2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

22 hours ago, atlgtr04 said:

I placed my order on 11/19/21. I received my initial scheduled for production email a month ago, scheduling for 10/3. The last two weeks I have received an email bumping up the build week.  As of a few minutes ago, I am scheduled for 9/19.

That’s good news! Hopefully you won’t be pushed again.
I’m hoping our orders will be bumped up sooner like yours, instead of later. The good thing is that there are fewer opportunities for Ford to bump since we’re at the end of the build season. 

Just 4 days shy of the 8 month mark. I just took delivery today. I did not feel like I was going to be one of those ones that would say it was worth the wait, but it totally was. Best of luck to all of you who are still waiting. And thanks to everyone on this forum who has provided insight and information during this process!

image.jpg

• Like 3

My F-450 arrived at Granger's yesterday.  Ordered 12/21, built 6/28.  6/28-9/13 is 11 weeks to travel 609 miles (by road), though it left Louisville by choo-choo. 11 weeks to flatten the curve??

Stone Gray XLT, diesel, 4x4, all of the towing goodies I could get.  Standing in for my 2012 longbed SuperCab, I am looking forward to the 142" wheelbase and the wide front axle.

I am thinking larger Super-Single wheels/tires and a Titan 50 gallon tank to set in front of the 5th wheel.

When I leave Grangers, I head SW to Hull PorterTrailers to hook up my new 26' gooseneck HD with 16,000# GVWR.  Feeling pretty tickled!

Best wishes to folks still waiting.

My project (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 7:20 PM, Diesel Dude said:

My KRU email came last Thursday.  I had a Oct 31 date, but just got another email a few minutes ago that said it’s pushed to Nov 7. 

It feels like KR trucks haven't been scheduled much at all, so hopefully your email comes Thursday! I ordered just after Feb 14, so yours has GOT to be picked up this week or next!

Do you have any extras that you kept on the order, like 5th wheel, etc.?

My extras wre the KRU ultimae package, mud flaps and the bumber step.None of theee should delay production unless a vendor for one of these items went out of business.

10 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

My extras wre the KRU ultimae package, mud flaps and the bumber step.None of theee should delay production unless a vendor for one of these items went out of business.

That definitely doesn’t make sense. I hope you either get built or make the front of the line for 23s. Good luck!

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Another Thursday morning without getting scheduled. FML

It turns out that my dealer had no more allocations was the reason I wasn’t getting scheduled.   My sales person left the dealer and when the new salesperson me called me I bombarded her with numerous questions about order.  She was 900% sure I was  going to a 23.   Next day I found out the Ford rep was at dealer day before and dealer raised a stink with him about orders.  He made

some calls and I got scheduled next day along with another DRW.     

maybe your dealer has no allocations left. 

Edited by RFT2112

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility Report will show the current status, etc. 

The VVR  is showing released, awaiting shipping since April 14.  There have been no updates since that entry. Rail carrier delay for well over 5 months now.

Edited by Big Jon

17 hours ago, Big Jon said:

The VVR  is showing released, awaiting shipping since April 14.  There have been no updates since that entry. Rail carrier delay for well over 5 months now.

Unbelievable Big Jon.. Mine was built on July 21 and has been in transit for 54 days now. According to the VVR, it's released and sitting at ramp 8P in Shelbyville, KY.  

No comparison to your wait, but still very frustrating.

image.thumb.png.dd84fd26a9d6490077f3338460c29d23.png

Edited by JeffSpencer
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, HOU-TX-TREMOR said:

Question on tracking rail cars. As I understand, CSX does not operate in Southeast Texas. Can I still track the rail car all the way to the destination with the CSX number even if a different carrier is transporting? 

Updating for those who have been fortunate enough to have started the shipping/transportation process. I was able to track the rail car across CSX, UP, and BNSF tracks/rail yards. The train journey was actually pretty quick to the Houston metro area. It remains to be seen how long it will take for road transportation to the dealer and dealer prep. 

Quick update for y'all. With the production schedule tightening up towards the end of the 22MY I had spoken with my dealer to just run over the details and validate it was clea, clear, and COVP. He quickly confirmed everything and sure enough today (9/16) I have a build date and VIN. Set for 11/28. 

Good morning all, 

Curious to get some of y'all's opinions on my delivery date. Truck was built 08/25 and scheduled for delivery between 09/16 - 09/22. So far I have not received any sort of push back email which makes me hopeful considering I feel like if they push you back for delivery they tend to let you know well before your date comes. However, I have not gotten on a rail car yet. I've been following ordertrack.app and its showing that I've been awaiting shipment for 5 days and I am estimated to wait 7 before I get on a train car with 15 other similar vehicles awaiting shipment with me. The estimated time has actually gone down slightly over the last 5 days. I know it takes roughly 3 days by rail and probably a day by truck to get to my dealer assuming a truck picks it up right away (Which I know is a very big assumption). Trying not to get my hopes up, but the way everything is looking, it seems like they are expecting me to have my truck next week. I know all of these things can change last minute and the railroad strike has me a little worried, but I feel like because they haven't pushed me back yet they feel there is still a pretty good shot to make the timeframe. What do you guys think, and have any of you gone through this process with the ordertrack.app, if so how accurate was it? Also, have you guys noticed many people getting pushed back once they are actually in the window that Ford estimated?

I appreciate any and all insight!

On a side note, I am finally getting back that anxious/giddy feeling that I had when I ordered the truck originally. All of you that are still waiting, it is frustrating, and for some of you I can't even fathom how long you've been waiting, but I'm pretty sure its all worth it. I've had an amazing experience with my dealer who is very responsive, open, and honest with me and has been willing to help out in any way they can. I was in priority 2 for most of the time I was waiting. The only things I think Ford could truly do better and that I've been disappointed with are the meager 300 credit for the MC seats. I'm over it now, but I think that the compensation was very minimal. I also think that the process by which vehicles transfer from train to truck needs to be heavily revamped and much more organized and regimented. I do understand there is likely more to it than that, but vehicles should roughly be taken in the order in which they were produced, and if a vehicle has sat for a month waiting to be picked up it needs to be put on the next truck that is even remotely close to the final destination. Finally, from what I understand there is little to no communication with anyone once the truck reaches the yard after it gets of the train. Not even with the dealer. Nobody knows where that truck is until it seemingly appears at the dealer. These are the main three things I think need to be retouched that I've noticed in this process. However I know lots of things are easier said than done, but other than that, I know Ford can only do so much.

Well, my truck is now "In Transit" now, for whatever that means.  No railcar assigned and I don't know how long from "In Transit" to moving on a train takes.  The email I received from Ford last night is very humorous.  Note the expected delivery date to my dealer.  Since today is September 16, my truck must be coming via Fedex Air transport!  Actually the dates are from my first email after build, not after the delivery date was pushed a month.  Is there anybody at Ford aware of what is going on?  Again, attention to reality is not one of their strong points.

image.png.78241d2fe84191c93d370ca1a86f87cf.png

On 9/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, Danover321 said:

I've been able to track the status of rail car TTGX985818, using the Norfolk Southern automated Intermodal telephone line providing the following updates:

09/09, 12:00 AM, Shelbyville, MC Ramp 8P

09/10, 8:00 AM Louisville, KY

09/11, 8:00 AM West of Louisville, KY (exact location inaudible)

09/12, 8:30 PM Princeton, IN 

Finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel since my rig sat at Shelbyville Ramp 8P since 06/23.

For those that may have their truck on the same train, here is an update of Norfolk Southern car TTGX985818:
Arrived St Louis 09/14, 04:15
Departed St Louis 09/15, AM hours
Ferguson, MO 11:30 AM
Wentzville, MO 12:30 PM
Clifton Hills, MO 5:30 PM
Arrived Norfolk Southern Voltz yard Ramp CA6P Kansas City, MO 8:30 PM. (Also known as the Birmingham yard)
Now, how long will it take to be unloaded/loaded for final delivery to a dealership 24 miles north?

Edited by Danover321

45 minutes ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Well, my truck is now "In Transit" now, for whatever that means.  No railcar assigned and I don't know how long from "In Transit" to moving on a train takes.  The email I received from Ford last night is very humorous.  Note the expected delivery date to my dealer.  Since today is September 16, my truck must be coming via Fedex Air transport!  Actually the dates are from my first email after build, not after the delivery date was pushed a month.  Is there anybody at Ford aware of what is going on?  Again, attention to reality is not one of their strong points.

image.png.78241d2fe84191c93d370ca1a86f87cf.png

Your truck may have been released for shipment but it's not "In Transit" until it's actually loaded onto a rail car and moving. Ford's e-mail communications are better than no direct communication with customers, which was the case prior to the new market conditions and high retail order rate. Ford's e-mail communications are all subject to a wide variety of factors affecting the shiping and transportation of vehicles including the backlog of vehicles awaiting shipment, labor and equipment shortages, the general state of railroad operations, etc. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which is updated with every status change and shows the most recent vehicle status and location. 

Don't use the order track app. It was so far off with my truck. It took me about three months to get it from Ky (I'm in NC). The order track app was useless. My truck was about 40 days beyond the "max time in this mode" or whatever that is. Use Ford customer service, your dealer and the VVR and then train tracking. Anything but order track.app.

2 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Good morning all, 

Curious to get some of y'all's opinions on my delivery date. Truck was built 08/25 and scheduled for delivery between 09/16 - 09/22. So far I have not received any sort of push back email which makes me hopeful considering I feel like if they push you back for delivery they tend to let you know well before your date comes.

Not to be negative,  but it it could take a while to get loaded. Mine was built 21 July but didn’t get loaded on a rail car until 10 Sept. Good luck, hope yours moves a quicker than mine did. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

I also think that the process by which vehicles transfer from train to truck needs to be heavily revamped and much more organized and regimented. I do understand there is likely more to it than that, but vehicles should roughly be taken in the order in which they were produced, and if a vehicle has sat for a month waiting to be picked up it needs to be put on the next truck that is even remotely close to the final destination. Finally, from what I understand there is little to no communication with anyone once the truck reaches the yard after it gets of the train. Not even with the dealer. Nobody knows where that truck is until it seemingly appears at the dealer. These are the main three things I think need to be retouched that I've noticed in this process. However I know lots of things are easier said than done, but other than that, I know Ford can only do so much.

The transportation processes have been in place for decades and, up until the market changes in the past couple of years due to labor and equipment shortages, problems with railroad equipment and labor shortages and a number of other factors, the processes work. At the plant level, you have a backlog of vehicles stored in various locations waiting for microchips or other parts as well as available rail cars, waiting to be loaded onto rail cars. Vehicles produced and released for shipping, not being held for parts or other concerns, are usually the first priority to get loaded onto rail cars. Vehicles in storage are stuck often waiting for longer periods until rail cars are available. With thousands of vehicles being held in multiple storage lots, it's a logistics nightmare to identify vehicles that can be shipped, match those vehicles with rail cars available that are destined for the assigned final rail ramp destination, etc. The vehicles have to be identified, located, labor assigned to retrieve and move the vehicles for loading and get it all done efficiently so that rail cars get loaded as quickly as possible without time wasted. The rail cars then have to be matched to the appropriate rail carrier that is either headed to the final ramp destination or intermediate junction point for transfer to the appropriate rail route. Once the vehicle is loaded and the rail car has left the plant, the rail carrier controls the situation and Ford has no control. At the same time, the rail carrier has its own factors to deal with including the general mess that the transportation system is struggling with such as equipment and staff shortages, equipment failures, etc. 

Once the rail car arrives at the final ramp destination, there may be delays due to a backlog of rail cars waiting to be unloaded, staff shortages, etc. Once unloaded, the vehicles are transferred to the carrier firm under contract to Ford, to then deliver the vehicle via car carrier to the dealership. In normal times, vehicles were usually dispatched, loaded onto carriers and delivered to dealerships within 3-7 days of arrival at the ramp. However, many of the same factors and logistics complicating the transportation process nationwide, equipment shortages and especially staff shortages, also affect operations with the carrier firms and the ramp operations. Vehicles are inspected at the ramp prior to being dispatch for delivery and, once dispatched to be loaded onto a carrier, a driver is assigned to deliver the load. The drivers load the vehicles onto the carriers and are responsible for in-transit damage not identified when the vehicle arrived at the ramp. Retail orders are identified with green Window Stickers for expedited delivery, but again, the general state of issues with the transportation system, labor shortages especially, along with the high volume of retail orders is a factor.

Dealers can call the dispatch departments at the ramp and request expedited delivery for sold vehicles. The dispatch departments usually know in advance and will usually do everything possible to accommodate the Dealer's request. In the past couple of years, I've seen a number of vehicles at the ramps for extended periods that were identified and held per orders from Ford for undisclosed reasons.

Dealers have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that includes the entire order history including all scheduling, production and shipping status updates. Every single status change is listed on the report, including every location change while the rail car is moving. The Vehicle Visibility reports also include specific notations for vehicles that are on microchip hold. 

There's a lot of vehicle tracking information throughout the transportation process which is available through various resources. The transportation system, whether it be the railroads or trucking companies, are all overwhelmed with conditions nationwide affecting all product types and industries. If there's a communication problem, it's the lack of communication between Dealers and their retail customers, as well as outdated, speculative and/or inaccurate information being provided because dealership personnel are either too lazy, can't be bothered or incompetent to access the resources available in order to provide customers with the accurate information they require. 

I hope this helps answer at least some of your questions and/or helps provide some perspective from someone that's dealt with these issues for 35+ years!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Foxxgen said:

Quick update for y'all. With the production schedule tightening up towards the end of the 22MY I had spoken with my dealer to just run over the details and validate it was clea, clear, and COVP. He quickly confirmed everything and sure enough today (9/16) I have a build date and VIN. Set for 11/28. 

Somewhat same situation here! I had written mine off as not happening, but was in the area of my dealership and stopped in, had a “lively” discussion with the sales manager, and 9 days later got my scheduling email for 11/28 as well.

6.7L F250 Lariat Tremor, BAP

Ordered 3/31/22

Confirmed 3/31/22

Scheduled Email 9/15/22 for 11/28/22 build

Edited by Wyo82
Add info

Thanks for the shipping info.  My truck was built and ready for shipping on August 23, which was three weeks before being released to "In Transit".  My dealer is 1.5 miles from the railyard.  I would hope they would take the 5 minutes to just drive it over rather than wait weeks for a car hauler to drive it 5 minutes to the dealer.  But logic almost always loses to tradition (or contract).  In the past 10 months the interest rate on loans has doubled.  I do have a HELOC that I can use to pay for it if needed.  Another poster said not to use ordertrack for shipping.  My final railroad is Union Pacific so the car will be transferred  mid country.  Maybe my dealer is the best to tell me where it is when it starts to move?  Thanks to all