2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

I order my F-250 KRT in June of 2021 through a CHS fleet Program.  The only answer I can get my the dealership is the order is still active clean..  I noticed they are scheduling the first week of December for super duty’s. How long with they be building 2022??  Will my order get converted to a 2023? 

They will be producing '22s until about the end of the year (I'm thinking it was 12/22 or something like that).  '23s will start rolling down the line in early 2023.

Your order will NOT be converted to a '23, though you may get an incentive from Ford to re-order a '23 if you still have an open '22 order.  I would expect those that re-order a '22 as a '23 will get a higher priority as Ford has done with other vehicles.

44 minutes ago, MicroMan said:

I order my F-250 KRT in June of 2021 through a CHS fleet Program.  The only answer I can get my the dealership is the order is still active clean..  I noticed they are scheduling the first week of December for super duty’s. How long with they be building 2022??  Will my order get converted to a 2023? 

Is your order a retail or fleet? If it's a fleet order type, it's a different situation as fleet orders have a different scheduling process and fleet order scheduling "Balanced Out" very early for some vehicle lines. If it's a fleet order, a lot of the information posted for retail orders will not apply. 

10 hours ago, Monoman said:

Which I posted about in this thread just 9 posts above theirs asking the question.  I even included key parts of the text.  I don't think people even try to search anymore.  I blame social media...people ask the same questions over and over because SM makes it so hard to find previous posts. 

Very helpful guys. . Thanks. I genuinely was asking what the hold up could be as I’ve been told chip hold from ford chat, as well as an allocation hold from the dealer, both of which have no updated ETA. Thanks for your insight. I’ve done my best to research this, on other forums as well, and was looking for an honest answer or best guess.

12 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

Very helpful guys. . Thanks. I genuinely was asking what the hold up could be as I’ve been told chip hold from ford chat, as well as an allocation hold from the dealer, both of which have no updated ETA. Thanks for your insight. I’ve done my best to research this, on other forums as well, and was looking for an honest answer or best guess.

If it's a microchip hold, it'll be noted as such on the Vehicle Visibility Report which your Dealer has 24/7 access to. As for an allocation hold from the Dealer? That's BS! Dealers have no control or influence on when allocation is assigned. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Good news for me!!  My truck came in this afternoon on the train.  I suspect it will be unloaded next week and moved to the dealer a mile and a half away.  Ordertrack never showed any transport information so I contacted my salesman and he told me it was in Illinois and he gave me the car # on 9/22.  Over the past two days I followed it using the CSX phone number through Nebraska, Wyoming, and into Utah.  The CSX tracker worked really well.  The UPRR tracker, not so well.

My first delivery date was 9/12-9/19 and then was moved to 10/13-10/20 and then was moved forward to 9/26-10/2 so the estimated delivery dates do change as things get shipped.  Now to navigate through the dealer fee maze.  It is my understanding that Dealer Prep has been paid by Ford to the dealer.  All I should owe them beyond the X-plan invoice is a $100 doc fee, a $275 X-plan fee, and a whole pile of sales tax.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks to all for the support in the past 7 months.  I will continue to "lurk" here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

My first delivery date was 9/12-9/19 and then was moved to 10/13-10/20 and then was moved forward to 9/26-10/2 so the estimated delivery dates do change as things get shipped.  Now to navigate through the dealer fee maze.  It is my understanding that Dealer Prep has been paid by Ford to the dealer.  All I should owe them beyond the X-plan invoice is a $100 doc fee, a $275 X-plan fee, and a whole pile of sales tax.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks to all for the support in the past 7 months.  I will continue to "lurk" here.

The PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) a/k/a Dealer Prep is part of the vehicle cost and included in the vehicle invoice. The fee is paid by Ford directly to the Dealer that ordered the vehicle, regardless of what Dealer does the actual vehicle delivery to the customer.  

10 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

Good news for me!!  My truck came in this afternoon on the train.  I suspect it will be unloaded next week and moved to the dealer a mile and a half away.  Ordertrack never showed any transport information so I contacted my salesman and he told me it was in Illinois and he gave me the car # on 9/22.  Over the past two days I followed it using the CSX phone number through Nebraska, Wyoming, and into Utah.  The CSX tracker worked really well.  The UPRR tracker, not so well.

$275 X-plan fee?? I've never heard of an X-plan fee.  Sounds like dealer add-on BullS@#t!.  I would insist on that being removed from the final deal. 

1 hour ago, Danover321 said:

$275 X-plan fee?? I've never heard of an X-plan fee.  Sounds like dealer add-on BullS@#t!.  I would insist on that being removed from the final deal. 

Ford AXZD Plans Program Rules

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each A/Z-Plan delivery and up to $100 in documentary fees on each X-Plan and D-Plan delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for A/Z-Plan doc fees or $100 for X-Plan and D-Plan doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the AZ-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the A/Z-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Document Fee Charges should be detailed on the most current AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement, page two, Section 4.

Other Fees

• Dealerships may not charge a dealer trade fee or any other additional transportation costs to the customer.
  • Dealerships may not charge vehicle preparation fees.
  • Actual fees charged by states or local municipalities that are passed through to the customer are not required to be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In addition, if a dealership offers electronic titling/registering through a third party and the Plan customer opts in, the dealership may charge the customer the actual fee charged by the third party. Any dealer mark-up will be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In the event of an audit, dealers must prove that all fees meet these criteria.

X-Plan
Ford

• Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*
    • *$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY and later vehicles.

NOTE: The $275 Administration Fee is included in the X Plan price on the vehicle invoice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford AXZD Plans Program Rules

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each A/Z-Plan delivery and up to $100 in documentary fees on each X-Plan and D-Plan delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the plan unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulations: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for A/Z-Plan doc fees or $100 for X-Plan and D-Plan doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the AZ-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $75 or $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the A/Z-Plan customer $75 and the X-Plan or D-Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Document Fee Charges should be detailed on the most current AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement, page two, Section 4.

Other Fees

• Dealerships may not charge a dealer trade fee or any other additional transportation costs to the customer.
  • Dealerships may not charge vehicle preparation fees.
  • Actual fees charged by states or local municipalities that are passed through to the customer are not required to be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In addition, if a dealership offers electronic titling/registering through a third party and the Plan customer opts in, the dealership may charge the customer the actual fee charged by the third party. Any dealer mark-up will be included in the $75/$100 Documentation Fee limit. In the event of an audit, dealers must prove that all fees meet these criteria.

X-Plan
Ford

• Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee*
    • *$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY and later vehicles.

NOTE: The $275 Administration Fee is included in the X Plan price on the vehicle invoice.

His post inferred he was paying $275, in addition to the X-plan price which includes the $275. 

Edited by Danover321

24 minutes ago, Danover321 said:

His post inferred he was paying $275, in addition to the X-plan price. 

Which is wrong as the rules show that the $275 fee is already included in the x plan price.  Either the dealer is misinterpreting the plan rules or it’s a blatant rip-off.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Which is wrong as the rules show that the $275 fee is already included in the x plan price.  Either the dealer is misinterpreting the plan rules or it’s a blatant rip-off.

Could be a misunderstanding and the dealer didn't tell him the way you're interpreting it.  So let's just have him double check.  :)

@UT_Grandpa, let's just double check what you meant here.  Do you know that the paperwork that shows the X-Plan price (invoice, preview order report from WBDO when you ordered it, etc.) already includes the $275 program admin fee?  Just double check on the paperwork in the finance office that there's no separate $275 fee; the listed price already includes that.  Otherwise, the dealer is double-charging you there.

So, you should be paying that listed X-Plan price, doc fee no more than $100 (the dealer doesn't have to charge it unless state law requires it, but of course most do anyway), anything you've authorized the dealer to add to the vehicle, and TTL.  Nowhere on the paperwork should there be a separate $275 line item.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

My bad - I misread.   Sounds like he was just anticipating that not that the dealer was charging it.

Exactly as above.  I have not seen a final invoice/contract but I am on the lookout for ADP (Additional Dealer Profit) which a double bill for the X-plan admin fee would be.  Thanks to all for clarifying this for me.  No I wonder if the Blue Oval will be missing from my truck?  

Just got off the phone with my dealership. He said that the vehicle visibility report online is now down. They think it is because they are switching over to the 23s.  No news on why mine is the only truck they are waiting for. One year anniversary is next week and no vin or communication from Ford. 

42 minutes ago, mitime said:

Just got off the phone with my dealership. He said that the vehicle visibility report online is now down. They think it is because they are switching over to the 23s.  No news on why mine is the only truck they are waiting for. One year anniversary is next week and no vin or communication from Ford. 

I wouldn't get overly excited about the VVR being down.  Systems go down all the time for a multitude of reasons.  I certainly wouldn't put it down to switching over to MY23.  The Super Duty order bank won't open for another couple of weeks.  Regardless of that fact, the VVR would have to be designed to handle the fact that at the end of any model year, some vehicles would still be in the production/delivery process while orders for new MY vehicles are being taken.  In fact, aren't some models (i.e. other than SD) already open for orders?  

Seems like a random IT glitch...try again in a while.

1 hour ago, mitime said:

The Vehicle Visibility system is not down, at least now. Even so, I'd have trouble remembering it ever being down. As for your Dealer thinking it's because Ford is switching over to the 2023's? That's total BS! The vehicle is not dependent on any Model Year. 

• Like 2

You seem to know a lot about ford and their systems. I have been working with the owner of the dealership for sometime now. They have tried everything to find out why my truck has not been assigned a vin. They have gone up the food chain as far as they can. Infact the dealership’s ford rep was let go last week by ford. When the owner of the dealership can’t get info there’s something wrong elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, F450 said:

Yep 

just got email they changed my build date again 

I was within a week of production I thought it was a good sign of getting built

nope now Oct 10 week

???

Just got email also.  Nov 7 is now my new date.   Glad I got a Vin but tired of Fords Bullshit!

Edited by RFT2112

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information.