can't wait to see what the dealer offers me to trade it IF/WHEN the new one gets built and shipped.  Or maybe I'll sell the XLT myself if I find a buyer willing to wait with me? Central PA.

17 hours ago, J4thclass said:

Has anybody that has taken delivery of their truck that was suppose to get the MC seats but did not get any discounts from dealer besides the 300 dollar credit from ford? I am to pick up my truck soon and will be fighting tooth and nail for more then just that 300 bucks with no work around or say so. 

Ford provided very specific information on the availability and timing for the Multi-Contour Seats and is providing the credit for vehicles produced without the feature. The Dealer had no control over which units would be produced with or without the feature.

• Like 1