2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

10 hours ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

My truck was built 21 July and is still waiting to ship. When I login to Ford to view the status, the window sticker is no longer available. Anyone else experience this? 

I have the same build date, but my window sticker is still showing. Got another push today on my estimated delivery date.

On 8/30/2022 at 2:47 PM, KSC502 said:

Originally scheduled for production week of Aug 8th but then pushed to Aug 15th. On 8/24 I received the email below. I can only hope it pushes to Sept 5th and I get my seats the way I ordered them. My Window sticker is also no longer viewable. Anybody else get the message below with no new date?

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Super Duty F-350 King Ranch order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of August 15, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am in the same boat as you with my order.  Had a build week of 8/15, tracker shows in production 8/21, I received this same email on 8/24.  Window sticker on the  ford tracker went away but still available on OrderTrack.app both the ford tracker options and the window sticker show the delete.  I am hoping that it has something to do with the announcement of the seats and we still might get them, but with the modules already being populated I am sure that we won't.  After waiting almost 10 months, my order was confirmed 12/1/2021 I definitely would have waited two more weeks to get the seats I wanted.

The Super Duty Gods have smiled upon me. Built 8/30 and at the dealer 9/1. I’m over 300 miles from the plant, so I figured it would be getting a train ride, but it came all the way with Jack Cooper. Maybe I got a tag along with somebody’s dually. Don’t lose hope!

977A1702-48C9-4591-8498-59AC7243D674.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, le engineer said:

Get the sales manager on the phone. If he doesn’t want to play ball, inform him that any further games will result in a social media shitstorm about fucking veterans with his full name and phone number all over it. 

Just got an email. I’m scheduled for building the week of 10.24.22! Woot woot!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, elltee said:

The Super Duty Gods have smiled upon me. Built 8/30 and at the dealer 9/1. I’m over 300 miles from the plant, so I figured it would be getting a train ride, but it came all the way with Jack Cooper. Maybe I got a tag along with somebody’s dually. Don’t lose hope!

977A1702-48C9-4591-8498-59AC7243D674.jpeg

Congrats! Good looking truck!!

• Like 1

@ice-capades I know the VVR is supposed show the details of constraints etc, but are you tracking any reason why it appears king ranches and platinum's don't seem to be getting scheduled. In way Ford does their logistics, the system is designed to penalize these higher builds. One week we may be missing a headlight so we are skipped over and in the scheduling process a new constraint will exist because they built newer orders without holding back parts to remedy passed over "older orders".   Appreciate the insight

21 hours ago, 22Tremor said:

I am in the same boat as you with my order.  Had a build week of 8/15, tracker shows in production 8/21, I received this same email on 8/24.  Window sticker on the  ford tracker went away but still available on OrderTrack.app both the ford tracker options and the window sticker show the delete.  I am hoping that it has something to do with the announcement of the seats and we still might get them, but with the modules already being populated I am sure that we won't.  After waiting almost 10 months, my order was confirmed 12/1/2021 I definitely would have waited two more weeks to get the seats I wanted.

Only one of my modules populated, not both. PCE still not populated.

8 hours ago, CAMO said:

@ice-capades I know the VVR is supposed show the details of constraints etc, but are you tracking any reason why it appears king ranches and platinum's don't seem to be getting scheduled. In way Ford does their logistics, the system is designed to penalize these higher builds. One week we may be missing a headlight so we are skipped over and in the scheduling process a new constraint will exist because they built newer orders without holding back parts to remedy passed over "older orders".   Appreciate the insight

Other than the microchip hold, the Vehicle Visibility reports do NOT include commodity or plant constraint information. Commodity and plant constraint information is available to Dealers via e-mail communications sent out by the Centralized Field Order Scheduling (CFOS) representatives and by the AM Preview Scheduling Reports (Tuesday - Thursday) which are available at the FMC Dealer portal site. The AM Preview Scheduling Reports are updated daily and contain extensive commodity and plant constraint information, etc. for each order not selected for scheduling. 

There is no simple answer to your statement about Ford's logistics and scheduling of high-end vehicles. The microchip, commodity and plant constraints, supply chain, etc. factors change daily and are incredibly complex to monitor and manage in order to maximize scheduling and production of unscheduled retail orders which is the first priority. Adding to the issues is unqualified, incompetent and/or lazy Dealers that fail to properly monitor and manage their USOB's (Unscheduled Order Banks) or communicate with their Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler as appropriate. Another factor is the volume of amended retail orders with specification changes in attempts to troubleshoot and/or circumvent some of the commodity or plant constraints. The Super Duty models have been the most affected due to the high retail order rate, volume, etc. along with the complexity and volume of the options available. The number and combination of orderable options and specifications is staggering and a single commodity shortage or unexpected failure in the supply chain can easily prevent an order from being scheduled.   

Ford is doing everything possible to maximize scheduling and production of all unscheduled retail orders, especially high-end trims such as King Ranch and Platinum models which provide Ford with the highest ROI and profits. The system was never intended to operate with the retail order volume in today's unprecedented market conditions. The scheduling and production processes are strained but the system does work, whether you believe it or not. Unfortunately, a lot of the problems are created at the dealership level as I've stated.       

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 4

On 8/12/2022 at 8:10 AM, alheinze said:

Hi all!  I am a long time GM owner and have ordered my first Ford.  

I ordered a F-250 King Ranch on 1/19/2022.  As of last week, my dealer said that I am listed as "Priority 2" and have been for a little over a month.  I check in with them every month now, and I think they are getting sick of me a bit.

I have a side bet with a sales person at another dealership for $100.  He doesn't think I will see my truck this year.  

What's the deal?  As a first time Ford buyer, this is extremely painful!

Update as of yesterday, my truck is now scheduled for production the week of 10/17.  I'm still thinking I'm not going to see it until Christmas at this point, but hopefully it will be sooner.

11 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

After 363 days, I just got my scheduled email yesterday evening!  Scheduled for the week of 10/10.  Weird that I got scheduled for a week 2 weeks earlier than some of you other guys that just got scheduled yesterday.

Mine was somewhat similar.

My F-450 KRU was serialised on Mar 17th and went straight to a "Scheduled to Day" 1st April. Most others scheduled that week were late April and early May.