2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, jreddman said:

my 2022 F350 Tremor ordered 11-28-21 finally got scheduled for build week 9-12 but bumped to 10-3. went into production last Monday, In production for a week as of today. No modules or updates. Anyone else in Batch 8529

My KR 350 was in an earlier batch 8124, it stayed in production for just over a week before anything started showing up 

2 hours ago, Big Jon said:

I have been very patient with this whole fiasco. Truck was ordered in Dec of 21, built, completed,finished,no holds, free and clear of any kind of parts issues in March of 22. The problem is, that it's been sitting, verified BUILT, for now 191 days with no updates, only 30 day shipping bumps. I find that quite excessive for shipping, do you? It's not that I'm waiting to get a VIN, or get scheduled for production, the truck is built, yet it sits, as now they are starting to weed thru the chip hold trucks and ship those...but yet mine sits! Call it what you want, but I think I've been patient long enough.

In addition to my previous reply... how is it that you know there are no holds or parts issues preventing your vehicle from being released for shipping? The only hold information that would be noted anywhere is a microchip hold which would be on the Vehicle Visibility Report which I mentioned earlier. Depending on your vehicle model, trim and specifications there could be multiple microchips and/or parts required to complete the vehicle.   

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

So, is it possible for a truck to be "un-scheduled" after being scheduled?  I have a VIN, had an original build week of 10/10, then had it moved to 10/17.  I hadn't heard anything in a while, so I checked again yesterday and now it just says "order confirmed":

Well, looks like the tracking tool is just messed up.  Checked with my salesman and it still shows scheduled to day of 10/19, so maybe it will be built!

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

In addition to my previous reply... how is it that you know there are no holds or parts issues preventing your vehicle from being released for shipping? The only hold information that would be noted anywhere is a microchip hold which would be on the Vehicle Visibility Report which I mentioned earlier. Depending on your vehicle model, trim and specifications there could be multiple microchips and/or parts required to complete the vehicle.   

Thank you for the response. Attached is the plant VVR, (bottom pic)  as well as the dealer VVR(top pic)  Plant VVR shows shipped on 3/29. Dealer VVR shows it went on rail delay shortly after on 4/14, where it has sat ever since with no updates. The latest dates are now 10/9-10/15 as of this morning. My assumptions are that it will not make those dates either, as no railcar information has been provided. 

Screenshot_20221003_114032.jpg

received_551472006205386.jpeg

Good Afternoon from Ohio,

I have been reading this forum since February after ordering my '22 super duty in December of '21. My dealer is a small rural dealer and while they have taken my calls when I check in they have been less than helpful in navigating the order and sales process. On a number of occasions it seems like I am telling them something 'new' that I learned from here that they should have already known. They have confirmed price protection for my order but they are being less clear about financing. My truck has been built for a couple weeks and I am expecting delivery sometime this month so I am trying to be informed before I go to pick it up. Is it possible to get a copy of the smart vincent for my order/protection date of december 16, 2021 from someone other than my dealer and have it ready for when I go in to pick it up? When I have mentioned it to them it feels like the dealer is trying to push me to finance locally through someone that probably gives them a kickback but if there are better rates through ford motor credit I don't want to get ripped off. I do not have a PCO or x-plan but I have near perfect credit. If they cant come through with a decent rate I can pay cash but I am trying to know what all my options are in advance. Thanks again to everyone for all the info that has been shared here this past 10 months as it has kept me sane through these crazy wait times.

48 minutes ago, Big Jon said:

Thank you for the response. Attached is the plant VVR, (bottom pic)  as well as the dealer VVR(top pic)  Plant VVR shows shipped on 3/29. Dealer VVR shows it went on rail delay shortly after on 4/14, where it has sat ever since with no updates. The latest dates are now 10/9-10/15 as of this morning. My assumptions are that it will not make those dates either, as no railcar information has been provided. 

Screenshot_20221003_114032.jpg

received_551472006205386.jpeg

The Vehicle Visibility Report normally shows the rail carrier and rail car number once it's been loaded which may not be the case considering the elapsed time. Your Dealer can tell you from experience with other Super Duty's which rail carrier will transport the vehicle once loaded onto a rail car, after which the rail car number will be available. Your Dealer has to be able to contact someone at the Ford regional office or the Order Processing Center to get answers. There's also an online form that your Dealer can submit at FMCDealer to generate an inquiry and response within 1-2 business days or less. 

57 minutes ago, bertbertbert said:

Good Afternoon from Ohio,

I have been reading this forum since February after ordering my '22 super duty in December of '21. My dealer is a small rural dealer and while they have taken my calls when I check in they have been less than helpful in navigating the order and sales process. On a number of occasions it seems like I am telling them something 'new' that I learned from here that they should have already known. They have confirmed price protection for my order but they are being less clear about financing. My truck has been built for a couple weeks and I am expecting delivery sometime this month so I am trying to be informed before I go to pick it up. Is it possible to get a copy of the smart vincent for my order/protection date of december 16, 2021 from someone other than my dealer and have it ready for when I go in to pick it up? When I have mentioned it to them it feels like the dealer is trying to push me to finance locally through someone that probably gives them a kickback but if there are better rates through ford motor credit I don't want to get ripped off. I do not have a PCO or x-plan but I have near perfect credit. If they cant come through with a decent rate I can pay cash but I am trying to know what all my options are in advance. Thanks again to everyone for all the info that has been shared here this past 10 months as it has kept me sane through these crazy wait times.

I'm not sure if anyone other than your Dealer can provide the SmartVincent information for your vehicle as it's not an area that I need to access very often. Traditionally, Ford Credit has been the preferred credit source for financing but in the past couple of years Ford has relaxed its rules and now allows Dealers to promote 3rd party finance sources on Ford hosted dealership websites. Capital One has become very aggressive in the automotive financing market with rates as much as 2% lower than Ford Credit and more favorable terms for dealerships than Ford Credit.

Your Dealer should be able to provide you with the total amount due at delivery so that you can research financing alternatives on your own if that's what you prefer to do. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

40 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Vehicle Visibility Report normally shows the rail carrier and rail car number once it's been loaded which may not be the case considering the elapsed time. Your Dealer can tell you from experience with other Super Duty's which rail carrier will transport the vehicle once loaded onto a rail car, after which the rail car number will be available. Your Dealer has to be able to contact someone at the Ford regional office or the Order Processing Center to get answers. There's also an online form that your Dealer can submit at FMCDealer to generate an inquiry and response within 1-2 business days or less. 

My dealer has been less than helpful. Only after a very strongly worded email about what we've read on here, wait times, order and build times etc, did we elicit a response from them. The dealer forwarded the email to the Zone Manager who we thought, after her reply, could make something happen. Well, that's not the case now. She has now moved to a different position within Ford and I'm back to square one now. I've had cases, or inquiries,opened with Ford Customer Service on 2 different occasions,  with callbacks from the supervisors. They have no information other than rail delay. It seems to me that not one soul at Ford cares if you get a vehicle or not. Someone, somewhere, knows where that truck is and why it was put on rail delay. I need to find that person! 

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

My dealer has been less than helpful. Only after a very strongly worded email about what we've read on here, wait times, order and build times etc, did we elicit a response from them. The dealer forwarded the email to the Zone Manager who we thought, after her reply, could make something happen. Well, that's not the case now. She has now moved to a different position within Ford and I'm back to square one now. I've had cases, or inquiries,opened with Ford Customer Service on 2 different occasions,  with callbacks from the supervisors. They have no information other than rail delay. It seems to me that not one soul at Ford cares if you get a vehicle or not. Someone, somewhere, knows where that truck is and why it was put on rail delay. I need to find that person! 

I wish there was something else I could tell you or recommend so that you could get the answers you require.

Traditionally, the Ford Zone Manager's position is an entry level position filled by recent college graduates, when there are openings, the sons or daughters of Dealer Principals (dealership owners) that grew up in the business, etc. Ford works them hard, they put in long hours and pre-pandemic, spent a lot of time on the road. Like any other role or industry, there are those that excel, those that get the job done and those that don't last. The good ones move up, and often moved to other areas within the company to gain more experience and opportunities. 

Regardless, the Ford Zone Manager is the primary contact between your Dealer and the Ford Regional Office. New Zone Manager or not, it's your Dealer's responsibility to engage and encourage them in using and/or finding whatever resources or contacts are available within the company, at the regional or corporate level, to get the required answers. Easier said than done as you know from your own experience! Sometimes, it can be a matter of the Dealer Principal or General Manager having developed contacts over the years that they can call on for assistance. 

I'd be making a pest of myself with phone calls and e-mails to the sales manager, general manager and/or the Dealer Principal so that they do everything possible to get answers. They also have nothing to lose by submitting a written inquiry online via the FMCDealer form submission process, as I wrote earlier. And other than just calling Ford's Customer Service with a status inquiry, etc. I'd file a complaint with Ford and have them generate a case number so that Ford has a formal record requiring action. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I wish there was something else I could tell you or recommend so that you could get the answers you require.

Traditionally, the Ford Zone Manager's position is an entry level position filled by recent college graduates, when there are openings, the sons or daughters of Dealer Principals (dealership owners) that grew up in the business, etc. Ford works them hard, they put in long hours and pre-pandemic, spent a lot of time on the road. Like any other role or industry, there are those that excel, those that get the job done and those that don't last. The good ones move up, and often moved to other areas within the company to gain more experience and opportunities. 

Regardless, the Ford Zone Manager is the primary contact between your Dealer and the Ford Regional Office. New Zone Manager or not, it's your Dealer's responsibility to engage and encourage them in using and/or finding whatever resources or contacts are available within the company, at the regional or corporate level, to get the required answers. Easier said than done as you know from your own experience! Sometimes, it can be a matter of the Dealer Principal or General Manager having developed contacts over the years that they can call on for assistance. 

I'd be making a pest of myself with phone calls and e-mails to the sales manager, general manager and/or the Dealer Principal so that they do everything possible to get answers. They also have nothing to lose by submitting a written inquiry online via the FMCDealer form submission process, as I wrote earlier. And other than just calling Ford's Customer Service with a status inquiry, etc. I'd file a complaint with Ford and have them generate a case number so that Ford there's a formal record requiring action. 

I greatly appreciate all the information you have provided. We now have some very specific areas we can question them on as to why they haven't done this or or tried that. The useless sales manager will be bypassed upon further correspondence or in person visits. From now on it's strictly the GM or owner! You can bet your bottom dollar there will be a complaint filed against the dealer and their incompetent sales manager. Thanks again for all the help you provide on here, it's invaluable!  

• Thanks 1

It has been 412 days since my order was confirmed and I received the following email today"

Thank you again for your Super Duty F-350 Limited order. We wanted to let you know that we are still up against supply chain challenges, which are causing delays with getting your vehicle into production. While we understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), rest assured, our team is working diligently and aggressively to get you behind the wheel.

We know how much anticipation there is when it comes to getting a new Ford, so we will continue to keep you updated. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience and remain grateful for your patience and understanding.

At this point just cancel the damn order and be done with it...sheesh

Maybe I’m off base, but I can’t help but wonder who those 40,000+ Super Duties at the Kentucky Motor Speedway belong to. Could it be possible some of the delays you’re experiencing are related to the trucks waiting on chips? 

I know if that info shows up on one of the reports ice-capades refers to, he’ll correct me. 

in either case, that’s a metric butt ton of Super Duties out there!

I was on the phone with my sales gal the other day and she told me that their dealership is getting two Super Duties into inventory. I am picking up my truck tomorrow and a good friend is suppose to pick up his by the end of the week. I was surprised about the two other trucks and they are not canceled retail orders. It will be interesting to find out exactly what they are.

Edited by Robin Hood

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

I was on the phone with my sales gal the other day and she told me that their dealership is getting two Super Duties into inventory. I am picking up my truck tomorrow and a good friend is suppose to pick up his by the end of the week. I was surprised about the two other trucks and they are not canceled retail orders. It will be interesting to find out exactly what they are.

You can probably look them on on Ford's site for your dealer's inventory.  Your salesperson should be able to get you the VINs to confirm.  Don't be surprised if the window stickers indicates they are retail orders.

21 hours ago, Big Jon said:

I have been very patient with this whole fiasco. Truck was ordered in Dec of 21, built, completed,finished,no holds, free and clear of any kind of parts issues in March of 22. The problem is, that it's been sitting, verified BUILT, for now 191 days with no updates, only 30 day shipping bumps. I find that quite excessive for shipping, do you? It's not that I'm waiting to get a VIN, or get scheduled for production, the truck is built, yet it sits, as now they are starting to weed thru the chip hold trucks and ship those...but yet mine sits! Call it what you want, but I think I've been patient long enough.

Excessive and not even close to normal.  The fact that you cannot get any real assistance from the dealer or Ford shows just how broken the dealership sales model is for some.  Getting past the Ford zone/regional manager seems like an impossible thing. There should be a clear escalation path and process to get your situation resolved.    If you cannot get the dealership owner (principal?) directly involved then I would avoid doing business with them again.

11 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

Maybe I’m off base, but I can’t help but wonder who those 40,000+ Super Duties at the Kentucky Motor Speedway belong to. Could it be possible some of the delays you’re experiencing are related to the trucks waiting on chips? 

I know if that info shows up on one of the reports ice-capades refers to, he’ll correct me. 

in either case, that’s a metric butt ton of Super Duties out there!

Unless it's changed and I've missed it, the only commodity issue that is noted on the Vehicle Visibility Report is the microchip hold. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Monoman said:

Excessive and not even close to normal.  The fact that you cannot get any real assistance from the dealer or Ford shows just how broken the dealership sales model is for some.  Getting past the Ford zone/regional manager seems like an impossible thing. There should be a clear escalation path and process to get your situation resolved.    If you cannot get the dealership owner (principal?) directly involved then I would avoid doing business with them again.

Sorry, there are a lot of Ford decisions, policies, procedures, etc. that I'm very critical of, but the dealership sales model is not broken. The biggest problem is at the dealership level with many not having qualified, competent and professional management that is aware of and uses the resources available to provide information and answers required by retail customers. Those resources include Ford status reports (Vehicle Visibility, AM Scheduling Preview, etc.) that provide information on commodity and plant restraints, supply chain issues and other factors specific to each unscheduled retail order. The other resources include the Ford Zone Manager and other direct Ford staff members that a Dealer can contact for assistance when necessary.

A professional and competent manager will know how to properly manage the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) regarding order status, priority codes, etc. and take the time to monitor unscheduled retail orders and take the appropriate action to help expedite scheduling whenever possible. That includes contacting the Ford Zone Manager as necessary, utilizing the resources available to know what commodity and plant restraints are applicable and providing accurate, timely information to retail customers. It's inexcusable that retail customers have to constantly chase dealership managers, sales representatives, Ford Customer Service and others to get answers. It's the Dealers responsibility to take whatever action is necessary to get those answers that customers require. 

It's amazing how many dealership managers will plead ignorance about longstanding Ford resources, policies, etc. or simply tell a customer what they think the customer wants to hear because it's easier than taking the time and effort to get the information and answers. It's always the lie and the attempted coverup that gets someone in trouble and destroys reputations, credibility and any future business. It's not the dealership sales model that's broken. The problem is the unprofessional and unethical business practices that more dealerships are using. 

Unfortunately, market conditions that developed over the past couple of years have many more dealerships conducting business in ways that are only cementing the negative opinions that have traditionally plagued the automotive industry. Pricing matters due to the supply vs. demand inventory situation can be questioned, but still understandable. I'm talking about simple MSRP + ADM's here, not refusing to honor Ford's price protection policy, etc. It's when dealerships act in unprofessional and/or unethical manners that everyone suffers. There are dealerships that do excel and provide a very good customer experience and those dealerships will be rewarded with a growing and loyal customer base.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Monoman said:

You can probably look them on on Ford's site for your dealer's inventory.  Your salesperson should be able to get you the VINs to confirm.  Don't be surprised if the window stickers indicates they are retail orders.

Ford's website currently doesn't allow you to build or search inventory for Super Duties.

You can still get there by selecting the 2022|2023 Super Duty (under Trucks in the main menu of ford.com). Then using the dropdown menu to select 2022 Super Duty. From there you should see the Build & Price option. You can get to the inventory search from the summary on the build page. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Sorry, there are a lot of Ford decisions, policies, procedures, etc. that I'm very critical of, but the dealership sales model is not broken. The biggest problem is at the dealership level with many not having qualified, competent and professional management that is aware of and uses the resources available to provide information and answers required by retail customers. Those resources include Ford status reports (Vehicle Visibility, AM Scheduling Preview, etc.) that provide information on commodity and plant restraints, supply chain issues and other factors specific to each unscheduled retail order. The other resources include the Ford Zone Manager and other direct Ford staff members that a Dealer can contact for assistance when necessary.

A professional and competent manager will know how to properly manage the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) regarding order status, priority codes, etc. and take the time to monitor unscheduled retail orders and take the appropriate action to help expedite scheduling whenever possible. That includes contacting the Ford Zone Manager as necessary, utilizing the resources available to know what commodity and plant restraints are applicable and providing accurate, timely information to retail customers. It's inexcusable that retail customers have to constantly chase dealership managers, sales representatives, Ford Customer Service and others to get answers. It's the Dealers responsibility to take whatever action is necessary to get those answers that customers require. 

It's amazing how many dealership managers will plead ignorance about longstanding Ford resources, policies, etc. or simply tell a customer what they think the customer wants to hear because it's easier than taking the time and effort to get the information and answers. It's always the lie and the attempted coverup that gets someone in trouble and destroys reputations, credibility and any future business. It's not the dealership sales model that's broken. The problem is the unprofessional and unethical business practices that more dealerships are using

Unfortunately, market conditions that developed over the past couple of years have many more dealerships conducting business in ways that are only cementing the negative opinions that have traditionally plagued the automotive industry. Pricing matters due to the supply vs. demand inventory situation can be questioned, but still understandable. I'm talking about simple MSRP + ADM's here, not refusing to honor Ford's price protection policy, etc. It's when dealerships act in unprofessional and/or unethical manners that everyone suffers. There are dealerships that do excel and provide a very good customer experience and those dealerships will be rewarded with a growing and loyal customer base.  

We agree on the issues but have a different conclusion is all.  You say the model isn't broken and then point of how some dealerships are screwing up things for the customers. IMO the current dealership model is broken but it could be fixed.  Stronger policy enforcement from the auto makers and better customer support channels to deal work around bad dealers would be a big help.   

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

We agree on the issues but have a different conclusion is all.  You say the model isn't broken and then point of how some dealerships are screwing up things for the customers. IMO the current dealership model is broken but it could be fixed.  Stronger policy enforcement from the auto makers and better customer support channels to deal work around bad dealers would be a big help.   

The part that’s broken is that Ford has no real recourse against bad dealers thanks to franchise laws.  Hopefully the BEV build to order process will fix most of that and the dealers know that they have to do that to compete with Tesla and Rivian, etc.

The other change I’d like to see is outlawing mandatory add ons and requiring the customer to sign a form opting into paint protection, etc. after the sale.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Diesel Dude said:

Just now received an email informing me of another production push to the week of Nov 14.  It was originally Oct 31, then Nov 7.  Good news is that there aren’t many weeks left in the year to push it to! ?

I got the same email of death. Pushed from Nov 28 to Dec 5. Praying they won’t continue… there are only a few weeks left after that before the 2023 cutoff. 

Insanity!  My truck was built after 6 months from order, went across the street to be fitted with wheel well liners and mudflaps, and then sat a couple of days.  It was loaded on a railcar that I tracked from Kentucky through Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming and finally into Utah.  It stopped at the rail yard in Salt Lake City and two days later was unloaded AND THERE IT HAS SAT FOR 8 DAYS.  I called the dealer and I was told my sales consultant would call back - HE DIDN'T.  They said there was a shortage of car haulers.  I explained that I have a pre-approved loan that will go up 1/2% next Tuesday if I don't have the truck.  This equates to about $1500 more in interest to me.

So, If I hear nothing tomorrow, I am going to speak with the Sales Manager and tell him I expect a credit for the shipping charge since they failed to deliver a truck to me.  How is it that my truck can go from Kentucky to Utah in less time than from the rail yard a mile and a half to the dealer?  For crying out loud, call a tow truck to go get it.  I am thinking it was damaged in shipment and they are trying to cover their tracks.

Any other things I should try?