2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, le engineer said:

Go in the with right mentality. You aren’t asking for a favor. They OWE you an explanation. They OWE you a plan of action. They OWE you proof of follow through. Any response that says “call us later” or “we’ll get back to you” is completely unacceptable. They can get back to someone who hasn’t been waiting all year. At this point you should be face to face with a sales manager or higher. Skip the salesman. 

Questions to ask:

What is my current priority code?
How long has it been at this priority?

If it hasn’t been at 10 or 02 for several months, ask why. 

If your current code isn’t 02, ask why. 
- When did they contact the Ford zone manager to upgrade your priority?

- What did the zone manager say?

What is your store doing to get my order built? Don’t accept “everything we can” or some vague noncommittal response. Demand specific actions and deadlines. 

Don’t let them fast talk their way out of any of these questions. If they try to feed you bs or avoid giving a direct answer, interrupt them, look them dead in the eye, and calmly ask it again. Force them to give you straight answers. 

Great questions, I am going to be making some notes and going in with everything written up for them to document for me. Thanks!

X plan question- Ordered 12/6/2021 and received a scheduled build week for 11/21/2022. In review of the X-plan information on Fordpartner.com I saw this -

How long is a PIN valid?

PINs remain active for 12 months from

the date of issue.

my question is - since shipping

is “questionable” if I am unable to purchase

my truck until after 12 months do

I need another PIN? or is my original

one still valid?

Edited by Nutz

44 minutes ago, Nutz said:

X plan question- Ordered 12/6/2021 and received a scheduled build week for 11/21/2022. In review of the X-plan information on Fordpartner.com I saw this -

How long is a PIN valid?

PINs remain active for 12 months from

the date of issue.

my question is - since shipping

is “questionable” if I am unable to purchase

my truck until after 12 months do

I need another PIN? or is my original

one still valid?

You don’t need the pin until delivery.  If you already generated one and it expires you have to get a new one.

The platinum I ordered in January was finally scheduled for week of Sept 26.  In 48 hours my tracker status went from in production to built and shipped with estimated delivery of Oct 11 -17.  How could this be possible in these times?   Especially since I ordered extras like console vault, 5 prep, moonroof, bed step.  I thought 5 prep and the rear wheel liners were done offsite.  Ordertrack says in transit but no rail data yet. 

Can "in transit" mean offsite or can my truck actually have been completed in 48 hours and be already waiting for a railcar?

Anyone have a truck shipped - delivered to Harrisburg, PA area recently?

2 hours ago, Durango said:

The platinum I ordered in January was finally scheduled for week of Sept 26.  In 48 hours my tracker status went from in production to built and shipped with estimated delivery of Oct 11 -17.  How could this be possible in these times?   Especially since I ordered extras like console vault, 5 prep, moonroof, bed step.  I thought 5 prep and the rear wheel liners were done offsite.  Ordertrack says in transit but no rail data yet. 

Can "in transit" mean offsite or can my truck actually have been completed in 48 hours and be already waiting for a railcar?

Anyone have a truck shipped - delivered to Harrisburg, PA area recently?

Our Platinum Tremor completed in 48 hours, and had 5th wp.  Then sat at Ramp 8P for three weeks before shipping to Petersburg, Virginia…then arrived at dealership two days later to Charlottesville, Virginia, last Friday.

Drove it home to northern Virginia today.

8 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Congrats! Good feeling isnt it?

(The 3 week of knowing its sitting there on some flatbed of some kind and you cant have it......well.....not so much a good feeling!)????

Drove our 2012 F150 max-tow with 6.2l v8 down to get new truck, got 17.2mpg.

New truck, 7.3l v8 got 14.3mpg on return trip…not unhappy with that being a brand new truck.

12 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Drove our 2012 F150 max-tow with 6.2l v8 down to get new truck, got 17.2mpg.

New truck, 7.3l v8 got 14.3mpg on return trip…not unhappy with that being a brand new truck.

I got 2022 f250 with 6.2 gas and im averaging around that with combination towing and empty local and highway. Just rolled over 10k miles so assuming not getting any better but didnt buy fot mpg

2 hours ago, Freissnation said:

My truck has been built since 8/17.  Has anyone received any information about how long shipping will really take?  Ford says all clear and no chip holds.  How will they be able to handle 2023 orders when they can t even ship the 2022’s?  

So, our F250 Platinum Tremor, 7.3l gas went into production on 8/18, built 8/19, shipped 8/20, but sat at ramp 8P Shelbyville for about 3 weeks.

Arrived at Petersburg Virginia 9/21, then dealership Charlottesville Virginia on 9/23, so just over a month after built.  Drove down from northern Virginia next day, and went back down and drove it home yesterday, 9/30.

Hope you get similar or soon.

Edited by sjmcken81
Correction
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, paulwb said:

I got 2022 f250 with 6.2 gas and im averaging around that with combination towing and empty local and highway. Just rolled over 10k miles so assuming not getting any better but didnt buy fot mpg

Our 2012 F150 6.2l v8 had 3.73 gears for max-tow.  Would normally get 12mpg around town, 16-ish mpg highway, and 9mpg towing our 8500lb travel trailer.

Your F250 6.2l isn’t doing bad, considering it’s easily 1k pounds heavier than our 6250lb F150.

That said, hoping our 7400lb Platti Tremor makes our TT tow like it’s not there, and hoping for 8mpg towing.  Also, rpm’s between 6.2l with 3.73 gears and 6-speed, and 7.3l with 4.3 gears and 10-speed are very similar on the highway.

32 minutes ago, sjmcken81 said:

Our 2012 F150 6.2l v8 had 3.73 gears for max-tow.  Would normally get 12mpg around town, 16-ish mpg highway, and 9mpg towing our 8500lb travel trailer.

Your F250 6.2l isn’t doing bad, considering it’s easily 1k pounds heavier than our 6250lb F150.

That said, hoping our 7400lb Platti Tremor makes our TT tow like it’s not there, and hoping for 8mpg towing.  Also, rpm’s between 6.2l with 3.73 gears and 6-speed, and 7.3l with 4.3 gears and 10-speed are very similar on the highway.

Im not complaining it tows great ive had 12k plus behind it and feels like nothing compared to my f150 with 8k behind it. Definitely worth the loss of mpg 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Freissnation said:

My truck has been built since 8/17.  Has anyone received any information about how long shipping will really take?  Ford says all clear and no chip holds.  How will they be able to handle 2023 orders when they can t even ship the 2022’s?  

I'm at 190 days now, waiting to ship...but who's counting! Absolutely ridiculous. 

• Angry 1

@ice-capades.  Do you have ANY inside information as to how to get my truck shipped after 190 days? Dealer is no help, Regional Zone Rep is of no help, Ford Customer Service could care less. There has been no updated information since April 14th. You would think a dealership would want to get paid on a $70+k vehicle that they were invoiced for in February. I'm at a loss as where,and who,to gripe to. Routinely seeing vehicles that were ordered after mine was built, now being delivered. Very disappointed in Ford and their shipper. 

Edited by Big Jon

9 hours ago, Big Jon said:

@ice-capades.  Do you have ANY inside information as to how to get my truck shipped after 190 days? Dealer is no help, Regional Zone Rep is of no help, Ford Customer Service could care less. There has been no updated information since April 14th. You would think a dealership would want to get paid on a $70+k vehicle that they were invoiced for in February. I'm at a loss as where,and who,to gripe to. Routinely seeing vehicles that were ordered after mine was built, now being delivered. Very disappointed in Ford and their shipper. 

190 days? ... Take a look around.  There are plenty of folks waiting a lot longer.  The lower trim levels seem to be shipping sooner which makes sense because they have less parts.    When I ordered  (and confirmed) on December 6th I never thought I would be waiting this long.  Back then wait times were up to 6 months so I figured ok June/July at the latest.  Well it is now October and I still don't have a VIN and if I don't get a VIN by October 20th, when the MY23 order bank opens up,  then I will have to order MY23 ASAP.   Even if I order a MY23 on 10/20 I don't think Ford is going to ship higher trim lines right away because quite a few MY23 features state "available Spring 2023".  If that happens then it will be about 18 months from my original order.

I am not sure I can wait 18 months.  Ford (as well as all auto makers) are trying to deal with supply chain issues but there are parts of their system are clearly broken.  Dealerships are clueless and there is no clear communication on how customer orders are truly prioritized, selected, built, and delivered.  Customer orders are definitely not "first come, first served" even after dealing with constraints. 

Good luck and be patient .. .or not ;-)

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

190 days? ... Take a look around.  There are plenty of folks waiting a lot longer.  The lower trim levels seem to be shipping sooner which makes sense because they have less parts.    When I ordered  (and confirmed) on December 6th I never thought I would be waiting this long.  Back then wait times were up to 6 months so I figured ok June/July at the latest.  Well it is now October and I still don't have a VIN and if I don't get a VIN by October 20th, when the MY23 order bank opens up,  then I will have to order MY23 ASAP.   Even if I order a MY23 on 10/20 I don't think Ford is going to ship higher trim lines right away because quite a few MY23 features state "available Spring 2023".  If that happens then it will be about 18 months from my original order.

I am not sure I can wait 18 months.  Ford (as well as all auto makers) are trying to deal with supply chain issues but there are parts of their system are clearly broken.  Dealerships are clueless and there is no clear communication on how customer orders are truly prioritized, selected, built, and delivered.  Customer orders are definitely not "first come, first served" even after dealing with constraints. 

Good luck and be patient .. .or not ?

I have been very patient with this whole fiasco. Truck was ordered in Dec of 21, built, completed,finished,no holds, free and clear of any kind of parts issues in March of 22. The problem is, that it's been sitting, verified BUILT, for now 191 days with no updates, only 30 day shipping bumps. I find that quite excessive for shipping, do you? It's not that I'm waiting to get a VIN, or get scheduled for production, the truck is built, yet it sits, as now they are starting to weed thru the chip hold trucks and ship those...but yet mine sits! Call it what you want, but I think I've been patient long enough.

• Like 1

So, is it possible for a truck to be "un-scheduled" after being scheduled?  I have a VIN, had an original build week of 10/10, then had it moved to 10/17.  I hadn't heard anything in a while, so I checked again yesterday and now it just says "order confirmed":

Order Confirmed

Your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week. Once scheduled, a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and estimated build date can be provided. Be sure to view the Vehicle Summary section and learn about the features on your vehicle.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Big Jon said:

With the microchip holds, commodity issues and supply chain issues, vehicles can end up being held for very long periods prior to being released for shipping. To be held for this long, there has to be a microchip and/or other parts issue. Additional factors include your vehicle specifications with higher trim levels and heavily optioned vehicles requiring additional microchips and parts. If the vehicle is on microchip hold, there will be a specific notation on the Vehicle Visibility Report. Some parts shortages have resulted in vehicle specifications being changed by Ford or certain options either being removed by Ford or available only during specific production periods. There is no easy answer and it's your Dealer's responsibility to press their Ford Zone Manager for answers to the delay. 

Your issue is with Ford, not the shipper. The vehicle doesn't get released for shipping until all required parts are installed and the vehicle meets Ford's quality standard. The rail carrier has no responsibility until the vehicle is released, assigned and loaded onto a rail car. As for your Dealer wanting to get paid, until the vehicle is shipped, the vehicle hasn't cost the dealership anything, regardless of the date it was invoiced by Ford.