2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Has anyone received any communication from Ford with info on how Ford intends to handle their unfilled 2022 MY Super Duty order?  I have not received any communication regarding my 5 Jan 2022 confirmed order for  a F250 King Ranch with the 6.7L engine and the ultimate package.  I'm frequently in touch with the GSM at my dealership who says he's only getting the sound of crickets from Ford.  The GSM believes I will be bumped to a 2023, thinks I will be price compensated and moved to the head of the 2023 production line but he admits he is only speculating.  

Many of us are getting the mushroom treatment "keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit"

Let me know what y'all know. 

We can look to other models that have already balanced out for a hint of what may happen to waiting super duty customers. As of now it seems they’ll issue a PCO to offset increases in MSRP. 

The big question is what happens to allocations. According to Granger, Ford is no longer granting incremental allocation for retail orders. They’re capped at 120 units for the year no matter how many customers want to buy a truck. With over 220 customers in line for the 2023 MY and order banks already open, simple math tells us that there may not be allocations available for people whose 2022 orders get cancelled at the end of production.

While I’d like to assume good dealers kept allocations in reserve to replace at risk 2022 orders, I want to know if Ford will grant additional allocation to take care of those who get screwed and have a dealer with no 2023 allocations remaining. 

Never good when ford does not give you updates  

Ford selling all trucks being produced so they don’t care to change there ways

ford blames dealer

dealer blames ford and

in my case ford blames convoy service for it not being delivered to dealer

9 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Has anyone received any communication from Ford with info on how Ford intends to handle their unfilled 2022 MY Super Duty order?  I have not received any communication regarding my 5 Jan 2022 confirmed order for  a F250 King Ranch with the 6.7L engine and the ultimate package.  I'm frequently in touch with the GSM at my dealership who says he's only getting the sound of crickets from Ford.  The GSM believes I will be bumped to a 2023, thinks I will be price compensated and moved to the head of the 2023 production line but he admits he is only speculating.  

Many of us are getting the mushroom treatment "keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit"

Let me know what y'all know. 

I would think that the '22 balance out needs to happen very soon (maybe this week?). I did see trucks getting scheduled last week, though. I'm still unscheduled and it's annoying (painful, actually) to see all these '23 orders going in while we sit it out. I remember seeing that scheduling for the '23s will start in November, so the changeover needs to happen.

2 hours ago, KevinLK said:

I would think that the '22 balance out needs to happen very soon (maybe this week?). I did see trucks getting scheduled last week, though. I'm still unscheduled and it's annoying (painful, actually) to see all these '23 orders going in while we sit it out. I remember seeing that scheduling for the '23s will start in November, so the changeover needs to happen.

I called into my dealer last night to check on my order. I'm priority 02 and hopeful to get scheduled soon. The dealer said we will know in the next 3 weeks. He said that some people have been told that they will not be getting their 2022 orders. (They were Priority 10 - Balanced Out).

I still have hope.

F250 CCSB - Diesel - Platinum - Rapid Red - Moon Roof

Ordered and confirmed 3/4/2022

11 hours ago, le engineer said:

We can look to other models that have already balanced out for a hint of what may happen to waiting super duty customers. As of now it seems they’ll issue a PCO to offset increases in MSRP. 

The big question is what happens to allocations. According to Granger, Ford is no longer granting incremental allocation for retail orders. They’re capped at 120 units for the year no matter how many customers want to buy a truck. With over 220 customers in line for the 2023 MY and order banks already open, simple math tells us that there may not be allocations available for people whose 2022 orders get cancelled at the end of production.

While I’d like to assume good dealers kept allocations in reserve to replace at risk 2022 orders, I want to know if Ford will grant additional allocation to take care of those who get screwed and have a dealer with no 2023 allocations remaining. 

Canceled orders get priority at granger. The 120 allocations don’t include the 20 cancellations at the front of the line. I was one of them but I got a production email from ford a few days ago for my platinum with a November 28th production date which caught me off guard.  I was already in discussions with ford about what they were going to do with my cancelled order.

-if you had a pco for your MY22 order they are extending those for the MY23

-ford will also issue another pco to use at the time of purchase to offset the increase. This pco is stackable and is determined by which model you order and the difference in price.

Ford would not hint at the total of the second pco.  Just saying you will know at the time of purchase.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LT75 said:

Canceled orders get priority at granger. The 120 allocations don’t include the 20 cancellations at the front of the line. I was one of them but I got a production email from ford a few days ago for my platinum with a November 28th production date which caught me off guard.  I was already in discussions with ford about what they were going to do with my cancelled order.

-if you had a pco for your MY22 order they are extending those for the MY23

-ford will also issue another pco to use at the time of purchase to offset the increase. This pco is stackable and is determined by which model you order and the difference in price.

Ford would not hint at the total of the second pco.  Just saying you will know at the time of purchase.  

Thanks for the info. Question - did Granger tell you what your base price would be relative to invoice on the 2023 order? It was 2% under invoice for 2022, but with the allocation restriction I think they alluded to invoice + $1500 for 2023. Curious if cancelled orders get grandfathered in on sub-invoice pricing. I’m sitting on a Dec 5 production week and know I’m a delay or two away from getting cancelled. 

Edited by le engineer
Fixed typo

1 hour ago, le engineer said:

Thanks for the info. Question - did Granger tell you what your base price would be relative to invoice on the 2023 order? It was 3% under invoice for 2022, but with the allocation restriction I think they alluded to invoice + $1500 for 2023. Curious if cancelled orders get grandfathered in on sub-invoice pricing. I’m sitting on a Dec 5 production week and know I’m a delay or two away from getting cancelled. 

Cancelled orders still got 2% under invoice. All new orders were $1500 above invoice.

• Like 1

My dealer called and told me I was being bumped to a 2023.  I told him I would change my order form a King Ranch to a LAriat in order to get produced on Job 1.  He firmly beleived I will be pushed to teh head of he production laine and Ford would offer some sort of PCO.

I'm displeased with the lack of communcation from my dealer and felt like I was always pulling teeth.  Can I switch dealers and  still get priority ordering and the production PCO?

1 hour ago, TXRoadRunner said:

My dealer called and told me I was being bumped to a 2023.  I told him I would change my order form a King Ranch to a LAriat in order to get produced on Job 1.  He firmly beleived I will be pushed to teh head of he production laine and Ford would offer some sort of PCO.

I'm displeased with the lack of communcation from my dealer and felt like I was always pulling teeth.  Can I switch dealers and  still get priority ordering and the production PCO?

Reach out to ford to see. That’s what I did. They took my order number, PCO number and everything. I just don’t know if dealers have enough allocations this year. Didn’t they say it’s a short production run for the MY23, then a full run for MY24?

That is why I’m kind of happy about my ‘22 getting built. I didn’t want to wait until the summer for the job2 production to get my platinum. It’s been long enough 

Edited by LT75

2 hours ago, LT75 said:

52 minutes ago, LT75 said:

Reach out to ford to see. That’s what I did. They took my order number, PCO number and everything. I just don’t know if dealers have enough allocations this year. Didn’t they say it’s a short production run for the MY23, then a full run for MY24?

That is why I’m kind of happy about my ‘22 getting built. I didn’t want to wait until the summer for the job2 production to get my platinum. It’s been long enough 

LT75, are you suggesting reaching out to Ford corporate?  I will contact the other dealer and see if they can take over the order and allocation.

I have the same concerns on allocations and don't know if another dealership would let me horn in on their allocations.  

Yes the 23MY will only run for 9 months and they'll start up the  24My in October.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, Chris E said:

No idea, my F-450 has been sitting in Louisville built with no holds since 10-3 and they now say it will arrive between 12-12 to 12-18. 

Ditto. Mines been sitting at the KTP since 9/6. No holds. I got this today, which is already nonsense unless it's on the bullet train. Interesting thing is, these email usually move the date a month, this was only a few days to week or so. Maybe it means it's ion queue now? Who knows? 

image.png.6af82d2af79dda6feeb8293a4b50a36a.png

What the hell is going on with shipping! My Lariat was released on 9 21 ! It was supposed to ship 10/20-10/26! Now I’m been pushed to 11/14-11/20! Called my dealership and said did y’all see the latest email on shipping? Yeah we did! I said AND!  Oh I got an email from dealer saying I’m being rude ! Tuff shit!!They’re about as useless as tits on a boar hog!! This is freaking ass disgusting!

16 hours ago, jarrsong said:

Ditto. Mines been sitting at the KTP since 9/6. No holds. I got this today, which is already nonsense unless it's on the bullet train. Interesting thing is, these email usually move the date a month, this was only a few days to week or so. Maybe it means it's ion queue now? Who knows? 

image.png.6af82d2af79dda6feeb8293a4b50a36a.png

Sitting awaiting shipping since 9/17. The usual pattern for me seems to be an email telling me to expect delivery in the next 10 days, then crickets, then about 9-10 days after the delivery window has been missed another email telling me it will arrive in the next 10 days, rinse, repeat. I'm currently in a 8-14 Nov window but considering the truck is still sitting at KTP I'm guessing I'll be lucky to see it before the end of the year.

My '22 showed up at the dealer yesterday!  Picked it up last night.  Haven't had a chance for pics yet, but will post them in the delivery thread when I get a few free minutes.

This truck is awesome!  Not bad buying a truck at 12k under sticker price these days...the 14 month wait paid off in that respect!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just found out my truck is at gateway yard Illinois for the last couple weeks

custermer service just said new date of delivery is dec11

thats exactly a month later then what ford emailed me before

What does the truck do there 

just wait for a train?

• Like 1

My truck finally showed up,at the dealer yesterday!  Waiting to see if I can pick it up today… still needs B&W hitch put in and window tinting but I’ll get those in a few weeks… I just want my truck!  I haven’t seen it personally but my sales guy sent the attached pic.

ordered 2/4

Original build date 10/3 bumped to 10/11

Shipped 10/13

Arrived in Houston 10/23, 75 miles from me

Original delivery 10/27-11/2

Re-scheduled delivery 3x and new shipper dispatched

Delivery 11/11

10881F7B-D97E-45E8-B32E-730B1DABD5DC.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, scubaB said:

My truck finally showed up,at the dealer yesterday!  Waiting to see if I can pick it up today… still needs B&W hitch put in and window tinting but I’ll get those in a few weeks… I just want my truck!  I haven’t seen it personally but my sales guy sent the attached pic.

ordered 2/4

Original build date 10/3 bumped to 10/11

Shipped 10/13

Arrived in Houston 10/23, 75 miles from me

Original delivery 10/27-11/2

Re-scheduled delivery 3x and new shipper dispatched

Delivery 11/11

10881F7B-D97E-45E8-B32E-730B1DABD5DC.jpeg

Very nice, congratulations ??? 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, le engineer said:

Sorry to hear that. What is Ford doing to assist? I assume you’re going straight to priority 02. 

Ford has done nothing so far. No email saying they can't fulfill my 2022 order, no PCO while waiting for a year, no PCO to help cover the $10K price increase, nothing.  I have been fortunate enough to be working with one of the more competent dealers (Granger). Unfortunately, Ford (and other auto manufacturers) seem to be incapable or unwilling to fulfill COVP orders on a first come, first served basis like they indicated they would. I understand there are a lot of variables but when you some people with similar order specs getting trucks in a few months and others waiting over a year then you have to question what is actually happening.  Ford (and other manufacturers) should institute better communications instead of relying on their dealerships. Too many dealerships are lazy or incompetent which is putting it nicely in some cases. 

I have a Platinum on order which Ford won't start building until Job 2 sometime in Spring. It is likely it will be 18 months by the time I get the truck.

Ford never said they would build COVP orders first come.  They simply guaranteed incremental allocations.  That’s the downside of going with Grainger - so many other orders ahead of you.

You don’t get the PCO until you put in the 2023 order and it’s verified.

• Like 1