2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, RFT2112 said:

Got one also.   Ford better have all their ducks in a row and make damn sure these get built since they are scheduled. 

Per resources on this site, Ford will not schedule a vehicle unless ALL parts for that vehicle are procured and prepared for the build. That is to say, they will not create a VIN unless they have all parts necessary to build the vehicle (with the current chip shortage being an exception to the rule). You can rest easy knowing if you have had a VIN created your truck and its parts are already set aside for your specific build.

36 minutes ago, Foxxgen said:

Per resources on this site, Ford will not schedule a vehicle unless ALL parts for that vehicle are procured and prepared for the build. That is to say, they will not create a VIN unless they have all parts necessary to build the vehicle (with the current chip shortage being an exception to the rule). You can rest easy knowing if you have had a VIN created your truck and its parts are already set aside for your specific build.

That’s not correct.  Scheduling is done 6 weeks in advance.  They don’t keep 6 weeks worth of parts.  They EXPECT to have all the parts on time but delays happen.  And not just microchips - shipping delays affect every part.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s not correct.  Scheduling is done 6 weeks in advance.  They don’t keep 6 weeks worth of parts.  They EXPECT to have all the parts on time but delays happen.  And not just microchips - shipping delays affect every part.

Thank you for clarification! So it is more-so they have likely assumed quantities, either on order or pending receipt, sufficient to produce the vehicle but that is likely to change.

3 hours ago, Foxxgen said:

Thank you for clarification! So it is more-so they have likely assumed quantities, either on order or pending receipt, sufficient to produce the vehicle but that is likely to change.

Yes,  it’s called just in time inventory management.  Look it up.

@ice-capades updated the Production Information thread  - Looks like some trucks are going to having missing or alternate badging.   I'll probably like having fewer badges.  We don't need not stinking badging!  

INFORMATION
Product Offering Changes: 22MY F150 & Super Duty Temporary Exterior Vehicle Badges

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of certain 2022MY F-150 and Super Duty trucks being shipped with temporary and/or missing exterior badges due to a supplier shortage.
  • Customers will be required to sign an acknowledgement letter, notifying them of the temporary and/or missing badges prior to vehicle sale. 

SUMMARY
Due to a supplier shortage of exterior vehicle badges, some 22MY F-150 and Super Duty vehicles will be shipped and can be sold to customers with temporary or missing badges.  Temporary/missing badges will not impact the vehicle performance in a functional capacity.  Some vehicles may have temporary fender vent badges, or missing side door badges and/or tailgate badges. Not all trucks will have the same number of temporary badges and/or missing badges.  All temporary badges will be molded in color black.

• F150 - Temporary F-150 badges could include both side fender nameplate/trim badges (e.g.,     F-150/XLT).  Missing badges could include both door powertrain badges (e.g., PowerBoost), XLT Texas/Oklahoma badge and/or EcoBoost badge on tailgate, and/or King Ranch badge on tailgate.
  • Super Duty - Temporary Super Duty badges could include both side fender nameplate/trim badges (e.g.,F-250/Lariat).  Missing badges could include both door powertrain badges (e.g.,6.7L Power Stroke), and/or King Ranch badge on tailgate.

Ford plans to restore all missing badging for all impacted 22MY F-150 and Super Duty customers.

Customers will be required to sign an acknowledgement letter, notifying them of the temporary or missing badges prior to vehicle sale. 

Customers will be given a $50 VIN specific incentive claimed through SmartVincent.

< --- snip --- >

The wait is finally over!  Fresh off the truck and I hope to take delivery in a few days.  Originally ordered 1/31 F250 SCLB Lariat but then changed 3/28 to a F350 dually.  Dropped the Bedliner, Tonneau cover and Wheel well liners but kept the 5th wheel prep still not sure if that had any impact on getting built.  Scheduling now to have the bed done and have ordered the other parts for later install.  Glad the wait is over and look forward to getting some miles under my belt.  For what its worth never got any shipping update from the Order Track Ap so I was surprised that it actually showed up when they had estimated.  This forum has been a great resource but I won't miss my daily check in looking for answers.

IMG_1563.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, gearguywb said:

A Lariat that I had on order showed this week as build week.  The WS was available until a couple of days ago and now shows as "Not yet been released".  Not sure what happened.  

The window sticker issue has been going on for awhile now.  My sticker was available for about a week then went to "not released yet'.  Try ordertrack.app, window stickers still seem to be available there.

Edited by PineNut

So my delivery date got pushed back a couple of days ago, which I expected, to October 7th through October 13th. However, I just got on a chat with Ford and they said the ETA was November 8th through November 14th. Why is this information not being sent out to the customer correctly. I'll admit I'm quite frustrated and curious to see how long it takes for me to get an email about this updated delivery date. It makes me wonder how long this ETA has existed and I have been given completely incorrect dates. I was told October 7th - 13th on Tuesday for reference. I cringe at the idea of my truck baking in the sun in a holding lot for nearly 3 months. 

Edit: I know I expected this and everyone is dealing with it, the delivery time is not the part that frustrates me I know nothing can be done there. Although I would be more than willing to pay to go pick up my truck at this point. The part that frustrates me is the communication. I would rather have worst case scenario from the get go to accurately set my expectations, and if it comes early that's awesome, but at least if it doesn't I knew that as soon as Ford did.

Edited by Alex Kreh
Edit

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

So my delivery date got pushed back a couple of days ago, which I expected, to October 7th through October 13th. However, I just got on a chat with Ford and they said the ETA was November 8th through November 14th. Why is this information not being sent out to the customer correctly. I'll admit I'm quite frustrated and curious to see how long it takes for me to get an email about this updated delivery date. It makes me wonder how long this ETA has existed and I have been given completely incorrect dates. I was told October 7th - 13th on Tuesday for reference. I cringe at the idea of my truck baking in the sun in a holding lot for nearly 3 months. 

Edit: I know I expected this and everyone is dealing with it, the delivery time is not the part that frustrates me I know nothing can be done there. Although I would be more than willing to pay to go pick up my truck at this point. The part that frustrates me is the communication. I would rather have worst case scenario from the get go to accurately set my expectations, and if it comes early that's awesome, but at least if it doesn't I knew that as soon as Ford did.

The Ford e-mail communications shouldn't be relied on for accuracy as they're not necessarily being sent on a timely basis. Your Dealer has the most recent status information via the Vehicle Visibility report which is updated automatically whenever there's a status change. The e-mails to customers were only implemented within the past couple of years due to the retail order rate climbing to an average 50% which is probably at least ten times what the retail order rate was prior to the COVID-19 impact and the resulting changes to the market conditions. Ford's scheduling, production and shipping is overwhelmed with factors and logistics that didn't exist before. Ford's making an effort but still has a lot to learn and needs to implement further improvements in their customer relations. 

Forget about picking up your vehicle at the plant, the final rail destination or anywhere else as Ford is not set up to allow it. Even Ford Dealers can't pick up vehicles at the plants or ramps.   

Edited by ice-capades
Revised
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

I went into production 8/16 and was told I am built,(modules populated) but sent offsite on a hold. Anyone have any insight? Is this due to the badge shortage and any info on when trucks will start shipping with the missing/temporary badges? Thanks all. 

There's a whole post about the badges in the 2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information thread. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70356-2022-f-series-super-duty-production-information/&page=11

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There's a whole post about the badges in the 2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information thread. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70356-2022-f-series-super-duty-production-information/&page=11

Which I posted about in this thread just 9 posts above theirs asking the question.  I even included key parts of the text.  I don't think people even try to search anymore.  I blame social media...people ask the same questions over and over because SM makes it so hard to find previous posts. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

I blame social media...people ask the same questions over and over because SM makes it so hard to find previous posts. 

People are just lazy.  They’d rather ask someone else to spoon feed them Information than do it themselves.

Somebody mentions a restaurant and somebody else asks where is it or where’s the one closest to me?  All of which Google will answer in less time than it takes to make the social media post.

• Like 4

I order my F-250 KRT in June of 2021 through a CHS fleet Program.  The only answer I can get my the dealership is the order is still active clean..  I noticed they are scheduling the first week of December for super duty’s. How long with they be building 2022??  Will my order get converted to a 2023?