2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

11 hours ago, rottekatz1 said:

Last summer I took delivery of a vehicle ordered under X=plan. When the dealer brought out the contract there was an over $500 doc fee.  I showed them the X=Plan site and they changed it to $100.

Would you have a link to that site, JIC my dealer is unaware.

55 minutes ago, akirby said:

For A,Z and friends and family X plans its myplan.ford.com.  Any dealer that claims not to know the rules is a liar or an idiot.

Specifically:

A/Z https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_az_rules.htm

https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_x_rules.htm

When logged into the site, click Plan Rules at the top.

image.png.6b4d8c7ddac7225f66cb03e35bfecb13.png

On 12/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, seabrooktx said:

Well....here we are almost a month later and mine is still waiting to ship. I appreciate all the efforts for the KTP employees on here keeping people informed and the fact that there are several reports of trying to clear up the backlog, hopefully my truck will be one of the one's shipped soon. 

So, here is the latest update:

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment (ETA: 12/30 which has been pushed 5 - 6 times and probably will get pushed again).

Another week has gone by, still waiting shipment. Here is the latest:

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment (ETA: 01/06 which has been pushed 6 - 7 times).

Now that 2023 Production has started, any updates on when they will get through these 2022's?

11 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Another week has gone by, still waiting shipment. Here is the latest:

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Released - Waiting Shipment (ETA: 01/06 which has been pushed 6 - 7 times).

Now that 2023 Production has started, any updates on when they will get through these 2022's?

Which dealer are you using? I see you’re in Seabrook…I’m in South Houston, but I’m using Tomball. They’re keeping me updated on mine. I ordered mine a few days after you in February but mine wasn’t produced until mid November.  It was loaded on rail last weekend and is scheduled to be delivered next Friday. 
Is your salesman helping you like that?

10 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

Which dealer are you using? I see you’re in Seabrook…I’m in South Houston, but I’m using Tomball. They’re keeping me updated on mine. I ordered mine a few days after you in February but mine wasn’t produced until mid November.  It was loaded on rail last weekend and is scheduled to be delivered next Friday. 

The dealer has been great, they know where the truck is and has updated me a few times a week, especially the last month or so. The truck is obviously in the sea of trucks that are staged somewhere in Kentucky awaiting shipment. The dealer only can tell me what Ford tells them which is shipping by Jan 6th, but Ford as moved that date many times since November, so confidence its shipping in the next day or two is very low and a high probability the date will get pushed out again for the 6th or 7th time.

It's going to be what its going to be, but I was more curious if Ford is 20%, 40%, 60% complete with moving and shipping the trucks that are complete, released, on hold and staged around the plant and KSW. If they were 60 - 80% done, then I would be more optimistic it will ship soon, but with the 2023's rolling off the line and taking priority on shipment and if they are only 20% cleared out, then I may have quite a longer wait. 

I've been disappointed in the whole process. I understand the challenges, just disappointed in Ford for not having a better plan and adjusting resources accordingly. If they would let me fly up there and get it, I would drive it back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seabrooktx said:

The dealer has been great, they know where the truck is and has updated me a few times a week, especially the last month or so. The truck is obviously in the sea of trucks that are staged somewhere in Kentucky awaiting shipment. The dealer only can tell me what Ford tells them which is shipping by Jan 6th, but Ford as moved that date many times since November, so confidence its shipping in the next day or two is very low and a high probability the date will get pushed out again for the 6th or 7th time.

It's going to be what its going to be, but I was more curious if Ford is 20%, 40%, 60% complete with moving and shipping the trucks that are complete, released, on hold and staged around the plant and KSW. If they were 60 - 80% done, then I would be more optimistic it will ship soon, but with the 2023's rolling off the line and taking priority on shipment and if they are only 20% cleared out, then I may have quite a longer wait. 

I've been disappointed in the whole process. I understand the challenges, just disappointed in Ford for not having a better plan and adjusting resources accordingly. If they would let me fly up there and get it, I would drive it back.

After reading thus.  Am I correct in thinking people will be getting 23s before some 22s?

My truck finally made it out of the Shelbyville black hole after sitting for several weeks. Ford marketing said it arrived at the Kansas City hub. That was a huge sigh of relief… until they said it will take two weeks to go the last 3 hours to Granger. Has anyone seen delays like that for the last leg?

2 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

After reading thus.  Am I correct in thinking people will be getting 23s before some 22s?

Sadly I'm fully expecting people to get their '23s before I see my '22. Mine's been waiting for shipping with no holds since mid-Sept. It sounds like some people who have been waiting for shipping since early Dec and mid Nov have seen movement, but if they are working their way back towards the oldest builds mine probably won't ship for another month or more at this rate. 

3 hours ago, Wizardfitz said:

Don't be surprised if base model 23s show up before higher trimmed 22s since they may not have any commodity restrictions.   All things being equal, one would expect 22s to arrive first but I doubt it is that simple. 

2 hours ago, le engineer said:

My truck finally made it out of the Shelbyville black hole after sitting for several weeks. Ford marketing said it arrived at the Kansas City hub. That was a huge sigh of relief… until they said it will take two weeks to go the last 3 hours to Granger. Has anyone seen delays like that for the last leg?

I haven’t had the level of delays you guys have experienced.  I’ve only waited a month. I got my Shipped update Sunday morning,January 1st with a schedule arrival at my dealer of the 13th. I ordered Feb of last year, so I’ll be at the 11 month mark from beginning to end, assuming this last leg is on schedule. I’m in Houston, so 2 weeks doesn’t sound abnormal. Your situation sounds pretty over-extended. Maybe you’ll get it much sooner than the 2 week estimate.  Good luck! 

17 hours ago, Diesel Dude said:

I am in Richmond, TX.  I ordered from Planet Ford in Spring because of F&F discount.  Order on 2/17/2022.  In production 9/12/2022.  Built on 9/22/2022.  Still waiting to ship.

On 1/3/2023 at 4:48 AM, Alex Kreh said:

Exactly! Getting that superduty fever feeling again! And oh yes I’m definitely going to be getting some stuff for this truck. Especially stuff to keep the dogs off my leather!!! Haha. But that’s awesome to hear about the bumper. Also hoping it will help my truck look a little less lopsided with the long bed by adding the extra length on the truck. The damn thing will bd over 22’ long at that point. Land yacht! No more drive through for me. Looking at getting a 3” lift and shoving 37x12.50s under her! First things first with the bumper though lol. Only mod I want to do but won’t because I like my warranty is the def delete. 

Ok I picked up my truck today! And spoke with service department. According to them. My warranty would not be voided because of cattle guard. They also had around 15 New trucks with ranch hands installed.

I’m going to have it installed.

I think the risk of being stuck without a truck for months is not worth it to me.

3A141059-7B3A-492E-8BDA-A27A6415B0EE.jpeg

B1422CB6-49AC-4A62-BD09-196A06DAB4BF.jpeg

• Like 2

Good news everyone, my truck has made it to the holding lot to wait for convoy transportation following its trip via rail. It is in Petersburg VA at lot B apparently. I’m curious y’all’s thoughts. My estimated date for my dealer was today. Obviously that will not happen, and he said the estimation is now the 24th. I think this is just an automated push back seeing as the old date came and went. I’m thinking there is still a chance I see it this weekend and I feel like the date is nearly pointless as of late. Obviously any ideas are speculations but I feel like the holding lots after rail have been better. The only thing I’m worried about is my 8’ box holding me up. My truck is listed as “hot” but I also think so are everyone else’s. Let me know your guesses. Will I see my truck this weekend or will it be closer to the 24th? Good news is my 2014 F150 that I bought in 2020 and put 60k miles on was totaled and I will get $15,700 despite the fact that I only paid $14,500. This world is crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gotodd12 said:

Ok I picked up my truck today! And spoke with service department. According to them. My warranty would not be voided because of cattle guard. They also had around 15 New trucks with ranch hands installed.

I’m going to have it installed.

I think the risk of being stuck without a truck for months is not worth it to me.

3A141059-7B3A-492E-8BDA-A27A6415B0EE.jpeg

B1422CB6-49AC-4A62-BD09-196A06DAB4BF.jpeg

Oh yes I’m definitely getting this, going to order this weekend I believe! It is a must have. Those trucks look great!! Yours as well congrats! 

11 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Here is an update. The status just changed in the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site to Shipped....now we will see how long it takes to get to Houston.

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

So those that are in a similar timeframe, maybe there is hope they are getting to the September timeframe builds.

5 hours ago, Texas Bourbon said:

I am in Richmond, TX.  I ordered from Planet Ford in Spring because of F&F discount.  Order on 2/17/2022.  In production 9/12/2022.  Built on 9/22/2022.  Still waiting to ship.

Dude! That’s jacked up. You guys had your trucks built sooner but are waiting on shipping. I waited up front, with mine not built until November, but with a shorter wait to ship. Can’t help but think they’ll be clearing trucks like yours out very soon so they make room for the MY23 trucks coming off the line soon. Good luck! I truly hope it ships asap!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Here is an update. The status just changed in the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site to Shipped....now we will see how long it takes to get to Houston.

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

So those that are in a similar timeframe, maybe there is hope they are getting to the September timeframe builds.

Awesome! Congrats! I was told two weeks from Kentucky to Houston. We’ll see

Good Morning Gents,

On just kind of a fun note... I was able to put the finishing touches on my truck over the holiday break. It took a little longer than I thought but I sure am happy with how it turned out. I made a couple little videos for friends and family and thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy seeing the finished product. I know that the meat and potatoes of this discussion is about delays, holds and general info, but we are all Ford truck enthusiast and I hope you don't mind me sharing my project. Let me know what you think.

• Like 2

Still no direct updates from Ford after they missed my last delivery window on December 22nd. My sales manager got an email after his latest inquiry to corporate stating that a rail car shortage is delaying trucks out of Kentucky and another new delivery window.

Ordered: 26 January 2022

In Production: 17 August 2022

Built: 17 September 2022

Est. Delivery (5th? 6th? 7th? window): 13-30 January 2023

34 minutes ago, harry22 said:

Still no direct updates from Ford after they missed my last delivery window on December 22nd. My sales manager got an email after his latest inquiry to corporate stating that a rail car shortage is delaying trucks out of Kentucky and another new delivery window.

Ordered: 26 January 2022

In Production: 17 August 2022

Built: 17 September 2022

Est. Delivery (5th? 6th? 7th? window): 13-30 January 2023

My dates are nearly identical to yours.

Ordered: 1/26/2022

Scheduled on: 7/14/22

Produced: Week of 8/15

Built: 9/29

Four missed delivery windows so-far. The last of which ended on 12/29, but I've yet to receive an update.

I don't believe what Ford says about there being a rail car shortage.  I think they have the same rail capacity as always, but because they shipped very few Super Duty's in September and October due to part/chip shortages they amassed a collection of 45,000+ trucks.  Then they began shipping complete trucks off the line while also trying to ship the September and October trucks at the same time, but there are likely no/few ADDITIONAL rail cars available.  It's not like there are 100's of them sitting around unused.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGBLKDRW said:

Good Morning Gents,

On just kind of a fun note... I was able to put the finishing touches on my truck over the holiday break. It took a little longer than I thought but I sure am happy with how it turned out. I made a couple little videos for friends and family and thought maybe some of you guys would enjoy seeing the finished product. I know that the meat and potatoes of this discussion is about delays, holds and general info, but we are all Ford truck enthusiast and I hope you don't mind me sharing my project. Let me know what you think.

Sweet rig! Very well done!

• Like 1