2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Is it normal practice for some dealers to not change priority codes once the order is placed in COVP?  Dealer salesman texted me today about buying a cancelled order, and I asked him if my priority code was still 13, same as when I placed it months ago.  His response was “ yes, priority code is still the same, we don’t change them here.”   Just curious if this is standard in most cases or just an example of poor order bank management by sales manager.  

52 minutes ago, Wyo82 said:

Is it normal practice for some dealers to not change priority codes once the order is placed in COVP?  Dealer salesman texted me today about buying a cancelled order, and I asked him if my priority code was still 13, same as when I placed it months ago.  His response was “ yes, priority code is still the same, we don’t change them here.”   Just curious if this is standard in most cases or just an example of poor order bank management by sales manager.  

To put it politely, it's poor USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) management which unfortunately is all too common. At this point in the 2022 Model Year, depending on how many other unscheduled retail orders are in the USOB with lower priority codes, an order at priority code 13 may not get scheduled. In addition, as it gets late in the Model Year, the higher the risk that certain commodities will balance out early.

FYI... Priority Codes are managed in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system.     

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

To put it politely, it's poor USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) management which unfortunately is all too common. At this point in the 2022 Model Year, depending on how many other unscheduled retail orders are in the USOB with lower priority codes, an order at priority code 13 may not get scheduled. In addition, as it gets late in the Model Year, the higher the risk that certain commodities will balance out early.

FYI... Priority Codes are managed in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system.     

That’s kind of what I figured.  This dealer has been piss poor on communications and everything else.   The sales manager is utterly worthless, you have to email or call and talk to the dealer principal to even get a response from the sales manager- and then he couldn’t even tell me where I was on their order list - he said “we have no way of knowing how many are in front of you or behind on the order list”……   I should’ve seen this one coming!  

Edited by Wyo82

Originally scheduled for production week of Aug 8th but then pushed to Aug 15th. Tonight I received the email below. I can only hope it pushes to Sept 5th and I get my seats the way I ordered them.

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Super Duty F-350 King Ranch order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of August 15, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.

20 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Just checked my window sticker and it has been taken away like yours. I literally have a screenshot of it. Some changes must be happening. I wonder if it’s at all related to the multi contour seats. Maybe they pushed us back and we will have the seats lol

@ice-capades any idea why they would remove a window sticker? Just curious if you might have some insight on this. To be honest I haven’t really noticed orders taking more than a couple days to produce, not only has mine been in production for 2 weeks but also now I can’t see my window sticker anymore. Is what it is, just curious. 

Since today is scheduling day and I don't really expect to hear that my truck got scheduled, I've been reviewing what the process looks like to the dealer and what information is available to them.  Seems pretty simple.  I many posts, I've seen something called "previewing" which seems to be a detailed scheduling process where Ford schedulers see if a group of orders will fit in the week's production with the least problems.  Apparently, these orders that are "previewing" are visible to the dealers.

My questions are:

1.  Where does the dealer look to see if a particular order is "previewing"?

2.  I assume that "previewing" happens earlier in the week.  Which day(s)?

Thanks!!

52 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

@ice-capades any idea why they would remove a window sticker? Just curious if you might have some insight on this. To be honest I haven’t really noticed orders taking more than a couple days to produce, not only has mine been in production for 2 weeks but also now I can’t see my window sticker anymore. Is what it is, just curious. 

Post the VIN number in the Window Stickers Request forum and I'll take a look. I'm on my way out and probably won't be back until mid to late this afternoon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Glenn in AZ said:

Since today is scheduling day and I don't really expect to hear that my truck got scheduled, I've been reviewing what the process looks like to the dealer and what information is available to them.  Seems pretty simple.  I many posts, I've seen something called "previewing" which seems to be a detailed scheduling process where Ford schedulers see if a group of orders will fit in the week's production with the least problems.  Apparently, these orders that are "previewing" are visible to the dealers.

My questions are:

1.  Where does the dealer look to see if a particular order is "previewing"?

2.  I assume that "previewing" happens earlier in the week.  Which day(s)?

Thanks!!

1. Regular, allocation based scheduling is done on Thursday's. COVP verified retail orders can schedule at any time with priority scheduling and incremental allocation.
  2. Ford generates "AM Preview Results Reports" weekday mornings (usually Tuesday - Thursday) that Dealers can access. It shows orders selected for scheduling and also shows commodity and plant constraints for orders not selected for scheduling. Orders selected are also identified in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Hahnsolo said:

What is the average time? No bedliner just 5wp and I guess the dually comes with mud flaps 

My truck was built on 8/18 and sent offsite the same day - verified by dealer.  I had mudflaps and rear wheel liners.  Got the Ford email telling my truck was built today (8/25) and is scheduled for delivery 9/12-9/18.  We shall see.  From scheduled day to built was 6 days.  From order to built was almost 6 months.  Now to get serious about selling my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins.  I have had several people ask me if it was for sale.  The Gen 2 trucks are really desirable, no pollution controls, 24 valve engine, just solid trucks.

23 minutes ago, UT_Grandpa said:

My truck was built on 8/18 and sent offsite the same day - verified by dealer.  I had mudflaps and rear wheel liners.  Got the Ford email telling my truck was built today (8/25) and is scheduled for delivery 9/12-9/18.  We shall see.  From scheduled day to built was 6 days.  From order to built was almost 6 months.  Now to get serious about selling my 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins.  I have had several people ask me if it was for sale.  The Gen 2 trucks are really desirable, no pollution controls, 24 valve engine, just solid trucks.

Lucky.  Mine was put in production 8/2. Built 8/12 and sent off site 8/12.  Its been crickets every since. I was hoping for a shipped email this week.

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

I was cruising through the FTE forum this morning and noted several posts concering the disappearing window sticker.  Will be interesting to see if Ice-capades can come up with anything.  Hopefully it's just a broken program........

2 hours ago, PineNut said:

I was cruising through the FTE forum this morning and noted several posts concering the disappearing window sticker.  Will be interesting to see if Ice-capades can come up with anything.  Hopefully it's just a broken program........

Gave my dealer a call who is super helpful. He noted my truck was built on the 12th and sent offsite either waiting for rail or maybe getting some extras installed. He is unsure why the sticker isn’t there but said he’s sure it’ll come back. I’d give your dealer a call to see if you got built! My ETA for shipment to begin is September 10

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KonevTremor said:

I was going thru my "new vehicle guide" on the tracker page and noticed that there is an option on it that I didnt order.... Adaptive Cruise Control. It shows that I have the feature on my truck but i certainly didnt order it with one. 

image.thumb.png.c98410e8b61efa1aef2f84081944bc38.png

The windows sticker will be the definitive list of options. Best to wait for that than go by the options/configuration shown on the tracker page.

My dealer responded to my email and said I’ve been changed to a Priority 2. It’s a big dealer, so there are about 45 other Priority 2 Super Duties currently awaiting a VIN. 
My order no longer has the 91X MC Seat Delete code, so if/when it’s picked up by Ford for production, I should have that feature. 

KRU - Antimatter Blue / Chrome Package

Didn't want to risk delays, so I did not order extras

Ordered Feb 26

Confirmation Feb 28

I hate to read about all of the issues many of you are having, but it helps me temper my expectations with the whole process. 

I’ll update when something else happens. 

55 minutes ago, CAMO said:

Did scheduling happen today, haven’t seen anyone say they got notified across three separate forums which is super weird? 

I sure hope it got pushed to tomorrow. I’ll be a sad panda if I miss another two week block of scheduling sitting at priority 02!

I am in the same boat, had build week of 8/15, tracker shows in production 8/21, modules got populated, and the next dang day they announced the 9/5 date for the return of the MC seats.  After a 9 month wait I would definitely wait an additional two weeks to get the seats I wanted!  No movement in production all week, got the sorry for the delay email last night and then my window sticker disappeared of of the tracker, but is still on the Ordertrack.app site.  Fingers crossed the delay means seats, but I am not holding my breath.

Edited by 22Tremor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

My dealer responded to my email and said I’ve been changed to a Priority 2. It’s a big dealer, so there are about 45 other Priority 2 Super Duties currently awaiting a VIN. 
My order no longer has the 91X MC Seat Delete code, so if/when it’s picked up by Ford for production, I should have that feature. 

KRU - Antimatter Blue / Chrome Package

Didn't want to risk delays, so I did not order extras

Ordered Feb 26

Confirmation Feb 28

I hate to read about all of the issues many of you are having, but it helps me temper my expectations with the whole process. 

I’ll update when something else happens. 

I pretty much have the same truck mine just got scheduled for the week of the 12th king ranch ultimate CC/SRW/LB 6.7 ordered 1/13/22

Edited by King ranch 62
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 22Tremor said:

I am in the same boat, had build week of 8/15, tracker shows in production 8/21, modules got populated, and the next dang day they announced the 9/5 date for the return of the MC seats.  After a 9 month wait I would definitely wait an additional two weeks to get the seats I wanted!  No movement in production all week, got the sorry for the delay email last night and then my window sticker disappeared of of the tracker, but is still on the Ordertrack.app site.  Fingers crossed the delay means seats, but I am not holding my breath.

same here. Been In production since 8/2. Nothing since. It’s a KRU. My original sticker showed the multi contour delete but now the sticker is unavailable. I’m hoping mine will magically appears with the multi contour seats. 

3 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I pretty much have the same truck mine just got scheduled for the week of the 12th king ranch ultimate CC/SRW/LB 6.7 ordered 1/13/22

2 hours ago, colecoop56 said:

same here. Been In production since 8/2. Nothing since. It’s a KRU. My original sticker showed the multi contour delete but now the sticker is unavailable. I’m hoping mine will magically appears with the multi contour seats. 

At least they’re getting around to building some Kings! Hopefully I’ll hear something soon!?