2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

28 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

Just talked with Ford Marketing, had an original build week of 3/21 then it changed to 3/28 but now its been pushed all the way until 5/2. WTF it will be almost a year from order. Very frustrated to say the least especially since a local dealer has 2 450 Platinum's sitting on their lot that are full loaded just like the one I ordered. They have them listed at 117K! Not happy to say the least! 

Yes probably some inconsiderate icehole who ordered a couple of trucks to see which one comes first or someone backed out on a deal? work out a deal with the dealer and give them yours 

There is a serious disconnect happening somewhere. When I picked up my truck on Wednesday the guy at the dealership said that in normal times they had 400 vehicles on their lot. Currently they had 20. He said they usually moved about 200 vehicles per month. 

Dealership after dealership I pass on the highway I see the same thing, empty lots. Now today when I read a press release about a new Kentucky plant shutdown because of chip shortages it says that Ford produced 2.3 million vehicles in 2019 and will produce 2.1 million this year. Well... simple math says that's only a 10% reduction. So, if they are producing 90% of the cars that they were how come the lots don't have 90% of the cars that they did? 

2 hours ago, Forderorder said:

It's my profession.  That may not be how the (Ford's) software works, but it's well within the bounds of how well made systems can work.  Ford wouldn't be where they are now if Henry Ford didn't drive revolutionary changes, and if they throw up their arms and stop evolving the competition will surely surpass. 

You are completely correct but a company like Ford probably looks at ideas like that and see little to no profit added by doing it.  They may even think it will take away form their bottom line.  Sometimes no news is better than news ... from their perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

Do you all who think Ford should email everyone individually about your orders and what's holding that up really think it through? Minute to minute things change, one day they have enough fairy dust for your order, but they don't have enough rainbow sprinkles. Next hour they used up all the fairy dust building the orders with unicorn horns and now they are out. But wait, now there are rainbow sprinkles again but now out the fairy dust so yours still won't get built. Do you have any idea how many emails you would be getting daily and how confused you would be? In two days you would be complaining you're getting too many emails and too much information. 

They don’t u derstand what they’re asking for.  They just want a warm and fuzzy.  Maybe Ford should just send out a fake email once a week that tells them whatever they want to hear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fordnovice88 said:

There is a serious disconnect happening somewhere. When I picked up my truck on Wednesday the guy at the dealership said that in normal times they had 400 vehicles on their lot. Currently they had 20. He said they usually moved about 200 vehicles per month. 

Dealership after dealership I pass on the highway I see the same thing, empty lots. Now today when I read a press release about a new Kentucky plant shutdown because of chip shortages it says that Ford produced 2.3 million vehicles in 2019 and will produce 2.1 million this year. Well... simple math says that's only a 10% reduction. So, if they are producing 90% of the cars that they were how come the lots don't have 90% of the cars that they did? 

Because they’re selling them as soon as they come in the door.  Sales are only down about 20% pre Covid.  Dealers are selling vehicles just fine.

I didn’t say they couldn’t make it work that way but that’s not at all how it works today.  Today when a dealer has allocation that week it looks for vehicles it CAN build and schedules them.  Trying to identify which vehicles got skipped each week and why is a completely different query and has to account for multiple issues.  It’s just not as simple as you want it to be and the resulting inquiries and complaints from customers to both Ford and dealers would be staggering.  So they’re not going to do it and complaining about it is pointless.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

Hopefully this is a good sign. My build date isn't until 3/15, Ordered Aug 24. But still no window sticker. Some movement is better than nothing at all I guess. 

1E5E7357-BC33-4CFD-872A-DBB39713638F.png

When did you get this email. I’ve also been waiting since August.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t make it work that way but that’s not at all how it works today.  Today when a dealer has allocation that week it looks for vehicles it CAN build and schedules them.  Trying to identify which vehicles got skipped each week and why is a completely different query and has to account for multiple issues.  It’s just not as simple as you want it to be and the resulting inquiries and complaints from customers to both Ford and dealers would be staggering.  So they’re not going to do it and complaining about it is pointless.

I agree!  "Complaining is pointless".  So if you don't want to sit down, be quiet, and eat your oatmeal then your only other option is to take your business elsewhere.  Don't be a complainer...be in control of your own situation.

or...sure you can complain if you want, but nobody is going to listen. ?

2 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/ford-motor-company-sales-numbers-figures-results-february-2022/

Some data around the February FoMoCo sales numbers. 

Going to be some time before the lots are full, who knows this may have a transitory effect on how cars are sold for the big 3 even if supply chains improve less costly for them. 

To add real life perspective to the quote that retail orders are leaving the same day. I was there picking up my truck on Thursday they received 3 special orders on the convoy truck that day at 11AM.  I was the last to get mine at 3 pm lol. 

Edited by JT42

34 minutes ago, dkeene said:

No. No change, I don't know how late the plant operates tonight or the weekend. Still hopeful but a little discouraged.

My dealer showed me the production sheet on my truck today.  It is produced “yea I said it’s finished “ she yes but….. it’s now in a parking lot waiting for chips to be installed.  She said somewhere around 3/20 it should be finished.  I did look at fords web page for module as built data and it shows approximately 50 of thim installed and active. I checked my ford pass account and it still does not show up. I hopefully get it first week in April. 

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

When did you get this email. I’ve also been waiting since August.

Unfortunately it wasn't an email, I have not received any emails from ford. I check the tracker everyday in hopes of something new, and today it changed to in production. 

31 minutes ago, Fzappa1 said:

My dealer showed me the production sheet on my truck today.  It is produced “yea I said it’s finished “ she yes but….. it’s now in a parking lot waiting for chips to be installed.  She said somewhere around 3/20 it should be finished.  I did look at fords web page for module as built data and it shows approximately 50 of thim installed and active. I checked my ford pass account and it still does not show up. I hopefully get it first week in April. 

That sucks. At least it's built and you have an end in sight. I was hoping to be right there with you but it's not looking good right now.

2 hours ago, Fordnovice88 said:

That is all irrelevant.  At the end of the day/month/year, what matters to the dealers and Ford is profit.   Having hundreds of vehicles on a lot is meaningless.  How many vehicles solder per month is almost just as meaningless.  

3 hours ago, CaptainKopper said:

Do you all who think Ford should email everyone individually about your orders and what's holding that up really think it through? Minute to minute things change, one day they have enough fairy dust for your order, but they don't have enough rainbow sprinkles. Next hour they used up all the fairy dust building the orders with unicorn horns and now they are out. But wait, now there are rainbow sprinkles again but now out the fairy dust so yours still won't get built. Do you have any idea how many emails you would be getting daily and how confused you would be? In two days you would be complaining you're getting too many emails and too much information. 

Ford would not be emailing you individually. It would be a program setup to do that. You're telling me that ford, a 140 billion dollar plus corporation can't do the same thing you see on retail/grocery store sites? Where you can see an exact item, and what's in stock and what is not, with how many are available? With the technology that is available, the capability is there. You wouldn't be getting email, this would be available on a website to look at not subscribe to. No one would be sitting there sending out updates via email every second. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Ford would not be emailing you individually. It would be a program setup to do that. You're telling me that ford, a 140 billion dollar plus corporation can't do the same thing you see on retail/grocery store sites? Where you can see an exact item, and what's in stock and what is not, with how many are available? With the technology that is available, the capability is there. You wouldn't be getting email, this would be available on a website to look at not subscribe to. No one would be sitting there sending out updates via email every second. 

But unlike a grocery store, 30,000 orders are for same truck with roughly minor details. That change moment to moment based upon what can be built. Not to mention build schedules such as trim/model/color. They aren’t going to be sending a 250 XL trim down the line followed by a 450 Platinum, followed by a 350 Tremor. That would be terribly inefficient. 

And then you add in dealer allocations, orders ahead of yours at your dealer, priority codes and everything else. It’s not as simple as we have 5 gallons of skim milk left. 

What it is that is holding up your order from day to day changes. It’s not one item across the board and it may not be items you can drop or do anything about. Maybe you ordered a 250 but they ran out of the “2” in the emblem. Guess what, you don’t get scheduled. 

If it’s easier, I’ll write you the email now;

Dear Ford customer, due to commodities constraints we don’t have enough… ok we have that… wait now we are out of… wait, no we don’t have the… parts. We don’t have enough parts at the moment. As soon as we get enough, and your the next in order at your dealer and your the next priority code and your the next model and the next trim we schedule and the next color and the next in order of time since your order, we will build… wait sorry parts changed again. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

But unlike a grocery store, 30,000 orders are for same truck with roughly minor details. That change moment to moment based upon what can be built. Not to mention build schedules such as trim/model/color. They aren’t going to be sending a 250 XL trim down the line followed by a 450 Platinum, followed by a 350 Tremor. That would be terribly inefficient. 

And then you add in dealer allocations, orders ahead of yours at your dealer, priority codes and everything else. It’s not as simple as we have 5 gallons of skim milk left. 

What it is that is holding up your order from day to day changes. It’s not one item across the board and it may not be items you can drop or do anything about. Maybe you ordered a 250 but they ran out of the “2” in the emblem. Guess what, you don’t get scheduled. 

If it’s easier, I’ll write you the email now;

Dear Ford customer, due to commodities constraints we don’t have enough… ok we have that… wait now we are out of… wait, no we don’t have the… parts. We don’t have enough parts at the moment. As soon as we get enough, and your the next in order at your dealer and your the next priority code and your the next model and the next trim we schedule and the next color and the next in order of time since your order, we will build… wait sorry parts changed again. 

Go watch this and then tell me more about how they won’t build an XL next to a Tremor… ?

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

Unfortunately it wasn't an email, I have not received any emails from ford. I check the tracker everyday in hopes of something new, and today it changed to in production. 

How long ago did you get your VIN number?

26 minutes ago, CaptainKopper said:

Apparently numbers aren’t your strong suit. Let’s try again… 250, 450, 350. But sure, let’s share the 150 videos ?

Back it up with some proof then. 

hmm what’s this to the left? Looks like a wide track front axle. 

6D6E9538-D917-4CA8-8EC7-8FEFE8B33DBF.png

Edited by Forderorder