2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Every 5 years I pickup a new volvo at the plant in sweden

they give 2 free business class ticket to fly there and drive through Europe then give back to them to ship with other new Volvos 

6-8 weeks later I get it back at home

they seem to do it great 

11 hours ago, F450 said:

Every 5 years I pickup a new volvo at the plant in sweden

they give 2 free business class ticket to fly there and drive through Europe then give back to them to ship with other new Volvos 

6-8 weeks later I get it back at home

they seem to do it great 

According to a quick Google search, Ford sells more trucks in a month than Volvo sells across their entire lineup all year. When your volume is low, handling PITA requests like this gets easier. 

On 11/20/2022 at 4:58 AM, 4thTimer said:

None of which would be required if the vehicle were picked up at the factory. 

Those were examples, not the complete list. I think you may be underestimating scope of work to reconfigure each plant to support this option, and overestimating the number of customers who would actually follow through with it. As Kirby said, this isn’t a simple key exchange. It’s a logistical nightmare. 

2 hours ago, F450 said:

I imagine they could limit how many can pickup at factory

Not everyone wants to pickup

They do makes some money  making the most popular vehicles that they could 

There really is no way possible for it to work out. Ford is pushing out upwards of 1,000 Super Duty's everyday. Basically, that would be another 250 employees to help out with showing the customer features on the new vehicle. At best, they could each do 4 vehicles per day. Not to mention, how many would it take to actually prep these vehicles? It's not like they fill up the tank completely full. They put only a couple gallons at best in the tanks on the assembly line. It honestly sounds like a logistical nightmare, and a pain in the backside. 

Sure, offering a "gold key" tour, would be nice. At John Deere, you can get a "gold key tour" with ordering a new tractor. Which usually your salesman takes you to waterloo the night before, wines you and dines you, and then you go to the factory the following day, take a nice tour, and then you get to put the key in your tractor and drive it off the assembly line. But when your spending 500,000+ that is kind of nice. I'd agree, Ford could offer something like that. But Even John Deere doesn't allow you to take the tractor home from right there. They always transport it to the dealer you purchased it from. 

4 hours ago, Lima said:

Just got pushed out again on shipping!!! Was supposed to ship 11/14 - 11/20 now pushed to 12/13 - 12/19 ! Anyone else get this?

I was informed by e-mail on 10/11, that my updated delivery window was 11/14-11/20.  Obviously that has passed, but I've received no update.

27 minutes ago, The Peddler said:

I was informed by e-mail on 10/11, that my updated delivery window was 11/14-11/20.  Obviously that has passed, but I've received no update.

Mine got pushed a third time. Was supposed to be by 11/17 the second time, but my dealer told me now it's 12/16. No email from Ford and the window sticker no longer loads from the tracker. Ordered my F250 XL crew/8' bed on 2/28. 

I may end up getting my '23 KR before this finds its way home. 

BUT, if the XL pushes until January, that resets my xplan clock, so there's that. 

A number of months ago, I posted my story. A quick recap: we ordered our F250, Lariat ultimate, BAP, Tremor, with the 7.3 L engine, in June, 2021. The truck was delivered to our dealership in April of 2022, but they sold it out from under us. By the time we realized what had happened, the order banks were closed. The dealer tried to find us a similarly equipped vehicle at another dealer, with no luck.

Almost 2 months later, they called me. A customer with a super duty on order had contacted them and wanted to cancel because of an illness. Ford allowed them to keep the order spot, but change the feature set to the features we'd originally ordered.

Well, it arrived at the end of October! They had to do a few things at the dealership, and interestingly, it has black plastic covers where the badges will be (in front of the doors)--but we LOVE the truck.

Pricing was a bit of an issue. The truck MSRP was about $8,000 more than our original order. The dealership agreed to match my initial price and give me an extended warranty. This took a bit of work, though. They were reluctant to lose so much money; after reminding them about how much I imagine they made off of my original truck, they softened up...

In any case, we LOVE the truck. It's a dream. Our first Super Duty--first truck, in fact. So glad we stuck it out.

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_5009 copy.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, pjgreen said:

A number of months ago, I posted my story. A quick recap: we ordered our F250, Lariat ultimate, BAP, Tremor, with the 7.3 L engine, in June, 2021. The truck was delivered to our dealership in April of 2022, but they sold it out from under us. By the time we realized what had happened, the order banks were closed. The dealer tried to find us a similarly equipped vehicle at another dealer, with no luck.

Almost 2 months later, they called me. A customer with a super duty on order had contacted them and wanted to cancel because of an illness. Ford allowed them to keep the order spot, but change the feature set to the features we'd originally ordered.

Well, it arrived at the end of October! They had to do a few things at the dealership, and interestingly, it has black plastic covers where the badges will be (in front of the doors)--but we LOVE the truck.

Pricing was a bit of an issue. The truck MSRP was about $8,000 more than our original order. The dealership agreed to match my initial price and give me an extended warranty. This took a bit of work, though. They were reluctant to lose so much money; after reminding them about how much I imagine they made off of my original truck, they softened up...

In any case, we LOVE the truck. It's a dream. Our first Super Duty--first truck, in fact. So glad we stuck it out.

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_5009 copy.jpg

I love when the good guys win. Great looking truck! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lima said:

Just got pushed out again on shipping!!! Was supposed to ship 11/14 - 11/20 now pushed to 12/13 - 12/19 ! Anyone else get this?

Mine had a delivery date of 11/10 to 11/16 and on 11/15 I received the dreaded push back email from ford that the new delivery date was the middle of December, of course I was bummed/mad. The next afternoon the sales manager called me and told me that my truck arrived at the dealer. Go figure. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I just waiting for my next email. Usually takes 8-10 days after they miss the window (11/9-11/15)  before I get a new email. Called the dealer on the 2 month anniversary of my build date (9/17) and they had a new delivery window ending 11/22 which I just laughed at since the truck is still sitting in Kentucky.  Losing hope that it will ship before the railroad workers strike next month.

19 hours ago, pjgreen said:

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_5009 copy.jpg

Great looking truck!  Congratulations 

• Like 1

Ordered my F250 Feb 25, received built notice Aug 29, confirmed built with no holds. Since then it's been the same story as many others have posted with push back after push back on delivery. I drive by my dealer to and from work, last week they had two new superduty's on their lot, after a call to the sales manager to see if he had any update for my order he informed me he had emailed his zone rep. wanting to know why my retail order was still in Kentucky given that they had just received 2 "stock" orders. The zone rep. replied with a generic email about the rail delays they already are dealing with and how it's going to be much worse if a strike actually happens, he obviously has no interest in putting any effort into his position or he would have used my vin# provided to see that it's waiting for a truck just like all of the deliveries to my small town dealer in south central Michigan. I've had no problem with the wait, given all of the product constraints, ford customer service has been very good as well as my dealer, I'm grateful to have my truck built, however the lack of effort from my dealers zone rep. and the fact that stock inventories were  delivered without my retail order starts to put a little edge on the whole process. 

• Like 1

Just got the call my truck is at dealer.  
Was built last week of October.  Basically just shy of 4 weeks from built to delivered to dealer.   F350 Lariet Ultimate CCLB DRW.  NO  5 wheel prep, moon  roof or adaptive steering.   

Going in on Either Friday or next Monday.  

13 hours ago, Lima said:

I did not receive an email from Ford either stating they would need more time to ship! I called assistant manager at dealership and he ran a vvr and told me the date had been pushed to December.

I got my email just now; 5 days after the latest stated arrival date. At least I got the email so I wouldn't have been perpetually in the dark. 

1 hour ago, THASS said:

I got my email just now; 5 days after the latest stated arrival date. At least I got the email so I wouldn't have been perpetually in the dark. 

I too received an e-mail this evening, pushing my delivery dates out another month from 11/14-11/20 to 12/13-12/19.  Initial dates were 10/23-10/29.  It was "Built" on 10/1. Ordered 1/26/22.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeff22 said:

Ordered my F250 Feb 25, received built notice Aug 29, confirmed built with no holds. Since then it's been the same story as many others have posted with push back after push back on delivery. I drive by my dealer to and from work, last week they had two new superduty's on their lot, after a call to the sales manager to see if he had any update for my order he informed me he had emailed his zone rep. wanting to know why my retail order was still in Kentucky given that they had just received 2 "stock" orders. The zone rep. replied with a generic email about the rail delays they already are dealing with and how it's going to be much worse if a strike actually happens, he obviously has no interest in putting any effort into his position or he would have used my vin# provided to see that it's waiting for a truck just like all of the deliveries to my small town dealer in south central Michigan. I've had no problem with the wait, given all of the product constraints, ford customer service has been very good as well as my dealer, I'm grateful to have my truck built, however the lack of effort from my dealers zone rep. and the fact that stock inventories were  delivered without my retail order starts to put a little edge on the whole process. 

100% this post! I'm at 8 months of shipping delays, yet my dealer as well is receiving stock units. Great way to make your customers priority #1, Ford! 

On 11/16/2022 at 6:05 AM, Sonny_d said:

Your situation sounds nearly identical to mine. My truck has been built and released for shipment as of 8 September. There are no holds on it according to the VVR. It’s still sitting in a parking lot. 

i ordered my truck a year ago so I get your frustration. 

Any updates? 
Mine is still sitting haven’t heard a damn thing. Just confused at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Any updates? 
Mine is still sitting haven’t heard a damn thing. Just confused at this point. 

I guess the only update is my next delivery estimate is this Friday to December 1st. 

my delivery estimates seem to be pushing 1-week out at a time now which is not consistent with what I have seen for others.

Regardless, my truck sits awaiting shipment via rail from KTP. 

1 hour ago, Sonny_d said:

I guess the only update is my next delivery estimate is this Friday to December 1st. 

my delivery estimates seem to be pushing 1-week out at a time now which is not consistent with what I have seen for others.

Mine was pushing one week at a time until today when my expected delivery jumped to Dec 16-22. If it actually shows up then it will be there months post build. 

1 hour ago, Sonny_d said:

Mine started at 2 weeks after built, then went to monthly bumps after until mid September, then went 3 bumps at 2 weeks each,respectively. Then started the monthly bumps again. Delivery week starts 11/24-11/30. I FULLY expect to get a bump again for the end of December/ first of Jan 2023. Mind you, all this shipping delay shit started 8 months ago.