2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

42 minutes ago, GreyShadow350 said:

New member here, so I am sorry if this has been asked before, but is 3 months from Built to Shipped the typical time frame of a new vehicle delivery?  I thought I had seen online that about 1 month from Built to Dealer was about average.

I ordered my king ranch ultimate on 1/13/22 it was built oct 24 shipped the next day took a week to get the Bay Area in California and another 3 weeks once it was unloaded from the train to get to dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreyShadow350 said:

New member here, so I am sorry if this has been asked before, but is 3 months from Built to Shipped the typical time frame of a new vehicle delivery?  I thought I had seen online that about 1 month from Built to Dealer was about average.

I'm not an expert, but in the 11+ months I have been following the forums and reading the posts, a "typical" shipment process would be 1 - 2 weeks after being built and 2 - 3 weeks of shipment time depending on where in the country you are. My truck was one of the "lucky" ones that got selected for the Kentucky Speedway storage lot black hole during the parts shortage of August and September, finally emerging after 3 months. Trucks that were built in mid-late Oct - December were usually shipped within a week or two and reached their destinations within 3 - 4 weeks. Some people's trucks got stuck at the local rail yard for longer, but I would guess 3 - 5 weeks to the dealer would be considered "normal" after production is complete. 

3 hours ago, GreyShadow350 said:

Pre Covid it took about 4-5 weeks to get a vehicle built and anywhere from 1-3 weeks shipping.

Given parts holds after build and transportions issues that’s out the door.  Order to build can be up to a year or longer on some models and shipping can take several months.  It’s a crapshoot.

4 hours ago, GreyShadow350 said:

Ordered 12/30/21

Built 3/28/22 clean, no holds.

10 months later and it still hasn't shipped. 

On 1/18/2023 at 5:01 PM, Texas Bourbon said:

is yours going to Planet Ford?  That's where mine is headed.  It's literally a few miles up the road.  Pray to God it doesn't take a week or more.

Mine is to Tomball Ford. I’ve stopped being excited about it. It’ll happen when it happens. It sucks, but it’s the new norm, at least for the foreseeable future. I’ve waited 11  oaths, so what’s another week…or four…

9 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Here is my latest for those in Houston....

2022 350 CCSB 7.3L Lariat

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Train Departed 01/08/23 from Kentucky

Transferred from CSX to UP on 01/11/23 in Arkansas

Made Several Stops between Arkansas and Houston

Set for Placement for unload at Westfield 01/13/23 ~ 11AM

Unload Complete 01/14/23 ~10PM

As of 01/19/23 - Sitting at Westfield waiting to Transport to Dealer South of Houston

Dealer has provided buyers order, X-Plan, Price Protection and everything as originally agreed upon awaiting truck to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive any day.

There are a few of us in the same situation, with our truck in the same lot off Hardy Roll Rd.  Good luck to you guys. When your truck gets delivered, please post it.  Maybe that’ll indicated the rest of us are close. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Diesel Dude said:

Now THAT’S jacked up! 

No one can explain why it's taken so long, nor can tell me where the truck actually is.  All I know is that it's built and clean, released from the factory. Have the screenshot from an insider at the plant showing so. Found out today it was pushed out again. Currently in my delivery week. My luck it will be the very last 2022 model to leave the Speedway and ship. I'll have my 2023 by then probably. 

6 hours ago, GreyShadow350 said:

My Metro Vancouver dealer advises his Super Dutys take about 23 days from completion to delivery at the dealer. I was very lucky, as my F-450 only took 15 days to arrive at the dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Jon said:

No one can explain why it's taken so long, nor can tell me where the truck actually is.  All I know is that it's built and clean, released from the factory. Have the screenshot from an insider at the plant showing so. Found out today it was pushed out again. Currently in my delivery week. My luck it will be the very last 2022 model to leave the Speedway and ship. I'll have my 2023 by then probably. 

I can imagine you’ve been through the cycles of frustration, fury, grief…then repeat. It’s just unbelievably mind-boggling. 

15 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

I'm not an expert, but in the 11+ months I have been following the forums and reading the posts, a "typical" shipment process would be 1 - 2 weeks after being built and 2 - 3 weeks of shipment time depending on where in the country you are. My truck was one of the "lucky" ones that got selected for the Kentucky Speedway storage lot black hole during the parts shortage of August and September, finally emerging after 3 months. Trucks that were built in mid-late Oct - December were usually shipped within a week or two and reached their destinations within 3 - 4 weeks. Some people's trucks got stuck at the local rail yard for longer, but I would guess 3 - 5 weeks to the dealer would be considered "normal" after production is complete. 

13 hours ago, akirby said:

Pre Covid it took about 4-5 weeks to get a vehicle built and anywhere from 1-3 weeks shipping.

Given parts holds after build and transportions issues that’s out the door.  Order to build can be up to a year or longer on some models and shipping can take several months.  It’s a crapshoot.

12 hours ago, Big Jon said:

Ordered 12/30/21

Built 3/28/22 clean, no holds.

10 months later and it still hasn't shipped. 

10 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

My Metro Vancouver dealer advises his Super Dutys take about 23 days from completion to delivery at the dealer. I was very lucky, as my F-450 only took 15 days to arrive at the dealer.

Thanks everyone.  I know that the build times are all over the map because of the supply of parts, and I had heard that shipping was a little delayed from say 5 years ago, but I thought the shipping times were fairly consistent once a vehicle was complete.  I will admit I've only recently started to pay attention to the times, since we now have a 2023 SD on order.  Thanks again for the explanations.

34 minutes ago, The Peddler said:

So, if you were given railcar # COER900331 via the chat line, how would you track it?

If it's a CSX train call 877-744-7279. Option 2, then 1, then 3. After that say "location". It will ask for the car initials (COER), then the car number (900331). Then say "done". 

The other rail lines have their own automated lines, you should be able to find out how to call from a Google search. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:41 AM, seabrooktx said:

Here is my latest for those in Houston....

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Unload Complete 01/14/23 ~10PM

As of 01/19/23 - Sitting at Westfield waiting to Transport to Dealer South of Houston

Dealer has provided buyers order, X-Plan, Price Protection and everything as originally agreed upon awaiting truck to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive any day.

An Update for those in Houston....

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Unload Complete 01/14/23 ~10PM - Sitting at UP Westfield waiting for Transport Load

As of 01/21/23 - Sitting at Westfield but dealer was notified it has been Dispatched. Dealer is expecting it over the Weekend or Monday at latest.

35 minutes ago, seabrooktx said:

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Unload Complete 01/14/23 ~10PM - Sitting at UP Westfield waiting for Transport Load

As of 01/21/23 - Sitting at Westfield but dealer was notified it has been Dispatched. Dealer is expecting it over the Weekend or Monday at latest.

Potentially great news for you!! I sure hope it works out that way!! Maybe mine won’t be far behind!

22 hours ago, The Peddler said:

So, if you were given railcar # COER900331 via the chat line, how would you track it?

3 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

spoke with my dealer Friday while doing paperwork.  Truck has been deramped at Westfield yard.  They are expecting it around the 25th.

• Like 1

Curious if anyone has anything going to granger.  Trying to determine if it was shipped. Was told it was a train and then ford said never mind, it’s still at the ramp and that tracking may not have been updated.  So no clue where it is.  Shipped 11Jan. 

19 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

Update for those in Houston....

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

As of 01/22/23 - Drove by the Dealer and it is sitting in their incoming/make ready area. Should take delivery of it tomorrow.

I'll let you know how many miles and if anything is missing, but looks like this 11+ month saga might finally be coming to an end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seabrooktx said:

Update for those in Houston....

Ordered 02/16/22

Production 09/08/22

Built 09/24/22

Shipped 01/05/23

As of 01/22/23 - Drove by the Dealer and it is sitting in their incoming/make ready area. Should take delivery of it tomorrow.

I'll let you know how many miles and if anything is missing, but looks like this 11+ month saga might finally be coming to an end.

It’s been a long road! Congratulations! Can’t wait to see pics!

On 1/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, harry22 said:

If it's a CSX train call 877-744-7279. Option 2, then 1, then 3. After that say "location". It will ask for the car initials (COER), then the car number (900331). Then say "done". 

The other rail lines have their own automated lines, you should be able to find out how to call from a Google search. 

As of right now, the train car arrived in LaCrosse, WI this morning. She’s getting closer!

• Like 3

Just got the call from my salesperson, my F-250 arrived at the dealership this morning and he's physically put his hands on it. It arrived at the local railyard late Thursday and took a few days to get on a local transport. 

I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to pick it up, just a couple of days short of my one year anniversary!

• Like 4