Build Moved to week of 2/14/22

Dealer said build day 2/16/22

Just got E MAIL from Ford.,  Truck has been built !! 2/19/22 @ 8:13 pm

Estimated delivery to dealer  3/3/22 to 3/9/22

windowsticker (2)pdf_220218_073832.jpg

Edited by Sox3
Add pic
  • Like 3

I could be wrong but I would think that recent events at the border crossings may have had something to do with parts not getting to where they need to be. Just guessing. It must be a nightmare coordinating all the assembly problems. Not having one part for a load of trucks so they have to build others that have less. Then parts come in and trucks get built from months old orders as well as recent orders.  It’s not like 10 trucks are built at a time. That would be easy. 

23 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

I could be wrong but I would think that recent events at the border crossings may have had something to do with parts not getting to where they need to be. Just guessing. It must be a nightmare coordinating all the assembly problems. Not having one part for a load of trucks so they have to build others that have less. Then parts come in and trucks get built from months old orders as well as recent orders.  It’s not like 10 trucks are built at a time. That would be easy. 

The KTP produces about 80 vehicles per hour, but that was precovid. I would say there are more than 10 trucks being built at one time. We are only going by people on this forum of builds, how many thousands of people are not on this forum have ordered or received their truck. My dealer told me the Canada hwy shutdown would not affect superduty production, but who really knows at this point.  

47 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

The KTP produces about 80 vehicles per hour, but that was precovid. I would say there are more than 10 trucks being built at one time. We are only going by people on this forum of builds, how many thousands of people are not on this forum have ordered or received their truck. My dealer told me the Canada hwy shutdown would not affect superduty production, but who really knows at this point.  

Yes Harry. A question I have is are all the trucks made in an hour or day or week all made with the same configuration? To keep things consistent? Are srw trucks and duallys made together?

1 hour ago, Dog breath said:

Yes Harry. A question I have is are all the trucks made in an hour or day or week all made with the same configuration? To keep things consistent? Are srw trucks and duallys made together?

Oh gotcha. I believe it takes about 24 hours once a truck starts going down the line from start to finish, then about another day for offsite items like bedliner etc.

Edited by HarryTaint

13 hours ago, traveldawg said:

Why no scheduling?  It seems if one has a build date and a VIN then all the parts must be available.

Scheduling is what gets you the vin and build date and it doesn’t mean parts are available it means they expect to have the parts available on that date.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dog breath said:

I believe the 7.3L engine is built in Windsor.  If there were issues getting engines south to the factory or parts north to the engine plant that could have caused some of the recent build date bumping.

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Scheduling is what gets you the vin and build date and it doesn’t mean parts are available it means they expect to have the parts available on that date.  

That amount of clarity is very helpful. Thank you.

Edited by Patriot1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deep South said:

Ordered 12/15/21 no communication since Ford confirmed order. F 350 DRW 4WD 5th wheel prep and bedliner. Called dealer yesterday and dropped bedliner. Should I get a confirmation from Ford that I made a change to the order ? Thanks!

I didn't when I dropped the spray in bedliner. 

20 hours ago, Sox3 said:

The wait is finally coming to an end

Ordered 7/21/21

Dropped Tonneau  and spray In liner 12/1/21

Scheduled for build 12/16/21 for week of 2/8/22

windowsticker (2)pdf_220218_073832.jpg

Wow, Congrats Sox3...Getting so close you can almost smell it.  I ordered my F350 SRW King Ranch 12/7/2021 with a few more options plus what you got but same color.  My VIN ends in D68786 so if they are really building 8000 per week, yours is 8,997 trucks ahead of mine or a little over 7 days.  Mine is scheduled to be built the week of 2/28, schedule slid twice from 2/14.

18 minutes ago, 787Toolman said:

Wow, Congrats Sox3...Getting so close you can almost smell it.  I ordered my F350 SRW King Ranch 12/7/2021 with a few more options plus what you got but same color.  My VIN ends in D68786 so if they are really building 8000 per week, yours is 8,997 trucks ahead of mine or a little over 7 days.  Mine is scheduled to be built the week of 2/28, schedule slid twice from 2/14.

I  was slotted for 2/28 as well, my vin is d74*** though so not sure that helps with how they are sequencing builds, mine is being built now.

21 hours ago, Sox3 said:

The wait is finally coming to an end

Ordered 7/21/21

Dropped Tonneau  and spray In liner 12/1/21

Scheduled for build 12/16/21 for week of 2/8/22

Congrats!!! 

1 hour ago, 787Toolman said:

Mine is also schedule for the week of 2/28. I'm D70. Hopefully we are all getting close! 

On 2/19/2022 at 4:46 AM, JT42 said:

If there is one thing I have come to hate from this process is the sales people saying “I’ll look into it”. Then two weeks go by and nothing. I just deal with the general manger now.  

I’m not sure there cut on these vehicles but holy crap as most here we are literally spending almost  80- 90K on these trucks. Customer service, product knowledge, and understanding internal Ford policy procedures should be a given. 

Yeah Its really ridiculous, Ive been working direct with the fleet manager from the start and have friends that work at the dealership. Very Frustrating especially since they have no inventory to move so you would think that they would really be wanting to get your vehicle in and sold and would be tracking it the entire time! 

24 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

Yeah Its really ridiculous, Ive been working direct with the fleet manager from the start and have friends that work at the dealership. Very Frustrating especially since they have no inventory to move so you would think that they would really be wanting to get your vehicle in and sold and would be tracking it the entire time! 

I agree, when I was there when I ordered, staff in there playing slap ass because no customers were there due to no inventory.

If I were the salesmen and the customer called me one time about an update and I got the sense they were really interested in getting information. I literally would send them weekly updates even without a reminder. Just do 1 hour of work for all my special order customers every Monday and send the email.

People have forgotten that customer service is what keeps people coming back, especially in the age of the internet. Good customer service to me is worth the extra 1-2K you could get from an out of state deal. 

The other thing that really chaps my ass is the lack of product knowledge. Last three Ford's I've bought, I can 100% say I knew the options better than salesperson, and up until this ordering debacle I didn't really do as much research as I do now. 

Edited by JT42

33 minutes ago, JT42 said:

I agree, when I was there when I ordered, staff in there playing slap ass because no customers were there due to no inventory.

If I were the salesmen and the customer called me one time about an update and I got the sense they were really interested in getting information. I literally would send them weekly updates even without a reminder. Just do 1 hour of work for all my special order customers every Monday and send the email.

People have forgotten that customer service is what keeps people coming back, especially in the age of the internet. Good customer service to me is worth the extra 1-2K you could get from an out of state deal. 

For sure, I can understand when sales are super busy that it would be hard to keep up with your customer base. But checking in at least once a month with a special order customer no matter how much they are spending could make all the difference. Future sales to word of mouth for family and friends could bring them more sale/money in the future but it doesn't really seem to matter. Very Aggravating!