2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

22 hours ago, harry22 said:

It took my 250 a full month to go from In Production (8/17) to Built (9/17). The modules were active for at least 2 weeks before I finally got a Built status.

Now going on almost 2 months of Awaiting Shipment. Estimated delivery pushed back a second time to 9-14 November but I don't have high hopes for that either since it's still sitting in Kentucky.

What am I missing about the modules being active?  I've seen this a few times, but I'm not sure what it is referring to.  Can you elaborate?

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

What am I missing about the modules being active?  I've seen this a few times, but I'm not sure what it is referring to.  Can you elaborate?

It means the software and instructions have been loaded in the various modules that tell the truck's systems what to do.  Think of it as the Frankenstein "It's Alive!" moment.  Doesn't mean the truck is complete, but you can assume it's pretty close.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PineNut said:

It means the software and instructions have been loaded in the various modules that tell the truck's systems what to do.  Think of it as the Frankenstein "It's Alive!" moment.  Doesn't mean the truck is complete, but you can assume it's pretty close.

So how do you know the modules are active?

I really thought I was going to get canceled. Just got an email November 3 stating my platinum is going to production the week of November 28. I was kind of looking forward to maybe getting the 2023. But then again I’m happy not having to pay $8000 more and waiting another 8 months for job 2 production.  

On 10/21/2022 at 7:25 AM, harry22 said:

Mine was "Built" on 9/17...still hasn't "Shipped" either. Also took 30 days to go from "In Production" to "Built".

Original delivery dates 9/26 - 10/2. No further updates until 10/11 when the dates got pushed to 10/16 - 10/22. Given it's currently 10/21 and there's been no movement, I'm not holding by breath. 

What was your order date and which engine did you order?

On 8/12/2022 at 8:10 AM, alheinze said:

Hi all!  I am a long time GM owner and have ordered my first Ford.  

I ordered a F-250 King Ranch on 1/19/2022.  As of last week, my dealer said that I am listed as "Priority 2" and have been for a little over a month.  I check in with them every month now, and I think they are getting sick of me a bit.

I have a side bet with a sales person at another dealership for $100.  He doesn't think I will see my truck this year.  

What's the deal?  As a first time Ford buyer, this is extremely painful!

Does your order havet he 6.7L power stroke?

Good morning all, looking for some opinions. Truck built on 8/25 was sent offsite and then released. Still showing awaiting shipment. Next estimated date is Nov 8-14. Not sure how I feel about it. Going to talk to my dealer this week as getting this truck is becoming very important as I’m taking a big trip at the end of dec and really relying on having this truck. Also constantly killing my trade in as I’m driving 4-5k miles a month for work. I want to see if he knows anyone we can get involved higher up but I’m also wondering if it’s worth the cost for me (depending on what it is) to have my delivery location switched to whatever dealership is right next to the KTP. I know I have to pay a fee to switch it, but I feel like if it only had to go a couple miles it would deliver much quicker. Any ford guys have opinions on it switching it will help? At this point getting before the 20th of dec is looking less and less possible. 

16 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Does your order havet he 6.7L power stroke?

Yes.  

King Ranch, CCSB

6.7L Power Stroke

KRU package

Adaptive Steering (I know, right?)

-Order placed and confirmed on 1/19

-Built on 11/2

-Shipped, anticipated arrival 11/13 thru 11/19

27 minutes ago, alheinze said:

Yes.  

King Ranch, CCSB

6.7L Power Stroke

KRU package

Adaptive Steering (I know, right?)

-Order placed and confirmed on 1/19

-Built on 11/2

-Shipped, anticipated arrival 11/13 thru 11/19

Thanks.  Even though my order was confirmed on 1/5 for King Ranch with ultimate package CCSB 6.7 without adaptive steering I don't have a build date.  The production selection process doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason.  Plesa post pictuers when yu take delivery!

40 minutes ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Thanks.  Even though my order was confirmed on 1/5 for King Ranch with ultimate package CCSB 6.7 without adaptive steering I don't have a build date.  The production selection process doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason.  Plesa post pictuers when yu take delivery!

Definitely will do!  Mine is Antimatter Blue and Two-toned.  

Did you get the spray-in-bedliner or 5th wheel prep?  I skipped on both because I was told that would have lengthened the lead time.  

Luckily, we have a company called LINE-X within 10 minutes of the dealership.  They are going to take care of it right away.

7 hours ago, alheinze said:

Did you get the spray-in-bedliner or 5th wheel prep?  I skipped on both because I was told that would have lengthened the lead time.  

Luckily, we have a company called LINE-X within 10 minutes of the dealership.  They are going to take care of it right away.

My salesman advised against gettng the bedline as it would lengthen delivery.  I have LINE-X on my 2011 F150 and will go back to that shop when I receive my F250.  I have a 6,800 Winnebago Voyage travel trailer and didn't need the 5th wheel prep.  

My 3.6 twin turbo F150 has enough powere for the TT though with a headwind or a slope the turbos are continually engaged.  But the rear end of hte F150 gets squirrely when being passed or a side wind.  Thus the need for a F250.

11 hours ago, alheinze said:

Mine is a F350 king ranch ultimate CC/SRW/LB 6.7 antimatter blue two-tone stone gray no spray in bedliner having it done close to the dealer been off the train for a week waiting for a truck to deliver to the dealer hopefully soon.

Just talked to ford customer service to check on my order to double check status

it was supposed to be delivered this week to my dealer

It’s been in transit for 3 weeks

custermer service said it’s at a junction in Illinois ? 

does that mean I won’t get truck for awhile?

They said no chip hold on it 

ford is very disappointing 

oct 2021 was ordered 

Ordered KRU, 6.7 in 12/2021. Found this forum in 2/2022 which has been a godsend. The information here has been educational and insightful. (Wish I had found it BEFORE I ordered). I don’t post much, but look here every day. (Addicted my wife said)?
As an observation I have noticed the postings are dwindling with fewer  and fewer  of us waiting  for our 2022’s. 
I received my coveted “scheduled email” 9/15 and had 5 changes since. Currently scheduled for week of 11/28 and hoping it holds. Of those of us still waiting, it appears they are mostly KR and above trim levels, with a few Lariats sprinkled in.
Question - anyone on here have a built week past Dec 5, and if so what Trim level did you order?

1 hour ago, Nutz said:

Ordered KRU, 6.7 in 12/2021. Found this forum in 2/2022 which has been a godsend. The information here has been educational and insightful. (Wish I had found it BEFORE I ordered). I don’t post much, but look here every day. (Addicted my wife said)?
As an observation I have noticed the postings are dwindling with fewer  and fewer  of us waiting  for our 2022’s. 
I received my coveted “scheduled email” 9/15 and had 5 changes since. Currently scheduled for week of 11/28 and hoping it holds. Of those of us still waiting, it appears they are mostly KR and above trim levels, with a few Lariats sprinkled in.
Question - anyone on here have a built week past Dec 5, and if so what Trim level did you order?

I'm one of the few still waiting on my 22 to ship. It's only been 227 days since being built and awaiting shipping! Fully expect to not see it this year, or ever actually. More than likely, if i do see it driving down the road, it'll be with someone else behind the wheel. Only have a couple more weeks until I walk away altogether. It's been a very disappointing, expensive, and hard lesson to learn. Thanks Ford!?

I have to ask? Your Dealer has no answers? 
and is expecting you to wait how long?

And they have not ordered you a 23?

Is there a past max wait average here on this site?

I also will lose, so far about 4000 as I have already traded in my 2020 in. And since No way even if my build Week Dec 5th will it be here before end of year taxes. 
But just Mind Numbing that someone at this time can’t tell you where the hell and why you don’t have your vehicle?

Has anyone received any communication from Ford with info on how Ford intends to handle their unfilled 2022 MY Super Duty order?  I have not received any communication regarding my 5 Jan 2022 confirmed order for  a F250 King Ranch with the 6.7L engine and the ultimate package.  I'm frequently in touch with the GSM at my dealership who says he's only getting the sound of crickets from Ford.  The GSM believes I will be bumped to a 2023, thinks I will be price compensated and moved to the head of the 2023 production line but he admits he is only speculating.  

Many of us are getting the mushroom treatment "keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit"

Let me know what y'all know.