2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 8/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, Rangers09 said:

Welcome to the forum.

I waited almost 9 months for my F-450 and never did receive any communications directly from Ford. Since I purchased the truck from my local dealer, it is their job to provide customer service and keep me informed of progress. Your dealer has all the information available, make them provide updates. My dealer provided weekly updates.

Thank you!

My dealer has been good…. And my salesman answers my questions promptly when I ask. I actually just put it out of my mind and haven’t really worried about but I’ve followed this forum and have looked forward to Thursdays wondering if it would be my day! Now back to waiting!

• Like 1

My sales person hasn’t contacted me since my order 14 Feb. Truck went into production just before the summer break and ended up being built 21 July. I went to the dealership and learned my salesperson had a major medical emergency and was in a coma for some time, but has since made a full recovery.  This won’t be the same experience for everyone, but before we speak ill of our salespeople, remember they are human beings too. Some may be sleazy, but some are good people too.  

• Like 1

Emailed my sales rep at the dealership. Asked: “if I don’t get in the build process for MY22, will they roll me into MY23 with price protection?”

They said yes and they will price protect.

I know quite a few of y’all have been on order since 2021. Mine hasn’t been that long, but I definitely miss having a truck!

It still doesn’t make sense to buy a used one that is $10k+ over MSRP….

30 minutes ago, DjMatrok said:

Emailed my sales rep at the dealership. Asked: “if I don’t get in the build process for MY22, will they roll me into MY23 with price protection?”

They said yes and they will price protect.

I know quite a few of y’all have been on order since 2021. Mine hasn’t been that long, but I definitely miss having a truck!

It still doesn’t make sense to buy a used one that is $10k+ over MSRP….

Ford has not yet issued a statement on how they will address unscheduled retail 2022MY Super Duty orders. Orders do not automatically get converted to the following Model Year, but Ford will provide information as to what the process will be for Dealers to handle the unscheduled retail 2022MY Super Duty orders. There are several different programs for other vehicle lines and in some cases, Ford will be issuing incentives via cash certificates. Ford's price protection policy applies only to within a single Model Year. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.   

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DjMatrok said:

? So, my dealer rep basically stuck their foot in their mouth? I’ll be curious to see what ends up happening.

They could be saying they’ll give you your original price regardless.  That’s up to them.  Price protection is between the dealer and Ford.

• Like 1

Well, missed the 5th delivery week attempt. No new email ensuring my satisfaction as of yet.148 days and counting awaiting shipment. I'm absolutely baffled at to why it's taking this long at this point. There comes a point in time you realize it just isn't going to happen, and just have to walk away. I'm fast approaching that time. No one wants a truck that has been sitting, exposed to the elements for, what will be 6 months, or possibly longer by the time it arrives...and that's if it actually arrives next delivery window. Very disappointed, very frustrated at the whole process. I'd have rather waited on a vin, build etc, than to have been built for almost 6 months and have it sit. There is a whole host of issues that it can possibly have now from sitting. The Bronco debacle and Ice Mountain proves that point. 

Update

Received latest shipping email. This time it is a 2 week bump instead of my obligatory 30 days like usual. 

Edited by Big Jon

1 hour ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

It was built 21 July, now I’m one the lucky ones to join the delayed delivery crew. ?

0DE47ABB-BCE2-4E88-BA51-96B61AFE5CCB.jpeg

Mines headed to East Tx. Comes thru here to get to Houston. My dates are a weekish before yours for delivery for the 6th time now. Possible they're on the same train. But, don't get your hopes up on those dates sticking. Trust me on that!

47 minutes ago, Big Jon said:

Mines headed to East Tx. Comes thru here to get to Houston. My dates are a weekish before yours for delivery for the 6th time now. Possible they're on the same train. But, don't get your hopes up on those dates sticking. Trust me on that!

I've been following you, not sure how you are keeping it together, there is not enough whiskey for me to go through what you are going through . ?

• Haha 1

Had my 250 go into production at the Kentucky Plant on 8.12, a Friday. And it STILL isn’t showing built. Slightly confused as to how that happens. I’m assuming they’re waiting on parts but that seems weird since I got on the line. I figure that would’ve meant they had the parts required. Oh well. Putting more and more miles on my trade in, have a trip planned for October but looks like the chances of taking the new truck are slipping away unless I get extremely lucky with shipping. Which I may because I’m in between Kentucky and DC and the upper east coast. Hoping that means lots of trucks coming through my area. Honestly just hoping I have it by Christmas at this point. 

4 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Had my 250 go into production at the Kentucky Plant on 8.12, a Friday. And it STILL isn’t showing built. Slightly confused as to how that happens. I’m assuming they’re waiting on parts but that seems weird since I got on the line. I figure that would’ve meant they had the parts required. Oh well. Putting more and more miles on my trade in, have a trip planned for October but looks like the chances of taking the new truck are slipping away unless I get extremely lucky with shipping. Which I may because I’m in between Kentucky and DC and the upper east coast. Hoping that means lots of trucks coming through my area. Honestly just hoping I have it by Christmas at this point. 

I'm sharing your confusion.  Window sticker available 8/4.  Status "In production", BCE  Modules populated, and Ford Pass Acitvate button appeared all on 8/12.  No updates since, still showing in production. Then late last week the window sticker is suddenly no longer available.  Tracking site says "Check back later.  Window Sticker not released for this vehicle".  

22 minutes ago, Hahnsolo said:

Can anyone explain to me what it means when my status is sent off site? I’m currently still in production from last week and when I call Ford they say it was sent off site with an est. delivery date of 9/15

to install some aftermarket part, For example, Bed liner, wheel liner, mud flaps. 

1 hour ago, PineNut said:

I'm sharing your confusion.  Window sticker available 8/4.  Status "In production", BCE  Modules populated, and Ford Pass Acitvate button appeared all on 8/12.  No updates since, still showing in production. Then late last week the window sticker is suddenly no longer available.  Tracking site says "Check back later.  Window Sticker not released for this vehicle".  

Just checked my window sticker and it has been taken away like yours. I literally have a screenshot of it. Some changes must be happening. I wonder if it’s at all related to the multi contour seats. Maybe they pushed us back and we will have the seats lol

21 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Just checked my window sticker and it has been taken away like yours. I literally have a screenshot of it. Some changes must be happening. I wonder if it’s at all related to the multi contour seats. Maybe they pushed us back and we will have the seats lol

I don’t know I have seen others trucks being shipped so I don’t know 

23 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Hope that is it in your case.  My truck is a Lariat with no MC seats.  In the words of a well know movie character:  "I've got a bad feeling about this"........................

On 8/23/2022 at 9:18 AM, DjMatrok said:

? So, my dealer rep basically stuck their foot in their mouth? I’ll be curious to see what ends up happening.

Negative, I'll suggest you have a quality and honourable dealer.

Although my truck is now built and delivered, I had the same discussion with my Sales Manager back in March. He assured me that if my F-450 wasn't built as a 22MY, he would ensure it was ordered immediately the 23MY order bank opened, he would lobby his Regional Manager to get the priority to 1 or 2 and he would guarantee our original price agreement and trade-in value.

He may have lost money on that particular deal, if Ford didn't provide price protection to the 23MY, but he knows the value of long-term customers and how to keep them happy.

• Like 1