2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

35 minutes ago, le engineer said:

On the bright side, you know you’re getting your truck! Congratulations!

Thanks! 
Me and mine are happy! 
Can go visit some family with our trailer in safety and comfort.

Means a lot to us.

And not taking for granted!

Best wishes for a speedy shipment for all of use!

maybe Santa will deliver for one of use?

not likely but that’s ok.

But Maybe ?

Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gotodd12 said:

In less then 8 Hrs 

Went from your screwed to Aw just Kidding your trucks Built!

on to the next stage. 
the dreaded wait for shipment ?

EC7AF66B-9EB0-44B6-B0E1-96B9A8D4FCB3.png

Congrats!!  Now the wait continues for the last chips, then hopefully no shipping delays. I’m in the same boat, so I’ll post my updates as I get them. So far, Ford has delayed me to Jan 7-13. We’ll see if that holds up. 

good luck!! I hope yours has NO delays!!

2 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

Congrats!!  Now the wait continues for the last chips, then hopefully no shipping delays. I’m in the same boat, so I’ll post my updates as I get them. So far, Ford has delayed me to Jan 7-13. We’ll see if that holds up. 

good luck!! I hope yours has NO delays!!

Thanks!

Best Wishes to you! 
When I spoke to my dealer yesterday. He said no chip holds on mine.

He said it would be in red and show issue!

so hopefully he is correct ? 

But said Ford was only correct about 10 percent of the time on shipping. So not really getting my hopes up there.

Happy Holidays!

Edited by gotodd12
  • Like 1

Ok my ford lariat SD was in production 9/21

built 9/27

shipped 12/6

arrived in Memphis 12/14

delivered to dealer 12/16 ! Checked ford tracker this evening and it said it was in final preparations at the dealer so I had my daughter ride by the dealer and sure enough it was there! Had her verify my vin # . So if any of y’all are getting trucks close to me which I’m about 30 miles south of Memphis I hope this gives you an idea of how long it’s taking to get to this area. 

Truck was ordered on 3/24/22! 
Shipping dates were 12/13/22 - 12/19/22

i wish you guys the best and I hope you receive your trucks soon! Also I want to give a shout to this forum it has been very informative and helpful to this old country boy!! I’ll post pics when I pick it up.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 9:44 PM, Lima said:

Ok my ford lariat SD was in production 9/21

built 9/27

shipped 12/6

arrived in Memphis 12/14

delivered to dealer 12/16 ! Checked ford tracker this evening and it said it was in final preparations at the dealer so I had my daughter ride by the dealer and sure enough it was there! Had her verify my vin # . So if any of y’all are getting trucks close to me which I’m about 30 miles south of Memphis I hope this gives you an idea of how long it’s taking to get to this area. 

Truck was ordered on 3/24/22! 
Shipping dates were 12/13/22 - 12/19/22

i wish you guys the best and I hope you receive your trucks soon! Also I want to give a shout to this forum it has been very informative and helpful to this old country boy!! I’ll post pics when I pick it up.

this gives me reassurance that they are now getting to the backlog. I’m happy for ya. I would not have made it this far if not for the deposit I had to pay and you all to commiserate with. 

still sitting here waiting for my November 2021 order that was built 9 September 22. 

Happy Holidays to all.

I just want to say hang in there, mine got here 4/29/22 just about 10,000 blissful miles ago.

It’s the best truck / car I have ever owned and well worth the wait. For me it was only 31 weeks but I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

The biggest problem I have is I’m terrified of anything happening to it.

32A7CDE2-5729-4680-A23D-C9F4B3301E87.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 7:52 AM, Wizardfitz said:

Can someone tell me the steps to track my truck, or send a link with the instructions? My salesman on my last truck, just said he’d tell me when it arrives.

Ordertrack.app

The site no longer has direct access to the Ford database, but the links are still good to manually pull a status update on your own. You need your sales order code (ex: G110) and your VIN.

The site will link you to the official Ford tracking site, which is what generates the screenshots you’re seeing here. The other helpful tool is the link to pull your modules. When your truck is in production, your module list will begin to populate. This gives you a hint that the truck is close to being completed, barring parts shortages or quality control holds. 

The sales order can be found on your dealer paperwork and the VIN is emailed to you by Ford when you’re scheduled for production. If you don’t have your sales order code or you never got update emails from Ford, contact your dealer and get it from them. If you still don’t have a VIN by now, you’re almost certainly getting cancelled and rolled over to 2023. 

If you literally mean track the truck that’s already built, that conversation starts with your dealer. 

Edited by le engineer

That only tracking site left is Ford. Search for “Check Order Status” and enter your info. The only real issue with it is the lack of details. I have relied on my dealer to give me the status they see in their system, which can have more information than what we see on the website.

You’ll probably need to find someone who can actually help you with that, if your salesman is inept. 

good luck. 

Merry Christmas to all.  Figured I'd join the pity party.  My truck has been "built" since Sep 22, 2022 and has just been sitting somewhere in KY.  Details-

2022 F250 Platinum, rapid red, turbo diesel

Order confirmed - Feb17 2022

In Production - Sep 12 2022

Dreaded chip hold...

Built - Sep 22 2022

I can't imagine it takes three months to ship but then again I work in supply chain and have experience a lot of headaches since covid.  My "ETA" has been pushed every week since Sep 25.

My poor sales guy is helpless and had to hear the wrath of my wife.  At some point, I might as well throw my hat in for a 2023 as I am giddy about the onboard power.

I've emailed Ford Corp.  I've called Ford Corp.  Hell, I even went to KY myself,  Wish there was a magic trick to get trucks to moving.

55 minutes ago, Texas Bourbon said:

Merry Christmas to all.  Figured I'd join the pity party.  My truck has been "built" since Sep 22, 2022 and has just been sitting somewhere in KY.  Details-

Dreaded chip hold...

Built - Sep 22 2022

I can't imagine it takes three months to ship but then again I work in supply chain and have experience a lot of headaches since covid.  My "ETA" has been pushed every week since Sep 25.

My poor sales guy is helpless and had to hear the wrath of my wife.  At some point, I might as well throw my hat in for a 2023 as I am giddy about the onboard power.

I've emailed Ford Corp.  I've called Ford Corp.  Hell, I even went to KY myself,  Wish there was a magic trick to get trucks to moving.

I cannot fathom how some trucks are sitting for months and others roll off the line and ship within a week . I’ did not expect my 22 to show and ordered a 23 first day. My 22 is showing up this week . With no reasoning given the thousands that apparently are sitting and waiting . I feel your upset and frustration. I wouldn’t be in business if I treated people this way . I’m not trying to start anything about Ford and supply chain or anything , but I can’t even see any logic to the process . Maybe I’m too simple minded . Merry Christmas, your truck will show up 

I have to echo the words of several posters on this forum. The information shared here by the moderators and others have been a godsend. I am truly thankful for the educational insight found here. It has eased the pain in my truck waiting process, we all have felt. Thankfully today my wait came to an end!  My story is as follows -

KR F350 CCLB was ordered 12/6/21

2/10/22 - removed tonneau cover and spray in bed liner

9/15/22 - Scheduled for week of 11/21/22 (this was changed 4 times)

12/1/22 - Built 

12/5/22 - shipped 

12/17/22 - Arrived at dealer (Denver area)

12/20/22 - picked up

Dealership was stand up (mostly) throughout the process. They excepted X-plan and honored  price protection. I Did have one issue where they attempted to say I was only price protected from the 2/10/22 date when I removed the two items. Thanks to this forum I was a well informed consumer, and once they  understood I knew otherwise, they backed off and honored back to the original order date.

Glad I did not get pushed to a 23

For those of you still waiting for your truck, I hope your journey soon comes to an end!!!

Edited by Nutz

After watching the various forums for the past year, it looks like the issue is when you get a chip hold and forced to “store” at the speedway.  Once there shipping is random. If built with no holds, looks like shipping is quick.  I’m a month post-build and lost in purgatory.  Over a year as of today waiting on a truck.  Never truly believed it would take this long.  

10 hours ago, CAMO said:

After watching the various forums for the past year, it looks like the issue is when you get a chip hold and forced to “store” at the speedway.  Once there shipping is random. If built with no holds, looks like shipping is quick.  I’m a month post-build and lost in purgatory.  Over a year as of today waiting on a truck.  Never truly believed it would take this long.  

Here's my theory; Ford is blaming the back-log of trucks at the speedway on the rail carriers not providing enough capacity.  I suspect that the rail lines are providing the same as they always have, but cannot provide ADDITIONAL capacity.  My understanding is that MOST truck coming off the line are complete, no holds.  Daily capacity is somewhere around 800 trucks, and this is volume of trucks the carriers can accommodate.  Ford is apparently only operating at 70% production capacity.  I believe they're shipping upto 600 trucks per day off the line, and pulling only 200-300 per day out of the Speedway.  Using optimistic numbers, it'll take 4-1/2 months to catch-up. Hopefully while the plant is shut down for the 22/23 changeover, they'll continue shipping and can whittle-away a good number of the Speedway trucks.  Fingers crossed. 

Last evening, I received notice that Ford wouldn't meet the 3rd delivery window they'd provided me of 12/13-12/19 (duh), and updated it to 12/23-12/29.  Only punting it down the line by 10 days vs a month this time.  From what I can see/tell, the truck still has not "Shipped," and it's a long way from KY to WA, so I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, The Peddler said:

Here's my theory; Ford is blaming the back-log of trucks at the speedway on the rail carriers not providing enough capacity.  I suspect that the rail lines are providing the same as they always have, but cannot provide ADDITIONAL capacity.  My understanding is that MOST truck coming off the line are complete, no holds.  Daily capacity is somewhere around 800 trucks, and this is volume of trucks the carriers can accommodate.  Ford is apparently only operating at 70% production capacity.  I believe they're shipping upto 600 trucks per day off the line, and pulling only 200-300 per day out of the Speedway.  Using optimistic numbers, it'll take 4-1/2 months to catch-up. Hopefully while the plant is shut down for the 22/23 changeover, they'll continue shipping and can whittle-away a good number of the Speedway trucks.  Fingers crossed. 

Last evening, I received notice that Ford wouldn't meet the 3rd delivery window they'd provided me of 12/13-12/19 (duh), and updated it to 12/23-12/29.  Only punting it down the line by 10 days vs a month this time.  From what I can see/tell, the truck still has not "Shipped," and it's a long way from KY to WA, so I'm not holding my breath.

I believe you are spot on. I’m not even getting the delay emails just lost in the sea of trucks. Lol.  Hopefully this one is one of the random ones that just showed up.  After the plant shut down and catchup.  

2 hours ago, The Peddler said:

Not holding my breath either.....

I've been waiting at KTP ramp for over 102 Days, since 09/02/2022

My 2022 F-350 CCLB Platinum was Ordered on 10/25/2021 and confirmed same day

Truck was built on 09/02/2022....Without the Multi-Contour Seats...(Deleted by FORD)....Seats were available 3 days later on 09/05/2022

1st Estimated Delivery Date: 10/24/22

2nd Estimated Delivery Date: 11/07/22

3rd Estimated Delivery Date: 12/07/22

4th Estimated Delivery Date: 12/23/22 per Ford Marketing as of 12/05/2022

5th Estimated Delivery Date : Who knows when? As it has not left KTP as of 12/21/2022.....I don't believe it will arrive in 2 days to Phoenix AZ

Christmas Day will be 14 MONTHS since I Ordered.

I am going to refuse to accepting the Truck if and when it ships....after 14 Months I'm done waiting for a Truck I Ordered without the Advertised Multi-Contour Seats that are part of the Platinum Package along with being bumped at least 4 - 5 times.

below is a screen shot of "Order Track" 

It's still in "AWAITING SHIPMENT"

Order Confirmed
In Production
Awaiting Shipment
In Transit
Delivered
Time in Status (Actual)
102 days and 3 hours
Time in Status (Estimated)
15 days and 3 hours
Longest Wait
115 days and 20 hours
Similar Vehicles in Status

DISCLAIMER:
All data is presented as is and is a reflection of orders submitted to Ordertrack. These are not official metrics and are not presented as exact or correct.

Vehicle Information

2022 Ford F-350
VIN
1FT8W3BT1NEF41272
Order Number
Invoiced
Wed Aug 24 2022
Blend Date

21 hours ago, Texas Bourbon said:

Dreaded chip hold...

Built - Sep 22 2022

DItto. Maddening. I see trucks built long after mine being delivered. 

Spent some time at the dealer and my sales guy has been reasonably up front. Checking into the truck itself, it is built but did have a chip hold. Ford had an estimated chip arrival date of within 1 or 2 weeks, and he suspected that meant delivery in mid to late January (well after what Ford was telling him). He has been realistic and reasonable with how long it could take. It is built just needs a few more chips before shipping. Ford said truck should arrive by 12/28 but my sales guy suggested it is more likely 1/28/23. Appreciate that the dealer is being honest and it hopefully means soon!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:21 AM, sosptuba said:

Has anyone actually received a notice of cancellation? 491 days since order confirmation..nothing stating in production or cancellation. 

You should really call to find out. I know MY23 ordering is closed for any trim higher than a Lariat right now. I would fight to get your king ranch scheduled saying no one told you.