2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 1/28/2023 at 1:14 PM, Diesel Dude said:

My truck is 4 days old and I got rear-ended.  At least it looks like just the bumper with a deep scratch where the right side of the bumper was pushed forward into the rear quarter panel. Tailgate looks ok. 
I’ll take it to the dealer for an estimate Monday. Tomball Ford doesn’t have collision repair.

Has anyone in Houston used a Ford collision center that you can either refer to me or steer me away from?

CBC5A6D8-56FC-4008-97AB-4D920A169273.jpeg

Damn... That sucks. Unfortunately I don't have any real recommendations. My coworkers have had work done to their alumi-duty's, some extensive, at Frank's Collision, but they are on the South East Side of town. Turned out well, but I've never personally used them. Best of Luck, I would be pissed.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, Texas Bourbon said:

yeah mine hit Westfield on Jan 18.  Last message from my sales guy was they'd have it tomorrow the 26th.  The Ford tracker says Estimated Delivery 01/21/2023 - 02/03/2023.  She's paid for and I've already bought her some jewelry.  Just need to take her for some new shoes and tint on her glasses.

For what it's worth, the details are here:

• Order Confirmed02/17/2022  

• Scheduled Week Of 09/11/2022, Step 2 of 6 , Completed

Scheduled Week Of09/11/2022  

• In Production 09/12/2022, Step 3 of 6 , Completed

In Production09/12/2022  

• Built 09/22/2022, Step 4 of 6 , Completed

Built09/22/2022  

• Shipped 01/10/2023, Step 5 of 6 , In Progress

Shipped01/10/2023 

sales guy texted me around 1530 and said she's in.  sent me a few pics.

she's going to get some work done at the dealer and she's coming home.

69680703981__EA7BA329-F3CC-4461-80AE-0A715DC46C30.jpg

69680704696__71CAB51D-6873-46A0-A215-FC0CDC9234A3.jpg

69680706289__6E5A2B31-A248-43F4-A49E-D59689BFA711.jpg

69680707292__1FDA7CD0-4E18-4812-AFA4-9888E12588EA.jpg

69680708150__318B918F-BB81-47A4-BF85-7A0FF28E002F.jpg

69680709401__49295692-15AB-4002-81AD-8550013DA4C6.jpg

69680701529__2A5E5FC5-3B3A-41A6-A24F-F70E4DFD205E.jpg

69680702684__7157E11C-51A0-4E20-BB59-E61D14576AF1.jpg

• Like 6

Ordered Nov 2021

built aug/sep 2022

delivered hopefully 2023

it sounds like a Johnny cash song. I’m incredibly disappointed in ford. 

i got a fairly basic XL/StX to try and avoid extra delays. 

hopefully my 14 and a half month wait ends soon. 

Well, this is a post I'd NEVER thought I'd make...but she's finally home! I got in on this thread back when is was a free for all and everyone was looking for answers on their order, me included.  ?

So drumroll please, the numbers you've all been waiting for....

7.3 Lariat Ultimate, LED Headlights, spray in liner, heated steering wheel, optional larger tires, and other things I'm surely missing. Truck came in still smelling new, no faded plastic that I can tell so far, paint looks good with no issues, truck drives straight and true. Slight rust on driveshaft yokes, but to be expected, slight rust on manifolds but nothing excessive. Wherever it was stored was a dust bowl and will need a deep cleaning to my liking, but all in all it's in excellent condition.

401 days since ordered

313 days since built, waiting to ship

Came with 28 miles on the odometer

Dealer honored price from order at $61,800 out the door! Can't say it was a painless experience, but I'm just glad it's over.

Thanks to all that offered support and telling me to hang in there because I just about walked too many times.to count! Now to start putting on all the accessories I've had for entirely too long sitting in the corner. Forscan mods are top priority and will be done tomorrow. Now to get out there and enjoy this redhead.

20230203_175613.jpg

Edited by Big Jon
  • Like 10

On 1/30/2023 at 6:37 PM, Sonny_d said:

Ordered Nov 2021

built aug/sep 2022

delivered hopefully 2023

it sounds like a Johnny cash song. I’m incredibly disappointed in ford. 

i got a fairly basic XL/StX to try and avoid extra delays. 

hopefully my 14 and a half month wait ends soon. 

Hang in there, took delivery of mine today. Was ordered Dec 2021, built 3/22...and sat for over 10 months awaiting shipping. I'd lost all hope until I got the shipped notification. KTP to my driveway was 13 days. 

• Like 1

Big Jon, you are by far the most patient person I’ve ever seen.   I ended up with mine at the end of November but kept coming back to this thread just to see if you got your truck.  Better than any reality show on TV! I’m sure I’m not the only one, and we were all cheering for you!  Congrats!!!!

Edited by Wyo82
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 9:49 PM, Big Jon said:

Hang in there, took delivery of mine today. Was ordered Dec 2021, built 3/22...and sat for over 10 months awaiting shipping. I'd lost all hope until I got the shipped notification. KTP to my driveway was 13 days. 

Thanks man. 

i really like your red truck. 

im taking delivery tomorrow if all goes to plan. I’ll post pics but it’s fairly basic.

7.3 SCSB XL STX with bedliner and carpet delete. 

dealer says it has about 350 miles on it. Which I am not happy about but whatever at this point. 

mine sat for 5 months awaiting shipment  but was ordered way back in Nov 2021 so it has been a LONG wait. Nearly 15 months ugh. 

will hopefully be back tomorrow night with some pictures of the precious. 

Edited by Sonny_d
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny_d said:

Thanks man. 

i really like your red truck. 

im taking delivery tomorrow if all goes to plan. I’ll post pics but it’s fairly basic.

7.3 SCSB XL STX with bedliner and carpet delete. 

dealer says it has about 350 miles on it. Which I am not happy about but whatever at this point. 

mine sat for 5 months awaiting shipment  but was ordered way back in Nov 2021 so it has been a LONG wait. Nearly 15 months ugh. 

will hopefully be back tomorrow night with some pictures of the precious. 

I’d be asking the question of why so many miles I can see 100 or less but 350 is a lot 

• Like 1

Finally got it. Only ~15 months

my main concern right now is that the windshield wipers do not go all the way down. They are only a few inches higher than where they should be. Now I have to weigh whether the added hassle of getting the warranty work is worth it. 

anyways here it is. Extremely happy to have a keyed ignition. 

I’d be asking the question of why so many miles I can see 100 or less but 350 is a lot 

i found out that their delivery method was to drive the vehicle rather than trailer it. My dealer is 2-hours away. Being rural is difficult sometimes. 

0F25342B-A168-4187-9633-794ECB1EE5AE.jpeg

E1DCE51E-CEA7-4736-8ED5-10CB4F250331.jpeg

Edited by Sonny_d
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sonny_d said:

Finally got it. Only ~15 months

my main concern right now is that the windshield wipers do not go all the way down. They are only a few inches higher than where they should be. Now I have to weigh whether the added hassle of getting the warranty work is worth it. 

anyways here it is. Extremely happy to have a keyed ignition. 

I’d be asking the question of why so many miles I can see 100 or less but 350 is a lot 

i found out that their delivery method was to drive the vehicle rather than trailer it. My dealer is 2-hours away. Being rural is difficult sometimes. 

0F25342B-A168-4187-9633-794ECB1EE5AE.jpeg

E1DCE51E-CEA7-4736-8ED5-10CB4F250331.jpeg

Looks pretty nice ??

So I thought the wait was over when my truck was delivered in January. Two weeks into ownership, I noticed it pulling hard to the right under firm braking. Took it into my dealer. They replaced calipers on both sides over the course of a week in the shop and it’s still pulling. Their technicians don’t know what else to do. They’re opening a case with Ford corporate for technical support. Thankfully they put me

in a brand new 2023 loaner truck free of charge but good lord is this aggravating. Is anyone else having issues with brakes on their 2022s?

37 minutes ago, le engineer said:

So I thought the wait was over when my truck was delivered in January. Two weeks into ownership, I noticed it pulling hard to the right under firm braking. Took it into my dealer. They replaced calipers on both sides over the course of a week in the shop and it’s still pulling. Their technicians don’t know what else to do. They’re opening a case with Ford corporate for technical support. Thankfully they put me

in a brand new 2023 loaner truck free of charge but good lord is this aggravating. Is anyone else having issues with brakes on their 2022s?

That’s sucks.. wait all that time and finally get it to not have it I’d be P*$$ed???

37 minutes ago, AggieF350 said:

That’s sucks.. wait all that time and finally get it to not have it I’d be P*$$ed???

It’s pretty soul crushing. The only thought more horrifying than it being in the shop this long is what replacement looks like if it needs to be bought back. I’d be looking at a May delivery (J2) and a massive difference in MSRP. 

I don’t even know what else the problem could be after getting new calipers installed all around. Kinked hard brake line? Defective ABS valve?

5 hours ago, le engineer said:

It’s pretty soul crushing. The only thought more horrifying than it being in the shop this long is what replacement looks like if it needs to be bought back. I’d be looking at a May delivery (J2) and a massive difference in MSRP. 

I don’t even know what else the problem could be after getting new calipers installed all around. Kinked hard brake line? Defective ABS valve?

Who knows… hopefully they get to the bottom of it 

After almost exactly a year, it is safe and sound in my driveway after a 1,750 mile drive home. Performed flawlessly. Even got stuck in the massive Portland snowstorm yesterday for 7 hours and tested all the 4wd systems. One interesting thing though is there was a production error (I think) because it has the 5th wheel prep package and I didn't order it and it's not on the sticker. Pretty strange. Anyone else have this happen? Not complaining. 
On Edit:

Included

The 5th-Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package is standard on all F-450 models.

I guess I was confused because I was looking up F350's as well. 

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jarrsong said:

After almost exactly a year, it is safe and sound in my driveway after a 1,750 mile drive home. Performed flawlessly. Even got stuck in the massive Portland snowstorm yesterday for 7 hours and tested all the 4wd systems. One interesting thing though is there was a production error (I think) because it has the 5th wheel prep package and I didn't order it and it's not on the sticker. Pretty strange. Anyone else have this happen? Not complaining. 
On Edit:

Included

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Beautiful truck.?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jarrsong said:

On Edit:

Included

Looks awesome. I'm waiting on a Rapid Red 450, too. How was the 1750 mile ride? Rough or okay? Did it pull from grooves, etc., like I hear with the 19.5's? MPG? Sorry for all of the questions, but I've been curious.

Edited by KevinLK

The ride quality is actually great, and I was concerned about this as I had driven some older ones and they were pretty harsh. I never once had driver fatigue and could easily drive on for hours. It got very interesting when I got to Portland. After 6 hours of sitting in the same 500' spot on i5, I convinced some big rigs to split apart and ended up scooting between semi's/cars on the freeway, going over a median with 8"+ of wet snow. I have to move barricade's, drove over downed trees and garbage can lids wiggling my way through downtown Portland to essentially bypass the i5. I ended up on, with a group of trucks following me, on I suppose a spur road where I could see i5. Once i5 was clear I hopped back on and 75MPH the rest of the way home. Ended up, at 22 hours straight in the seat. Was tired, but never felt I didn't have enough truck. It was a scene out of the walking dead with dozens and dozens of folks that had abandoned their cars from either being wrecked or ran out of electricity/gas and started walking. I offered to help a few but most seemed to know where they were going. Crazy! Some pics in the first few minutes. 
No pulling in groves UNLESS they were super bad in which I'd scoot over a lane. This happen in one spot I can think of pulling up out of a canyon in California. My tires are the traction M/S traction tires. They are pretty meaty. Now for mileage. At 75 I would get 16-17mpg, but if I slowed it down to 65mph I can pull almost 20 on the freeway. So speed matters. At 65MPH, it's pulling 1900 RPM. Truck also has an ECO mode I tested and honest I didn't see a huge change other than it flattened throttle response. One interesting thing is I ordered my truck with the adaptive cruise and when you are going down the freeway, if you turn on the turn signal the engine immediately changes tone and comes to life, turn the blinker off and it stops. It's like the truck knows you MAY be about to pass a car. Turning radius is just CRAZY compared to my last few Super duties. THAT is about my favorite part. The sound system in this thing is badass for a factory system. 

Some things I don't like? Tailgate release is a button. I want a lever, period. I like the power release, but still want a handle to pull. Next would be the bed camera. Why the hell can't I engage the bed camera when moving. Seriously, what's the point as if I'm sitting still, I'll go have a look myself. This is dumb but I'm sure it's to protect the world from idiots. Lastly headlights. It is offensive to be that on a $85K truck that it is even possible to have shitty terrible headlights. I mean BAD. So for any who read this. ORDER THE UPGRADED HEADLIGHTS period. Forget what it costs, do not screw yourself out of visibility. And yes, I can squint 20/20 so I have great eyeballs. Ford shoulf be ashamed and honestly, I should have known better. 

20230223_035040028_iOS.jpg

20230223_035127784_iOS.jpg

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jarrsong said:

The ride quality is actually great, and I was concerned about this as I had driven some older ones and they were pretty harsh. I never once had driver fatigue and could easily drive on for hours. It got very interesting when I got to Portland. After 6 hours of sitting in the same 500' spot on i5, I convinced some big rigs to split apart and ended up scooting between semi's/cars on the freeway, going over a median with 8"+ of wet snow. I have to move barricade's, drove over downed trees and garbage can lids wiggling my way through downtown Portland to essentially bypass the i5. I ended up on, with a group of trucks following me, on I suppose a spur road where I could see i5. Once i5 was clear I hopped back on and 75MPH the rest of the way home. Ended up, at 22 hours straight in the seat. Was tired, but never felt I didn't have enough truck. It was a scene out of the walking dead with dozens and dozens of folks that had abandoned their cars from either being wrecked or ran out of electricity/gas and started walking. I offered to help a few but most seemed to know where they were going. Crazy! Some pics in the first few minutes. 
No pulling in groves UNLESS they were super bad in which I'd scoot over a lane. This happen in one spot I can think of pulling up out of a canyon in California. My tires are the traction M/S traction tires. They are pretty meaty. Now for mileage. At 75 I would get 16-17mpg, but if I slowed it down to 65mph I can pull almost 20 on the freeway. So speed matters. At 65MPH, it's pulling 1900 RPM. Truck also has an ECO mode I tested and honest I didn't see a huge change other than it flattened throttle response. One interesting thing is I ordered my truck with the adaptive cruise and when you are going down the freeway, if you turn on the turn signal the engine immediately changes tone and comes to life, turn the blinker off and it stops. It's like the truck knows you MAY be about to pass a car. Turning radius is just CRAZY compared to my last few Super duties. THAT is about my favorite part. The sound system in this thing is badass for a factory system. 

Some things I don't like? Tailgate release is a button. I want a lever, period. I like the power release, but still want a handle to pull. Next would be the bed camera. Why the hell can't I engage the bed camera when moving. Seriously, what's the point as if I'm sitting still, I'll go have a look myself. This is dumb but I'm sure it's to protect the world from idiots. Lastly headlights. It is offensive to be that on a $85K truck that it is even possible to have shitty terrible headlights. I mean BAD. So for any who read this. ORDER THE UPGRADED HEADLIGHTS period. Forget what it costs, do not screw yourself out of visibility. And yes, I can squint 20/20 so I have great eyeballs. Ford shoulf be ashamed and honestly, I should have known better. 

Sounds like an exciting end to the trip! glad it all ended up well. Thanks for the info on the truck. We'll eventually have a 700 mile trip from Iowa to Denver if it ever gets delivered (it's a '23). I'm anxious for it to happen.

Bummer to hear about the headlights. I know that you can get aftermarket LED lights, but I think they're pricey. I'll have LEDs, so I'm hoping they're good. Have fun with your truck!

• Like 1