2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

LOL at crossing out MSRP.  Anyhow at least your trucks on its way and you can see window sticker finally. 

Haha, I don’t mind sharing but I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way like I’m trying to flex lmao. Not the case at all. Very thankful, and very thankful for price protection ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

I hope the convoy truck has a better day than a car hauler did yesterday on our interstate.  Traffic slowed up and a loaded car hauler slammed on the brakes and hit multiple cars which in turn hit multiple cars.  A six year old boy was killed and his mom and sister were critically injured.  It happened in front of my wife.  She is still shaken up.  I believe my car hauler experience for my truck is about 1.5 miles from the rail yard.  They will  probably just drive them over.

That’s a horrible experience, hopefully everyone who made it out recovers quickly. The thought of my truck getting damaged on the car hauler definitely keeps me up a night a little bit though. 

1 hour ago, PineNut said:

Mine was built on 8/25 also.  Email from Ford on 8/29 with an estimated 9/12-18 delivery.  On 9/6 I received another email from Ford moving the date to 10/12-18.  Rail shipping has been a mess for quite some time now.  Also, just to throw another wrench into things, there is a possibilty of a rail strike starting around 9/16.  I expect to see my truck around Thanksgiving.....☹️

This continues to get worse. Thank you for the insight, definitely keeps my expectations in check. I’ll continue to rack up 3k+ miles a month on my trade in. Honestly I really just need it for my Christmas trip so hopefully I’ll see it by then. Where are you shipping to from which plant if you don’t mind me asking? 

28 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

This continues to get worse. Thank you for the insight, definitely keeps my expectations in check. I’ll continue to rack up 3k+ miles a month on my trade in. Honestly I really just need it for my Christmas trip so hopefully I’ll see it by then. Where are you shipping to from which plant if you don’t mind me asking? 

No problem.  Kentucky Truck Plant to Reno, NV.  

31 minutes ago, Alex Kreh said:

Haha, I don’t mind sharing but I don’t want anyone to take it the wrong way like I’m trying to flex lmao. Not the case at all. Very thankful, and very thankful for price protection ?

I hear ya!   

Just for those that don’t know.  Your order is price protected as well as what ever incentives and Interest rates Ford was offering at time order was placed.    But if you get moved to a 23MY  price protection is lost as well as any incentives and Ford finance rates.  

Long MacArther Ford is where I learned of this and Tim (internet sales) has been a wealth of knowledge for me.  

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Oh I see, thank you for the help! Hopefully they load her up soon! 

CA2L is the rail yard at Petersburg, Va. It took my truck 9 weeks before it was loaded on a train in Ky. Three days or so train ride to Petersburg. Then it sat for three weeks before the 2 hr transport to my dealer. I had nine delivery windows over that time. I hope you have better luck, but keep your expectations in check

46 minutes ago, PineNut said:

No problem.  Kentucky Truck Plant to Reno, NV.  

Glad to hear your not going to va too lol. Hopefully mine won’t get pushed. Interesting that yours already got pushed back and I haven’t heard a damn thing. Although your estimated was slightly earlier than mine. Definitely tag me when yours comes in! 

27 minutes ago, lcseds said:

CA2L is the rail yard at Petersburg, Va. It took my truck 9 weeks before it was loaded on a train in Ky. Three days or so train ride to Petersburg. Then it sat for three weeks before the 2 hr transport to my dealer. I had nine delivery windows over that time. I hope you have better luck, but keep your expectations in check

This is extremely helpful, definitely not expecting it to make the first window but hoping I get lucky with at least one part of this whole process. Where was your dealer located if you don’t mind me asking? 

53 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

I hear ya!   

Just for those that don’t know.  Your order is price protected as well as what ever incentives and Interest rates Ford was offering at time order was placed.    But if you get moved to a 23MY  price protection is lost as well as any incentives and Ford finance rates.  

Long MacArther Ford is where I learned of this and Tim (internet sales) has been a wealth of knowledge for me.  

I had no idea about the interest rates. Unfortunately my credit was never ran or anything at the start of the process so I guess I won’t have any protected rates? I also never paid a fee to place my order, I thought you had to but I never did. Price protection alone saved me almost 5k so far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

I hear ya!   

On some vehicles Ford has promised personal cash offers to at least cover the price increases.

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

I had no idea about the interest rates. Unfortunately my credit was never ran or anything at the start of the process so I guess I won’t have any protected rates? I also never paid a fee to place my order, I thought you had to but I never did. Price protection alone saved me almost 5k so far. 

from what I understand yes, interest rates also that Ford was offering at time.   Your dealer can look up all that was offered at time order was placed.   Have them look up “Smart Vincent”  (mods, please explain what this actually means..??)  this will tell them any incentives Ford finance rates ect offered at time of order.   I didn’t put anything down either towards truck but my order was confirmed befor I left dealer.   

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

from what I understand yes, interest rates also that Ford was offering at time.   Your dealer can look up all that was offered at time order was placed.   Have them look up “Smart Vincent”  (mods, please explain what this actually means..??)  this will tell them any incentives Ford finance rates ect offered at time of order.   I didn’t put anything down either towards truck but my order was confirmed befor I left dealer.   

Awesome, thanks man I’ll definitely have them Take a look at this. Especially with the way rates are going now, they were much better when I ordered back in February! 

I just received the following information from Ford Chat regarding my Truck that's been sitting at Shelbyville Ramp 8P since 06/23/2022: The vehicle arrived at Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX985818 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) on Ramp 8P, in Shelbyville Mc, KY on 9/8/2022. The vehicle is expected to be delivered by 9/30/2022. Hopefully no more push backs on delivery.

Edited by Danover321

22 hours ago, traynoral said:

Once it has a load number, does that mean it has at least been assigned to a specific car hauling trailer load? Also, I assume that you were not actually able to see the vehicle moving on the map, right??

No, the load number is just a tracking type number.  If you are registered on the site, you will get an email every time any load leaves the rail yard to your dealer.  Once I received that email, I was able to follow the truck on the site on a map in near realtime.  

36 minutes ago, NH_Bulldog said:

No, the load number is just a tracking type number.  If you are registered on the site, you will get an email every time any load leaves the rail yard to your dealer.  Once I received that email, I was able to follow the truck on the site on a map in near realtime.  

Gotcha. I found it. Thanks for the information. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, heresjohnny0555 said:

How do you know where to look if your truck is even being built. I ordered  Dec 21, limited all options, and I have not even got a VIN yet, however they say I am on priority 11? Where can I go besides to dealer to understand where and when the truck will be built? 

Cheers!

I replied to your pm back to me two days ago, you might want to read it…should show up top of the page notification.

19 hours ago, NH_Bulldog said:

Awesome thanks. My order type just changed from 'Individual' to 'Load Child'. Do you know what that means?

Finally after almost 17 months and dropping AS, I got the “in production” notification on Friday.  

The window sticker didn’t show until this morning, however, how concerned should I be that it doesn’t show any of my options, NONE.  Doesn’t show a BS $300 credit for the multi contour seat removal. 

I’m nervous that’s it’s wrong and it’s to late, it’s scheduled for the week of the September 12th. 

I’m hoping the window sticker is just wrong!!!!

1 hour ago, Jfinn said:

Finally after almost 17 months and dropping AS, I got the “in production” notification on Friday.  

The window sticker didn’t show until this morning, however, how concerned should I be that it doesn’t show any of my options, NONE.  Doesn’t show a BS $300 credit for the multi contour seat removal. 

I’m nervous that’s it’s wrong and it’s to late, it’s scheduled for the week of the September 12th. 

I’m hoping the window sticker is just wrong!!!!

Fyi,

Ice-capades posted a while back that MCS would be available again on trucks produced after 5 September…so, lucky you.

Ours got built on 19 August, so we have MCS delete on our WS.

2 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Fyi,

Ice-capades posted a while back that MCS would be available again on trucks produced after 5 September…so, lucky you.

Ours got built on 19 August, so we have MCS delete on our WS.

I didn’t see that post, thank you for the update. 

Still super worried about the window sticker not showing any of my options!!!

2 hours ago, Jfinn said:

I didn’t see that post, thank you for the update. 

Still super worried about the window sticker not showing any of my options!!!

I’d hit refresh on your WS…many times between now and tomorrow AM.

If it keeps showing without your options, you have very little time to get with dealership and Ford Regional to get it fixed…treat it as a three alarm fire if WS doesn’t correct.  That said, if you have a VIN, it may be too late…did you get an Order Summary from your dealership on your order and options?

Sorry I didn’t catch your mentioning ALL options the first time.

If the order is wrong, can’t be corrected, and your truck comes without options you want, take it anyway and reorder a 23, insist it gets moved to front on 23 orders.  Then, either keep it if that’s ok or trade it back when reordered 23 comes in.

Fwiw, 23 Order Bank opens in about a month…make the dealership give you a deal if they screwed it up, and ask for a 22 to 23 PCO.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

On 9/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, traynoral said:

Awesome thanks. My order type just changed from 'Individual' to 'Load Child'. Do you know what that means?

It’s been a few months, but I recall that load child meant it was 1 vehicle assigned to a multi vehicle load.  It is a step in the right direction.  At the top of the page mine said pending pickup and at the bottom it said order type individual.  I will look on my computer when I am back at work Monday to see if I have any screenshots 

2 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I’d hit refresh on your WS…many times between now and tomorrow AM.

If it keeps showing without your options, you have very little time to get with dealership and Ford Regional to get it fixed…treat it as a three alarm fire if WS doesn’t correct.  That said, if you have a VIN, it may be too late…did you get an Order Summary from your dealership on your order and options?

Sorry I didn’t catch your mentioning ALL options the first time.

If the order is wrong, can’t be corrected, and your truck comes without options you want, take it anyway and reorder a 23, insist it gets moved to front on 23 orders.  Then, either keep it if that’s ok or trade it back when reordered 23 comes in.

Fwiw, 23 Order Bank opens in about a month…make the dealership give you a deal if they screwed it up, and ask for a 22 to 23 PCO.

I’ll be on the phone with dealer as soon as they open.  Probably good I won’t be in town tomorrow incase it’s bad news. 

If my options aren’t in this truck and it’s to late for them to correct it, I’ll absolutely be driving a 22 until they can get my order right on a 23. 

This process has been absolutely awful!!!!