2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

55 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Whatsup blue oval family. I had a couple of questions. 
I brought up the xplan to my sales rep and he told me that is only for ford employees and family members does that sound right?

Also I received my pco expiring 4/4/22 and doubt my truck will be here by then. Has anyone had any luck with asking them to add that to the price now?  Thank you

A-Plan is for family is my understanding. X-Plan is for companies and organizations that have a special affiliation with Ford.. 

1 hour ago, Joshkbird said:

I ordered my truck 12/16 from the Morgan hill ford store in California. They’ve been great so far. No updates on the truck status other than confirmation. But after seeing all the xplan posts I figured I’d ask.  They do offer 450 over msrp. If that’s any good

Your dealer wants to charge $450 over MSRP - time for a new dealer.

I got same as I paid for my 2016 F-350 DRW 6.7 and a couple of thousand below MSRP. All agreed and signed at the time of order.

36 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I got same as I paid for my 2016 F-350 DRW 6.7 and a couple of thousand below MSRP. All agreed and signed at the time of order.

They made 450 over msrp sound like it was the deal of the decade!

34 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

They made 450 over msrp sound like it was the deal of the decade!

There are multiple dealerships on various forums selling below invoice on retail orders.   Plenty of folks are willing to make the drive ..... I know I will be. 

1 hour ago, Rangers09 said:

Joshkbird: My Stealership owns 3 of the 4 Ford dealerships in the state. They wouldn’t go below MSRP but they had no problems giving me my X-Plan ( which saves me about 4k) and working with Regional Rep on honoring my, now expired PCO for 3k and giving me my $500 military. It would cost me a lot more to order from one of the dealerships below MSRP as I would have to fly down to pick up, then arrange shipping from Seattle to Anchorage and fly back home. But if they charged you over MSRP to order, it is time to look for new dealer. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Jim58

4 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

I ordered my truck 12/16 from the Morgan hill ford store in California. They’ve been great so far. No updates on the truck status other than confirmation. But after seeing all the xplan posts I figured I’d ask.  They do offer 450 over msrp. If that’s any good

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill charges $450 above INVOICE for ordered vehicles, not MSRP. 

I know this because that's where I ordered my F450 from.  The sales manager told me that is the price they offer to everyone.

Edited by manko

19 minutes ago, manko said:

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill charges $450 above INVOICE for ordered vehicles, not MSRP. 

I know this because that's where I ordered my F450 from.  The sales manager told me that is the price they offer to everyone.

Thank you for clarifying. How long did it take you to get you truck ordered from them 

19 minutes ago, manko said:

Thank you for clarifying. How long did it take you to get you truck ordered from them 

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

Below INVOICE?  

Yep...  Two examples:

Currently $3,000 off MSRP which is below invoice on Mavericks, previously 3-4% under invoice: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/3-000-off-msrp-ends-january-24th-at-midnight-2022-fight-off-the-price-increase-with-granger-ford.7000/page-35

https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com

image.png.300f0c81076a226377fa755da343aa62.png

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Below INVOICE?  

Yep. I'm not sure if linking to other forum sites is allowed but you can search for Granger and Chapman on some other popular Ford forums, like ford-trucks.  Granger does 2% below invoice on retail custom orders and I think Chapman is doing 4% below invoice. 

1 hour ago, Monoman said:

Yep. I'm not sure if linking to other forum sites is allowed but you can search for Granger and Chapman on some other popular Ford forums, like ford-trucks.  Granger does 2% below invoice on retail custom orders and I think Chapman is doing 4% below invoice. 

I see it now.  That’s just ridiculous business practices.  

6 hours ago, akirby said:

A plan is employees.  Z is retirees.  D is dealership employees.

Slight correction, A-Plan is employees and relatives.  I just looked this up today, because and aunt in law asked about it, and she is eligible for A-Plan

I can literally give X-Plan to anybody I personally know.  There are organizations that offer X-Plan to their members too.

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

I see it now.  That’s just ridiculous business practices.  

How so?  Pre Covid buying for less than invoice was possible.  Now we have dealers charging MSRP or higher for custom retail orders and price gouging vehicles they have in stock.    IMHO these few dealers offering below invoice pricing realize custom retail orders are not labor intensive and worth the smaller margin and are shooting for higher volume.  These customers are not taking hours to sell them a vehicle, test drives, etc etc.   They know what they want and just want a decent price.

• Like 1

I did some searching and didn't find a thread or this question being asked and if so, can you point me to the thread on what happened to the Super Duty hood light and insulated hood liner like I have on my 2017 F350?  I can maybe assume they removed the fabric hood liner because when the fuel filter springs a leak like mine did at 40k miles, it soaks the liner with fuel and could be a fire hazard.  I drove mine for 50 miles with fuel shooting out of the top of the fuel filter and had no idea until I stopped, rolled down the window to go thru a security check point and I smelled diesel fuel.  What a mess that leak caused.

Thanks,

787Toolman

27 minutes ago, Monoman said:

How so?  Pre Covid buying for less than invoice was possible.  Now we have dealers charging MSRP or higher for custom retail orders and price gouging vehicles they have in stock.    IMHO these few dealers offering below invoice pricing realize custom retail orders are not labor intensive and worth the smaller margin and are shooting for higher volume.  These customers are not taking hours to sell them a vehicle, test drives, etc etc.   They know what they want and just want a decent price.

There is no profit selling vehicles 4% below invoice.  Zero.  Especially after paying the sales staff.  It’s bad business.

55 minutes ago, akirby said:

There is no profit selling vehicles 4% below invoice.  Zero.  Especially after paying the sales staff.  It’s bad business.

Isn't there still holdback money dealers get from Ford or are you already factoring that into your statement?  I must agree that if dealer is selling a truck and making no profit, that is not only bad business, but also stupid.

787Toolman