2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I posted the notice in the Scheduling Notes earlier this morning. 

Unfortunately, I don't understand the scheduling process. One thing I think I understand and please correct me if I'm wrong is, dealers submit an order on Thursday and on Friday, those orders, (if commodities are available) are selected and submitted. So does the message above mean, no Super Duty's will be scheduled this Thursday/Friday and now nothing will happen until next week? 

I wish I knew more about the whole scheduling and allocations. My dealer said they only have one SD for this month.  Are dealers only allotted Super Duty's or anything else for that matter, once a month? Last I knew there are 7 trucks in front of me but if the dealer is only getting one or two a month, this could take forever.  Already going on nearly 6 months.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

Unfortunately, I don't understand the scheduling process. One thing I think I understand and please correct me if I'm wrong is, dealers submit an order on Thursday and on Friday, those orders, (if commodities are available) are selected and submitted. So does the message above mean, no Super Duty's will be scheduled this Thursday/Friday and now nothing will happen until next week? 

I wish I knew more about the whole scheduling and allocations. My dealer said they only have one SD for this month.  Are dealers only allotted Super Duty's or anything else for that matter, once a month? Last I knew there are 7 trucks in front of me but if the dealer is only getting one or two a month, this could take forever.  Already going on nearly 6 months.

Thanks

Dealers submit orders every day.  Every Thursday Ford selects the vehicles they’re going to build in the next production period which is a few weeks away.  There is an explanation somewhere you should read.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

Thanks

Dealers can submit orders on any day but scheduling is normally done on Thursday's each week subject to allocation and commodity restraints, etc. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, benpack61 said:

FB_IMG_1642680727967.jpg

Previously it was stated that COVP orders can be scheduled outside of the normal Thursday scheduling:

Scheduling is normally done on Thursday but verified COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) orders with incremental allocation and priority scheduling can be scheduled at any time.

So will COVP orders be scheduled between now and next Thursday?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

So will COVP orders be scheduled between now and next Thursday?

They can be.  But doesn't necessarily mean they will be scheduled between now and next Thursday.  There was one week in December where people got scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday of the same week.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There is no Dealer Invoice until just before the vehicle goes into production but the pricing, including X Plan, is available when the order is placed. I'm not sure why you think that an X Plan order takes away from the Dealer's allocation and would count as a lost sale. If the allocation is used for an X Plan order doesn't matter because the allocation is then used. The exception is if the X Plan order was scheduled using COVP incremental allocation, in which case it doesn't matter because the order is still scheduled. 

Dealers are not required to accept X Plan. The X Plan commission is less than selling the vehicle at MSRP, but the dealership still earns a healthy profit with the Ford commission and establishes a relationship with the customer, etc.  

It’s a lost sale because I’m not buying the truck, meaning I’m going to another dealership. If dealer A says that they won’t sell me a truck under xplan and I go to dealer B who does, doesn’t that mean that dealer A just lost a sale? My point is that they aren’t losing a stock truck to me. They are just not completing a sale. Unless you are saying that Ford it takes away from the total number of trucks that a dealer is allowed to have. My order is a COVP order. I was told by the mods on this forum that they don’t take away from dealer allotment. 

Edited by ardvark666

Apologies if asked and previously answered as this thread is huge and sort of all over the map, newbie here. 

Getting conflicting info on admin fees when reading ‘How the plan works’ FAQ’s: 

The answer to question 21 reads,

“…customers using the X-Plan Program do not pay dealer admin fees, which may be an additional cost on alternative price points.”

Then question 24 states:

….”dealers permitted to to assess up to $100 in doc fees(state dependent)…..“ “How does this change the $275 admin fee? 
-There is no change. The $275 admin fee covers the cost of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.” 

So is the $275 Admin fee applicable, or not under the X-Plan?

TIA. Learned a ton on this site in 24 hours since joining. Will be purchasing my third Ford truck in a row in about a month. Wished I would’ve joined years ago.  

23 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

According to the Kirby the 275 is built into the xplan price. The 100 you are referring to is what they might charge as “dealer admin fees”. They can only charge you 100 bucks. The 1695 destination fee is not negotiable and any dmv fees are also allowed. 

Thank you Ardvark666 for the quick response. 

For clarity, I won’t actually see the $275 as a line item on the factory invoice or AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement, it’s simply built in? Or if I do see it, it would be included and not more than the X-Plan Price? 

EDIT: answer confirmed. just generated a PIN and it states $275 admin is included in x-plan price(this amount should not be added to x-plan price). 

Edited by FordySumthin

23 minutes ago, FordySumthin said:

Apologies if asked and previously answered as this thread is huge and sort of all over the map, newbie here. 

Getting conflicting info on admin fees when reading ‘How the plan works’ FAQ’s: 

The answer to question 21 reads,

“…customers using the X-Plan Program do not pay dealer admin fees, which may be an additional cost on alternative price points.”

Then question 24 states:

….”dealers permitted to to assess up to $100 in doc fees(state dependent)…..“ “How does this change the $275 admin fee? 
-There is no change. The $275 admin fee covers the cost of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.” 

So is the $275 Admin fee applicable, or not under the X-Plan?

TIA. Learned a ton on this site in 24 hours since joining. Will be purchasing my third Ford truck in a row in about a month. Wished I would’ve joined years ago.  

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

8 hours ago, RoncoSD said:

What did your build look like? Did you have any of the major commodity stops?

None of the commodity holds. Would like to have gotten the spray in and 5th wpp but they were showing up on the list when I ordered so I passed on those. Will get spray in when I get truck. 

F250 XLT CCSB 7.3L 3.55 Iconic Silver

Add ons:

FX4

Upfitters

Remote Start

Front Console

carpet delete

all weather mats

bed mat

platform running boards

Greeting all!

New to BOF so I thought I'd come in guns hot with a request for some thoughts, which hopefully only slightly annoys the old salty farts? Ordered a '22 F350 PLAT 7.3 CCLB on 6 December w/ single commodity restraint; 5th wheel prep. In COVP; only received confirmation email from Big Blue. On Monday I received in the mail a 3K rebate that my dealership said they'd honor. Expiration date 4 APR 22. Thoughts on keeping or dropping commodity restraint in hopes delivery (Minnesota) takes place before expiration. Thoughts?

V/R,

FourCrazies

30 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

On Monday I received in the mail a 3K rebate that my dealership said they'd honor. Expiration date 4 APR 22. Thoughts on keeping or dropping commodity restraint in hopes delivery (Minnesota) takes place before expiration.

Does it say "Place order or take delivery by Apr 4"?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FourCrazies said:

Says “place order or take new retail delivery…”. Assuming since I’ve already placed an order (6Dec) before receiving the rebate (17Jan) that it’d only applies to take delivery?

But you placed the order before Apr 4th so it should still apply.  Ask the dealer.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

But you placed the order before Apr 4th so it should still apply.  Ask the dealer.

Just spoke with them, must take delivery by 4 Apr. I’ll run that by Fords customer services folks tomorrow. If this is the case, what’s the groups thoughts on the likelihood of a 4 Apr arrival if I drop the 5th? Was told it’d be $1800 if the dealership did it. 

Order placed on 1/8 no email from ford, but confirmed with dealer, order in scheduled for 2/28.  I have a VIN#.

a pretty basic lariat with the 7.3 & 3.55 e locker.  Value package, power steps, skids, upgraded tires, carpet delete, upfitter switch’s and heated steering wheel.

I was told 4 months when I ordered and that’s the the reality I have set for myself regardless of this early schedule date.  If it goes longer oh well.

• Like 1