2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer must be an idiot. They would know from other Super Duty vehicles shipped to their dealership.  

They have several different ones. I spoke to someone at the plant that’s trying to get me an answer. He told me it’s turned over to contracted services that use several carriers. So no my dealer isn’t an idiot I don’t think. But being this close to the plant they get many private auto transporters that deliver vehicles. Csx delivers from Dearborn to Nashville where again they have different carriers. Security at the plant actually got me in touch with someone in the shipping dept that found my truck, he knew the dates it was supposed to ship. He knew when it got there etc. he said he would check into it and call me back. Was more help than ford executive office and dealer. He didn’t promise he could help. But said he would find out what he could as it had been turned over to the ford contracted delivery services and was just awaiting shipping. He assured me he would call back and I have his direct number. Again it might just be another dead end. But my patience has ran out. I know some have waited longer than I. I’m just a say over a year.

• Like 1

So when it says it’s shipped it might be still waiting at plant to get picked up

i have a delivery date 11/7 to Southern California 

I might not get it this year?

428 days waiting for truck so far

Edited by F450

On 10/26/2022 at 11:03 AM, le engineer said:

My rep at Granger said they should receive a list of soon to be cancelled VINs if any of their customers are affected. It sure sounds like scheduled orders are in danger of getting axed, like IC said. 

My understanding is that orders cancelled after receiving a VIN get higher priority when converted to MY 2023. We should be going straight to priority 01/02 if the nightmare continues into the new year. The messier question is what happens to pricing on a re-order. 

Well that sucks. I had a confirmed order 436 days ago and nothing.

By your statement someone who ordered after me and has a VIN would have higher priority than me?? F that

1 hour ago, sosptuba said:

Well that sucks. I had a confirmed order 436 days ago and nothing.

By your statement someone who ordered after me and has a VIN would have higher priority than me?? F that

The implied message from my rep is that when they start taking orders for 2023, allocations will run out regardless of whether they’ve been picked up for scheduling. They’ve got 120 slots and they’re presumably taking 120 orders. 

We didn’t discuss whether they’re holding X amount of allocations for at risk 2022 order holders, or if Ford corporate will award incremental allocations for cancelled 2022 orders. So long as my 2022 remains scheduled for production, I’m trying not to blow up his inbox. 

Le engineer,

Do you mind revealing how you received he informaation regarding the allocation of 120 2023 super duties for the dealership you used?  If your delareship provided he info I'll go see the GSM at Truck City Ford and shake some trees.  I ordered a KRU on 5 January and the GSM has no idea why it hasn't been selected for production.

3 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Le engineer,

Do you mind revealing how you received he informaation regarding the allocation of 120 2023 super duties for the dealership you used?  If your delareship provided he info I'll go see the GSM at Truck City Ford and shake some trees.  I ordered a KRU on 5 January and the GSM has no idea why it hasn't been selected for production.

I don’t understand why your KRU hasn’t been scheduled either. I ordered late Feb and my. KRU is scheduled for mid Nov. These are the things that make zero sense to me. 

Edited by Diesel Dude

1 hour ago, Diesel Dude said:

I don’t understand why your KRU hasn’t been scheduled either. I ordered late Feb and my. KRU is scheduled for mid Nov. These are the things that make zero sense to me. 

I saw my dealer today he pretty much said the same thing very limited allocation for the 2023‘s and that they were only going to produce 23 for nine months and then jump to the 24.

1 hour ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Stopped by my stealership and spoke with the GSM.  Yesterday they received an email from Ford stating Ford was not selecting any Super Duties for production this week.  Has nyone else received this information?

I think the dealer is giving you the runaround Sir,They know exactly what the status is, I ordered 1/8/22 ,in production 10/12/22, Built 10/15/22, Waiting on shipment , dealer called yesterday and told me what rail ramp the truck was on, still not sure when it’ll actually ship.

499D0273-3C18-4BE1-B14E-E97FCF063997.png

On 10/27/2022 at 10:47 AM, jreddman said:

They have several different ones. I spoke to someone at the plant that’s trying to get me an answer. He told me it’s turned over to contracted services that use several carriers. So no my dealer isn’t an idiot I don’t think. But being this close to the plant they get many private auto transporters that deliver vehicles. Csx delivers from Dearborn to Nashville where again they have different carriers. Security at the plant actually got me in touch with someone in the shipping dept that found my truck, he knew the dates it was supposed to ship. He knew when it got there etc. he said he would check into it and call me back. Was more help than ford executive office and dealer. He didn’t promise he could help. But said he would find out what he could as it had been turned over to the ford contracted delivery services and was just awaiting shipping. He assured me he would call back and I have his direct number. Again it might just be another dead end. But my patience has ran out. I know some have waited longer than I. I’m just a say over a year.

Hey there is there anyway your contact can help me? My truck was produced on 8/20 and built on 9/14 and now I’m on my 4th arrival date and Est. Nov. 25 to Dec. 1. The dealer and the Ford willing to do nothing to help me. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:23 PM, TXRoadRunner said:

sjmcken81, can you provide the email or mailing addresse you used to get Ford corporate involved?

TX,

At this point, I don’t see the purpose of contacting Ford Corporate..This weeks scheduling was for the week of 12/19 before KTP shuts down for Holiday break.  Once they reopen after New Years, they start Job 1 on MY2023. And, I didn’t see anyone mentioning getting scheduled for that week.

I’ve been watching for Ice-Capades on Production and Sales, and he didn’t say anything yet.  I could be wrong, but I think his next post there will be about Balance Out…pretty much meaning MY22 SD is done.

Sorry

PS Just checked now and Ice has not updated post on Production and Sales since last Saturday…usually does it every week.

Edited by sjmcken81
Addition

I received a built notice 8/17/22 and have been awaiting shipping ever since. Bumped four times and still waiting. Dealer and Ford won’t tell me anything.  They do say no holds.   I really don’t understand how trucks can be built and shipped and others sit for months.  For a diesel truck sitting at the speedway for months can’t be good for it.  

TX,

At this point, I don’t see the purpose of contacting Ford Corporate..This weeks scheduling was for the week of 12/19 before KTP shuts down for Holiday break.  Once they reopen after New Years, they start Job 1 on MY2023. And, I didn’t see anyone mentioning getting scheduled for that week.

I’ve been watching for Ice-Capades on Production and Sales, and he didn’t say anything yet.  I could be wrong, but I think his next post there will be about Balance Out…pretty much meaning MY22 SD is done.

Sorry

PS Just checked now and Ice has not updated post on Production and Sales since last Saturday…usually does it every week.

sjmcken81,  in reponse to my inquiry on 10/24 Ice-capades indicated Ford will probably be doing cleanup scheduling the week of 10/31.  While it's a small chance of getting scheduled this week it wouldn't hurt to shake some trees at Ford corporate.  Additionally, I need a Ford corporate contact to handle dealership challenges.

9 hours ago, DjMatrok said:

Lariat Ult. CC 6.7

Production scheduled for 10.31.22

in production 10.27.22

window sticker available 10.28.22

still not built as of 11.2.22???

is the tracking site a little delayed?

It took my 250 a full month to go from In Production (8/17) to Built (9/17). The modules were active for at least 2 weeks before I finally got a Built status.

Now going on almost 2 months of Awaiting Shipment. Estimated delivery pushed back a second time to 9-14 November but I don't have high hopes for that either since it's still sitting in Kentucky.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:59 PM, sjmcken81 said:

In case you missed it in the production forum, Ice no longer has access to that information.  I'm assuming with 37 years in the biz, he did a well deserved thing and retired. 

1 hour ago, River Wild said:

In case you missed it in the production forum, Ice no longer has access to that information.  I'm assuming with 37 years in the biz, he did a well deserved thing and retired. 

I saw Ice’s multiple posts there as well.  Don’t think he retired, just Ford took his access away.

Edited by sjmcken81
Correction

7 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Do we have any updated news on 2022 MY balance out and "can't build"  notification to customers who ordered a 2022 Super duty?

I haven’t seen anything. Ford gave me a heart attack today though. I got an email titled “order your 2023 super duty” and thought they cancelled my order. Turned out to be a generic marketing email. Phew!

2 hours ago, le engineer said:

I haven’t seen anything. Ford gave me a heart attack today though. I got an email titled “order your 2023 super duty” and thought they cancelled my order. Turned out to be a generic marketing email. Phew!

I got the same one. Come on Dec5th!

867738ED-3776-41B9-9E76-08279C10653E.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bulldog5454 said:

Holy Cow,!I wasn’t sitting down when I checked my email a few seconds ago and bumped my head. I just got a production notice for 12/5 and a VIN.  Ordered 3/14/22 confirmed 3/16.

Congratulations!  I ordered three months prior to you and have not yet received a production date.  I have a 5 Jan 2022 confirmed order for a F250 King Ranch with the ultimate package.  Which model and packags did you order?