2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Has anyone else been bumped to a 23 already? I got notified from my dealer to convert to a 23 last Friday, they said I only had until Monday the 21st to do so and that I would be getting a $5000 rebate if I do. I placed an order but have not seen anything else in this forum indicating this is true. Original order was placed 12-9-21 for a f-350 platinum tremor. It’s been a wild ride, ended up buying a  21 f-250 lariat ultimate tremor with BAP to hold me over, but now I am not sure I want to get rid of the 21 and I am glad I have it even though the value has dropped. Ultimately I want a 350 for increased legal towing capacity. For a 5th wheel that is likely in my future. 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, Volintejas said:

So far, I agree.  

I have a X Plan pin and a PCO from Ford (and ordered it as such) but I’m hoping I don’t get the dealer two step when I go to write the check. 

I’ll report back post deal and let this group know

I picked up my truck today.  The dealer honored xplan pricing at the time of the order (March 21st) without question or issue.  Their offer on my 2021 F150 was in the ballpark where I would have expected it (though a tad on the low side). 

Paperwork and handoff were efficient and quick.  

All in all, no complaints other than the eight month wait. 

My KRU was 90% built on 11-15 and was sent offsite awaiting whatever it needs to complete it. 

My imagination says it’s one of the 45,000 vehicles at the Kentucky Motor Speedway, while waiting for one or more of the latest constraints. Maybe chips, maybe badging, but since I don’t have many options on the truck, I can only assume it’s those common items. 

There’s no ETA for 100% completion, so there’s no ETA on delivery. 

Waiting continues…

2 hours ago, rxwoody said:

Has anyone else been bumped to a 23 already? I got notified from my dealer to convert to a 23 last Friday, they said I only had until Monday the 21st to do so and that I would be getting a $5000 rebate if I do. I placed an order but have not seen anything else in this forum indicating this is true. Original order was placed 12-9-21 for a f-350 platinum tremor. It’s been a wild ride, ended up buying a  21 f-250 lariat ultimate tremor with BAP to hold me over, but now I am not sure I want to get rid of the 21 and I am glad I have it even though the value has dropped. Ultimately I want a 350 for increased legal towing capacity. For a 5th wheel that is likely in my future. 

I was bumped to a 23 last Saturday. I was also told that Monday 21st to complete the 23 order. I received the confirmation email from Ford the same day. I too have the $5,000 discount from Ford.

4 hours ago, TXRoadRunner said:

I was bumped to a 23 on 9 Nov.  My dealer called me in the morning, and I went to the dealership that afternoon. My original 2022 order for a King Ranch ultimate was placed on 5 Jan 2022.  How were y'all informed of the $5,000 discount from Ford for your 2023?  

That’s just what my salesman told me. That’s why I wanted to see if other people were told the same thing. Not sure why they waited until the last minute it seems to get this info out. 

I still have an order outstanding for 1/5.  Dealer (Granger) told me that I needed to order a '23 as the order banks were closing and there was just about no possibility to get the '22 that I had ordered.

No idea of any type of compensation/help from Ford.  Truly feels like lost in limbo.  If you don't order now, the order bank closes, but we won't tell you what, if anything, we will do for not receiving the truck you ordered 11 months ago

Is there something that shows Ford scheduling that an order was actually converted from a 2022 vs a brand new order. My order from Dec 1, 2021 didn't get built. Dealer said we needed to order a 23. We did. I was wondering if orders were really converted or if a new order was added and the original cancelled instead that would put me in a brand new line with all the orders made ahead of mine when the order banks first opened. We converted 3 days before orders closed so quite a few 23s were added before me. Dealer indicates I should be in front of the line (job 2 line that is) but I didn't know if the old and new orders was connected in any way. I'm afraid my 23 might be in the same situation as my 22, at the end of the line and likely not built again. 

3 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Is there something that shows Ford scheduling that an order was actually converted from a 2022 vs a brand new order. My order from Dec 1, 2021 didn't get built. Dealer said we needed to order a 23. We did. I was wondering if orders were really converted or if a new order was added and the original cancelled instead that would put me in a brand new line with all the orders made ahead of mine when the order banks first opened. We converted 3 days before orders closed so quite a few 23s were added before me. Dealer indicates I should be in front of the line (job 2 line that is) but I didn't know if the old and new orders was connected in any way. I'm afraid my 23 might be in the same situation as my 22, at the end of the line and likely not built again. 

I believe it is a new order and your dealer is supposed to prioritize these "carryover" orders higher than all of their other orders.  I do not know if Ford has any knowledge of the carryover orders and prioritizes them over new MY23 orders once they pick them up from the dealers.  

Edited by Monoman

Thanks for the response. Anyone else hear similar stories?  Man, I can see that being true, but I sure hope not. That would mean at best I'm near the front of their own dealer line, but for two weeks people jumped ahead of my year long order when the order banks first opened as we waited two more weeks for possible late 22 scheduling. And given they didn't get me scheduled last year, with orders tight, this year is suspect too. BTW, they schedule all orders as 19s so I guess I've got some work to do to move up.

Do you know if they're in charge of asking for the rebate/PCO?  I got my order confirmation right away, but no word on the carryover rebate. New 23 truck is 8k more than my 22 based on my original order info.

8 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Thanks for the response. Anyone else hear similar stories?  Man, I can see that being true, but I sure hope not. That would mean at best I'm near the front of their own dealer line, but for two weeks people jumped ahead of my year long order when the order banks first opened as we waited two more weeks for possible late 22 scheduling. And given they didn't get me scheduled last year, with orders tight, this year is suspect too. BTW, they schedule all orders as 19s so I guess I've got some work to do to move up.

Do you know if they're in charge of asking for the rebate/PCO?  I got my order confirmation right away, but no word on the carryover rebate. New 23 truck is 8k more than my 22 based on my original order info.

I would think, maybe hope, that if your dealer sets all orders at 19 they would set carryovers at 10 to get picked up sooner. Since you will be Job 2, you should be at 99 now and when they open up Job 2 move you to 10.

10 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Ford matches your personal info between the leftover 22 and new 23 order to generate the PCO.  That’s why they told dealers not to cancel the. 22 orders.

The dealer controls priority on all orders.  They’re supposed to make the holdover orders higher priority (numerically lower) over new orders.  If your dealer is telling you Ford does that they’re either stupid or lying.  They should make all holdovers priority 10 and new orders priority 11 or higher.

Thanks. I'll have to ask my dealer for sure now. I didn't get any cancelation message, only a new "we've got your order confirmation email." With only that, I don't know if they can connect them or not.

My Platinum is currently shown in my order form as a priority 19, job 1.  So if it still sitting like that, I'm probably not right for sure. Perhaps I'll call ford too and see if they have any other thoughts besides call your dealer.

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

Thanks. I'll have to ask my dealer for sure now. I didn't get any cancelation message, only a new "we've got your order confirmation email." With only that, I don't know if they can connect them or not.

My Platinum is currently shown in my order form as a priority 19, job 1.  So if it still sitting like that, I'm probably not right for sure. Perhaps I'll call ford too and see if they have any other thoughts besides call your dealer.

What ever you do don’t deal with a salesman deal only with the sales manager or higher especially on your priority code. The sales manager is the one who sets the priority code. And since you didn’t get your 22 order I would insist that it be changed to a priority 10. That being said I would think they should get the regional rep to move it to a priority 2.

Hi all.

Had a '22 F350 Lariat order that the dealer converted to a '23. I'm in Canada.

I'm having a problem with adding Upfitter Switches. The dealer is telling me that they are not available on Lariat unless I get the Lariat Ultimate Pkg.

I also can't add them on the Ford Canada website. They are included in the Lariat Ultimate Pkg which I do not want on my '23.

It shows as an option in the order guide, it shows as "Included with the LARIAT Ultimate Package. Available on XL, XLT and LARIAT" on the Ford Canada website.

I feel like this is a mistake, maybe an IT issue? I'm not getting anywhere having my dealer add them. Any suggestions on getting these added on my truck order?

13 hours ago, livinlogs said:

I have a platinum 350 tremor that entered production this week . Have no idea how long it will take to arrive . Completion is around the 30th dealer thought 22s would continue into January but I haven’t see any info saying that . 23 job one is suppose to be early Jan 

My 250 KRU was built to 90% completion 11-15 and was shown to be shipped “offsite” with no ETA for completion.  Hopefully you’ll have all the parts needed to complete yours so it gets shipped out. 
I knew this week was going to be a wash with the holidays, but I’m hoping to see progress this week. We’ll see. 

At least this could give you a potential for what you can expect, or excitement if you don’t have to experience it. 

To be clear, my dealer is the one who looked up the detailed info I stated. They have access to much better info. My Ford account still shows in production. 

1 hour ago, Diesel Dude said:

My 250 KRU was built to 90% completion 11-15 and was shown to be shipped “offsite” with no ETA for completion.  Hopefully you’ll have all the parts needed to complete yours so it gets shipped out. 
I knew this week was going to be a wash with the holidays, but I’m hoping to see progress this week. We’ll see. 

At least this could give you a potential for what you can expect, or excitement if you don’t have to experience it. 

To be clear, my dealer is the one who looked up the detailed info I stated. They have access to much better info. My Ford account still shows in production. 

Yes my info was from the dealer . They still show a11/30 completion and a 12/28 arrival but I don’t see how that can be true with how long everyone has been waiting . 

16 hours ago, livinlogs said:

I have a platinum 350 tremor that entered production this week . Have no idea how long it will take to arrive . Completion is around the 30th dealer thought 22s would continue into January but I haven’t see any info saying that . 23 job one is suppose to be early Jan 

Last I read is the 22MY's continue production until the factory shuts down for Christmas. When it resumes in early January, they start production of 23MY.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, livinlogs said:

Yes my info was from the dealer . They still show a11/30 completion and a 12/28 arrival but I don’t see how that can be true with how long everyone has been waiting . 

I surmise that the closer we get to their Christmas break, the more likely our trucks will be completed and moved on to shipping. That could be naive thinking, but I guess we’ll see. 

Hopefully your truck will not have to wait on any chips or other constraints. Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

I surmise that the closer we get to their Christmas break, the more likely our trucks will be completed and moved on to shipping. That could be naive thinking, but I guess we’ll see. 

Hopefully your truck will not have to wait on any chips or other constraints. Good luck!

I’m interested to see how it progresses this coming week. I know they have less than 3 weeks left for this year in the plant . I also am worried that many parts are missing due to end of model run . Maybe I’m just used to seeing scary stories of trucks sitting for months off site . The last 22 my dealer received was about 10/25 . So they haven’t gotten anything since . Not a huge dealer but not a small one either . I’ll update progress for the few that are still waiting . There are tons on here waiting now to see if their 23’s get a scheduled build soon :) 

So what's everyone's thoughts on all the unfinished 2022 models sitting at the racetrack? Ford only has around 4 weeks left to complete all the scheduled builds before the Christmas break and re-tool for the upcoming 23 model. What about all the thousands of unfinished 22's? Will they piece meal those here and there as parts become available, or will they mix them in with the new model on the line? I highly doubt unfortunately that the 22's at the track will be top priority once the 23 model begins production. Shipping is the next hurdle. How far into 2023 will they continue to deliver the 2022 models,especially when the 2023's start arriving at the dealers? As most of you know the shipping process is as bad,if not worse than waiting on a vin# and production. I know this firsthand at 8 months of waiting for a completed vehicle, with no holds to ship! Now add an impending rail strike to the mix, and we'll never see these vehicles in 2022! Ford should really re-evaluate the shipping procedures and offer a more viable alternative than rail shipping.