2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Has anyone bought an overpriced used 3/4 ton, whether it be Ford, Chevy, GMC, or RAM and used it until your new one shows up? If so did they treat you fair on trade when your new truck came in? I've ran across a 6.0 Chevy 2500 that's priced really good, tempted to buy it to start the camping season with then trade it off when the new F250 comes in. Luckily I still do have my F150 which I'll probably use but if people are still getting fair trade in prices I'll think about buying used, use it for a few months then trade off for a slight loss or maybe even make a bit.

This process is quite painful. Ordered 12/6 F350 SRW 7.3 Tremor Lariat Ultimate Antimatter Blue, Winch, Moonroof. -    Dropped 5th Wheel Prep, Spray in Bed liner and AS (2/15).    Still no news on status.  At the same time I have a new truck camper being built. Looks like that will be ready mid - April... but not so sure I will have a truck to put it on...   ugh!

1 hour ago, sschamberland said:

This process is quite painful. Ordered 12/6 F350 SRW 7.3 Tremor Lariat Ultimate Antimatter Blue, Winch, Moonroof. -    Dropped 5th Wheel Prep, Spray in Bed liner and AS (2/15).    Still no news on status.  At the same time I have a new truck camper being built. Looks like that will be ready mid - April... but not so sure I will have a truck to put it on...   ugh!

Join the party. Just think of the people who have been waiting since June or July for theirs. I ordered in Aug and don't have mine. You might be waiting for a while, hopefully not. 

Edited by HarryTaint

1 hour ago, Pauljbouda said:

How long does a vehicle typically stay in the “in production” phase

I'm wondering the Same thing.  I received my window sticker 2/24, supposed to have a build date of 3/2.  Will it update to Built within 24 hours of Completion?

Ordered 5/11/2021... Trying to be patient.

14 minutes ago, tcritch3 said:

Yes sir! Working with Kris down there. How about you? Congrats on the build day, when did you order?

I'm with Brian. About two weeks after you. Our vins are only 16 digits off. He is telling me I have to pay the price increases +2500 from ordering. Taking all the info from here down with me. Hope you fair better

29 minutes ago, RoncoSD said:

I'm with Brian. About two weeks after you. Our vins are only 16 digits off. He is telling me I have to pay the price increases +2500 from ordering. Taking all the info from here down with me. Hope you fair better

I am going to be fighting it as well, I wouldn't have known about the price protection if it wasn't for this forum. Good luck!

30 minutes ago, gerstner5 said:

I'm wondering the Same thing.  I received my window sticker 2/24, supposed to have a build date of 3/2.  Will it update to Built within 24 hours of Completion?

Ordered 5/11/2021... Trying to be patient.

Probably not, mine has showed in production a week ago. It went into production 2/23, it still shows in production.  I called ford and they said no red flags that would hold things up. It’s a

F350 lariat 6.7 DRW 4x4 no spray bed or AS no moon roof, but has fifth wheel prep, safe, value package and a couple other things. But a pretty basic build 

The wait for me is over my Ford brethren. I am happy to report that I picked up my truck this morning. Ordered 10/4/2021, build date pushed twice, and actual build date Feb 9th. Truck shipped on the 14th.

2022 F250 crew cab, Antimatter blue, Tremor pkg, BOP pkg, 5th wheel prep, bedliner, 6.7 diesel, lariat ultimate, moon roof, carpet delete, truck bed step, hood lights.

What a ride. Had some issues with the dealer. Mainly he wouldn't allow me to use my credit union for financing and bullied me into a 0.6% higher rate with his lender BUT no worries I will refinance in a few months and do a lengthy write up to Ford about the shadiness of it all. I got the truck for 1% below dealer invoice and salesman flat out told me he could sell this truck for $10k above MSRP so I was nervous going into the deal and feel blessed I got out of there with my truck.

Good luck to all of you guys and I cannot tell you how thankful I am that this forum exists. The information that you provide and the comradery is priceless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fzappa1 said:

Probably not, mine has showed in production a week ago. It went into production 2/23, it still shows in production.  I called ford and they said no red flags that would hold things up. It’s a

F350 lariat 6.7 DRW 4x4 no spray bed or AS no moon roof, but has fifth wheel prep, safe, value package and a couple other things. But a pretty basic build 

Mine sounds a lot like yours. 350 DRW Lariat 6.7 with 5th prep. In production 2/23     
hoping to see a built email soon. 

So I decided to call Ford marketing just now to check about the effectiveness of my "Exclusive Cash Offer" They stated its up to the dealer if they will accept any or all of it. Has anyone had a dealer flat out refuse to accept it? I thought it was from Ford and the dealers didn't have a choice. 

9 hours ago, Jason the Mason said:

I hope that is not the case, My dealer took my truck for trade in back in September. I have been without a truck since then and have a lot of concrete work for this summer.

You got hung out.  You should have not let your used go until replacement was in to actually trade.  Same is going on with farm equipment.  Alot of farmers in my area traded planters last July and after season they took their trades to town and dealer sold them.  Now they are telling them their new planters won’t be in until late May or June.  We start planting corn April 15ish.  They are screwed.  I may have a ton of custom planting acres ?