2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, NH_Bulldog said:

It’s been a few months, but I recall that load child meant it was 1 vehicle assigned to a multi vehicle load.  It is a step in the right direction.  At the top of the page mine said pending pickup and at the bottom it said order type individual.  I will look on my computer when I am back at work Monday to see if I have any screenshots 

Actually, I think your thoughts are confirmed. I just saw the status update to a delivery ETA of tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I’d hit refresh on your WS…many times between now and tomorrow AM.

If it keeps showing without your options, you have very little time to get with dealership and Ford Regional to get it fixed…treat it as a three alarm fire if WS doesn’t correct.  That said, if you have a VIN, it may be too late…did you get an Order Summary from your dealership on your order and options?

Sorry I didn’t catch your mentioning ALL options the first time.

If the order is wrong, can’t be corrected, and your truck comes without options you want, take it anyway and reorder a 23, insist it gets moved to front on 23 orders.  Then, either keep it if that’s ok or trade it back when reordered 23 comes in.

Fwiw, 23 Order Bank opens in about a month…make the dealership give you a deal if they screwed it up, and ask for a 22 to 23 PCO.

I’ll be on the phone with dealer as soon as they open.  Probably good I won’t be in town tomorrow incase it’s bad news. 

If my options aren’t in this truck and it’s to late for them to correct it, I’ll absolutely be driving a 22 until they can get my order right on a 23. 

This process has been absolutely awful!!!!

Found this website from a post on this forum last week and been checking it periodically (ordertrack.app). Noticed this morning I have this new box with an estimated wait time on it saying it’s been like this for 18 hours. Been awaiting shipment since 8/25. I’m hoping this means that maybe the shipment process is getting going. My estimated delivery date is 9/16-9/22 and while I know it isn’t likely I’m hoping beyond hope it sticks. Haven’t got pushed back yet ????  Going to Nashville end of this month and would love to have her for the 9 hr drive. 

87F35B8B-3973-4C5F-9A01-3484D9AF420B.png

On 9/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, Alex Kreh said:

This is extremely helpful, definitely not expecting it to make the first window but hoping I get lucky with at least one part of this whole process. Where was your dealer located if you don’t mind me asking? 

Crossroads Ford, Apex NC.

I ordered a F250 KR on 4 Jan and beginning to doubt it will be built prior to17 December. My order ahs been sitting at priority 2 for 60 days wihtout a prduction date.  When will Ford notify customers their order can't be built?   It would seem prudent that Ford knows the number of outstanding super duty orders and knows how many more can be built prior to 17 December.   If I need to rder a 2023 I'd like to do it the day the order banks open.

19 hours ago, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

Question on tracking rail cars. As I understand, CSX does not operate in Southeast Texas. Can I still track the rail car all the way to the destination with the CSX number even if a different carrier is transporting? 

In my experience, once my truck's rail car was handed over to CP Rail, the CSX tracking info was not reliable.

CSX reported my truck was stuck in Chicago when I received a call that it had been delivered to the dealer.

Might be different for other railways, but this was my experience with CSX/CP Rail.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DjMatrok said:

Rumor is there might be a railroad strike soon.

Q:

1. Will this affect our SD deliveries?

2. Would Ford allow up to pick up directly from KTP and drive it home?

3. Would the potential delay cause us to carry over into MY2023?

1.  Yes, obviously.  That said, it probably won't be a very long strike.  Biden will likely step in pretty quickly if it happens.

2.  Nope.  Too many issues involved with that.  They are just not set up to do it that way.

3.  A rail strike wouldn't have any effect on Ford or any other manufacturer's production output.  The problem becomes one of temporary storage of the output until the rail strike is over.  Kentucky Speedway is already pretty full of trucks from what I have seen in photographs.  Where they go when that is full would be a guess.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, Danover321 said:
I just received the following information from Ford Chat regarding my Truck that's been sitting at Shelbyville Ramp 8P since 06/23/2022: The vehicle arrived at Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX985818 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) on Ramp 8P, in Shelbyville Mc, KY on 9/8/2022. The vehicle is expected to be delivered by 9/30/2022. Hopefully no more push backs on delivery.

I've been able to track the status of rail car TTGX985818, using the Norfolk Southern automated Intermodal telephone line providing the following updates:

09/09, 12:00 AM, Shelbyville, MC Ramp 8P

09/10, 8:00 AM Louisville, KY

09/11, 8:00 AM West of Louisville, KY (exact location inaudible)

09/12, 8:30 PM Princeton, IN 

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel since my rig sat at Shelbyville Ramp 8P since 06/23.

2 hours ago, Glenn in AZ said:

3.  A rail strike wouldn't have any effect on Ford or any other manufacturer's production output.  The problem becomes one of temporary storage of the output until the rail strike is over.  Kentucky Speedway is already pretty full of trucks from what I have seen in photographs.  Where they go when that is full would be a guess.

I'm not sure I believe that. I suspect (but don't know) that they get most of the parts to build new vehicles via rail. 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:16 PM, NH_Bulldog said:

No, the load number is just a tracking type number.  If you are registered on the site, you will get an email every time any load leaves the rail yard to your dealer.  Once I received that email, I was able to follow the truck on the site on a map in near realtime.  

Can you post a link to the site?

21 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

I ordered a F250 KR on 4 Jan and beginning to doubt it will be built prior to17 December. My order ahs been sitting at priority 2 for 60 days wihtout a prduction date.  When will Ford notify customers their order can't be built?   It would seem prudent that Ford knows the number of outstanding super duty orders and knows how many more can be built prior to 17 December.   If I need to rder a 2023 I'd like to do it the day the order banks open.

My KRU email came last Thursday.  I had a Oct 31 date, but just got another email a few minutes ago that said it’s pushed to Nov 7. 

It feels like KR trucks haven't been scheduled much at all, so hopefully your email comes Thursday! I ordered just after Feb 14, so yours has GOT to be picked up this week or next!

Do you have any extras that you kept on the order, like 5th wheel, etc.?

1 hour ago, Diesel Dude said:

My KRU email came last Thursday.  I had a Oct 31 date, but just got another email a few minutes ago that said it’s pushed to Nov 7. 

It feels like KR trucks haven't been scheduled much at all, so hopefully your email comes Thursday! I ordered just after Feb 14, so yours has GOT to be picked up this week or next!

Do you have any extras that you kept on the order, like 5th wheel, etc.?

I placed my order on 11/19/21. I received my initial scheduled for production email a month ago, scheduling for 10/3. The last two weeks I have received an email bumping up the build week.  As of a few minutes ago, I am scheduled for 9/19.

3 hours ago, atlgtr04 said:

I placed my order on 11/19/21. I received my initial scheduled for production email a month ago, scheduling for 10/3. The last two weeks I have received an email bumping up the build week.  As of a few minutes ago, I am scheduled for 9/19.

I also had this for my 250 platinum. Bounced back and fourth from 9/26 and 10/3 a couple times now it’s 9/19

4 hours ago, Glenn in AZ said:

My F350 Platinum DRW just got pushed from 10/24 to 10/31.  I made it 2 whole weeks before the first push back!

I ordered my F350 Platinum DRW in early October of 2021 and have not received any emails from Ford. Congrats on yours. 

For your sense of perspective as you navigate the up, downs, ins and outs of the current purchasing process at Ford, consider this. I reached my one year anniversary yesterday: 9/13/21 to 9/13/22 and still NO email from Ford. Ever! 

And yes I’ve confirmed multiple times that they have my correct email address. All I have ever been told when I contact them is “waiting to be scheduled”.

My dealer says it’s out of his hands, it’s up to Ford. 

1 hour ago, Drag n' Fly said:

For your sense of perspective as you navigate the up, downs, ins and outs of the current purchasing process at Ford, consider this. I reached my one year anniversary yesterday: 9/13/21 to 9/13/22 and still NO email from Ford. Ever! 

And yes I’ve confirmed multiple times that they have my correct email address. All I have ever been told when I contact them is “waiting to be scheduled”.

My dealer says it’s out of his hands, it’s up to Ford. 

What information have you received from your Dealer... number of other unscheduled orders, commodity restraints, priority code, etc? If all you've been told is 'Waiting to be scheduled" then you've waited far too long. You should have contacted the sales manager or general manager, even the Dealer Principal, long ago about your order status and priority code, etc. If you've relied on communication from a sales representative, they're usually not experienced with the details of the retail order process or have access to the resources available.  

• Like 1

When I placed the order it was a priority 10. On Feb 12 it was moved to priority 2 and he told me it was too late to make any changes (such as dropping 5wp, bed spray and tonneau cover etc) without losing my place in line. (What line?).

I placed my order with the owner who’s continuing response is:

Ford does not share lead time with dealers until a build week is set.  We then expect the vehicle to arrive here about 
30 days later.

We are still waiting for Ford to assign a build week.”

31 minutes ago, Drag n' Fly said:

When I placed the order it was a priority 10. On Feb 12 it was moved to priority 2 and he told me it was too late to make any changes (such as dropping 5wp, bed spray and tonneau cover etc) without losing my place in line. (What line?).

I placed my order with the owner who’s continuing response is:

Ford does not share lead time with dealers until a build week is set.  We then expect the vehicle to arrive here about 
30 days later.

We are still waiting for Ford to assign a build week.”

Unfortunately, a lot of Dealer BS! Changes to an order at Priority Code 02 can be made but the Regional Scheduler then has to re-prioritize the order back to Priority Code 02. In addition, the Dealer has access to multiple resources regarding commodity and plant restraints. The Dealer also has access to their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for information, advice and assistance to get the order scheduled.