2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 11/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, Big Jon said:

Bad ECM? How'd they drive it around to be loaded up? Something sounds amiss. Anyway, I took your advice and emailed the list of people you posted. Got a call back about 5 hrs later. Good,encouraging conversation on my issue. We'll see what happens soon enough. 

Every time they wanted to start it, it had to be jumped. It would drain the battery fast. They put new batteries in it and it just drain them so they been trying to figure out the problem so few days ago they told me it was the ECM. They even had to jump it to get it off The truck at the dealer, had to jump it again to put it in the service bay jumped it later that day, to get it down to have the spray in bedliner put in it, jumped it to bring it from linex , and about three other times so now it’s in the shop again I still haven’t drove it, but supposedly tomorrow. 

Edited by King ranch 62

Well

great 

to late for me 

They said they could only give me rate what’s current?

so I just paid it off 

also they almost tried to not use my price protection but I had to say no way

they used a confusing way of getting my total price also adding 10000 from new invoice then subtracting it with price protection 

boy not the best experience on this purchase 

can’t believe roller coaster ride is over

good luck everyone 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, akirby said:

In normal times yes.  But even if you have the money to spend you might not be able to find drivers and trucks.

Why don’t they just let dealers go to the factory and pick the truck up when they’re done. at least for local dealers like within 500 miles that would relieve some of the problem. Instead of truck sitting at a race track for six months and I know they were put there for chips or some other items that were missing but by now I think they would’ve caught up. They just got trucks so buried they can’t get to them. Especially with a potential rail strike.?‍♂️

51 minutes ago, F450 said:

Well

great 

to late for me 

so I just paid it off 

they used a confusing way of getting my total price also adding 10000 from new invoice then subtracting it with price protection 

good luck everyone 

My dealer pulled the same kind of crap. I will never buy another vehicle from said dealer.

After convincing myself that my order would get cancelled and pushed into 2023, I received a pleasant surprise tonight. My window sticker went live! As of now the only delete listed is for the advanced security pack. 

F-250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD

- No AS, 5WP, spray in liner, or other known commodity hold items

3/8/22 - Ordered

9/20 - Scheduled for production week of 11/28

10/4 - Production pushed back to week of 12/5

Radio silence

12/1 - Status changed from

“order confirmed” to “in production”

Praying to the truck gods for no chip/QC holds and a quick shipment to Granger. I’ll shamelessly admit that I was giddy as a school girl when that window sticker went up on ordertrack. 

Edited by le engineer
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Yes! You are eligible for the rates that were applicable at the time the order was placed. When the wife ordered her car in Jan/22, she was eligible for the rates. Car didn't arrive until 5/22. You have to push the finance person on this. Ours volunteered the information. Google search may yield the document stating so.

6 hours ago, F450 said:

Well

great 

to late for me 

so I just paid it off 

good luck everyone 

My dealer didn’t same with me for rates.I even asked twice about rates.   I’m pissed at myself for not really putting my foot down on that.    I’ll pay it off soon.  
This was a  stressful and frustrating experience with the dealer,  even using Xplan.  I felt like I had to be on my toes making sure I wasn’t being screwed after price increases.  I didn’t trust them to make sure price protection was done correctly.  Even had them call Xplan HQ.   

Choose your dealer wisely when using Xplan is what I came away with from my experience. 

I've been reading this topic on and off for the last 9 months. My 2022 was built on 09/24, is released and awaiting shipment. I understand there is a large backlog of vehicles awaiting shipment, but does anyone know when they plan to try and get those shipped? Does anyone have any updates on the status? You would think they would assign a team and additional resources to clear it out quickly, but all I get is delivery expected date push after delivery expected date push. Right now they have delivery estimated for mid-December, but everything still shows awaiting shipment, so not sure that will happen. Looks like it will be 2023 by the time the truck arrives. Dealer has been helpful and provided updates along the way, but they don't have any details or if they do, not really sharing them.

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment

8 hours ago, King ranch 62 said:

Why don’t they just let dealers go to the factory and pick the truck up when they’re done. at least for local dealers like within 500 miles that would relieve some of the problem. Instead of truck sitting at a race track for six months and I know they were put there for chips or some other items that were missing but by now I think they would’ve caught up. They just got trucks so buried they can’t get to them. Especially with a potential rail strike.?‍♂️

One off processes are expensive and a PITA to manage when you’re dealing with 8k+ vehicles every week.  Not to mention liability and contractual issues.

7 hours ago, le engineer said:

After convincing myself that my order would get cancelled and pushed into 2023, I received a pleasant surprise tonight. My window sticker went live! As of now the only delete listed is for the advanced security pack. 

F-250 Lariat Ultimate CCSB 6.7PSD

- No AS, 5WP, spray in liner, or other known commodity hold items

3/8/22 - Ordered

9/20 - Scheduled for production week of 11/28

10/4 - Production pushed back to week of 12/5

Radio silence

12/1 - Status changed from

“order confirmed” to “in production”

Praying to the truck gods for no chip/QC holds and a quick shipment to Granger. I’ll shamelessly admit that I was giddy as a school girl when that window sticker went up on ordertrack. 

Congrats, I changed to production this week as well. 

2/25/22 - Ordered

9/15 - Scheduled for production week of 11/21

10/4 -  pushed back to week of 11/28

10/11 -  pushed back to week of 12/5

No communications from Ford or dealer. 

11/30 - Status changed from “order confirmed” to “in production”

Fingers crossed no more delays....

image.png.eb790c33c39a616497badbb95e9dfdff.pngimage.png.b4e147030d8bad3c5c0a230abd0c7839.png  

I ordered a 23 on October 27th too because who knows. If all goes well I will cancel the 23 but unfortunately eat the $500 deposit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPAYER said:

Congrats, I changed to production this week as well. 

2/25/22 - Ordered

9/15 - Scheduled for production week of 11/21

10/4 -  pushed back to week of 11/28

10/11 -  pushed back to week of 12/5

No communications from Ford or dealer. 

11/30 - Status changed from “order confirmed” to “in production”

Fingers crossed no more delays....

image.png.eb790c33c39a616497badbb95e9dfdff.pngimage.png.b4e147030d8bad3c5c0a230abd0c7839.png  

I ordered a 23 on October 27th too because who knows. If all goes well I will cancel the 23 but unfortunately eat the $500 deposit.  

When I ordered the dealer told me that the $500 deposit is fully refundable if the truck arrives and I don't like it.  Maybe the deposit and how it is handled is subject to dealer policy.  The dealer i used to order from never required a deposit when ordering. Moved out of state, so different dealer now.

On 11/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, King ranch 62 said:

Email all and cc each of them. Tell them your story but be real polite. Tell about your shipping delays and that you can’t get any answers from anyone. Remember be humble and polite. I did it and got an answer back. Good luck.? 

2435BED4-899B-471D-9214-71E0356EF7F8.png

F11EFF19-0DFE-4DB6-9844-B259484C0AE2.png

Thank you King Ranch! Emails went out this afternoon and a Ford company representative called me directly, she said my case was turned over to their Trace and Recovery team and that she would be in contact as soon as they respond, also left her contact number to call her direct any time. Thanks again!

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 11:40 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

I had to chuckle when you mentioned the railcar loaders. I live near the UP Auto Yard in West Chicago IL, and when they unload trains from the left side (North) of the tracks, they have to drive the vehicles over a bridge to bring them into the main yard.  For some reason, Security finds it necessary to block the exit road, so the drivers don't take off with a new car,,,,,

HRG

UP Auto yard.JPG

I live in that area as well. I used to take the train from Geneva to Chicago daily. Have you seen all the damaged cars and trucks parked over there? I wonder how many fall off the ramp or the how many they crashed into the side of something. Sad thing is, they fix it right up and sell it to you without even telling you. 

7 hours ago, le engineer said:

Does anyone recall what APR/term combos were offered by Ford Credit in March 2022? Shame on me for not screencapping it at the time of order. Curious what I’m in for. 

I’m sure there are more variables, but on Monday, Ford Credit was offering me 7.9% / 72 months on the Tremor I purchased, it was shocking to see a credit score listed on the paper as 855 and then that almost 8% rate next to it!  I told the finance guy hell no and we found a local credit union at 3.9% / 72 months.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, le engineer said:

Does anyone recall what APR/term combos were offered by Ford Credit in March 2022? Shame on me for not screencapping it at the time of order. Curious what I’m in for. 

It doesn't hurt to ask Ford. If their policy is to give you the rate advertised at the time your order was placed then they will keep records.  I would not trust the dealership to get it right. 

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

It doesn't hurt to ask Ford. If their policy is to give you the rate advertised at the time your order was placed then they will keep records.  I would not trust the dealership to get it right. 

Ford won’t tell you.  Ask the dealer to check smartvincent- that will show you the offers at order time and now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ford won’t tell you.  Ask the dealer to check smartvincent- that will show you the offers at order time and now.

If that is the case, then it is unfortunate since the dealers are not always the most reliable source of truth.  in any case, if Ford finance is offering interest rate lock ins at order times then someone is keeping records ... I doubt it is up to each dealership. 

4 hours ago, Monoman said:

If that is the case, then it is unfortunate since the dealers are not always the most reliable source of truth.  in any case, if Ford finance is offering interest rate lock ins at order times then someone is keeping records ... I doubt it is up to each dealership. 

First of all - if you don’t trust the dealer you shouldn’t be buying from them.

Second - you should have documented the price and incentives when you ordered.

Third - Ford can’t automatically choose the order time incentives because you have a choice,  You might prefer the current incentives,  It’s your choice,

Demand to see the smart Vincent report.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, akirby said:

First of all - if you don’t trust the dealer you shouldn’t be buying from them.

Second - you should have documented the price and incentives when you ordered.

Third - Ford can’t automatically choose the order time incentives because you have a choice,  You might prefer the current incentives,  It’s your choice,

Demand to see the smart Vincent report.  

1. Do you think the average person considers a car dealer trustworthy? Most people I know don't and do not like the car buying experience. They do it because they feel they don't have much of a choice.

2. Agreed but you should not have to.  A customer should not be excluded from a price or incentive just because they were not aware of it.   

3. I didn't say Ford should automatically choose anything. Ford can keep records of what was offered in a time period and make it easy enough for customers and dealers to look it up.  

4. Is the average Ford customer supposed to even know what the smart Vincent report is?  I only know about it from reading here and other forums. 

If more dealers focused on truly taking care of shoppers and customers (within reason of course) then they might be considered more trustworthy.   I only know of one dealer in my area that customers consider above average and they only sell Toyotas. Toyota doesn't make 3/4 ton trucks so I chose to order a Ford based on Ford things, not based on my local Ford dealership.  

Edited by Monoman

On 12/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, Jeff22 said:

Thank you King Ranch! Emails went out this afternoon and a Ford company representative called me directly, she said my case was turned over to their Trace and Recovery team and that she would be in contact as soon as they respond, also left her contact number to call her direct any time. Thanks again!

You’re welcome, someone gave me the info. Just thought I would pay it forward. Merry Christmas ?? ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monoman said:

1. Do you think the average person considers a car dealer trustworthy? Most people I know don't and do not like the car buying experience. They do it because they feel they don't have much of a choice.

2. Agreed but you should not have to.  A customer should not be excluded from a price or incentive just because they were not aware of it.   

3. I didn't say Ford should automatically choose anything. Ford can keep records of what was offered in a time period and make it easy enough for customers and dealers to look it up.  

4. Is the average Ford customer supposed to even know what the smart Vincent report is?  I only know about it from reading here and other forums. 

If more dealers focused on truly taking care of shoppers and customers (within reason of course) then they might be considered more trustworthy.   I only know of one dealer in my area that customers consider above average and they only sell Toyotas. Toyota doesn't make 3/4 ton trucks so I chose to order a Ford based on Ford things, not based on my local Ford dealership.  

Well I do trust most dealers when it comes to factory incentives because that doesn’t come out of their pocket.  And if the dealer doesn’t give you the rebate (back when they did rebates) you would get it directly from Ford.

I agree it would be nice if Ford gave you the Smart Vincent info on your order.  But again this has never been a big issue so it wasn’t necessary.  

What I would like to see (and what I expect to see for BEVs) is for Ford to track your order including price and incentives.  Either they do MSRP or the dealer is required to enter the selling price with the order.  They can charge whatever they want but it gets documented up front so they can’t change it on a whim 12 months later and they can’t add any extra fees or add-ons without buyer consent.

• Like 2