2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

54 minutes ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Ice-capades, in your experience does Ford typically post Balance Out information prior to order banks opening for the next MY?    If the 2022 King Ranch Ultimate I ordered on 5 Jan cannot be built between now and 22 December I want to be very early in the line to place a 2023 order.

Not really, as scheduling isn't usually finished until after the next Model Year's USOB opens. Ford is still scheduling 2022MY Super Duty's this week for vehicles that will be scheduled for production the week of 12/19/2022. Even so, Ford will probably be doing "Cleanup" scheduling next week at least to try to complete the 2022MY Super Duty scheduling. 

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Not really, as scheduling isn't usually finished until after the next Model Year's USOB opens. Ford is still scheduling 2022MY Super Duty's this week for vehicles that will be scheduled for production the week of 12/19/2022. Even so, Ford will probably be doing "Cleanup" scheduling next week at least to try to complete the 2022MY Super Duty scheduling. 

Yeah that's where I sit. Still waiting to see if I'm getting the MY22 I ordered last December but if that isn't going to happen I want to be in the front of the line for a MY23.

How much of a truck has to be assembled, to be titled as a MY22?  It seems a lot of MY2022 trucks probably won't deliver until calendar year 2023, might not even see final assembly before 1/1/2023.  My truck went into production on 8/19/2022.  It wasn't "Built" until 10/1/2022.  Given a similar timeline 2022's, scheduled for the week of 12/19 might not be complete until 2/1/2022 +/-.

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Following up on a question I asked a few days ago… not sure if you had a chance to see it. When specific features balance out, is that effective immediately? Or is that only for vehicles that have yet to get a production week + VIN by the time of the announcement?

25 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Following up on a question I asked a few days ago… not sure if you had a chance to see it. When specific features balance out, is that effective immediately? Or is that only for vehicles that have yet to get a production week + VIN by the time of the announcement?

The later it gets in the Model Year, the greater the risk of the order including commodities that "Balance Out" early which has always been the case. Pre-pandemic and the resulting market changes scheduled retail orders were built as scheduled, with few scheduled retail orders canceled due to commodities that balanced out early or earlier than expected. Retail orders now comprise 50% or more of production compared to about a 5% retail order rate pre-pandemic.

With the 50% retail order rate and the substantially increased issue of commodity restraints, including the substantial impact of increased and unexpected supply chain issues, all orders scheduled for production towards the end of the Model Year at are increased risk of not being produced, the closer it gets to the "Balance Out" production date. Ford does everything it can to produce every retail order, but today's market forces and supply chain issues are factors that can only be controlled to a certain degree. 

Placing a retail order does not include a guarantee that the order will be produced.   

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

300 days since ordered. 212 long days awaiting shipping....and it still hasn't shipped! 

Have you tried Ford Chat or contacted Ford Corporate Executive Office?…get Ford involved.

Obtw, our F250 Platinum Tremor took 13 months to schedule, then build, 15 1/2 months to deliver…after 6 months Priority 2, then Ford Corporate intervention at 13 months to get Priority 1 to make it happen.  If we didn’t get Ford Corporate involved, it would have never gotten built.

Had it now for three weeks…love it.

If you really want it, get involved to make it happen…dealership is of no help.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition
  • Like 1

I’m starting to fear that I will be in the situation IceCapades mentioned earlier - not getting built before balance out.  I was originally scheduled for the week of Nov 28, just got an email stating it has been pushed to December 5.   

9 hours ago, Wyo82 said:

I’m starting to fear that I will be in the situation IceCapades mentioned earlier - not getting built before balance out.  I was originally scheduled for the week of Nov 28, just got an email stating it has been pushed to December 5.   

I’m right there with you. Originally 11/28, now 12/5. No news is good news I guess. 

11 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Have you tried Ford Chat or contacted Ford Corporate Executive Office?…get Ford involved.

Obtw, our F250 Platinum Tremor took 13 months to schedule, then build, 15 1/2 months to deliver…after 6 months Priority 2, then Ford Corporate intervention at 13 months to get Priority 1 to make it happen.  If we didn’t get Ford Corporate involved, it would have never gotten built.

Had it now for three weeks…love it.

If you really want it, get involved to make it happen…dealership is of no help.

Ford finally got involved a few weeks back about the long delay in shipping. Not much has changed unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

I’m right there with you. Originally 11/28, now 12/5. No news is good news I guess. 

Me to! I called my Dealership interstate Ford. My Sales contact said no Worries. That he has never seen where there has been a vin issued then a truck not built. Can only hope he is correct! Damn it feels like you have to win the lottery to to end up with a truck.

If I don’t receive my vehicle. Hopefully January February 2023. I don’t see the point in ordering a 2023 if my 22s not delivered in a year of waiting I’ll don’t see why I would wait another year for 23? Unless we are at the head of the line??

Will see? But my dealership is confident I can only hope he’s not blowing smoke up my ass?

24 minutes ago, gotodd12 said:

Me to! I called my Dealership interstate Ford. My Sales contact said no Worries. That he has never seen where there has been a vin issued then a truck not built. Can only hope he is correct! Damn it feels like you have to win the lottery to to end up with a truck.

If I don’t receive my vehicle. Hopefully January February 2023. I don’t see the point in ordering a 2023 if my 22s not delivered in a year of waiting I’ll don’t see why I would wait another year for 23? Unless we are at the head of the line??

Will see? But my dealership is confident I can only hope he’s not blowing smoke up my ass?

That was true up until a couple of years ago. The VIN numbers are assigned at the time the order is scheduled but I've seen a number of scheduled orders cancelled by Ford due to unexpected commodity and/or supply chain issues during the balance out stage.  

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, gotodd12 said:

I’ve been reading these and been keeping quite since I’ve also been scheduled and bumped around a bit.  I received a window sticker yesterday so shit just got real!    Build date is next Monday.  Hoping delivery doesn’t take 4 months.  Would suck to buy a 22 in 23my.  

Well my first experience with Ford has been a complete nightmare. I have ordered trucks before and never seen a shit show like this. One year since i ordered truck. Its been built clean with no holds, according to Ford corporate since Oct 5. Was supposed to be delivered by truck, Oct 13, then Oct 19, then Oct 29 now as of last night i got an Email from Ford saying Oct 23-29, yet corporate and the dealer told me it updated to Nov3. I need a truck, not a email. My dealer has asked repeatedly  to pick the truck up as we are 3 hours from plant. He has to go to Nashville, TN to the rail yard to pick ones up from Michigan that come by rail and get stuck in the yard for months. At this point I will settle for a Ram or whatever I can find. I asked the executive office to give me an answer by close of business on wtf is going on so i can make a decision to walk away. Yes my dealer will get a nice truck i have waited a year on but how much longer am i expected to wait. Ford is flooding my emails about the 2023. What a freaking Joke. Oversell and under produce should be there motto. 

1 hour ago, gotodd12 said:

My rep at Granger said they should receive a list of soon to be cancelled VINs if any of their customers are affected. It sure sounds like scheduled orders are in danger of getting axed, like IC said. 

My understanding is that orders cancelled after receiving a VIN get higher priority when converted to MY 2023. We should be going straight to priority 01/02 if the nightmare continues into the new year. The messier question is what happens to pricing on a re-order. 

43 minutes ago, le engineer said:

My rep at Granger said they should receive a list of soon to be cancelled VINs if any of their customers are affected. It sure sounds like scheduled orders are in danger of getting axed, like IC said. 

My understanding is that orders cancelled after receiving a VIN get higher priority when converted to MY 2023. We should be going straight to priority 01/02 if the nightmare continues into the new year. The messier question is what happens to pricing on a re-order. 

Please! Keep us posted when you here! I will do the same. In the last 9 months my dealer reached out to me zero times.

I'm also waiting for my 2022 F450 Lariat to be s hipped from the KTP to Arizona. Truck was built on 9/6 and is not missing any parts (no holds). I was able to get  PCO on the latest campaign and it's expires 1/3/23. So things better get moving. I actually ended up buying another new truck (Chevy) in June to use during the summer and just sold it for a profit. lolol So here I wait with so many others. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Talk to your Dealer. 

Its coming convoy not rail. Dealer has no clue. He even reached out to his regional manager to see if we could pick the truck up. They have not responded to him. I have found multiple ford emails to managers at the plant and plan on reaching out, but im sure it wont help. I do have an executive office liaison but she has not been much help. she did get me scheduled but after being bumped four times on a delivery date all she can tell me is the ramp its on and there are no issues or holds and its awaiting shipment 

I talked to my dealer again yesterday.  They claim they were just reviewing my order and cannot figure out why they are not building it.  He knew my truck and options off the top of his head, so unless he had his order system up and was a fast typer, I actually believe what he said.  My build is 2022 F250 CCLB 7.3,  antimatter blue, Marsala interior, and he said he can’t see any constraints, that I’d even get the multi-contour seats.  Now he did ask if I wanted to convert to a 23 and I said ,no.  I’m not getting back in line.  Fool me once…..  What I believe is that I was late to the game, ordered in March of 2022, and that there are so many people ahead of me that there’s no way they’ll get to me.  Fair enough,   I would hope that all you that ordered similar builds would get yours before me.  I still check email 2 or 3 times a day hoping.  

2 hours ago, jreddman said:

Its coming convoy not rail. Dealer has no clue. He even reached out to his regional manager to see if we could pick the truck up. They have not responded to him. I have found multiple ford emails to managers at the plant and plan on reaching out, but im sure it wont help. I do have an executive office liaison but she has not been much help. she did get me scheduled but after being bumped four times on a delivery date all she can tell me is the ramp its on and there are no issues or holds and its awaiting shipment 

Your Dealer must be an idiot. They would know from other Super Duty vehicles shipped to their dealership.  

On 10/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, gotodd12 said:

Please! Keep us posted when you here! I will do the same. In the last 9 months my dealer reached out to me zero times.

Got some more news today, less than ideal. Ford is limiting their store to 120 super duty allocations for MY 2023. The wait list of buyers is double that. If my order gets cancelled by Ford after order banks open, they may not have an allocation available to re-order. Praying for a smooth 2022 production cycle as planned!

Edited by le engineer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Got some more news today, less than ideal. Ford is limiting their store to 120 super duty allocations for MY 2023. The wait list of buyers is double that. If my order gets cancelled by Ford after order banks open, they may not have an allocation available to re-order. Praying for a smooth 2022 production cycle as planned!

Thanks For the News. On one hand it’s nice that one way our another. Should no where we stand coming up.