2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

How do you get ship dates?  When I got the truck built email it said it should arrive at the dealer from 9/12-18 but no ship dates.  Right now it hasn't shipped so the estimate from Ford is looking not too likely.

I think we are talking about the same thing.. estimated ship/delivery dates.

My F250 SCSB STX FX4 7.3 3:55 Antimatter Blue was built 06/22/2022, has been sitting Shelbyville Ramp 8p to present.

Original delivery estimate was 07/15/2022, to 07/21/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 08/09/2022, to 08/15/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 08/24/2022, to 08/30/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 09/05/2022, to 09/11/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 09/11/2022, to 09/15/2022.

Being shipped to Kansas City area dealer.

Starting to become absolutely ridiculous!

Edited by Danover321

With the latest timeline posted (thank you ice-capades!) it looks like there are maybe 8 weeks of production slots remaining. At what point do we start to see options get balanced out? Is that 8 weeks of everything on the menu? Or do we start to see notices from Ford to delete options or bump to a 2023?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, le engineer said:

With the latest timeline posted (thank you ice-capades!) it looks like there are maybe 8 weeks of production slots remaining. At what point do we start to see options get balanced out? Is that 8 weeks of everything on the menu? Or do we start to see notices from Ford to delete options or bump to a 2023?

As it gets closer to the end of the Model Year, individual options can balance out early at any time. Vehicle specifications for orders scheduled during the "Balance Out" scheduling process cannot be changed.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

As it gets closer to the end of the Model Year, individual options can balance out early at any time. Vehicle specifications for orders scheduled during the "Balance Out" scheduling process cannot be changed.

Thanks for the quick reply! In your experience, when does the real danger begin? Think X weeks to MY balance out. 

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Thanks for the quick reply! In your experience, when does the real danger begin? Think X weeks to MY balance out. 

There's no set rule as it depends on a lot of factors such as what's changing for the next Model Year, supply vs. demand, supply chain issues, plant constraints, etc.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mitime said:

I am confused. My dealer told me they are able to order 2022 super duties for inventory now and  I have not heard any news on mine. 

Dealers have been able to order 2022MY Super Duty's for stock since the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened. If you mean 2023MY Super Duty's, no orders can be submitted until the 2023MY USOB opens on 10/20/2022.

12 hours ago, Danover321 said:

My F250 SCSB STX FX4 7.3 3:55 Antimatter Blue was built 06/22/2022, has been sitting Shelbyville Ramp 8p to present.

Original delivery estimate was 07/15/2022, to 07/21/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 08/09/2022, to 08/15/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 08/24/2022, to 08/30/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 09/05/2022, to 09/11/2022.

Delivery estimate pushed to 09/11/2022, to 09/15/2022.

Being shipped to Kansas City area dealer.

Starting to become absolutely ridiculous!

You and I are almost in the same boat.  My F350 SRW was built June 10, "shipped" June 11, but sitting at Ramp 8P since then.  Also coming to KC area, so maybe they'll both be in the same train eventually.  The delivery estimates mean nothing so I check in with my dealer only a couple of times per month, just to see if it's moving yet.

11 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

I might be stupid but what do you mean balance out?

"Balance Out" can refer to the end of scheduling or the end of production for the Model Year. 

Vehicle specifications for orders scheduled during the "Balance Out" scheduling period can NOT be changed. Retail orders will be produced as ordered.  

I posted this recently but will repeat it here again...

At the end of the Model Year and in particular, during the "Balance Out" scheduling period, it is not unusual for some options or features to balance out early due to supply vs. demand, upcoming Model Year changes, supply chain issues, plant constraints and other factors. Early balance out for options and features is common for F-Series, both F-150 and Super Duty, due to the large number of options and features available. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, danmeservey said:

You and I are almost in the same boat.  My F350 SRW was built June 10, "shipped" June 11, but sitting at Ramp 8P since then.  Also coming to KC area, so maybe they'll both be in the same train eventually.  The delivery estimates mean nothing so I check in with my dealer only a couple of times per month, just to see if it's moving yet.

My rig is being shipped to Dave Littleton Ford in Smithville. I worked at Ford KC Assembly for 15 years prior to accepting a buy out. I learned that when trucks are sent to the rail ramps, they are staged together without any regard for retail vs. stock in the order received. This is the reason some trucks ship almost immediately and others like ours just sit awaiting transport. Dealers can request a hot ship from the final ramp, but it rarely makes any impact.

2 hours ago, Danover321 said:

My rig is being shipped to Dave Littleton Ford in Smithville. I worked at Ford KC Assembly for 15 years prior to accepting a buyout. I learned that when trucks are sent to the rail ramps, they are staged together without any regard for retail vs. stock in the order received. This is the reason some trucks ship almost immediately and others like ours just sit awaiting transport. Dealers can request a hot ship from the final ramp, but it rarely makes any impact.

Agreed. Prior to Ford introducing the green Window Stickers making it easy to identify sold retail orders, it was sometimes necessary to call the dispatch department, for the assigned transport company at the final rail ramp, requesting expedited delivery for a sold vehicle to the dealership. Pre-COVID 19, the dispatch departments were very cooperative in expediting delivery for retail orders. A good relationship with the dispatch department, for dealerships not making constant calls with expedited delivery requests, was a big factor. Almost always, the dispatch department would "Hot List" the vehicle immediately, if not previously done or already assigned by the dispatch department and be able to tell the dealership caller when the vehicle would be delivered.

Since the COVID-19 impact, all aspects of the vehicle transport process have been impacted with labor and equipment shortages. Since the introduction of the green Window Stickers for sold retail orders, those vehicles are most often already "Hot Listed" for expedited delivery to the dealerships. The transport companies have contracts with multiple OEM's that ship vehicles to their ramps. With the reduced vehicle volumes being shipped, compared to pre-COVID-19, many car carrier loads being dispatched include vehicles from more than one manufacturer making the load and dispatch process more involved, complex and time-consuming, even with the use of the load configuration software used. The transport companies are doing the best they can to deliver vehicles as promptly as possible given the current conditions.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed. Prior to Ford introducing the green Window Stickers making it easy to identify sold retail orders, it was sometimes necessary to call the dispatch department, for the assigned transport company at the final rail ramp, requesting expedited delivery for a sold vehicle to the dealership. Pre-COVID 19, the dispatch departments were very cooperative in expediting delivery for retail orders. A good relationship with the dispatch department, for dealerships not making constant calls with expedited delivery requests, was a big factor. Almost always, the dispatch department would "Hot List" the vehicle immediately, if not previously done or already assigned by the dispatch department and be able to tell the dealership caller when the vehicle would be delivered.

Since the COVID-19 impact, all aspects of the vehicle transport process have been impacted with labor and equipment shortages. Since the introduction of the green Window Stickers for sold retail orders, those vehicles are most often already "Hot Listed" for expedited delivery to the dealerships. The transport companies have contracts with multiple OEM's that ship vehicles to their ramps. With the reduced vehicle volumes being shipped, compared to pre-COVID-19, many car carrier loads being dispatched include vehicles from more than one manufacturer making the load and dispatch process more involved, complex and time-consuming, even with the use of the load configuration software used. The transport companies are doing the best they can to deliver vehicles as promptly as possible given the current conditions.  

The transition from Allied Systems Holdings Inc, to Jack Cooper, has only exacerbated the problem.

Edited by Danover321

On 9/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, ice-capades said:

"Balance Out" can refer to the end of scheduling or the end of production for the Model Year. 

Vehicle specifications for orders scheduled during the "Balance Out" scheduling period can NOT be changed. Retail orders will be produced as ordered.  

At the end of the Model Year and in particular, during the "Balance Out" scheduling period, it is not unusual for some options or features to balance out early due to supply vs. demand, upcoming Model Year changes, supply chain issues, plant constraints and other factors. Early balance out for options and features is common for F-Series, both F-150 and Super Duty, due to the large number of options and features available. 

Thank you. Mine is scheduled for next week so hopefully I get everything that I ordered.????????

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 11:18 PM, ice-capades said:

Thank you for the info.

Hi Guys.. Would Appreciate some advice. At this Point. Is Ending up with the Truck I ordered just pie in the sky? Is a Dodge 2500 a fair second Choice? Will we be put to the front of line for a 2023? Or will dealer put  me to the end of year 2023? Cause why should he care?  Ok I traded my awesome F250 Feb18th 2022. I was really thinking no problem I will get a new truck by end of year. But I’ve been to my dealer once and was told by one of the owners of dealership it would be a 2023 and rolled to next year? Then when I called them and talked to my sales person. Because I just retired and have a new trailer coming by end of year.

and really would like to know where I stand. Meaning should I start to shop and pay over MSRP? But salesman said no. He thinks I will see my order by end of year?  But it doesn’t look good for me I think?  This year? have LOVED my Ford trucks! But if I drop a thousand bucks to order a Ram 2500 today it sounds like it might actually show up?

What to do? But I don’t want to seat around next year. I’ve worked hard I’m ready to go! Come on Ford at least tell us weather we will be first in line. Or it ant going to happen? Really there computers don’t have that info at this point?

on one hand I just feel spoiled. On the other I’ve been a great customer going back years. And covid or not Damn. Ok there’s my Rant. It’s Labor Day would rather be RVing. 

y? 

E3CC5096-6B82-4F66-A1A9-00CF8349ABA9.jpeg

C0AD79F8-24F7-4FC0-BCB3-E81D4C335C82.jpeg

8DAA8E32-21ED-451D-9003-A24BF47CD916.jpeg

Edited by gotodd12

On 9/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, ice-capades said:

So how do I get on the ''HOT HOT LIST"? 161 days after being built and still waiting for it to ship from KTP is a little absurd! Truck has been verified released to shipper and has no holds. Dealer is NO help at all. I've taken it upon myself to reach out to anyone and everyone I can possibly find to get this truck shipped. I'm almost to the point of walking away from it altogether since I cannot make any progress. I can only imagine all the problems that can/will arise from sitting this long in a lot somewhere. Lot-rot is a real thing, just look at the Bronco fiasco. The shipper is doing a disservice to Ford and is pushing a loyal customer to another brand. 

2 hours ago, DjMatrok said:

How long was it before any of you were able to view your window sticker in the tracker site?

Window stickers are usually available on the tracker about a week before production.  There has been something odd going on with the tracker for the last few weeks.  My sticker became available on 8/12.  On or about 8/17 it was no longer available, I get a message saying the widow sticker has not been released yet eventhough the truck was built on 8/25.  The window sticker is visible on ordertrack.app.  Others on here and the FTE forum are reporting the same issue with stickers.

• Like 2

Well now I know how it feels to get pushed out 2 weeks

was so happy that I was scheduled at 12 months now it looks like I won’t get (if) truck this year either

confIrmed Aug 27 2021

now scheduled to build week of oct3 

Not holding my breath

Edited by F450

48 minutes ago, F450 said:

was so happy that I was scheduled at 12 months now it looks like I won’t get (if) truck this year either

confIrmed Oct 27 2021

Not holding my breath

How do you know where to look if your truck is even being built. I ordered  Dec 21, limited all options, and I have not even got a VIN yet, however they say I am on priority 11? Where can I go besides to dealer to understand where and when the truck will be built? 

Cheers!

Got another dreaded email from FORD.  It reads "To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Lariat is delivered ..."  I am pretty simple, my complete satisfaction is a truck in my driveway.  What part of this sentence am I not getting?  This will be two months after it was built getting things ready for my satisfaction not counting the months it takes to get to my dealer.  I hope my state tax commission will adjust my property tax for a one year old truck with zero miles on it!

The link in my email said : "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week"  I guess Ford weeks are 60 days long!

Edited by UT_Grandpa
Correct math error

1 hour ago, F450 said:

confIrmed Oct 27 2021

Not holding my breath

Yep, just got the email as well... ordered 12/27, scheduled for sept 5th, then next week, now Oct 3rd. Way to go Ford!.. this is like ordering a car back in the Soviet Union..

good thing is I'll at least be able to see the new 2023 and decide if its worth even picking up the 2022 from the dealer.

Scheduled gets you a VIN and not much else.  Getting built does not get you a truck.  After a few months of ensuring your satisfaction you get scheduled to ship, then that gets pushed, and if it gets shipped doesn't mean it is on a railcar or truck.  If it is on a railcar it could still take months to get you your railyard and then maybe a few months to get it on a car hauler to get to your dealer who will want full payment yesterday.