2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 12/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, seabrooktx said:

I've been reading this topic on and off for the last 9 months. My 2022 was built on 09/24, is released and awaiting shipment. I understand there is a large backlog of vehicles awaiting shipment, but does anyone know when they plan to try and get those shipped? Does anyone have any updates on the status? You would think they would assign a team and additional resources to clear it out quickly, but all I get is delivery expected date push after delivery expected date push. Right now they have delivery estimated for mid-December, but everything still shows awaiting shipment, so not sure that will happen. Looks like it will be 2023 by the time the truck arrives. Dealer has been helpful and provided updates along the way, but they don't have any details or if they do, not really sharing them.

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment

Well....here we are almost a month later and mine is still waiting to ship. I appreciate all the efforts for the KTP employees on here keeping people informed and the fact that there are several reports of trying to clear up the backlog, hopefully my truck will be one of the one's shipped soon. 

So, here is the latest update:

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment (ETA: 12/30 which has been pushed 5 - 6 times and probably will get pushed again).

I called Ford New Vehicle Support around 1748hrs Houston time today.  The rep said that the ETA for my truck shows 31 December but they do not have transit information.  I said that means it has not shipped and she stated that they "only get updates a couple times per week".  She said that it could've shipped or could be still in KY and to call back Friday to see if there was an update.

14 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

good point. Hail damage, wires chewed by mice, possible tire issues

I bought an F-150 that sat on the lot at my dealer for nearly a year in 19.  I've had zero issues with it.  If it does have an issue, there's a warranty. 

Edited by pilotpip
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CAMO said:

Anyone get any shipping updates? The wait is killing me. Lol

I received this today from an email I sent 20 December.

start

Thank you for reaching out to Executive Offices of Ford Motor Company. My name is Corri and I will be your liaison with the Executive Offices while we work to resolve your inquiry.

I have reached out to my contacts for an update. I should have an answer for you within the next 5-7 business days. However, If I have an answer sooner I will reach out to you. If you have any additional questions please let me know. I am here to help.

Thank you for being such a loyal part of our Ford Family. You are appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ford Motor Company ®

Corri Embry

Ford Executive Offices

end

27 minutes ago, CAMO said:

It is, but having worked with her to get scheduled, it means she is actually engaging.  She is the only reason why my truck got built.  

Exactly.

If not for Corrí, our F250 7.3 Platti Tremor wouldn’t have been built we’re convinced.

Ordered 16 June 2021, Corrí got involved late June/early July 2022 after being priority 2 for 6 months, built 18 August 2022, took delivery 30 September 2022…15 1/2 months from order to delivery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjmcken81 said:

Exactly.

If not for Corrí, our F250 7.3 Platti Tremor wouldn’t have been built we’re convinced.

Ordered 16 June 2021, Corrí got involved late June/early July 2022 after being priority 2 for 6 months, built 18 August 2022, took delivery 30 September 2022…15 1/2 months from order to delivery.

sure hope that she is working to resolve issues with delivery, and I would think that Ford would have people to be customer advocates,  I'm hopeful

Looks like the order tracker updated today 12/30/22 to SHIPPED. Started its build 12/19. Wanted to applaud the folks working hard throughout FMC to make these solid vehicles and in such large volumes. Thank you to all the factory workers, drivers, transporters, and all those in between! Looking forward to seeing the massive chunk of truck soon!

3 hours ago, Foxxgen said:

Looks like the order tracker updated today 12/30/22 to SHIPPED. Started its build 12/19. Wanted to applaud the folks working hard throughout FMC to make these solid vehicles and in such large volumes. Thank you to all the factory workers, drivers, transporters, and all those in between! Looking forward to seeing the massive chunk of truck soon!

your truck was built 12-19-22? 

8 hours ago, 30 Offshore XL said:

Any chance I can get Corri's email??   

It's been 445 days since ordering...  Still unscheduled.

Unfortunately, she won’t be able to do anything. Anything unscheduled at this point is certainly cancelled and needs to be converted to a 2023 by the dealership which you ordered from.  I’d recommending contacting your dealership ASAP.  Couldn’t figure out how to PM you, but if it’s a thing on this platform, send me one and I can give you her info. 

16 hours ago, rbsev said:

your truck was built 12-19-22? 

That was, I believe, the date the truck processed through the KTP assembly line. However it was several more weeks of waiting for the final few chips as mentioned from the above individual at KTP it sounded like Ford made a monstrous push to finalize all builds and assemble all the chips holding most builds back in time for the new year. Their huge effort moved most trucks out it seems. I assume my build and probably a few others were the final 22MY to be ran through the line.

1 hour ago, Foxxgen said:

That was, I believe, the date the truck processed through the KTP assembly line. However it was several more weeks of waiting for the final few chips as mentioned from the above individual at KTP it sounded like Ford made a monstrous push to finalize all builds and assemble all the chips holding most builds back in time for the new year. Their huge effort moved most trucks out it seems. I assume my build and probably a few others were the final 22MY to be ran through the line.

that's the fastest build to shipping that I've heard of

I haven’t received any shipping updates. I’ve confirmed that my truck has all of its chips and is just waiting to be shipped. I’m just waiting for logistics to load me up on the rail. 

I’m pretty sure my truck won’t make it to the dealership by the 13th as currently scheduled, although there’s still a chance of it happening. 

I’ve been curious as well about how many people have been receiving updates from “Build” to “Shipped” over this past week. Doesn’t sound like very many, if any. 

Haven’t seen many folks get a shipped notice, I’m hoping although slim, there’s massive shipping runs next week.  Definitely more than frustrated it’s taken a year to see my truck, and it’s been built for over a month.  Downright lost confidence in ford to know that others built after mine, are enroute to the same dealership.  Fords logistics process need an overhaul. Finally hit the angry phase this morning.  

Just received the following email from Ford

Thank you again for your Super Duty F-350 Limited order. We wanted to let you know that we are still up against supply chain challenges, which are causing delays with getting your vehicle into production. While we understand how frustrated you may be (we are too), rest assured, our team is working diligently and aggressively to get you behind the wheel.

We know how much anticipation there is when it comes to getting a new Ford, so we will continue to keep you updated. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience and remain grateful for your patience and understanding.

502 days since order confirmation....not yet even put into production.

Also why I am still getting order updates on a '22???

1 hour ago, sosptuba said:

Just received the following email from Ford

502 days since order confirmation....not yet even put into production.

Also why I am still getting order updates on a '22???

This is what happens when people demand updates even if the manufacturer has nothing new to report. A cookie cutter email acknowledging your frustration, offering no real progress, and promising to keep working on it. It’s a PR 101 message with the Ford logo stamped on it. 

• Like 1