2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Andrew9 said:

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information.

Seems to be incredibly inconsistent. I’ve seen trucks in production then built in a matter of days. I’ve been in production with modules populated for 34ish days now. No built date or updates of any kind. 

2 hours ago, Andrew9 said:

In Production 9/23, Modules populated on 23rd as well.   I have the bed liner and Tonneau cover, both of which I know go off site to be done.   Anyone have one built recently and have an idea on how long that process will take?   Ive seen roughly 3 weeks, was curious if anyone had any other information. 

Mine has been in production since 9/12, now showing sent off site, micro-chip at plant on hold.

Hey everyone, new guy here, but after reading over everyone's comments and feedback I decided I was going to join up as I am wondering what is my chances that they won't end up building my truck (f450 platinum). I ordered it back on February 16th, and it still has no vin and hasn't moved from the original status that I am in, so just curious on what you all think my chances are that it ends up getting built or I end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.

3 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

Hey everyone, new guy here, but after reading over everyone's comments and feedback I decided I was going to join up as I am wondering what is my chances that they won't end up building my truck (f450 platinum). I ordered it back on February 16th, and it still has no vin and hasn't moved from the original status that I am in, so just curious on what you all think my chances are that it ends up getting built or I end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.

Without knowing anything about the 2023 orders or details,  except what I have seen of the new models (platinums included)  on you tube I’m going to say your dealer is full of shit!  

4 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

I’d add to RFT2112,

If you don’t get scheduled this week with a VIN, then get with your dealership with an Order Sheet and order a 23 when Order Bank opens…else, you’re not getting built as a 22my, they’re already scheduling into December, then Holiday break happens.

My $.02.

5 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

HI end up getting moved to 2023. Also on that note, my dealer told me he doesn't think in 2023 they will build anything higher than an XLT, so curious if you all have heard anything differently.

Your dealer is an idiot.

Has the dealership asked ford for priority to be moved to "2"?  Are you sure it's been entered as a retail order?  Did you get an email acknowledging your initial order?

Personally, I'd find another dealer on 10/20 and order a 2023.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, road turtle said:

Your dealer is an idiot.

or a liar ..maybe both.  How could they move your order to a 2023 when the orders don't open until October 20th?  This forum and others are full of posts about dealer lies, misinformation, 1/2 truths .etc.     I would take my money elsewhere. 

37 minutes ago, Monoman said:

or a liar ..maybe both.  How could they move your order to a 2023 when the orders don't open until October 20th?  This forum and others are full of posts about dealer lies, misinformation, 1/2 truths .etc.     I would take my money elsewhere. 

Or talk to the Manager.  Was this a salespersons take on things?   Educate them. 

17 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

In addition to what "Road Turtle" wrote... From what you've stated, your Dealer obviously made little effort to manage your order and use their resources and available contacts to help expedite your order scheduling. And at this point it's a bit late as Ford is in the process of completing the "Balance Out" scheduling for 2022MY Super Duty's. 

If anything, Ford makes every effort to build as many higher trim models (Lariat, Platinum, King Ranch, etc.) as possible because of the profits. Your Dealer is making excuses and doesn't have a clue. Find another Dealer! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rgarrison3 said:

Your dealer is full of shit. Ford makes the highest margin on high trim level trucks. They’ll build every Lariat, KR, Platinum, and Limited truck they can get parts for. 

You need to call the sales manager and ask what priority code you’re at. If the answer isn’t a confident “02”, they failed to advocate for your order. I would absolutely order with someone else if they didn’t even get your priority upgraded after 8 months. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

Without knowing anything about the 2023 orders or details,  except what I have seen of the new models (platinums included)  on you tube I’m going to say your dealer is full of shit!  

That is the exact same thing I was thinking, it just doesn't make sense.

14 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

I’d add to RFT2112,

If you don’t get scheduled this week with a VIN, then get with your dealership with an Order Sheet and order a 23 when Order Bank opens…else, you’re not getting built as a 22my, they’re already scheduling into December, then Holiday break happens.

My $.02.

That is exactly what I was thinking

13 hours ago, road turtle said:

Your dealer is an idiot.

Has the dealership asked ford for priority to be moved to "2"?  Are you sure it's been entered as a retail order?  Did you get an email acknowledging your initial order?

Personally, I'd find another dealer on 10/20 and order a 2023.

It is a retail order, when I called last week they said they got me bumped to priority 12 like it was something special, before that in July they said I was priority code 19.

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

Exactly what I was planning on doing, at this point I plan on blowing them up with reviews as it has been a terrible experience.

2 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

Or talk to the Manager.  Was this a salespersons take on things?   Educate them. 

The sales manager hung up on me in July so I have been avoiding him as he got really upset when I asked why I still didn't have a VIN in July.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

In addition to what "Road Turtle" wrote... From what you've stated, your Dealer obviously made little effort to manage your order and use their resources and available contacts to help expedite your order scheduling. And at this point it's a bit late as Ford is in the process of completing the "Balance Out" scheduling for 2022MY Super Duty's. 

If anything, Ford makes every effort to build as many higher trim models (Lariat, Platinum, King Ranch, etc.) as possible because of the profits. Your Dealer is making excuses and doesn't have a clue. Find another Dealer! 

This dealer is absolutely trash, they have not been helpful and keep shuffling me around to different sales people.

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Your dealer is full of shit. Ford makes the highest margin on high trim level trucks. They’ll build every Lariat, KR, Platinum, and Limited truck they can get parts for. 

You need to call the sales manager and ask what priority code you’re at. If the answer isn’t a confident “02”, they failed to advocate for your order. I would absolutely order with someone else if they didn’t even get your priority upgraded after 8 months. 

I just called and let them know this about 5 minutes ago, hoping I get a callback; for the past few weeks they haven't even bothered calling/texting me back.

• Ordered April 1st 2022
  • Scheduled for production the week of August 29th.
  • Shipped September 5th
  • Dealer called yesterday saying it was in

Lariat CC, LB, 4X4, 6.7, 3.55, Ultimate with LED, 20" wheels, Sunroof, Power Running Boards, 5th wheel prep and bed liner

Crissa, Oracle Ford in AZ has been really good about getting my trucks to me.

Edited by Robin Hood

I ordered a 2022 Star White KRU F250 on 4 Jan from a central Texas dealer.  I received the email confirmation of my order on 5 Jan.  I've followed up on the order multiple times (four in-person visits and multiple emails).  I was in the dealerhsip on 21 September and the sales manager was out.  I went back to the dealrehsip yesterday (28 Sept) and talked to the sales manager.  He checked the vehicle visibility  report and made  the folllowing comment "I didn't know we had one ( an order) this old" .  I reminded him I sent multiple emails to the sales person and he said "I read them".   He immediatley sent an email to  the regional rep to determine why my order wasn't moving.  He said he would contact me as soon as he heard from the regional rep. 

I was seething when I left the dealerhsip and will never use them again. This failure to monitor special orders smacks of incompetence and complete disregrad for good customer service.  WIth the shortage of new cars on the lots sales managers have little to do.  The least they can do is monitor orders.  I was seething when I left the dealreship and will never use them again.  Additionally, I will report this poor customer service to the general manager, regional management and corporate management.  If my 2022 isn't built and I need to order a 2023 I will use another dealer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TXRoadRunner said:

I ordered a 2022 Star White KRU F250 on 4 Jan from a central Texas dealer.  I received the email confirmation of my order on 5 Jan.  I've followed up on the order multiple times (four in-person visits and multiple emails).  I was in the dealerhsip on 21 September and the sales manager was out.  I went back to the dealrehsip yesterday (28 Sept) and talked to the sales manager.  He checked the vehicle visibility  report and made  the folllowing comment "I didn't know we had one ( an order) this old" .  I reminded him I sent multiple emails to the sales person and he said "I read them".   He immediatley sent an email to  the regional rep to determine why my order wasn't moving.  He said he would contact me as soon as he heard from the regional rep. 

I was seething when I left the dealerhsip and will never use them again. This failure to monitor special orders smacks of incompetence and complete disregrad for good customer service.  WIth the shortage of new cars on the lots sales managers have little to do.  The least they can do is monitor orders.  I was seething when I left the dealreship and will never use them again.  Additionally, I will report this poor customer service to the general manager, regional management and corporate management.  If my 2022 isn't built and I need to order a 2023 I will use another dealer.

If you want would you be interested in sending me the dealer you ordered from? I am curious if we ordered from the same dealer as I am in central texas (Austin area) as well.

56 minutes ago, rgarrison3 said:

It is a retail order, when I called last week they said they got me bumped to priority 12 like it was something special, before that in July they said I was priority code 19.

Exactly what I was planning on doing, at this point I plan on blowing them up with reviews as it has been a terrible experience.

The sales manager hung up on me in July so I have been avoiding him as he got really upset when I asked why I still didn't have a VIN in July.

This dealer is absolutely trash, they have not been helpful and keep shuffling me around to different sales people.

I just called and let them know this about 5 minutes ago, hoping I get a callback; for the past few weeks they haven't even bothered calling/texting me back.

Your Dealer's behavior and lack of action proves all everything that's been said in the reply posts made. Sales manager hung up on you? Inexcusable! You should have gone over his head and talked to either the general manager or the Dealer Principal. Priority 12 after all that time? Incompetence and complete ignorance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rgarrison3 said:

How many times have you gone in person to force a response? They’re clearly blowing you off. I understand you may not be seeking a conflict, but you can’t let someone treat you like that. It only reinforces their belief that they can push you around. I would have been at the store within the hour after someone hangs up on me like that. Not to start a fight, but to train them like a dog that the only way to make me go away is to give me what I want. The current approach is clearly not getting you anywhere. You’re on the verge of being cancelled and pushed to a 2023. The only way you’re getting built now is if your dealer convinces their zone manager to fix this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, le engineer said:

How many times have you gone in person to force a response? They’re clearly blowing you off. I understand you may not be seeking a conflict, but you can’t let someone treat you like that. It only reinforces their belief that they can push you around. I would have been at the store within the hour after someone hangs up on me like that. Not to start a fight, but to train them like a dog that the only way to make me go away is to give me what I want. The current approach is clearly not getting you anywhere. You’re on the verge of being cancelled and pushed to a 2023. The only way you’re getting built now is if your dealer convinces their zone manager to fix this. 

I am going up there tomorrow to see what is happening, fingers crossed it does something ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rgarrison3 said:

I am going up there tomorrow to see what is happening, fingers crossed it does something ?

Go in the with right mentality. You aren’t asking for a favor. They OWE you an explanation. They OWE you a plan of action. They OWE you proof of follow through. Any response that says “call us later” or “we’ll get back to you” is completely unacceptable. They can get back to someone who hasn’t been waiting all year. At this point you should be face to face with a sales manager or higher. Skip the salesman. 

Questions to ask:

What is my current priority code?
How long has it been at this priority?

If it hasn’t been at 10 or 02 for several months, ask why. 

If your current code isn’t 02, ask why. 
- When did they contact the Ford zone manager to upgrade your priority?

- What did the zone manager say?

What is your store doing to get my order built? Don’t accept “everything we can” or some vague noncommittal response. Demand specific actions and deadlines. 

Don’t let them fast talk their way out of any of these questions. If they try to feed you bs or avoid giving a direct answer, interrupt them, look them dead in the eye, and calmly ask it again. Force them to give you straight answers. 

Edited by le engineer

I just spoke with Ford corporate marketing customer service.  The lady stated my F250 King Ranch was priority 2, order processing, unscheduled clean (same status sine April).  She indicated order balancing was in progress and believed the info on orders which can not be built would soon be available.  Does anyone know when balance out info will be available?

Also, can anyone point me to contact  information on regional reps?  I want to contact the Texas regional rep regarding my 5 January 2022 order.

51 minutes ago, TXRoadRunner said:

I just spoke with Ford corporate marketing customer service.  The lady stated my F250 King Ranch was priority 2, order processing, unscheduled clean (same status sine April).  She indicated order balancing was in progress and believed the info on orders which can not be built would soon be available.  Does anyone know when balance out info will be available?

Also, can anyone point me to contact  information on regional reps?  I want to contact the Texas regional rep regarding my 5 January 2022 order.

Ford is doing 2022MY Super Duty "Balance Out" scheduling now with scheduling expected to be completed within the next 2-3 weeks. That's the only information available right now. I don't expect to see any other information prior to a notice that the "Balance Out" scheduling has been completed. 

Contact information for Ford Regional representatives is for Dealer use only. It's your Dealer's responsibility to contact their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance in expediting the scheduling of your order. Without other information, your Dealer should have been advocating on your behalf on a continuous basis. "Unscheduled/Clean" only means that the order is clean, without errors, and can be scheduled. It's still subject to commodity and plant constraints, etc. Your Dealer has access to the applicable commodity and plant constraints specific to your order via the AM Scheduling Preview Reports.  

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Ford is doing 2022MY Super Duty "Balance Out" scheduling now with scheduling expected to be completed within the next 2-3 weeks. That's the only information available right now. I don't expect to see any other information prior to a notice that the "Balance Out" scheduling has been completed. 

Contact information for Ford Regional representatives is for Dealer use only. It's your Dealer's responsibility to contact their Ford Zone Manager and/or the Regional Scheduler for assistance in expediting the scheduling of your order. Without other information, your Dealer should have been advocating on your behalf on a continuous basis. "Unscheduled/Clean" only means that the order is clean, without errors, and can be scheduled. It's still subject to commodity and plant constraints, etc. Your Dealer has access to the applicable commodity and plant constraints specific to your order via the AM Scheduling Preview Reports.  

IIRC the MY23 order banks open in 3 weeks.  It sure would be nice to have AT LEAST ONE WEEK to review the MY23 full specs/brochure before being forced order a MY23 on short notice because Ford is not going to build my MY22.    Telling MY22 order holders after the MY23 banks open just puts them further back in line.  My other concern is that some of the new features won't be available until Spring 2023 which adds to the delays.    FWIW - I do like the MY23 but do I want to wait until April?  No, I ordered in December 2021 so I can tow an RV we're getting in December 2022 ... never expecting it a year would not be long enough.   

It would be nice if Ford was up front with customers and said "This is what we can build you for 2022. Otherwise, you gotta wait."  I'd probably order whatever I can get by December AND order a 2023.

</venting>