2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

10 hours ago, Big Jon said:

I emailed them last week. Got a call 5hrs later. Thought I had a good chance of something happening for a change. Well missed the latest dates and new ones issued again. Called them back today and got the run around. I'm less optimistic now that it's going to show up before years end. I know I've said it in the past, but 12/30 is my absolute walk away. That's 1 year to the day since ordering, 9 freaking months since completed and not shipped. Yeah I'll over pay on something else, but it is what it is. I'll still more than likely buy the one I ordered and turn around and sell it so the shitty dealer can't mark it up. 

I think that is a lot longer than anyone else has waited for a shipment. There must be more to the story that someone is not telling.  I am guessing the truck is missing and nobody wants to admit it. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, rottekatz1 said:

When I ordered the dealer told me that the $500 deposit is fully refundable if the truck arrives and I don't like it.  Maybe the deposit and how it is handled is subject to dealer policy.  The dealer i used to order from never required a deposit when ordering. Moved out of state, so different dealer now.

I was told it was non-refundable by the dealer at the time I ordered. I didn't like it but they said they had enough allocations to get one built so I did it. 

14 hours ago, le engineer said:

Out of curiosity, when you go on the ordertrack.app site, do you see a blend date for your truck? The official ford tracker says “in production” for mine and ordertrack confirms this. However, I don’t have a blend date and we’re in the build week. 

On the ordertrack.app it still says "Order Confirmed" status and no blend date and it's not on the window sticker. Ford tracker says in production but no date yet. Dealer confirmed scheduled build day is today 12/6. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CPAYER said:

On the ordertrack.app it still says "Order Confirmed" status and no blend date and it's not on the window sticker. Ford tracker says in production but no date yet. Dealer confirmed scheduled build day is today 12/6. 

I've never seen a blend date included with any Super Duty truck, as from order confirmed it changes to "In Production" , which if everything goes smoothly is about a week before the build date and shortly after going into production you should see a window sticker. Your window sticker notes the date it was sent to the plant.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, The Peddler said:

I'm still waiting for mine to ship to Olympia.  It's been "Built, Awaiting Shipment" for 66 days now.

Dang! 66 days? I just got my “Built - Awaiting Shipment” email Sunday. My dealer said it’s waiting for more chips, so it could be another couple of weeks before we see it shipped.  After reading your post, I won’t be holding my breath. Good luck getting yours moving soon!

14 hours ago, Monoman said:

I think that is a lot longer than anyone else has waited for a shipment. There must be more to the story that someone is not telling.  I am guessing the truck is missing and nobody wants to admit it. 

Anything is possible at this point. I do know as of 3/28 it was completed from an extended production delay. Confirmed by a generous plant employee that it was clean, needed nothing, all concerns closed, even sent me a screenshot of said report.  Was released to shipper 3/29. Missed it's first scheduled delivery of 4/14. No idea where it was from 4/14-9/22 until it was moved to ramp 1k where it still continues to sit..as far as I know, continually missing scheduled delivery dates. Latest dates we THOUGHT was the end of the wild ride was 11/24-11/30. Nope! Went to 12/4-12/10. Nope! Now 12/11-12/17. Never notified of the new dates. Only found out by accident today. Ford and it's contracted shipper have major issues that need immediate attention and improvement! It doesn't take 9 months to ship a completed vehicle when dealers are getting stock units daily. If...IF I take delivery of this Phantom truck, I will demand a discount on top the good deal I already got. A model yr old and 9 months old since birth is worth the 20% depreciation in value if you ask me. It's depreciated and hasn't even been delivered yet! Typically it's a 20% hit as soon as you leave the lot. I think that's more than fair in this case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

Anything is possible at this point. I do know as of 3/28 it was completed from an extended production delay. Confirmed by a generous plant employee that it was clean, needed nothing, all concerns closed, even sent me a screenshot of said report.  Was released to shipper 3/29. Missed it's first scheduled delivery of 4/14. No idea where it was from 4/14-9/22 until it was moved to ramp 1k where it still continues to sit..as far as I know, continually missing scheduled delivery dates. Latest dates we THOUGHT was the end of the wild ride was 11/24-11/30. Nope! Went to 12/4-12/10. Nope! Now 12/11-12/17. Never notified of the new dates. Only found out by accident today. Ford and it's contracted shipper have major issues that need immediate attention and improvement! It doesn't take 9 months to ship a completed vehicle when dealers are getting stock units daily. If...IF I take delivery of this Phantom truck, I will demand a discount on top the good deal I already got. A model yr old and 9 months old since birth is worth the 20% depreciation in value if you ask me. It's depreciated and hasn't even been delivered yet! Typically it's a 20% hit as soon as you leave the lot. I think that's more than fair in this case.

I mean... You can ask but they'll happily let you walk. Even if they sell at current MSRP (they won't) to someone else, they'll make more on it than selling to you. They'll hope it never shows up, you get a PCO and order a new version through them at a higher profit. 

IF your truck actually ever arrives, have you checked the math to see what the delta in MSRP is? Based on that alone, you could buy it for the original agreed-upon price and flip it for a profit, then order another from Chapman/Granger or do X-plan somewhere with CPO and get to your extra discount that way with some FordPass points to boot. 

You've gotten screwed; no doubt about it. I don't think you can expect the dealer to help you out, however. 

FWIW, I've got mine ordered February, built October and pushed three times with no end in sight. I don't expect to see it ever and have already ordered my MY23 with X-plan and CPO locked in.  Not nearly as messed up as your scenario, but I feel it. 

My truck got sent from factory right away to train then convoy in California 

took about 3 weeks

when I got it last week after 460 days 

Dealer made purchase not great

plus truck not cleaned very well

with sticky residue in a bunch of areas that I could not just wash off

plus found door ding and chip on fender

also homelink no power

Missing I had to tell them

front wheel liners

side emblems

floormatts

camera package/trailer

front mudflaps

just wish I did not feel like Iam a pain to dealer as they seem annoyed 

took about 3 weeks

also homelink no power

front wheel liners

side emblems

floormatts

camera package/trailer

front mudflaps

5 hours ago, F450 said:

took about 3 weeks

also homelink no power

front wheel liners

side emblems

floormatts

camera package/trailer

front mudflaps

They can be annoyed all they want. You are correct to complain. I am guessing the wheel well liners and mud flaps were removed because of constraints. Side emblems are an issue and they will be coming.....sometime. Check your order paperwork against your sticker. If any items were removed from the original order, you should have signed new paperwork if that was done. Mine wasn't overly clean when I picked it up either, but I was ok with that as I really didn't want some 18 year old kid who didn't care cleaning my truck. As far as the door ding, chip, and homelink make them fix it. You paid good money for a complete truck.

8 hours ago, F450 said:

took about 3 weeks

also homelink no power

front wheel liners

side emblems

floormatts

camera package/trailer

front mudflaps

Who cares if they seem annoyed?  They sold you the truck and it is their responsibility to make it right. They need to do the job they are paid to do.    If there is another dealer nearby you can have your service and maintenance done there AFTER the truck issues are fixed. 

16 hours ago, THASS said:

I mean... You can ask but they'll happily let you walk. Even if they sell at current MSRP (they won't) to someone else, they'll make more on it than selling to you. They'll hope it never shows up, you get a PCO and order a new version through them at a higher profit. 

IF your truck actually ever arrives, have you checked the math to see what the delta in MSRP is? Based on that alone, you could buy it for the original agreed-upon price and flip it for a profit, then order another from Chapman/Granger or do X-plan somewhere with CPO and get to your extra discount that way with some FordPass points to boot. 

You've gotten screwed; no doubt about it. I don't think you can expect the dealer to help you out, however. 

FWIW, I've got mine ordered February, built October and pushed three times with no end in sight. I don't expect to see it ever and have already ordered my MY23 with X-plan and CPO locked in.  Not nearly as messed up as your scenario, but I feel it. 

Discount would come from Ford itself, not the dealer. I've already thrown that out there in our talks to the Regional Manager and Corporate Ford. Dealer no doubt wants me to walk,  but that's not gonna happen. I'll buy something else and then turn around and buy the one on order so the dealer can't have the chance to mark it up. They are 10k over msrp out of state, 2k in state/area on stock units. Even if I didn't buy it I won't release it to the dealer. MSRP is about $4800- 6000 over what I am price protected at since ordering last year.  Invoice pricing and 2 stackable PCO's that total an additional 5k off invoice price. But yeah, I got the purple shaft on this deal. I will NEVER do business with them again after this. We've done all the leg work on trying to get this truck delivered, dealer hasn't done shit! I will not order a 23 either. I'm gun shy with any ordering from Ford, for good reason. 

27 minutes ago, gotodd12 said:

I downloaded module file to text Editor?

shows no relevant information. Not sure how to open the file correctly.

298FEC09-E350-415E-BC91-D540D7E9CB16.png

FA0F7A6A-86B0-4D52-9E7C-F49CDEF4C885.png

When the car is built, the module link on ordertrack should show a list of modules without downloading the master file. At least that’s what it did for our escape order. I think it opens blank until later in the production cycle. 

34 minutes ago, livinlogs said:

Mine got finished 12/3 but awaiting shipping . It was built with no delays and as far as I can tell all modules full . Awaiting rail :( . Platinum tremor 

Congrats! Hopefully you get loaded up ASAP and receive a lovely Christmas present ?

On 11/23/2022 at 3:18 PM, Sonny_d said:

I guess the only update is my next delivery estimate is this Friday to December 1st. 

my delivery estimates seem to be pushing 1-week out at a time now which is not consistent with what I have seen for others.

Regardless, my truck sits awaiting shipment via rail from KTP. 

I had this too, but then went back to a month + out. Ordered 2/2022, built 9/6/22, been waiting for shipping ever since. 

Capture.png.7e4c4a450d5d78902dd8c63c630186d5.png

Got this from ford after my inquiry to corporate… but the update was that my truck has been sitting built awaiting shipment for over 90 days and they might schedule it for shipment in 2 weeks. At least someone is trying to help but this is not the news I wanted to hear. 

i would like to say thanks to whoever posted those corporate e-mails. Here’s to hoping for the best, but I am nothing short of disappointed at ford in general. 

“I just wanted to let you know that currently you are showing a tentative scheduling date of 12/21/22. The Tracker may show that this is the estimated delivery time frame to the Dealer. That is not correct, your vehicle is in the waiting for shipment category at this time.

Due to levels of production and transit driver shortages, we are running behind in the shipping of completed vehicles.

I have my contacts looking into the possibility of having the vehicle tagged for shipping sooner rather than later, however, I cannot make any promises beyond doing my best.”

53 minutes ago, RFT2112 said:

Hmmm.  Makes no sense that some are built and shipped right away while others are built and ready to ship but sit.  Mine was built and shipped all in about 4-5 weeks.  I did wait just shy of 11 months for it though.  

Ordered my truck over a year ago. It would be nice if they shipped older orders first though. 

• Like 3