2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

The mileage mystery has been solved. In the glove compartment stuck to the window sticker was this little notice. Apparently my truck went for a 14 mile ride around Louisville! And they still delivered it to me with the parking brake cable rubbing on the leaf spring and the water separator drain plug leaking! Total miles on the truck at delivery ended up being 21.8.

Hello FL Lariat Driver,

Congrats on your new truck, it's beautiful and Blue is my favorite color, and I chose Antimatter Blue for my 2022 F350 King Ranch SRW CCSB.  I'm sorry to hear you're having problems after waiting so long for your truck.  Would you happen to have a picture of the parking brake cable rubbing on the leaf spring or the fuel leak?  I'd like to see this so when mine comes I can check for same thing or if others on the forum see it, they too can check for that issue before taking off dealer lot or now.

Thanks,
787Toolman...

My order was submitted on jan 4th and dealer just got me a vin# and order# so I can look at the options that I chose. Looks like it is missing power telescope mirrors. Dealer showed me the order sheet they submitted to ford. Their order sheet shows that option but ford build tracking website doesn't. Is ford website usually accurate? They have not created my window sticker yet. 

Screenshot_20220122_112933_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_112940_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_112944_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_112955_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_112950_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

Agree with the steal part and definitely hoping the Service Dept has their wits about them. Truck is going in to get ceramic coated and windows tinted on Monday at a different facility then when I pick it up mid-week it goes back to the dealer for the repairs. Hopefully, I might actually get to use my truck by the end of January!  ?

Has your truck made it to Washington yet?

It did make it to Kent WA but I was told it didn’t make the ship to Alaska.  Hoping it makes Tuesdays and I might get to take possession in about 9 days.  

Edited by Jim58
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Hello FL Lariat Driver,

Congrats on your new truck, it's beautiful and Blue is my favorite color, and I chose Antimatter Blue for my 2022 F350 King Ranch SRW CCSB.  I'm sorry to hear you're having problems after waiting so long for your truck.  Would you happen to have a picture of the parking brake cable rubbing on the leaf spring or the fuel leak?  I'd like to see this so when mine comes I can check for same thing or if others on the forum see it, they too can check for that issue before taking off dealer lot or now.

Thanks,
787Toolman...

These are pictures looking over the left rear wheel and looking forward along the driver's side leaf spring. It seems like the cable is too long which is forcing it to bow toward the spring. Another member on a different forum posted his short-bed picture for comparison and his cable wasn't bowing but rather ran pretty much straight back to the wheel. I'm thinking maybe they put a long-bed cable on my short-bed truck.

No picture of the fuel leak but it is leaking at the water separator drain plug (big yellow plug on the bottom of the separator). I tried to tighten the drain plug but it won't stay locked and feels loose so maybe the plug is cracked or the o-ring is rolled.

20220121_135224.jpg

20220121_135136_LI.jpg

Edited by FL Lariat Driver

15 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

These are pictures looking over the left rear wheel and looking forward along the driver's side leaf spring. It seems like the cable is too long which is forcing it to bow toward the spring. Another member on a different forum posted his short-bed picture for comparison and his cable wasn't bowing but rather ran pretty much straight back to the wheel. I'm thinking maybe they put a long-bed cable on my short-bed truck.

No picture of the fuel leak but it is leaking at the water separator drain plug (big yellow plug on the bottom of the separator). I tried to tighten the drain plug but it won't stay locked and feels loose so maybe the plug is cracked or the o-ring is rolled.

Thanks FL Lariat Driver, I agree the cable does seem a little long.  Maybe for the short term, you can take a zip tie and pull it up to the other adjacent cable until you can let dealer address it?  I'll take a look at my 2017 F350 Platinum CCSB to see how mine looks.

44 minutes ago, Hogujak said:

My order was submitted on jan 4th and dealer just got me a vin# and order# so I can look at the options that I chose. Looks like it is missing power telescope mirrors. Dealer showed me the order sheet they submitted to ford. Their order sheet shows that option but ford build tracking website doesn't. Is ford website usually accurate? They have not created my window sticker yet. 

According to the 2022 order guide, it's most definitely an option for XLTs.  First column is XL, second is XLT and third is Lariat.  My order summary from Ford link shows all my options correctly but maybe it's different for each trim level what they detail out.  I'd call your dealer right away and get that verified.

787Toolman

image.png.9415fe340369e20074bb63d8fe055058.png

15 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Thanks FL Lariat Driver, I agree the cable does seem a little long.  Maybe for the short term, you can take a zip tie and pull it up to the other adjacent cable until you can let dealer address it?  I'll take a look at my 2017 F350 Platinum CCSB to see how mine looks.

I thought about doing that but, they are going to replace the cable under warranty (I'm going to insist on that) and it won't hurt the leaf spring to rub on it for a short time. Since it is only for the parking brake, there is no danger of the braking system losing fluid. The truck hasn't moved since I brought it home 3 days ago and won't be driven again until it goes back into town for the repairs so I'll probably just let them fix it without me putting a band-aid on it.

14 minutes ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

I thought about doing that but, they are going to replace the cable under warranty (I'm going to insist on that) and it won't hurt the leaf spring to rub on it for a short time. Since it is only for the parking brake, there is no danger of the braking system losing fluid. The truck hasn't moved since I brought it home 3 days ago and won't be driven again until it goes back into town for the repairs so I'll probably just let them fix it without me putting a band-aid on it.

LOL, I liked the band-aid part, yeah, I'd probably do the same too, even if the cable rubbed into two, it wouldn't be a safety issue for driving, good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.

• Like 1

FL Lariat Driver, see attached what my 2017 F350 CCSB cables look like.  I appears the cable bracket has some adjustability that could allow mine to rub if adjusted to one extreme.  Might just need to loosen the bolt and rotate the bracket to get the cable farther away from the spring?

AEF0F3E3-D79A-4297-97A4-35E0AEE3B58B.jpeg

613BAF86-2D49-4F11-BBEF-CBE0FAED3399.jpeg

30B24476-0B1B-4C1F-8D17-7AD1712556D7.jpeg

4B1498F8-E18C-44CE-8D4B-0037B2EAB352.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FL Lariat Driver said:

It's finally a done deal!! 174 days since placing my order in July 2021 for my F-250 Lariat SCSB with 5th wheel prep, spray-in bedliner, HCTT, UTT and Lariat Value (the only change I made to the order was changed the color from Antimatter to Atlas about a week after I ordered). The stealership agreed to "discount" the price increases which meant they didn't get added into the taxable total and corrected the truck cost for my purposes. Then we arm-wrestled over the trade value until reaching a less-than-desirable number for me. And eventually on Jan 19th I signed the paperwork and took it home. After driving it 15 miles to get to my house and with only 36 miles on the meter, I discovered the rear parking brake cable half rubbed through on the leaf spring and the water separator drain plug leaking diesel fuel on my garage floor. Good times!! Thought I would share a couple of pics. Gotta love that Atlas Blue!!!

I hate you ? My Lariat is still stuck in North Dakota on some broken down BNSF railcar, out in the cold, collecting rail dust, lonely, come to papa!! Love the Atlas Blue color, as you can tell from my forum name. Congrats on the new truck!

As to the leaking fuel filter, that's something the dealer should have caught. They are suppose to do a delivery PDI also to catch such things before they give it up to the customer. The brake cable placement might take more  scrutiny from the customer to find that :)

2 hours ago, Hogujak said:

You placed your order on Jan 4th and already got a VIN? Especially with the 5th wheel prep, spray in liner and Tremor... Seems like you mind as well go play the lotto. If thats the case its seeming less like a conspiracy that some people aren't getting built after such a long wait for those items and more like Fords system is screwing up. 

15 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

You placed your order on Jan 4th and already got a VIN? Especially with the 5th wheel prep, spray in liner and Tremor... Seems like you mind as well go play the lotto. If thats the case its seeming less like a conspiracy that some people aren't getting built after such a long wait for those items and more like Fords system is screwing up. 

Im in canada. No tremor pack. Just black appearance package. 

Also I skipped spray in due to delay. I did not know 5th wheel prep delay the process

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

According to the 2022 order guide, it's most definitely an option for XLTs.  First column is XL, second is XLT and third is Lariat.  My order summary from Ford link shows all my options correctly but maybe it's different for each trim level what they detail out.  I'd call your dealer right away and get that verified.

787Toolman

image.png.9415fe340369e20074bb63d8fe055058.png

Dealer just showed me the build sheet they submitted to ford and yes it shows power mirror but ford tracking website does not show that option on my build. 

I asked the dealer to check it for me and they said they included that option and that was it. I will call ford on monday. 

1 hour ago, Hogujak said:

Im in canada. No tremor pack. Just black appearance package. 

Also I skipped spray in due to delay. I did not know 5th wheel prep delay the process

Maybe your dealer had a large allocation. Good for you!  I’ve been waiting since August and the most recent information I got was they don’t have many Super Duty’s in their next allocation….

6 hours ago, Hogujak said:

Did you check the order guide?  My quick scan calls for XLT getting manual extending/folding mirrors as standard.

47 minutes ago, road turtle said:

Did you check the order guide?  My quick scan calls for XLT getting manual extending/folding mirrors as standard.

Yes manual mirror is standard but I added power mirror($800). Ford website shows every options I added but power mirror. Dealer just said they submitted order sheet including power mirror. So I don't know what to do. 

Should I call ford customer service or keep bugging my dealer?

I’ve had this F450 Platinum on order since 10/21/21. 

There’s been no movement so far. I stopped by my dealership today and asked them to see if they could get me moved up to a priority 2. There were several  450’s showing up in this thread as in production and several were delivered. However, that seems to have died off since late last year. 

So now I’m curious if any of the 450 guys around here have gotten any updates lately? 

Edited by Frog_Legs
Wrong attachment

47 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

There’s been no movement so far. I stopped by my dealership today and asked them to see if they could get me moved up to a priority 2. There were several  450’s showing up in this thread as in production and several were delivered. However, that seems to have died off since late last year. 

So now I’m curious if any of the 450 guys around here have gotten any updates lately? 

I ordered a 450 Lariat Ultimate in Star White on 9/28. Moved to priority 02 in November. Dropped AS, spray in bedliner, and rolling tonneau cover in December. 1/13 I was given a build week of 2/21. There’s hope, but everything depends on where your dealer placed you in priority in regards to all of the other orders they have. Also how many SD allocations that dealer has. Your dealership can answer those questions if you approach them the right way of course. They may or may not give you the info you’re looking for, but they should. You’re the customer. Just remember, most of these delays have been due to commodity constraints at the plant. Supply chain has been a mess. Be patient. We all know how bad it sucks. It’s frustrating not having answers. 

2 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Ordered a F-450 KR in August and have been priority 1 since December. Still waiting for a VIN, and note many F-450 orders pre-date mine.

11 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

Mine was ordered 3/31, built on 12/18 and delivered on 1/14, F450 Platinum.  Ford website still shows it's waiting to be shipped.

Edited by boarslayer