2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, LT75 said:

My platinum has finally arrived at the dealership.  

2/16/22- order confirmed 

12/3/22-scheduled for production 

12/5/22-Built

12/8/22-shipped with 12/20-12/26 eta

12/21/22- arrived at dealership

Congrats!

Interesting thing with the dates;

Yours was ordered/confirmed 3 weeks after mine.

Yours went into production 4 months after mine.

Yours was built 3 months plus a week after mine.

Mine still has not shipped, I don't know when it will be delivered.  The latest delivery window is 12/23-12/29, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, The Peddler said:

Here's my theory; Ford is blaming the back-log of trucks at the speedway on the rail carriers not providing enough capacity.  I suspect that the rail lines are providing the same as they always have, but cannot provide ADDITIONAL capacity.  My understanding is that MOST truck coming off the line are complete, no holds.  Daily capacity is somewhere around 800 trucks, and this is volume of trucks the carriers can accommodate.  Ford is apparently only operating at 70% production capacity.  I believe they're shipping upto 600 trucks per day off the line, and pulling only 200-300 per day out of the Speedway.  Using optimistic numbers, it'll take 4-1/2 months to catch-up. Hopefully while the plant is shut down for the 22/23 changeover, they'll continue shipping and can whittle-away a good number of the Speedway trucks.  Fingers crossed. 

Last evening, I received notice that Ford wouldn't meet the 3rd delivery window they'd provided me of 12/13-12/19 (duh), and updated it to 12/23-12/29.  Only punting it down the line by 10 days vs a month this time.  From what I can see/tell, the truck still has not "Shipped," and it's a long way from KY to WA, so I'm not holding my breath.

Does Ford ship everyday of the week?  I just trying to get a sense of when things move.  Soemtimes I feel like checking the tracker site on the weekends is a waste.

17 hours ago, Texas Bourbon said:

Does Ford ship everyday of the week?  I just trying to get a sense of when things move.  Soemtimes I feel like checking the tracker site on the weekends is a waste.

I don’t know how-often a loaded train leaves the yard, I’m just using daily production numbers as a basis for my theory.

Searching this forum sucks, by the way…

Does anyone know when the Christmas break is over at KTP, and whether or not the entire plant is shut down, or just assembly? My truck is released from chip hold, and I’m just waiting to be shipped. Feels like that’ll probably not happen until Jan 3rd or beyond. 
I’m assuming the entire processes are down for the next 9-10 days. Anyone have that info?

Posted from Ford tremor forum from another user:

I received some deep insider information minutes ago from someone at KTP. All trucks will be completed and shipped/ removed from the books before Jan 1. This means all the Speedway trucks will get their final part(s) and be shipped...or at minimum be on the way to be shipped. They end production later today and start finishing awaiting trucks tomorrow. Another thing, ramp K1 is not a ramp at the railyard, it's essentially an offsite storage lot to be pulled from when rail car space allows. I suspect they will start shipping from that ramp and other ramps by the train loads very soon! Also, I'm sadly not the only 9 month delay in shipping, there are currently over 300 in that same status awaiting shipping. Those possibly may take priority depending on how buried they are in the sea of trucks. So it sounds like they are making an end of the year push to get them out and shipped. Good luck to anyone waiting to be shipped. If you didn't get a vin and scheduled already, enjoy your 2023 model.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CAMO said:

I received some deep insider information minutes ago from someone at KTP. All trucks will be completed and shipped/ removed from the books before Jan 1. This means all the Speedway trucks will get their final part(s) and be shipped...or at minimum be on the way to be shipped. They end production later today and start finishing awaiting trucks tomorrow. Another thing, ramp K1 is not a ramp at the railyard, it's essentially an offsite storage lot to be pulled from when rail car space allows. I suspect they will start shipping from that ramp and other ramps by the train loads very soon! Also, I'm sadly not the only 9 month delay in shipping, there are currently over 300 in that same status awaiting shipping. Those possibly may take priority depending on how buried they are in the sea of trucks. So it sounds like they are making an end of the year push to get them out and shipped. Good luck to anyone waiting to be shipped. If you didn't get a vin and scheduled already, enjoy your 2023 model.

Really hope this is good intel.  This would be a welcome birthday present for tomorrow if my truck ships today or this week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texas Bourbon said:

Really hope this is good intel.  This would be a welcome birthday present for tomorrow if my truck ships today or this week.

I have a strong suspicion that you'll start seeing more and more completed trucks that have been sitting starting to ship now that the 2022's are over and done with. They now have room to load the trains with waiting/ completed trucks, rather than trucks coming off the line. Should see some major movement in the coming days. 

I believe his info about shipping is accurate.   He’s been waiting 9 months to get it shipped and he’s been in good contact with the folks this week.  Apparently they are moving trucks back to plant to get them loaded onto trains.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Dont automotive pants shut down for 2 weeks during Christmas?

Production usually gets shut down for retooling, maintenance, and cleaning, but not logistics. 

Logistics keeps on rolling. Pun intended. Fingers crossed for myself and all you. 

Hopefully my order will arrive soon, but reading some of the posts here I am interested in how some have handled original price, price protection. I was told that my price would be honored, but want to be prepared in the event someone has a different idea.

Thanks

On 12/20/2022 at 11:15 PM, Nutz said:

I have to echo the words of several posters on this forum. The information shared here by the moderators and others have been a godsend. I am truly thankful for the educational insight found here. It has eased the pain in my truck waiting process, we all have felt. Thankfully today my wait came to an end!  My story is as follows -

KR F350 CCLB was ordered 12/6/21

2/10/22 - removed tonneau cover and spray in bed liner

9/15/22 - Scheduled for week of 11/21/22 (this was changed 4 times)

12/1/22 - Built 

12/5/22 - shipped 

12/17/22 - Arrived at dealer (Denver area)

12/20/22 - picked up

Dealership was stand up (mostly) throughout the process. They excepted X-plan and honored  price protection. I Did have one issue where they attempted to say I was only price protected from the 2/10/22 date when I removed the two items. Thanks to this forum I was a well informed consumer, and once they  understood I knew otherwise, they backed off and honored back to the original order date.

Glad I did not get pushed to a 23

For those of you still waiting for your truck, I hope your journey soon comes to an end!!!

How or where would I find the "informed consumer" info to be prepared in the event my dealer doesn't honor our agreement?

Thanks

On 12/25/2022 at 7:02 PM, CAMO said:

I too hope this is good intel. Makes sense. Wonder if this means the dealer is invoiced the truck at the time of shipping? That’s the only thing that is a variable here making this invalid. If it’s invoiced when it hits the ground at the dealer it would be way past the new year and in 2023 books anyway at that point. Anyone know the answer to this? 

Edited by jarrsong

22 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Dont automotive pants shut down for 2 weeks during Christmas?

Yes production is down for a week.  We have people working 24/7 doing the repair work for these missing parts and chips.  Shipping is still going on.  The plant is hoping to get every truck back to the plant and out the door to be shipped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waloud said:

Yes production is down for a week.  We have people working 24/7 doing the repair work for these missing parts and chips.  Shipping is still going on.  The plant is hoping to get every truck back to the plant and out the door to be shipped.

I see the word we, so im guessing you work at one of the plants?

• Like 1

I am beyond frustrated and confused at this point and looking for some help.  I ordered and signed my order document on 12/2/2021 it was confirmed on 12/3/2021.  My VIN was assigned in early August of 2022 the same day my salesman quit the dealership.  I noticed that the truck I ordered did not have powered steps so I went to the dealership to meet the new salesman and discuss the powered steps.  At that time he informed me the truck had gone up almost 4K in price.  I explained Price Protection to him and he had to get his GM.  From that point on I only dealt with the GM.  One week later he was able to get the steps added as originally ordered and did ensure me I was price protected.  In Oct around the first promised ship date I met with the finance office to discuss payment.  I was ensured price protection then too but that I would have to pay the full price and they would reimburse me.  The GM called the regional rep while I was in the room and she confirmed this.  Chip hold, shipping delays, my truck is finally ready for pick up on 12/24/2022 - One year and 22 days after order.  I sit back with the finance guy (who is great) and discuss payment, he tell me about a $3,500 rebate.  I verify with him that that is not replacing the price protection refund and he he goes and get the GM who then tells me it is not price protected, they have a new regional rep and he said the truck isn't price protected.  I show my frustration and tell them I would like answers on how a 2 month shipping delay cost me $5,500.00.  He told me to take the truck, did not make me make payment, and we would get it sorted out this week.  I sent him all the documentation I could find on this forum and others as well as the You Tube video.  The sales manager whom i have never talked to before called me yesterday and stated there was no price protection, and I either needed to bring the truck back, bring him a check, or he would call the owner of the vehicle (I am assuming that is Ford) and they would come take their truck back.  I said have the GM call me.  He did, he said his guy didn't have a right to call me and that we would figure it out this week and to hold onto the truck.  I just called Ford Marketing (1-800-334-4375), hoping to get someone on my side or tell me how to deal with getting the rebate myself if I do end up paying full price and they state Price Protection is an individual dealership option.  That blew my mind as everything I have seen and heard is contrary to this and now I dont know what the F to do.  I have a garage full of accessories, sold my other truck, and not interested in waiting another year for another group of hassles.  @akirby @ice-capades or anyone else have any suggestions or contacts I can reach out too?