2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

6 hours ago, le engineer said:

There may be hope for you yet! My truck was delivered to the dealer today. My rep said there was a flurry of transports sent out from Kansas City. 

For those keeping tabs on order times:

F-250 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CC

- No 5WP, AS, wheel well liners, bed liner, or options known for delays

3/8/22 - Ordered

9/20 - Scheduled for production week of 11/28

10/4 - Production pushed back to week of 12/5

Radio silence

12/1 - Status changed from

“order confirmed” to “in production”

12/13 - Built / awaiting shipment

12/14 - Received built email. Delivery window to Granger of 12/28-1/3. 

12/15 - Received “shipped” email - presumably by convoy. Delivery window repeated as 12/28-1/3. 
1/10 - Received delivery delayed email. New window 1/15-1/21.

1/13 - Delivered!

That marks 10 months from order to delivery. Picking her up next Saturday. The wait is killing me! Best of luck to my brothers in the order queue!

Congratulations!! That’s awesome!!  We just drove by the lot at about 6:30pm CST and saw trucks loading and vehicles moving, so it looks like these guys are working OT! Maybe I’ll get mine tomorrow! 

Enjoy your truck!!

• Like 1

So my truck finally arrived at dealer yesterday after a year waiting for it.   However, while the dealer is sure Ford will price protect the MSRP when ordered, he is not sure Ford will also honor a private offer/customer loyalty discount the dealer included in the original deal.   I was never offered the discount directly from Ford.  It was all communicated to me by the dealer.   Does anyone have experience with this situation?

47 minutes ago, Polobbie said:

So my truck finally arrived at dealer yesterday after a year waiting for it.   However, while the dealer is sure Ford will price protect the MSRP when ordered, he is not sure Ford will also honor a private offer/customer loyalty discount the dealer included in the original deal.   I was never offered the discount directly from Ford.  It was all communicated to me by the dealer.   Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Granger price protected and honored my PCO after a 1 year wait. 

1 hour ago, Polobbie said:

If it’s a factory rebate it’s protected.  Have the dealer print the smartvincent report.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If it’s a factory rebate it’s protected.  Have the dealer print the smartvincent report.

Any idea what the policy is in PCOs issued after order but expired before delivery? Ford marketing said the dealer has an appeal process to grandfather me in, but I’m not sure how that will shake out.

Context: $2500 off if you place an order or take delivery by _______

57 minutes ago, le engineer said:

Any idea what the policy is in PCOs issued after order but expired before delivery? Ford marketing said the dealer has an appeal process to grandfather me in, but I’m not sure how that will shake out.

Context: $2500 off if you place an order or take delivery by _______

Ive heard the dealer can get it applied to the order after the order date but I think that has to come from Ford.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:41 PM, akirby said:

Directly from the Ford partner x plan web site:

The New Vehicle Purchase Program customer is entitled to the price in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer.

I see that in Section 6.  Maybe I’m not interpreting correctly, but if they honor the X-Plan price, are you seeing where it says they MUST honor it calculated on the protected price on my original order sheet?  I don’t believe I should have to choose either the original price, or the X-Plan price calculated off the latest invoice. I just want to go into the finance office with ammo to prove what I’m saying (if it exists). Thanks for your insight, akirby!

1 hour ago, Diesel Dude said:

I see that in Section 6.  Maybe I’m not interpreting correctly, but if they honor the X-Plan price, are you seeing where it says they MUST honor it calculated on the protected price on my original order sheet?  I don’t believe I should have to choose either the original price, or the X-Plan price calculated off the latest invoice. I just want to go into the finance office with ammo to prove what I’m saying (if it exists). Thanks for your insight, akirby!

It is at the dealer's discretion as to whether the amount charged to you at time of delivery is:

1) the X-Plan price in effect at the time of order, or

2) the X-Plan price in effect at the time of delivery.

If the dealer charges the higher X-Plan price based on the final invoice, then they are required to pass along the price protection funds once received from Ford.  In the end, you are supposed to pay only the original X-Plan price, though that may require paying more and receiving a refund.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, j2sys said:

It is at the dealer's discretion as to whether the amount charged to you at time of delivery is:

If the dealer charges the higher X-Plan price based on the final invoice, then they are required to pass along the price protection funds once received from Ford.  In the end, you are supposed to pay only the original X-Plan price, though that may require paying more and receiving a refund.

Well I'm hoping my dealer goes with honoring the original xplan. Going with a price increase will up my monthly payment.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, j2sys said:

The dealer says they can’t go back and look at the x-plan price on the original price when I ordered it because there wasn’t an invoice created. So they can either give me the x-plan price based on the current invoice, OR they give me the truck at the ordered price. They say they can’t give me the original price, THEN calculate and give me the x-plan price on top of that. 
As a result, the x-plan price on the current invoice gives me a few hundred dollars in discounts instead of the approximate $3K. It just feels like there’s something wrong with their explanation. 
Does that make sense, and is there something to my train of thought, or is the dealer’s explanation on target?

The dealer says they can’t go back and look at the x-plan price on the original price when I ordered it because there wasn’t an invoice created. So they can either give me the x-plan price based on the current invoice, OR they give me the truck at the ordered price. They say they can’t give me the original price, THEN calculate and give me the x-plan price on top of that. 
As a result, the x-plan price on the current invoice gives me a few hundred dollars in discounts instead of the approximate $3K. It just feels like there’s something wrong with their explanation. 
Does that make sense, and is there something to my train of thought, or is the dealer’s explanation on target?

Sounds like a scam or your dealer is as ignorant as mine

First there is x plan discount - you get the x plan price period so MSRP is meaningless.  It is true they can’t see the original x plan price which is why it should be recorded in writing at order time,  Your only option is to pay the x plan price on the invoice, have the dealer submit for price protection to Ford and they have to send you the rebate per the plan rules.

• Like 2

That's not entirely true.  Yes, there is no invoice until shortly before production begins.  It's my understanding that the dealer cannot go back in WBDO (the ordering system) to find the original X-Plan pricing; they'll just see current pricing.  However, they could have included the X-Plan pricing on the Order Preview (what many erroneously have been referring to as a DORA, that's something else).  This would've displayed the X-Plan price at the bottom of that sheet next to MSRP.  If the dealer had printed a copy of that and saved it with their records for your order, that would be their record of the original X-Plan price.  This is what I received from a dealer that facilitated paying the A-Plan price up-front.

Of course, they would only do that if you specifically mentioned that you were looking to buy the vehicle on X-Plan, and they agreed, and knew how to display Plan pricing.

At this point, as @akirby notes, unless the dealer has documentation of the original X-Plan price, your only option is to pay the X-Plan price on the invoice, and then wait for a price protection refund check (after the dealer receives it from Ford).  Believe that's been quoted as taking up to a couple months.

It would look like this:

image.thumb.png.a57f4e1f7ad1b412ae999a00f7b6cf97.png

Photo source: https://www.f150forum.com/f129/how-does-x-plan-work-custom-order-522543/

9 hours ago, j2sys said:

That's not entirely true.  Yes, there is no invoice until shortly before production begins.  It's my understanding that the dealer cannot go back in WBDO (the ordering system) to find the original X-Plan pricing; they'll just see current pricing.  However, they could have included the X-Plan pricing on the Order Preview (what many erroneously have been referring to as a DORA, that's something else).  This would've displayed the X-Plan price at the bottom of that sheet next to MSRP.  If the dealer had printed a copy of that and saved it with their records for your order, that would be their record of the original X-Plan price.  This is what I received from a dealer that facilitated paying the A-Plan price up-front.

Of course, they would only do that if you specifically mentioned that you were looking to buy the vehicle on X-Plan, and they agreed, and knew how to display Plan pricing.

At this point, as @akirby notes, unless the dealer has documentation of the original X-Plan price, your only option is to pay the X-Plan price on the invoice, and then wait for a price protection refund check (after the dealer receives it from Ford).  Believe that's been quoted as taking up to a couple months.

It would look like this:

image.thumb.png.a57f4e1f7ad1b412ae999a00f7b6cf97.png

Photo source: https://www.f150forum.com/f129/how-does-x-plan-work-custom-order-522543/

You should have this sheet with your name on it and signed by you. 

I'd recommend everyone subscribe to this YouTube channel. He regularly addresses Ford's price protection programs. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, The Peddler said:

Has anyone seen this before?

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 16-02-58 Window Sticker - windowsticker.pdf.png

Despite the heart attack over finding this window sticker on Saturday, today I received “Shipped” notification. Ten days short of the one year anniversary from my order date. I cannot access the window sticker today though. 

I’ll believe it when I can sit my butt in the seat. 

Edited by The Peddler
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, The Peddler said:

Despite the heart attack over finding this window sticker on Saturday, today I received “Shipped” notification. Ten days short of the one year anniversary from my order date. I cannot access the window sticker today though. 

I’ll believe it when I can sit my butt in the seat. 

Right?! My dealer started the FI process for my delivery Saturday and I still can’t believe it’s happening. 

On 1/10/2023 at 3:22 PM, Texas Bourbon said:

Y'all aint gonna believe this but it looks like I finally shipped.  I've been checking the order tracker everyday.  Checked twice today and on the second go round I have the magical partially filled blue circle.  Wish I could get some dates.

image.thumb.png.fff15d50cf4e59820422f9fcfbd4bf7d.png

Hey y'all, just thought I'd update to give hope to others.  My truck shipped on Jan 10.  As of 10:11 AM today Jan 18, she's now in the UP yard in Westfield, TX which just down the street from my dealer in Spring, TX.  She's almost home.  I will probably have a few more days wait as I am getting some modes done at the dealer (bedliner, cover, level kit).  Dealer says they have a few trucks ahead of me for lift kits.

8 days from Louisville to Houston ain't bad.  Good luck to all.

1 hour ago, Texas Bourbon said:

Hey y'all, just thought I'd update to give hope to others.  My truck shipped on Jan 10.  As of 10:11 AM today Jan 18, she's now in the UP yard in Westfield, TX which just down the street from my dealer in Spring, TX.  She's almost home.  I will probably have a few more days wait as I am getting some modes done at the dealer (bedliner, cover, level kit).  Dealer says they have a few trucks ahead of me for lift kits.

8 days from Louisville to Houston ain't bad.  Good luck to all.

Great! Mine is in the same lot and has been there for a week. I got an email from Ford last night that updated my delivery to 18-24th, so I’m hoping it’s at least going to be delivered in that window. Don’t want to be discouraging, but that’s the reality for me right now. 

Great! Mine is in the same lot and has been there for a week. I got an email from Ford last night that updated my delivery to 18-24th, so I’m hoping it’s at least going to be delivered in that window. Don’t want to be discouraging, but that’s the reality for me right now. 

is yours going to Planet Ford?  That's where mine is headed.  It's literally a few miles up the road.  Pray to God it doesn't take a week or more.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:32 PM, seabrooktx said:

Here is an update. The status just changed in the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site to Shipped....now we will see how long it takes to get to Houston.

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

So those that are in a similar timeframe, maybe there is hope they are getting to the September timeframe builds.

Here is my latest for those in Houston....

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Train Departed 01/08/23 from Kentucky

Transferred from CSX to UP on 01/11/23 in Arkansas

Made Several Stops between Arkansas and Houston

Set for Placement for unload at Westfield 01/13/23 ~ 11AM

Unload Complete 01/14/23 ~10PM

As of 01/19/23 - Sitting at Westfield waiting to Transport to Dealer South of Houston

Dealer has provided buyers order, X-Plan, Price Protection and everything as originally agreed upon awaiting truck to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive any day.

4 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Train Departed 01/08/23 from Kentucky

New member here, so I am sorry if this has been asked before, but is 3 months from Built to Shipped the typical time frame of a new vehicle delivery?  I thought I had seen online that about 1 month from Built to Dealer was about average.